Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni (39572 Views)

History Of Ika People(umunede) / Ika People / The Ika People{igbanke}. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Please leave Igbo matters for us to discuss. Some of us are respected titled men in real life that actually know Igbo and live Igbo. All of Igbo except Onitsha is nasal and this includes Ika and Ikwerre but central Igbo is a mix of Onitsha and Umuahia with the nasal aspects removed. Go back to your Igala and stop claiming Igbo when you know nothing about Igbo.

This dude is pathetic, from Umuahia is not nasal to Onicha is the only non nasalized Igbo as if you are making any sense. You don't know what Onicha dialect sound like or Idenmili, Ogbaru, Oyi, Njikoka, Omanbala regions, Awka etc. You don't know anything about our dialects yet you are an expert. If I have a man from Nkpor, Agụleri and Onicha together talking, even an Nnewi man will struggle to differentiate them.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abagworo, you have spent over a decade attacking and throwing mud at Anambra and when it couldn't stick you try another technique.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Abagworo(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
OMANBALA1:

This dude is pathetic, from Umuahia is not nasal to Onicha is the only non nasalized Igbo as if you are making any sense. You don't know what Onicha dialect sound like or Idenmili, Ogbaru, Oyi, Njikoka, Omanbala regions, Awka etc. You don't know anything about our dialects yet you are an expert. If I have a man from Nkpor, Agụleri and Onicha together talking, even an Nnewi man will struggle to differentiate them.

Some parts of Anambra close to Aguleri don't even speak Igbo. That's where you're from and you know nothing about Igbo people.

What do you know about Awka and Nnewi?
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 11:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Some parts of Anambra close to Aguleri don't even speak Igbo. That's where you're from and you know nothing about Igbo people.

Here we go again pulling stuff from anywhere. Let's clear something out, firstly, there is no town in Anambra that doesn't speak Igbo language. Secondly, I am from Igwulube Okodu, Umuoji in Idenmili North and we are surrounded by Obosi, Nkpor, Ogidi, Oba, Ojoto, Abatete and Uke. So, next time when you open your mouth be very mindful about what you say here.

Next, I don't know everything about Awka and Nnewi but I what they sound like because I have them as family friends and business partners.

But my question is why are you obsessed with ỤMỤ ỌMANBALA?

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Chysler(m): 6:29am On Mar 08, 2017
Abagworo:

Mr. Man stop giving this guy undue audience... Can't you get it?? He is not an Igbo man not to talk of being from Anambra... All the things he is posting here about Anambra any average internet user can get that online... Hebis one of the malicious elements trolling online seeking the disunity of Ndiigbo... I have never for once hear the kind of rubbish he is posting here ... No sane Igbo man from any of the eastern states will say dis rubbish... Pls stop giving him undue audience to display his evil intents... They fear the unity of Ndiigbo Dts y they are doing all dis.. Believe me, many of them are being sponsored.... Allow him fizzle out like nonentity he is.. They will be watching as their evil swallows them up and snuff every life happiness out of them leaving them totally miserable and better off dead as igbos unite and achieve dt great thing they are afraid of... Just like we sing in songs back then... Anambra and IMO are umunne... Not just them Anambra, IMO, Enugu, Abia, ebonyi, ikwerre, etche, ndoni, ndokwa, ika, ukwuani, enuani, kwale etc..we are all brothers wether we agree or disagree...

Leave the guy let his wickedness consume him as the holy scripture said..."the wickedness of the wicked shall consume the wicked"

2 Likes

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 6:48am On Mar 08, 2017
Yes he from Omambala/Anambra focus on your useless and worthless Imo state, we have nothing in common with you and we shall never ever have anything in common with you lots.

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 6:53am On Mar 08, 2017
Stop spewing trash. Anambra has nothing in common with Imo state. Anambra doesn't even marry from Imo state. Stop paying lip-service online where the reality is different. Anambra people can flex Imo girls but can't marry them. Even when they forcefully married, the family of the man don't always accept the girl fully and doesn't usually end well. Anambra doesn't have anything in common with Imo state. Please respect that stance.

[s]
Chysler:

Mr. Man stop giving this guy undue audience... Can't you get it?? He is not an Igbo man not to talk of being from Anambra... All the things he is posting here about Anambra any average internet user can get that online... Hebis one of the malicious elements trolling online seeking the disunity of Ndiigbo... I have never for once hear the kind of rubbish he is posting here ... No sane Igbo man from any of the eastern states will say dis rubbish... Pls stop giving him undue audience to display his evil intents... They fear the unity of Ndiigbo Dts y they are doing all dis.. Believe me, many of them are being sponsored.... Allow him fizzle out like nonentity he is.. They will be watching as their evil swallows them up and snuff every life happiness out of them leaving them totally miserable and better off dead as igbos unite and achieve dt great thing they are afraid of... Just like we sing in songs back then... Anambra and IMO are umunne... Not just them Anambra, IMO, Enugu, Abia, ebonyi, ikwerre, etche, ndoni, ndokwa, ika, ukwuani, enuani, kwale etc..we are all brothers wether we agree or disagree...

