Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (718324 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uchegod05(m): 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
UcheDA:
Hello all, any idea on how long it takes UPS to send an Irish visa within Abuja? Thank you.

actually it all depends on d volume of appilication in d embassy that determines hw fast d process will be. Some pple here got in 16days, some 25days while some of us re in our 30th day and still countin. Also d waitin tym is prolonged due to holidays also. Peradventure u made application around decemba u should knw that irish embassy abuja was close for christmas.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Coco2019: 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
UcheDA:
Hello all, any idea on how long it takes UPS to send an Irish visa within Abuja? Thank you.

When they have your passport they will call you for collection . Cos nobody knows how long.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarahblaze: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hello @dizzynet, I just Pm you. Am about to apply need your guidance

Thanks
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

I am sharing this to encourage someone.

About 15 months ago, I took the brave decision to travel abroad for better opportunities. Brave because I had a decent job as per naija standards but I was pretty stagnant and making no genuine progress in my career. I considered several countries but eventually settled for Ireland as it was less competitive than other countries and they offered graduates a genuine chance to get a job after graduation. I barely put enough money together for visa application, flights and 50% of the tuition. I came to study a Masters in Computing(Data Analytics) at DIT, I did not know much about the school but the deciding factor in picking it was that they allowed a 50% down payment of tuition for registration.

It was a very intense period while I studied, I was lucky to be get a part time job almost immediately after I arrived and it was extremely difficult juggling this with full time study especially as the masters degree was extremely packed. I did not need any extra motivation to dedicate my whole being to studying, this often meant I had to hang around all night in Starbucks, completing assignments and studying.

Now to the testimony, about 2 months ago I graduated and I actually had a job offer as an Analytics Consultant in a top Consulting Firm here in Dublin before I graduated. Now this is nothing but God's grace as I know for a fact it is not easy. On accepting the Job offer, the company wasted no time in preparing a critical skills work permit application(equivalent of green card) on my behalf which got approved about two weeks ago.

I used nairaland a lot when researching study destinations and putting together my visa papers so feel free to reach out to me if you require any information.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by buzzme: 3:18am On Jan 10, 2019
Hey, I just got my visa today in Abuja. Griffith, MSc Intl business and submitted lots of documents.

Mhipo:
Hi everyone, if you have gotten your visa congratulations...please kindly share your profile so that others can benefit, by profile i mean the course your going for, your uni and the visa documents submitted. Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uchegod05(m): 8:57am On Jan 10, 2019
buzzme:
Hey, I just got my visa today in Abuja. Griffith, MSc Intl business and submitted lots of documents.

congrat on ur visa approval. Pls wen did u apply and hw long did urs take. I applied in vfs lagos since 10th decemba and am still wait respond from embassy.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by buzzme: 10:06am On Jan 10, 2019
Thank you bro. I actually applied the same day, 10th Dec, but what I noticed is, I initially forgot to tell Griffith about my visa submission and remembered that, on Friday, 4th Jan. I quickly called and emailed them, provided my online application reference number and boom, visa my issued on Monday 7th and I received it 9th (yesterday).

Thank you once again.

uchegod05:

congrat on ur visa approval. Pls wen did u apply and hw long did urs take. I applied in vfs lagos since 10th decemba and am still wait respond from embassy.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
buzzme:
Thank you bro. I actually applied the same day, 10th Dec, but what I noticed is, I initially forgot to tell Griffith about my visa submission and remembered that, on Friday, 4th Jan. I quickly called and emailed them, provided my online application reference number and boom, visa my issued on Monday 7th and I received it 9th (yesterday).

Thank you once again.

Hope you are ready for the cold and the stress of finding accommodation...of u have somewhere to stay??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by buzzme: 5:16am On Jan 11, 2019
I hope we will be alright concerning the cold. Still searching for accommodation. Havent found yet, but spoke to someone from here and he was of help.

