Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (718131 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
Wow. This thread is still on. Came to Ireland Jan 2019. Not been able to visit this thread or even Nairaland since then. It's good to see this thread still working. Was bored and decided to open Nairaland and then I saw this thread again..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
For innocent students out there, beware of Holmes Institute Dublin. They're undeniably a bunch of hoax and baloney.

It's always said that the disadvantages of cheap commodity always outweighs it's advantages. Thread carefully and all the best in your study endeavors.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by semmyk(m): 8:27am On Apr 03, 2023
Kiingdomjw:
For innocent students out there, beware of Holmes Institute Dublin. They're undeniably a bunch of hoax and baloney.
It's always said that the disadvantages of cheap commodity always outweighs it's advantages. Thread carefully and all the best in your study endeavors.
Thanks for bringing this up. Kindly provide further details to assist others in their decision. Apparently, you have firsthand experience of Holmes as you are there.
I recall they are a new school in Ireland. They are part of the Australian Holmes education group. Holmes 'forced' their way through in Ireland 2021 to start overseas offering in 2022 - https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/education-group-challenges-restriction-on-offering-courses-to-overseas-students-1188763.html
Their Auz review aren't great - https://www.edarabia.com/holmes-institute-melbourne-australia/
Kiingdomjw:
Pleas guys,
If you are already in Holmes Institute Dublin or planning to start the process, gather let's share ideas.
ICaSNg:
The school is genuine but a new school- they started last year in Dublin and only currently offering Undergraduate programs in Business.
... ...
Dpiano:
Please how did you go about it?I mean the admission process..and do you know if this school is real??Holmes institute Dublin
Dpiano:
Please who knows about Holmes institute Dublin and is the school accredited??an agent sent me their admission offer...he wants me to pay my school fees through him..I don't know much about Ireland..anyone who can help with helpful information...I would be grateful
semmyk:
... ...
Kindly check your program on the ILEP list: www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-study-in-ireland/what-are-my-study-options/interim-list-of-eligible-programmes-ilep/
Ensure your intended program is explicitly listed and confirm the level.
All the best
PS: thanks ICaSNG for the update on affordable schools. Yes, A lot is ongoing in restructuring third-level schools in Ireland.
ICaSNg:
LET's UPDATE OUR LIST
Affordable Irish School options to consider for 2023 :
HOLMES INSTITUTE - Bachelors degree in Business - 10000 euros + 50% discount applies - Overall tuition per year becomes 5000 Euros
... ...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
I have a double bedroom furnished for rent in a 2 bedroom apartment in Santry Dublin 9 . It has a separate bathroom and toilet for you. The apartment complex has a concierge, Gymnasium, cafe, Cinema, residents lounge and Co work area with free Wi-Fi. It's 5 mins away from Dublin Airport. It's close to Omni Park shopping center, M1 and M50 motorways. Rent is €1000 and deposit is same. Contract is for 12 months and there won't be renewal.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Republic001: 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
Pls house is accomodation now part of requirements for study visa in Ireland....I mean must we show evidence of accomodation booked in Ireland for study visa
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dpiano(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2023

Please explain further...they have an IG page and several agents recommended them...so what exactly are you talking about??I'm in the dark here....
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Republic001: 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
This page is kinda dull this days...is it that no one is applying to Ireland on study visadis daiz
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dodos26: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2023
bigmills:
Anyone coming to Ireland in April for work or school and needs an accommodation can reach out to me. I have a room in Newbridge Kildare..25 - 40mins by train to Dublin City centre.

Thanks

Hi,

I am searching for a house in or around Dublin.

Moved from Donegal to Dublin after school for work and I am currently perching with some Indians.

Any leads will be very much appreciated please.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dodos26: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2023
ExpressBooking:
I have a double bedroom furnished for rent in a 2 bedroom apartment in Santry Dublin 9 . It has a separate bathroom and toilet for you. The apartment complex has a concierge, Gymnasium, cafe, Cinema, residents lounge and Co work area with free Wi-Fi. It's 5 mins away from Dublin Airport. It's close to Omni Park shopping center, M1 and M50 motorways. Rent is €1000 and deposit is same. Contract is for 12 months and there won't be renewal.

Hi,

I am Interested.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2023
Dodos26:

Hi,

I am Interested.

Not available anymore
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Agrebaba: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
Good day everyone, is there any student here going to Dublin Business school this month?? Please Private chat me if you are.

