Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719282 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by elaniran: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2018
Male, can I have your email ?
Oyetola2007:

Hello, hope you know you can't get direct flight from Lagos to cork except via klm which is expensive. My best advice, book your flight to Dublin. After passing through immigration, getting your luggages and you are our finally. You will see AIRCOACH bus, book to cork and It's 20€. When the bus drop you at final destination i.e cork bus station, take a taxi to your final destination. Are you a male or female?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oyetola2007: 9:52am On Sep 18, 2018
elaniran:
Male, can I have your email ?
Princessoyetola2@gmail.com
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Cathy018: 10:17am On Sep 18, 2018
Hello house,
Can anyone please list of schools I can apply to for Masters in Education. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 12:01pm On Sep 18, 2018
anitakel:

Thanks sis, I am thinking of next week Tuesday or Monday.you?

When is your school resuming? Hope this won't be too late?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anitakel(f): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
MzDeeb:

When is your school resuming? Hope this won't be too late?

They have resumed already o
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anitakel(f): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
anitakel:

They have resumed already o

When are you going ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
MzDeeb:

What course do you want to study?

International business
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anitakel(f): 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
Goodevening,please how much do I need at the point of entry?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2018
anitakel:
Goodevening,please how much do I need at the point of entry?

Good question. Let's hope to get clarification here. Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2018
partnerus:

Hold 3k euro minimum max 7k as things are very expensive here. Housing here alone Na like 600 to 700
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
abuhusna1:

Hold 3k euro
So anything less than that, one won't be allowed in?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2018
partnerus:

So anything less than that, one won't be allowed in?
No it can even be 2k I am saying it cos you will need one thing or the other
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
partnerus:

whatever amount is fine..there isnt any law specifying..if you like come empty handed

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 19, 2018
pristine88:

whatever amount is fine..there isnt any law specifying..if you like come empty handed

Thanks bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 19, 2018
abuhusna1:

No it can even be 2k I am saying it cos you will need one thing or the other

Thanks bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mj123: 10:23am On Sep 19, 2018
Hello,
It is unlikely you will be asked to declare at the Port of entry. I wasn't asked. A colleague of mine was. Just tell them the amount on you. It will not prejudice your entry.
Also keep in mind that you will need 300 euros for your GNIB residence permit card. Safe travels

quote author=anitakel post=71316808]Goodevening,please how much do I need at the point of entry? [/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by galala123(m): 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
anitakel:
Goodevening family , I want to thank you all for your support and love through out this period of waiting.This thread was really helpful , my Visa was approved this evening.All thanks to *icasng* for creating this forum, .God Bless you all.
A big congrats to you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anitakel(f): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
mj123:
Hello,
It is unlikely you will be asked to declare at the Port of entry. I wasn't asked. A colleague of mine was. Just tell them the amount on you. It will not prejudice your entry.
Also keep in mind that you will need 300 euros for your GNIB residence permit card. Safe travels

quote author=anitakel post=71316808]Goodevening,please how much do I need at the point of entry?

Thanks alot.see you soon
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anitakel(f): 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
galala123:
A big congrats to you

Thanks alot
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anitakel(f): 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Please how did you control funds from Nigeria.Did you change all the money to euro? Or u operate a dormicillary account from there?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mj123: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2018
anitakel:
Please how did you control funds from Nigeria.Did you change all the money to euro? Or u operate a dormicillary account from there?

Personally, I purchased dollars from the black market in Nigeria.
Then changed it to Euros in Ireland. It's best you change a little at the airport. Then the rest when you open an account.

Alternatively you could purchase Euros from black market. The CAVEAT is that Dollar notes are easier to authenticate.
However, most banks would automaticate black market notes for free.

When you open your account in Ireland you will be issued an IBAN, Sort Code and a Visa Card.
So funds can be transferred to your account from Nigeria or any country
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Twetwi: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2018
mj123:

Then changed it to Euros in Ireland. It's best you change a little at the airport. Then the rest when you open an account.

Alternatively you could purchase Euros from black market. The CAVEAT is that Dollar notes are easier to authenticate.

When you open your account in Ireland you will be issued an IBAN, Sort Code and a Visa Card.

Better still, you may just buy Euro in Nigeria and bring it in.
That way, you will avoid exchange rate risk

Or buy Euro PTA from the banks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anitakel(f): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
mj123:

Thank you so much
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by tune10: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2018
Twetwi:

Better still, you may just buy Euro in Nigeria and bring it in.
That way, you will avoid exchange rate risk

Or buy Euro PTA from the banks

For the bank to give you PTA you need to have a return ticket. A one way ticket won’t do.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by luckyzeeto: 8:57am On Sep 21, 2018
Good morning,I'm new here,please i want to know all the process involved in applying for ireland student visa.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by orshore(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2018
Good morning . You need to read from page 1, that will do you many good .

luckyzeeto:
Good morning,I'm new here,please i want to know all the process involved in applying for ireland student visa.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 21, 2018
My first comment ever on Nairaland...wouldn't be fair to not acknowledge the help y'all on this thread gave me while I processed my visa application. I was given the visa and I'm here in University of Limerick, although my first semester would be at NUI, Galway. Please if you're in Galway, feel free to holla.

5 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by tolani4real: 1:30am On Sep 22, 2018
tune10:

For the bank to give you PTA you need to have a return ticket. A one way ticket won’t do.

You can buy euro from black market.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 7:33am On Sep 22, 2018
mizchidi:
My first comment ever on Nairaland...wouldn't be fair to not acknowledge the help y'all on this thread gave me while I processed my visa application. I was given the visa and I'm here in University of Limerick, although my first semester would be at NUI, Galway. Please if you're in Galway, feel free to holla.

How is life generally as per relocating with family?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Blessedolamide: 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
Biakwa:

Really expensive. Especially accommodation
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2018
Biakwa:

Really can't say as I just got here but it can't be that bad especially if the money is available.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by hustla(m): 10:52pm On Sep 24, 2018
Blessedolamide:

Really expensive. Especially accommodation

Do you think moving to areas outside Dublin will help as regards expenses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.