Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? (2841 Views)

Need A FURNITURE MAKER ?? / Living Room Furniture Dealers / CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE FURNITURE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? by edoman2016: 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
Guys, I intend to start a small scale furniture business in Lagos. I need advice on how to position the furniture business to be profitable.

Between home furniture and office furniture, which do you think will sell fast? Where in Lagos do you think it should be the location of my furniture showroom? What marketing strategies will you suggest to me in order to boost sales? I am starting the business on small scale with start up capital of 500,000 naira only.

Kindly make a suggestion or comments.
Re: Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? by braine(m): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
Its good you have planned your business.

I think you should venture into household furniture coz you'll have a large consumer base which would have cheaper making costs compared with office furniture which would cost you much to reach your customers.

The location of your business may be determined by how much you can afford for a showroom around the area: a showroom at Lekki will be costlier than that at Iyana Paja, obviously. So, stating how much you have in your budget would help you decide faster.

About marketing strategies; I think you should start with the traditional flyer printing and distributing around the area for awareness and then taking it from there.
Re: Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? by Onuokwu: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
edoman2016:
Guys, I intend to start a small scale furniture business in Lagos. I need advice on how to position the furniture business to be profitable.

Between home furniture and office furniture, which do you think will sell fast? Where in Lagos do you think it should be the location of my furniture showroom? What marketing strategies will you suggest to me in order to boost sales? I am starting the business on small scale with start up capital of 500,000 naira only.

Kindly make a suggestion or comments.

Since you are an upstart you will be better off doing home furniture first. The market is wider and entry requirements are lower in terms of quality of finishing etc. There are also many differentincome levels homes to pick from

In my opinion though you should be rather looking at the segment that plays to your passion and creativity first of all before considering the one that gives you more money. Ultimately you will be better off and more successful that way.
Re: Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? by edoman2016: 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
braine:
Its good you have planned your business.

I think you should venture into household furniture coz you'll have a large consumer base which would have cheaper making costs compared with office furniture which would cost you much to reach your customers.

The location of your business may be determined by how much you can afford for a showroom around the area: a showroom at Lekki will be costlier than that at Iyana Paja, obviously. So, stating how much you have in your budget would help you decide faster.

About marketing strategies; I think you should start with the traditional flyer printing and distributing around the area for awareness and then taking it from there.
I am thinking of getting an open space in middle class neighborhood such as ilupeju, Ikeja GRA etc. I believe residents in those neighborhood will have the purchasing power to buy good locally made furniture compared to low income neighborhood like Agege, iyana ipaja etc. The cost of renting an open space in those middle class neighborhood in Lagos is too high.
Re: Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? by betaessays: 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
Re: Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? by NaijaPress: 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2019
Furniture Manufacturing Business Plan Sample.... https://www.ngbusiness.com.ng/furniture/
Re: Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? by scofield2016: 4:19am On Feb 02, 2021
HOW TO START A FURNITURE COMPANY IN NIGERIA

The furniture sale business is fast becoming one of the biggest businesses in the country with the business having a huge potential and a chance to get entrepreneurs or business owners a good amount of income from the business. The business is not new at all as furnitures and furniture making was pretty popular in the past too as the materials were used to beautify places and add spice and style to a house setting. In recent times, the need for more quality materials has increased and the furniture making has moved from not only just making nice furniture products but also ensuring it is nothing but style.

The furniture sale business simply involves making nice furniture products and putting them out for sale for customers to get them. The business is a lucrative one and is surely going to ensure that entrepreneurs or business owners who start the business make good amount of profits from the business. The business has increasingly grown into something really popular in the business world with customers looking to get quality and well crafted pieces of furniture to place in their homes, offices, or anywhere at all.

Every home needs furnitures and not even homes alone, as furnitures are almost as important as any other thing needed in beautifying a place. It’s almost impossible to not find any piece of furniture at all in homes today. Over the years, the way and style in which furniture materials are being made have changed. With inspiration from online blogs or pictures of nicely crafted products, business owners now look to give their customers new styles and designs which totally makes the setting of wherever they are placed to look really modern.

https://blog.kusnap.com/how-to-start-a-furniture-company-in-nigeria/
Re: Starting A Furniture Business, How Can I Make It Lucrative? by chapatti: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2021
When you get our standard furniture business plan with 3 years analysis, what you need to do is to change the name, contact details, company details, founders details and other info to suit your need and present it to anyone (bank, investor, grant competition etc).

Our standard and well detailed furniture business plan comes in MS words and the financial projection comes is in an excel format. This will enable us deliver it to your inbox immediately and you can easily edit it to suit your needs.

NOTE: For those who don't like an already made business plan (generic) and you would want a tailor-made and a unique business plan to be developed for your business, then reach us via WhatsApp @ 07041813286 or our email @ tradewithchapatti@gmail.com

Click here for full details >>>>https://www.bestnigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/furniture-business-plan-in-nigeria-2021-feasibility-study-pdf/

(1) (Reply)

Get up to 150%ROI at EastEmber estate @ 10.5m .Invest wisely!08146646481 / Flats And Miniflat For Letting, At Palmgrove, Shomolu, Gbagada, Ilupeju, Pedro. / 3 Bedroom Flat For Outright Sale At Ipaja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.