Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,397 members, 7,781,136 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:36 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (713062 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mykhelz958: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
ICaSNg:

Check Griffith Hostels or send them an email. They have hostels and you could book for a short stay.

Else, check booking.com to reserve temporary hostel for a week or 2 and you can sort the rest out on arrival.

Cheers

Hello house, is it easier to apply for canadian skilled express entry from ireland after one is done with his masters ? Gurus in the house kindly let me know what you think
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Blessedolamide: 2:30am On Dec 10, 2018
lander237:
Hi to everyone and all the gurus in the house.

(I might not be on the right thread to ask this question, please kindly re-direct me)

I've been searching for accommodation for quite some time now...Next semester (starting 24th January 2019) I am supposed to go to Dublin City University for an exchange semester. I've really tried daft.ie, rent.ie, I'm almost running mad lol cry

I can do shared flats, shared house, student halls, one-bedroom flat...Please any recommendations will help abeg

Hello, you may want to try Hazelwood or Gateway student village. They are both close to DCU and the price is relatively moderate.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lander237: 9:31am On Dec 10, 2018
CODEDBARREL:

Going to Dublin in January, I am a female. I am booking hostel with Isaacs Hostel. Getting some discounts days off a week. Will look for room mate when I get there.

If I can't secure a place before, I'll definitely do this
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lander237: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2018
Blessedolamide:

Hello, you may want to try Hazelwood or Gateway student village. They are both close to DCU and the price is relatively moderate.

Cheers!!!

Thanks a lot. God bless ��
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 10, 2018
lawlandc:
hello good evening and congratulations, I just applied for msc in business administration in for January intake in Griffith last week. I don't know if I can still make it considering the time. I got gp2.2
My self also, applied two weeks ago and still waiting for feedbacks as regards the status of my application from Griffith. Am looking at making January.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dizzynet: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hi Guys

I am sharing this to encourage someone.

About 15 months ago, I took the brave decision to travel abroad for better opportunities. Brave because I had a decent job as per naija standards but I was pretty stagnant and making no genuine progress in my career. I considered several countries but eventually settled for Ireland as it was less competitive than other countries and they offered graduates a genuine chance to get a job after graduation. I barely put enough money together for visa application, flights and 50% of the tuition. I came to study a Masters in Computing(Data Analytics) at DIT, I did not know much about the school but the deciding factor in picking it was that they allowed a 50% down payment of tuition for registration.

It was a very intense period while I studied, I was lucky to be get a part time job almost immediately after I arrived and it was extremely difficult juggling this with full time study especially as the masters degree was extremely packed. I did not need any extra motivation to dedicate my whole being to studying, this often meant I had to hang around all night in Starbucks, completing assignments and studying.

Now to the testimony, about 2 months ago I graduated and I actually had a job offer as an Analytics Consultant in a top Consulting Firm here in Dublin before I graduated. Now this is nothing but God's grace as I know for a fact it is not easy. On accepting the Job offer, the company wasted no time in preparing a critical skills work permit application(equivalent of green card) on my behalf which got approved about two weeks ago.

I used nairaland a lot when researching study destinations and putting together my visa papers so feel free to reach out to me if you require any information.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chuchu27: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

About 15 months ago, I took the brave decision to travel abroad for better opportunities. Brave because I had a decent job as per naija standards but I was pretty stagnant and making no genuine progress in my career. I considered several countries but eventually settled for Ireland as it was less competitive than other countries and they offered graduates a genuine chance to get a job after graduation. I barely put enough money together for visa application, flights and 50% of the tuition. I came to study a Masters in Computing(Data Analytics) at DIT, I did not know much about the school but the deciding factor in picking it was that they allowed a 50% down payment of tuition for registration.

It was a very intense period while I studied, I was lucky to be get a part time job almost immediately after I arrived and it was extremely difficult juggling this with full time study especially as the masters degree was extremely packed. I did not need any extra motivation to dedicate my whole being to studying, this often meant I had to hang around all night in Starbucks, completing assignments and studying.

Now to the testimony, about 2 months ago I graduated and I actually had a job offer as an Analytics Consultant in a top Consulting Firm here in Dublin before I graduated. Now this is nothing but God's grace as I know for a fact it is not easy. On accepting the Job offer, the company wasted no time in preparing a critical skills work permit application(equivalent of green card) on my behalf which got approved about two weeks ago.