I am also looking for Accomodation around Dublin 2. Anyone with useful info?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Doctorfitz: 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2023
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Officialpsammie(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2023
Hello guys...
Please is Wateford a good place to live/study/work? Are there any nairalanders/Nigerians In waterford? I'm to start processing my tuition fee payment soon... I got admission to study construction project management in SETU WATERFORD? people keep saying I should find a school in dublin.. Can someone please tell me about life in waterford? Thanks 🙏
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Officialpsammie(m): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2023
chibjohn:

Please I still need response to this…

Please share ur contact details let's talk. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tobygirl: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
Hi everyone.

I am married with a toddler. I have read so many bad news as regards Ph.D. Visa to Ireland and it's so discouraging considering the fact that securing a PhD position in Ireland is less competitive than in other countries. Please, I need some clarifications on:

If I secure full funding for the four years and apply at the same time with my two dependants, what are our chances of being approved?

How much do we need as POF?

Can my husband work in Ireland?

What's the processing time for such visa type?

Which of these three schools would you recommend for a Ph.D. in Social Sciences? Maynooth, Limerick, and Galway- in terms of quality, affordability of daycare centres, accommodation, scholarships, job opportunities, black communities, cost of living and standard of living.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 3:00am On Apr 20, 2023
Tobygirl:
Hi everyone.

I am married with a toddler. I have read so many bad news as regards Ph.D. Visa to Ireland and it's so discouraging considering the fact that securing a PhD position in Ireland is less competitive than in other countries. Please, I need some clarifications on:

If I secure full funding for the four years and apply at the same time with my two dependants, what are our chances of being approved?

How much do we need as POF?

Which of these three schools would you recommend for a Ph.D. in Social Sciences? Maynooth, Limerick, and Galway- in terms of quality, affordability of daycare centres, accommodation, scholarships, job opportunities, black communities, cost of living and standard of living.

I laugh when you ask cost of daycare centers. What you will pay for 2 children will shock you. Assume you got a minder or carer for €10 per hour and she does 8hrs for you a day and for 5 days a week, that's €400 per week and €1600 per month. That is if you are lucky to find someone who doesn't charge you per child.
So you and your spouse should perish that idea of daycare center and rather plan to share ur times and turns in minding ur kids.
Maynooth is closer to Dublin. Galway is on the West and lovely, Limerick is down south and good as well. But rent and cost of living is better away from Dublin and Cork
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Doctorfitz: 4:04am On Apr 20, 2023
[.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tobygirl: 8:09am On Apr 20, 2023
ExpressBooking:

I laugh when you ask cost of daycare centers. What you will pay for 2 children will shock you. Assume you got a minder or carer for €10 per hour and she does 8hrs for you a day and for 5 days a week, that's €400 per week and €1600 per month. That is if you are lucky to find someone who doesn't charge you per child.
So you and your spouse should perish that idea of daycare center and rather plan to share ur times and turns in minding ur kids.
Maynooth is closer to Dublin. Galway is on the West and lovely, Limerick is down south and good as well. But rent and cost of living is better away from Dublin and Cork

Wow! I did a quick conversion. It is well o. Thanks a lot for the heads-up! 😆 We only have a son at the moment. Still €10?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by semmyk(m): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2023
Tobygirl:
... ... I am married with a toddler. I have read so many bad news as regards Ph.D. Visa to Ireland and it's so discouraging considering the fact that securing a PhD position in Ireland is less competitive than in other countries. Please, I need some clarifications on:
... ...
... ...
Chances of approving your (PhD) student visa is high. The rest stand a good chance of long stay join family visa.
Your husband would be able to change employment status when on ground in Ireland. (NB: Typically, the visa that will be issued to him, at the onset from Nigeria, might have restrictions.)

I wrote sometimes back on this thread along the lines of
Ireland has a category for dependent: join family. The non-EEA Category A and some Category B (the one applicable to students is restricted to phd students) Yep, it takes months!!
Kindly Read more on Irish join family visa

NB: You may join your non-EEA/non Swiss family member immediately if their employment falls under:
Category A:
... ...
PhD Students (subject to conditions, including no recourse to social welfare payments)
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tobygirl: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2023
semmyk:

Chances of approving your (PhD) student visa is high. The rest stand a good chance of long stay join family visa.
Your husband would be able to change employment status when on ground in Ireland. (NB: Typically, the visa that will be issued to him, at the onset from Nigeria, might have restrictions.)

Ireland has a category for dependent: join family. The non-EEA Category A and some Category B (the one applicable to students is restricted to phd students) Yep, it takes months!!