Leave the guy let his wickedness consume him as the holy scripture said..."the wickedness of the wicked shall consume the wicked"
[/s]
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ruggedized1: 6:57am On Mar 08, 2017
Abagworo is a lowlife hopeless jobless old man who has a complex challenge. Is been over 5yrs he has been doing his best to attach his useless Imo state on Anambra. He should know that we have nothing in common with him and his worthless Imo state.

Chysler:

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gerg: 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
Chysler:

Why is the average Igbo man have this fear that someone somewhere is interested in destroying them? isn't this a psychotic trait? I've observed that most Igbos are Skeptics and cynics. why is it so?
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
A quote from Abagworo on Igala people thread. And this is to show you how retarded that dude is....lol. He thinks IMO and Abia are norther Igbo, the first time anybody is classifying them so. Even the early researchers never did.

"northern igbos are in present day anambra,enugu,ebonyi,imo and abia while southern igbos are in imo,abia,akwaibom,rivers and delta.the southern igbos might have migrated from the north but it is highly disputed as their oral traditions talk little about it.there is also the north-eastern igbos who have high mix of ibibio and other crossriver groups."
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by OMANBALA1: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
: Igala People: Identify Urself's by Abagworo(m): 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2010
udezue:

Never seen Anambra man of Igala extraction. Interesting
"igalas are indigenous to anambra local government in anambra state and are also descendants of eri or nri just like the northern igbos."

Quotes from Abagworo
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ehikwe22: 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
Where's sonya4life? See this people has turned your thread to something else. Did you abandon your thread?
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by oyatz(m): 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
They ALL want Ika peoples to accept being Igbo.
gerg:
Debating with you guys is pointless. It's funny how you all behave the same way.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by galax1: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2017
pls can sm1 help me do a proper write up in DAT popular ika song on mother ... I need to use it 4 smtin 4 my late mum ...it's urgent
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by gsk4reality: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hello,
Hello.. L-ONE Language Solution urgently needs the Service of an Ika native speaker.Hello.. L-ONE Language Solution urgently needs the Service of an Ika native speaker. Remuneration is very attractive.

Ika is a language spoken in Delta and Edo state.

If you speak the language or knows anyone who does please send a mail to gbenroadekunledavid@gmail.com or send a Whatsapp message to 08060178609

For more enquiries pls visit www.allafricanlanguages.com

If you speak the language or knows anyone who do please send a mail to gbenroadekunledavid@gmail.com or send a Whatsapp message to 08060178609

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ehikwe22: 4:36am On Sep 24, 2018
gsk4reality:
Hello,
Hello.. L-ONE Language Solution urgently needs the Service of an Ika native speaker.Hello.. L-ONE Language Solution urgently needs the Service of an Ika native speaker. Remuneration is very attractive.

If you speak the language or knows anyone who does please send a mail to gbenroadekunledavid@gmail.com or send a Whatsapp message to 08060178609

If you speak the language or knows anyone who do please send a mail to gbenroadekunledavid@gmail.com or send a Whatsapp message to 08060178609

what's it about?
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by urbantom: 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello. I would love to learn the Ika language. I’m an Ika man but cant speak the language but I understand most part of the language. Where do i learn it? Please I said Ika, not Igbo. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by goalernestman: 2:32am On Apr 10, 2019
oyatz:
They ALL want Ika peoples to accept being Igbo.

I see ikas defending their history why some igbo who was given birth to in 19th century is saying what they dont know, who can tell me the meaning of Osita Osadebe in igbo, but this have a meaning in benin.

ika is older than igbo infact Ika and igala give birth to igbo of today not the Hebrew scam history by kanu, am a benin boy but all time i have see real ika origin talking about their origin, they will always say they are from benin and not igbo, dien of agbor recently say this and even warn his people not to give igbo names to their children anymore, obi of aunicha claim they came from benin infarct it in wikipidia just google Asaba Agbor or anicha origin and it will all say it benin so it fact. so why are igbo killing their self because of this fact.

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by oyatz(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
What makes Ika names archaic and Igbo name lovely?