I used nairaland a lot when researching study destinations and putting together my visa papers so feel free to reach out to me if you require any information.

Hey. This really encouraged me and thanks so much for sharing. About to begin my application to Griffith College for a masters in Applied Digital Media, I have a background in social media marketing and that is my current career field. Much of my knowledge though is self taught and I'm abit hesitant that I might find the programme difficult and consequently struggle with it. Alternatively Dublin Institute of Technology offers a conversion programme in Marketing. So I'm at a crossroads for which to choose. The career prospects in Digital Media seem to be good especially seeing as it contains elements of IT, but there is the worry that I might not be able to pull it off. Its ultimately my call but seeing as you are in Ireland and have studied there, which would you advise i apply for? Your two cents would really be appreciated.

Also I am aware that after your Masters you are given a stamp 1G visa. I was under the impression that one could not apply for a work permit till they were done with the 1G visa which is typically 2 years?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dizzynet: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
Chuchu27:

Hey. This really encouraged me and thanks so much for sharing. About to begin my application to Griffith College for a masters in Applied Digital Media, I have a background in social media marketing and that is my current career field. Much of my knowledge though is self taught and I'm abit hesitant that I might find the programme difficult and consequently struggle with it. Alternatively Dublin Institute of Technology offers a conversion programme in Marketing. So I'm at a crossroads for which to choose. The career prospects in Digital Media seem to be good especially seeing as it contains elements of IT, but there is the worry that I might not be able to pull it off. Its ultimately my call but seeing as you are in Ireland and have studied there, which would you advise i apply for? Your two cents would really be appreciated.

Also I am aware that after your Masters you are given a stamp 1G visa. I was under the impression that one could not apply for a work permit till they were done with the 1G visa which is typically 2 years?

Hi,

I think you have to carefully analyze your choices. In the end it boils down to deciding on an option you are passionate about and that you are confident in pulling through. I just checked the course details of the Digital Media and I can see it has some programming elements,I do not know what your academic background is but you need to decide if you can handle it. Again using myself as an example, I had to decide between Masters in Innovation Management and Masters in Data Analytics both at DIT. Innovation Management looked to be the logical choice for me as my career in Nigeria had been entirely in IT Project Management but I opted for the more technical Data Analytics option as I noticed there were very strong job prospects in the field.I imagined I would struggle with the programming parts but was also confident in my abilities to self learn quickly. Digital Marketing might be another option if it is available.

As for the stamps, yes you get a 1G for 1 year(renewable for another) after you graduate but you are free to apply for a work permit any time while you are on a 1G, in fact they encourage it. In my case I had the 1G for only about 3 weeks before I got the critical skills and changed to a stamp 1.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ltkwemzie(m): 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
Please how is the school (DIT)? I just got an offer for masters in electronics and communication engineering
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ahiboilandgas: 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
dizzynet:

Hi,

I think you have to carefully analyze your choices. In the end it boils down to deciding on an option you are passionate about and that you are confident in pulling through. I just checked the course details of the Digital Media and I can see it has some programming elements,I do not know what your academic background is but you need to decide if you can handle it. Again using myself as an example, I had to decide between Masters in Innovation Management and Masters in Data Analytics both at DIT. Innovation Management looked to be the logical choice for me as my career in Nigeria had been entirely in IT Project Management but I opted for the more technical Data Analytics option as I noticed there were very strong job prospects in the field.I imagined I would struggle with the programming parts but was also confident in my abilities to self learn quickly. Digital Marketing might be another option if it is available.

As for the stamps, yes you get a 1G for 1 year(renewable for another) after you graduate but you are free to apply for a work permit any time while you are on a 1G, in fact they encourage it. In my case I had the 1G for only about 3 weeks before I got the critical skills and changed to a stamp 1.
my kid bro also got admission for Msc international bussiness and Msc data analyst,but the young man preferred Msc international bussiness hp he get work
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by LordSir1: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
Ltkwemzie:
Please how is the school (DIT)? I just got an offer for masters in electronics and communication engineering
Did you apply for sept 2019?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by udi2111: 6:34am On Dec 11, 2018
Hello house, does is Bsc considered when applying for a PhD.
B.Eng Electrical engineering
MSC information technology
I intend pursuing a PHD in information technology. I just want to know if I will be considered since my Bsc is in electrical engineering.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Coco2019: 7:21am On Dec 11, 2018
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