NB: You may join your non-EEA/non-Swiss family member immediately if their employment falls under:
Category A:
... ...
Ph.D. Students (subject to conditions, including no recourse to social welfare payments)

Thank you sooo much! I will carefully read your previous post. I'm encouraged! 🙏
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zejunjo: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
Officialpsammie:
Hello guys...
Please is Wateford a good place to live/study/work? Are there any nairalanders/Nigerians In waterford? I'm to start processing my tuition fee payment soon... I got admission to study construction project management in SETU WATERFORD? people keep saying I should find a school in dublin.. Can someone please tell me about life in waterford? Thanks 🙏
Please how much is the tuition fee as I recently made application to the school?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tobygirl: 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
semmyk:

NB: You may join your non-EEA/non Swiss family member immediately if their employment falls under:
Category A:
... ...
Ph.D. Students (subject to conditions, including no recourse to social welfare payments)

I'm back from reading. 😆 I have a few questions though. 🙏

1.Will my applications be processed in Abuja because Abuja seems faster unlike Dublin.

2. I met someone recently who suggested my husband and son should submit their applications together with mine at the same time inside the same package or envelope. He said the processing time would be faster since they have all my documents at the moment and could easily verify them unlike the Join Family visa where they would have to contact my school and the rest for verification which according to him delays the process.
Please, how true is this?
Would you also recommend this?

3. If no, what do you suggest?
If yes, what visa type should we apply for- Study Visa for me and Join Family Visa for my husband and I?

4. For the POF, I read that €511 is ours per week. That's about €27k per annum. If my offer letter does not cover this but my husband can complement with his savings, is that okay?
Must we show the additional POF for the other 3 years?

5. Can my husband apply for MSc. Business Analytics in my school of admission and apply for a student visa together with us in the same envelope? What are the financial implications? Must we add his tuition and the €7k POF to the €27k?

Thank you ooo.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by FlyingToyota: 10:15am On Apr 21, 2023
Hello house, I’ve got a couple of questions about the visa procedure and I was hoping I could please get some guidance.

My parents will be fully sponsoring me for my studies (tuition, upkeep,rent,etc), but I understand that I will still need to submit my bank statement.

Is there anything in particular that a visa officer will be looking for in my personal statement that I to be aware of? E.g. do I need to have a certain balance, etc.

I work freelance, and business has been slow, so income isn’t too consistent. Would this potentially pose a problem?

I ve also seen some comments implying getting an Education Bond, reduces the amount or scrutiny your financials will be subject to. So would it be advisable to consider this given my situation? And If I did go this route, is anyone able to provide a rough estimate of how much money will need to be reflected in my parents statement to satisfy the requirements?

For people that paid for Education Bond with Form A, what payment category did you process it under swing as the payment isn’t going to the university?

Also what documents will my parents need to show since they are business owners?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Last355(m): 12:41am On Apr 22, 2023
Please I need ensuite accommodation in Limerick... Any one with a sure plug??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by preccy7(f): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hi everyone. Please I need an en-suite accommodation plug in Limerick. I’d appreciate any help. Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ADUKKY(f): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2023
Good morning great people. Please can anyone share supporting documents needed for a work Visa for Ireland.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ADUKKY(f): 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
ExpressBooking:
Hello Everyone.

I have been a silent reader on this forum. Most of the posts I see here are for study visas. Actually my wife is a nurse and got an employment with one of the biggest private hospital in Ireland after obtaining her nursing PIN. The hospital got her a critical skills employment permit which enables her to apply for visa with her family immediately, which we did on the 24th of July 2019. My wife's application was for employment while that of me and our four kids were for join family. My wife's visa has been issued and she traveled to Dublin to resume work but the embassy is yet to release ours. They said the application is undergoing some checks and next four days makes it 3 months whereas they said visa application will take about 8 weeks. Our application is being processed at Abuja Embassy.

Hi , please I sent you a mail. Are you still I'm Ireland? I need your guidance about a job offer in Ireland. Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hi all,

Is it possible to buy edubond via CBN rate? If so, what does the process entail?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 3:19am On Apr 28, 2023
ADUKKY:

Hi , please I sent you a mail. Are you still I'm Ireland? I need your guidance about a job offer in Ireland. Thank you

I responded to your email
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ADUKKY(f): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2023
[quote author=ExpressBooking post=122794781]

Thanks for your time. Unfortunately I can't find the mail. I got a job offer from St Collumcile's Hospital in Dublin as a Healthcare assistant however something seems not right about the offer.

All correspondences have been via mail, not even a phone interview. Also, all the contact numbers are unreachable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: Estatee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.