AndreUweh:
I wonder the kind of parents in this modern day world will call their children all this archaic names you listed here.
I might as well tell parents in my part of Igboland to name their children as follows: Woyokorouwa, Odingalomeghi,Ariawa, Acharaeke, Apiaka, Udumaga, Ariawa etc.
My guy, move on as Ika people have moved on. Now they give their kids lovely names such as
Nwachukwu, Ikechukwu, Ifeanyi, Chukwuka, Udoka, Chijindu, Ndubuisi, Chukwuma etc.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by morpheus24: 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
goalernestman:

I see ikas defending their history why some igbo who was given birth to in 19th century is saying what they dont know, who can tell me the meaning of Osita Osadebe in igbo, but this have a meaning in benin.

ika is older than igbo infact Ika and igala give birth to igbo of today not the Hebrew scam history by kanu, am a benin boy but all time i have see real ika origin talking about their origin, they will always say they are from benin and not igbo, dien of agbor recently say this and even warn his people not to give igbo names to their children anymore, obi of aunicha claim they came from benin infarct it in wikipidia just google Asaba Agbor or anicha origin and it will all say it benin so it fact. so why are igbo killing their self because of this fact.

Any professional linguist who studies language patterns will laugh at the bolded part above. If you reverse engineer the Ika language you will simply see it's foundations are rooted in a common proto- language as those spoken by the so called collective group known as IGBO people with the ika dialect heavily impressed by a language of benin extract.

Self determination should not be rooted in false premises and lies. You can self determine as IKA but you cannot disconnect your common ancestral ties to the the people collectively called IGBO. They are far more closely related to you than a Yoruba, Efik, Hausa or Fulani man.

Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by goalernestman: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
morpheus24:

Any professional linguist who studies language patterns will laugh at the bolded part above. If you reverse engineer the Ika language you will simply see it's foundations are rooted in a common proto- language as those spoken by the so called collective group known as IGBO people with the ika dialect heavily impressed by a language of benin extract.

Self determination should not be rooted in false premises and lies. You can self determine as IKA but you cannot disconnect your common ancestral ties to the the people collectively called IGBO. They are far more closely related to you than a Yoruba, Efik, Hausa or Fulani man.

Shikena!

Yes that truth because I have research that all igbo king with the title obi are prince and chef of Benin kingdom

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DOXZ9rJVIMh4&ved=2ahUKEwiV84yagMbhAhX7UxUIHUTIDwoQwqsBMBB6BAgHEAU&usg=AOvVaw3ApzXS-93AD-hiCC-MW9-i

The king of isele uku says were his people came from in the link above
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by morpheus24: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
goalernestman:

Yes that truth because I have research that all igbo king with the title obi are prince and chef of Benin kingdom

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DOXZ9rJVIMh4&ved=2ahUKEwiV84yagMbhAhX7UxUIHUTIDwoQwqsBMBB6BAgHEAU&usg=AOvVaw3ApzXS-93AD-hiCC-MW9-i

The king of isele uku says were his people came from in the link above

I could care less were a King alludes to the origins of his people, not that it does not bear any validation to the narrative origins of a people only that it is subordinate to the evidence using linguistic or genetic inference. Its that simple.

Case in point in southern Africa the Ndebele and the Zulu are two distinct ethnic groups who culturally and nationally are identified as two different ethnic groups with varying origin stories and folktales. The language spoken by these two groups though dis-similar have the same originating "founder" population_in other words their language comes from a proto-language knowns as Nguni. They do not speak this proto language any longer however the two "variations" or "dialects" that have formed through time are undoubtedly from the same source population alluding to the fact that they are closely related to each other in the distant past more so than they are to other surrounding groups

Keep in mind that these two groups absorbed other smaller clans and groups and incorporated certain elements of these languages into their main language i.e. the existence of the click sound in southern African languages.

Two groups of people are able to merge into one group but linguistically one may prove the dominant language used when you reverse engineer; alluding to the probability that this dominant group were the main founders of that population that emerge out of the Union both in cultural practice, linguistically and most likely genetically.

This argument does not want to speak truth to it and keeps dancing around the obvious. An ethnic identity is fluid and subjective. An Ika person can self determine as IKa however he cannot and should not lie about his obvious origins. the evidence is there to analysis if one is serious about being strictly "objective' about the subject matter.

Self detemination should not be rooted in false premises and lies that cannot be backed up by factual evidence.

Shikena!

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
urbantom:
Hello. I would love to learn the Ika language. I’m an Ika man but cant speak the language but I understand most part of the language. Where do i learn it? Please I said Ika, not Igbo. Thanks.
you don't visit hom
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2019
gsk4reality:
Hello,

I speak the language
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by urbantom: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2019
Ndi Ika, Nani unu ri? Daaru ni.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video) / Masquerade Wearing Lord’s Chosen Church’s Overalls in Anambra State / 10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.