Congratulations i tap into your breakthrough.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Coco2019: 7:53am On Dec 11, 2018
Coco2019:

Saw this on Irish times .. hope we finally get a relief from this GNIB stress.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 8:04am On Dec 11, 2018
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

I tap into ur breakthrough too!!! Congratulations once again. .
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 8:04am On Dec 11, 2018
Coco2019:

Saw this on Irish times .. hope we finally get a relief from this GNIB stress.
Woow.. this should be very nice
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kaynet231: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2018
Bro am also in the same process of visa application for january semester in griffith. e go make sense if we link up oh, i sent u a request tho.
uchegod05:

Congrat bro i also got admitted to griffith college 4 jan semester am in process of visa application. Pls i will like dat we keep intouch, pls i will send u a request 4 us to share contact tru email.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dizzynet: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2018
Ltkwemzie:

Engineering is on another campus I suppose but DIT have a very solid reputation when it comes to technology so I imagine it would be great.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uchegod05(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
Coco2019:

Me too
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 11:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

Waoh.. Congratulations �.. I'm super happy for you.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Blessedolamide: 10:19am On Dec 12, 2018
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

Congrats bro. And thanks for sharing your testimony here. Such a motivation to many of us.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 12:08am On Dec 13, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
my kid bro also got admission for Msc international bussiness and Msc data analyst,but the young man preferred Msc international bussiness hp he get work
I know someone who study MSc international business and he is working now.
Ireland has a lot of jobs opportunities now.
It’s just that Ireland is too expensive especially around Dublin, Cork and Limreck.
Almost all the jobs are located around Dublin.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2018
Let me share this. Not to discourage anyone, but I do emphasize that is difficult changing status in Canada or Australia form Graduate student to PR.

Everyone keeps hearing news it's greener on the other side, but alas its not. Am just trying to advise people to weigh their options well before jumping ship. The best way to migrate to Canada / Australia with certainty and ROI is through the permanent residence.

Ireland may not seem like the best but, there are lots of jobs opportunities.

As seen on International Education News Website:
================================
Removing the Barriers for International Students to Work and Settle in Canada
=================================================

While international students arrive in Canada in record numbers, when compared to the US and the UK, they are experiencing barriers when it comes to employment and permanent resident status following graduation. It seems Canadian employers prefer to hire those with local work experience and with permanent residence or citizenship status and are reluctant to take on the administrative load of temporary residents. Added to which, there is a lack of settlement services to guide the students through Canadian immigration policies. The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) found there were a record 399,000 private sector vacancies at the end of 2017 – an increase of 3 per cent over 2016.

Source: Study International

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Omar09(m): 10:23am On Dec 13, 2018
Hello all
I study physics education and I am in my final year. I will be graduating next year August. Now my question is can I switch to ICT for my masters in Ireland? When do I start applying, documents to get ready for application and which university is best for ICTUS?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lanrayx: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2018
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

pm'd you, thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ltkwemzie(m): 12:16am On Dec 14, 2018
Yes i did
LordSir1:
Did you apply for sept 2019?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ltkwemzie(m): 12:20am On Dec 14, 2018
Thanks alot.
dizzynet:

Engineering is on another campus I suppose but DIT have a very solid reputation when it comes to technology so I imagine it would be great.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by LordSir1: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ltkwemzie:
Yes i did
okay, thanks. I also applied for that intake but a different course.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
Pls who submitted during late November ...I submitted Nov 23..but have not gotten any response... it's taking long...am worried oooo..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
Segunagagu:
Pls who submitted during late November ...I submitted Nov 23..but have not gotten any response... it's taking long...am worried oooo..

Where did you submit and were you able to track it with the UPS number?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
Biakwa:

Where did you submit and were you able to track it with the UPS number?
I submitted in vfs lagos..and wen I checked VFS site it said it has been transferred to Abuja the second day I submitted...and wen I checked ups it's saying not yet received in Lagos.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Coco2019: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2018
Segunagagu:
I saw you getting your visa today or tomorrow but atmost is not gonna get to weekend .. I saw it already. Don’t ask me how.. smiles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.