Segunagagu:

Hope you are ready for the cold and the stress of finding accommodation...of u have somewhere to stay??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Obiororo: 8:41am On Jan 11, 2019
Hello all! I know someone was looking to share accommodation in cork but I couldn’t trace the post. If you see this please reply to this post.
Also, putting it out there that I need someone to share accommodation with, a female preferably. Looking to get a 2 bedroom accommodation, so please if any one is interested let me know.
Thanks a lot.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by OTgenesis: 10:14am On Jan 11, 2019
Hey guys, I'm making plans on studying in Dublin this year, just got to know the cost of accommodation in Dublin is on the high side. Please gurus in the house Is it possible to get a place 45 mins - 1 hr drive from Dublin on a budget of 350-450 euro rental fee per month? If it's possible where do you recommend?.Please your your advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2019
April 2019 Courses / Intakes !
===================

Higher Diplomas ** For HND / 3rd class BSc graduates in Business, Fintech, Data Analytics

MSc & MBA

Data Analytics
Finance
Cloud Computing
Marketing
Digital Marketing
Pre-masters program *

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CODEDBARREL: 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2019
Segunagagu:

U haven't gotten a room yet? Saw ur post on the Dublin accommodation page on FB.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lovejah: 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2019
Visa granted
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uchegod05(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2019
lovejah:
Visa granted

Hello congrats on ur visa approval. When and where did u apply?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 2:27pm On Jan 11, 2019
Good people in the house! please how did you pay your tution in Euros and what platform or bank did u used ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lovejah: 2:30pm On Jan 11, 2019
Yesterday
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lovejah: 2:31pm On Jan 11, 2019
uchegod05:

Hello congrats on ur visa approval. When and where did u apply?

Is an appeal...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2019
lovejah:

Is an appeal...

what was the report sent for the denial before u appealed?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2019
Wolesantos:
Good people in the house! please how did you pay your tution in Euros and what platform or bank did u used ?

Same way its paid in Naira.

Go to the bank and request for Form A or go with your paytostudy doc.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Blessedolamide: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2019
OTgenesis:
Hey guys, I'm making plans on studying in Dublin this year, just got to know the cost of accommodation in Dublin is on the high side. Please gurus in the house Is it possible to get a place 45 mins - 1 hr drive from Dublin on a budget of 350-450 euro rental fee per month? If it's possible where do you recommend?.Please your your advice will be highly appreciated.

it's very possible but you have to be on ground first and also daft.ie, rent.ie will have to be your friend.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by beryour(m): 10:05pm On Jan 11, 2019
ICaSNg:

Happy new year!!!

May it be our best ever.

Wishing everyone success in their endeavours.

Source of the article is Study International- MSM Reporter International Education News; Date was 11th December, 2018.

Going through Permanent Residence to Canada is far better than through study permit.

GOD Bless !!!

Hello, Thanks for creating this thread.

Please does Ireland allows a student to travel with dependants?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:49am On Jan 12, 2019
beryour:

For Masters no.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 6:22am On Jan 12, 2019
beryour:

YES, but only for PhD students.
The UK however permits it.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Giftedhands33: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2019
Pls am new here,don’t know how the visa processing,can anyone put me through.applied for admission but yet to get a reply.waiting for that.would like if anyone can put me through.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by OTgenesis: 11:29am On Jan 13, 2019
Thanks bro!
Blessedolamide:

it's very possible but you have to be on ground first and also daft.ie, rent.ie will have to be your friend.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by akpumping30(m): 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
Good day house, I want to apply to a cheap school in Ireland, plz how can I go about it
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bigeye231: 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
OTgenesis:

you can get and am in dublin now and I can connect naija guyz with the agent I rented my apartment from...good luck to us all

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by harlat29: 2:49am On Jan 14, 2019
Bro i send you PM can you please accept i have something to ask you thanks
Coco2019:

I told you I saw it been issued already .. congratulations.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kingtut007: 8:19am On Jan 14, 2019
DIT, anyone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.