Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,538 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:30 PM

ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday (15312 Views)

Kagara Students' Abduction: FG Delegation, IGP Adamu, Others In Niger State / ASUU Strike: Ngige Expresses Optimism As Another Meeting With Lecturers Begins / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Walk Out Of Meeting With Government Delegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Mayority: 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, on Friday held a closed-door meeting with the representatives of the federal government.

The meeting, held at the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment in Abuja, was to allow the lecturers brief the government on the outcome of the congresses by various chapters of ASUU.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the various chapters of ASUU held congresses to review the offer of the federal government and decide whether or not to suspend their strike. Some of the branches wanted the strike suspended while others voted for a continuation.

Although the National Executive Council of the union reportedly met late Friday night to collate the stance of the various chapters, officials have kept sealed lips on what the decision of the lecturers is; until Friday’s unannounced meeting.

When a PREMIUM TIMES reporter arrived the venue of the meeting at about 7:15 p.m. on Friday, the various officials and the government delegation were seen coming out of the meeting.

They declined to comment on what was discussed.
However, Samuel Olowookere, the spokesperson of the Ministry of Labour and Employment told PREMIUM TIMES that that there will be another meeting between the government and ASUU by 3 p.m. on Monday.

The lecturers have been on strike for one month over several issues including non-payment of due salaries and allowances and poor funding of universities.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/243379-ASUU-strike-lecturers-meet-govt-delegation-fix-another-meeting-monday.html

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Sermwell(m): 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
ASUU please call off this God forsaken strike naaa!!! I'm missing my books and most importantly my bae grin I just can't wait to be with her again! Its been a while! cool cool

22 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
ASUU & FG!!! Two brothers from different mothers. grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by mormoni(m): 4:29am On Sep 16, 2017
Why all these numerous meetings?

I don't know who is at fault here. Is it ASUU or FG

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by JohnieWalker(m): 5:44am On Sep 16, 2017
A Nairalander is coming out for Face of Vena Model please follow the link and like her pics. Let's help our own.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZEx3F5Dzoi/ here's the link directly to my pics, pls follow,like and share. Thanks guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by amd4598(m): 5:51am On Sep 16, 2017
Admin, move to FP pls
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Uyi168: 7:10am On Sep 16, 2017
ASUU abeg nor fall my hand o..at least,add 2months join am

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by otokx(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2017
Is the end in sight?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by wildchild02: 8:12am On Sep 16, 2017
Strike will soon be over, Baba is working

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Moreoffaith(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2017
Cool

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Narldon: 8:15am On Sep 16, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Fuadeiza(m): 8:15am On Sep 16, 2017
im coming

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by KejiT1(f): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2017
This ASUU should just end pls... My brother has been in 100level since 2015.....shuuuuuuuuuuuu

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Asology(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2017
ASUU and Federal Government be like:

Next please...
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by BadoBidoBae: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2017
Mayority:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/243379-ASUU-strike-lecturers-meet-govt-delegation-fix-another-meeting-monday.html

ASUU please have mezy, E haf do..
Na beg we de beg o.. cool

All. the good gehsfrenz and boyfrenz av join gangs grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by mlkraj(m): 8:20am On Sep 16, 2017
got nothing 2 say
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by kondogbia(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2017
obonte
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by kondogbia(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2017
kondogbia:
obonte
obonte
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Lilpapi(m): 8:23am On Sep 16, 2017
ASUU & FG should come to terms and call off this strike for the sake of the students

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by oshe11: 8:24am On Sep 16, 2017
them use MEETING swear for them

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Sanemind(m): 8:25am On Sep 16, 2017
This una meeting eh,don turn to committee of friends meeting,now done on weekly basis
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Preciousrose001: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2017
ASUU I take God beg una .....make u na come collect 2k for transport for Monday meeting abeg ....I don tire
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by light95: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2017
If this country don't want education, they should kokoma talk instead of frustrating the hell out of poor students! undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by uchaymart(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2017
KejiT1:
This ASUU should just end pls... My brother has been in 100level since 2015.....shuuuuuuuuuuuu

Where does your brother school Is it mandatory you comment

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 16, 2017
Thunder will fire ASUU, fg, the meeting and people organising the meeting. God punish them dere.. They are all clueless.
Whats going on now is exactly what happened 2013. Can't forget so easily. That year changed my life.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by ipghost: 8:39am On Sep 16, 2017
otokx:
Is the end in sight?

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by skinmalata(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2017
Please let them continue...i need this strike to last till next year.

Today's winning tips on my signature
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Adeyeye09(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2017
KejiT1:
hahaha...dats d evidence dat he went to skol. We all passed tru it

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by Namdeenero(m): 8:49am On Sep 16, 2017
KejiT1:
And he hasn't dropped out?? My sister you can lie for Africa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday by encryptjay(m): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2017
They're not discussing anything, just enjoying refreshment and prolonging this strike.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

IVC Scholarship 2018/2019 For All Categories / JAMB To Validate The Admission Lists Of Various Tertiary Institutions This Week / Unical 2015/2016 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.