Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,581 members, 7,801,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 (32722 Views)

The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower / Prophet T.B Joshua: Coronavirus Will End On 27th March, 2020 (Video) / Numerologist Claims World Will End September 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by eodiac(m): 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
firstolalekan:
If I'd believe in reference to a book, IT'S DEFINITELY NOT THE BIBLE.
That book is one of the most ridiculous religious book I have ever read.

Filled with so much errors, Senselessness and contradictions.

The same book that does not even know the shape of earth?

Same book that said that the earth is FLAT LIKE A DISC and the center of the universe?

Complete nonsense!
why are u so daft,do u know there is no book like d Bible
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
good one... let see how buhari will kill unarmed civilian
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by donefezy: 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Pyramid of Giza creating fear since time been. I still want to know who built it
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
scientistiii

Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by menwongo(m): 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
firstolalekan:

The Bible makes it clear that stars are tiny objects in the sky that will fall down when Jesus comes back:

Revelation 8:10
And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

According to the Genesis creation myth, the Earth was formed before the Sun. Aside from bio-mechanical problems, this flatly contradicts the nebular hypothesis of stellar formation, in which planets form in the accretion disk created by a young star.

It should be noted, however, that when the Sun, moon, and stars are introduced in Genesis 1:16, they are said to be "made", which, in the original Hebrew language, is different from the word "create" used in Genesis 1:1. If this is the case, then it could be argued that the Sun and moon were created in 1:1 as part of the collective "heavens" (compare, for example, the summary given in Genesis 2:4), and only in Genesis 1:16 (day 4 in the creative period) are they fully visible from Earth's surface.

The creation of the sun, moon, and stars on day four is meant to be a theological point, rather than a scientific one. As other cultures worshiped the sun and moon and divined by the stars (astrology), the Hebrew authors are making the point that none of them is the source of the light, but rather merely reflectors of the light (as lamps) whose ultimate origin is in their God. The creation myth also uses poetic parallelism to narrate the story: Day 1 and Day 4 are paired (light; sun, moon, stars), Day 2 and Day 5 (seas and dry land; fish and fowl), Day 3 and Day 6 (plants of the earth; beasts of the earth and humanity). Furthermore, given the similarity of this narrative to the creation myth of the Babylonians, whose god Marduk creates the cosmos by slaying his sea-serpent mother Tiamat, the Hebrew presentation of God creating over the deep (Hebrew: "tehom"wink by means other than violence and declaring the creation to be "good" is a rebuke to the Babylonian myth. The abundance of literary and theological devices in the narrative make it clear that the text is not attempting to be a scientific account of the origin of the world, but a theological declaration of the goodness of the creation as against competing religious systems (Canaanite, Babylonian, etc.).
Some fundamentalists argue that the Bible predicted the rotation of the Earth.

Instead, the Bible implies that the sun moves around the Earth, rather than the Earth rotating. Ecclesiastes 1:5 shows a geocentric world view.

The confusion is in your end.
When we point out mistakes, you tell it was written by mortal so Blablabla...
When you are short of words, you tell us to seek spiritual interpretations.

"Ecclesiastes 1:5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose."
This verse portrays NOTHING LAST FOREVER, its actually talking about morning when the sun arises and evening when it sets.
Have not seen where its written that the sun rotates!
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by riyanxeally(f): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
until I marry the world wont end...cacoon embedded in discordiasoriasis
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
yea yea, bullocks, baba tink say hin dey act movie script with his foolish predictions
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by visijo(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
HenryDion:

23rd is my birthday too.. Lots of videos on YouTube have been making this shitt look so real, like it's certain whereas it's just a lame assumption. 23rd September is a day of unique universal alignment, but that doesn't mean the world will end. The world will end, maybe in millions of years to come. Definitely not on 23rd Sept.

Happy Birthday to you and I in ... advance grin grin
... I wish you the same bro... No shaking on that day.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by visijo(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2017
leocollins:

u never even enter uniuyo you don dy talk of fallacy,no worry wen u enter na philosophy and human existence go finish you.even that fallacy you no go fit talk am,lol.goodluck bro,wish u success.#tuskerrepublic
. Lol bro... Are you a student there?
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Lilimax(f): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2017
ivolt:
Christians and absurdities
Meaning what Nwa nnunu nta a? undecided
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
If this was coming from an Astronomist with access to high tech telescopes it would be believable BUT this is crap!
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Hajardramadan(m): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
if I no die, come kill me na.....mitcheeeew
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by firstolalekan(m): 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2017
eodiac:
why are u so daft,do u know there is no book like d Bible
You're such morọ́n
A Senseless one for that matter.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by firstolalekan(m): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
PHPRad:

Back your points with verses from the Bible. Don't come here and spill fallacy.
The sun and the moon are mentioned in the Bible. Why wouldn't they be? After all they are these two huge things in the sky every day. Every society has mention of them in their writings, just as every religious text. Some people thought they were gods, others thought they influenced luck and so on. Even today some people won't go out when there's a full moon.

Today we know that they sun is a massive fireball which provides the earth with light and heat... not to mention is a requirement for life on Earth. The moon on the other hand is just another chunk of dirt and rock that floats in space, it just happens to revolve around our little planet. It does effect some things here on Earth, like the tide. The only reason we see it every night is because it reflects light from the sun.

The Bible doesn't always reflect the truth about the sun and moon.

In Genesis 1:16 says "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also." According to this, the moon is a light source just like the sun, only not as bright. If this was the case, we couldn't land on the moon, it would be too hot. It is also strange that it took God the day to make the sun and the moon, but the stars are portrayed as an afterthought of sorts. "He made the stars also", this is a definite sign that the Bible is inspired by man. It is clear that man could not have perceived that the stars were the same as the sun, but in most cases much larger. Naturally they thought that these specks were just thrown about. The verse should read "God created the stars and planetary objects, he also made the earth, sun, and moon". But man, in those days, would have never seen it that way.

Isaiah 13:10 also says that the moon is a source of light. "moon shall not cause her light to shine." Again this is another example of the Bible seeming to be inspired by man and limited to his own perception.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by malvisguy212: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
firstolalekan:

Same book that said that the earth is FLAT LIKE A DISC and the center of the universe?

Complete nonsense!
you need serious bible lesson.

@op. Christ first coming, no one know, but they were expecting a Virgin to give birth to the king of kings, as such, they expect the lady to come from a high class family together with her husband, but no, they are peasant , the wife of a carpenter, in fact there was no room for the child to be born........ people were not expecting the first coming to be in this manner, they were caught unaware. this is how the second coming of Christ will be. if the world did not end as predicted by this scientists, your world or mine may end now, latter or tomorrow, what next ? Read here.
https://www.nairaland.com/1853536/end-days-end-harvest

1 Like

Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by castiello(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
The world is not ending September 23 but there will be a great sign in the heaven when all the planet will be on a straight line just like when Jesus was born revelation make us to understand that when we see this sign again the end is near for the antichrist era will begin this is a warning for believers to prepare for rapture

1 Like

Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by tuna4servi(m): 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
Abeg make I collect my salary that day first biko na my pay day be that
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by ivolt: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
Lilimax:
Meaning what Nwa nnunu nta a? undecided

Please translate.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by delors(m): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
So I met a 50-year old Guyanese around July and they man was all fired up about the world coming to an end on September 23rd. So I asked him where he would be on the day. He said he would travel to Florida. I asked about that he said Florida is the last place to vanish so he 'll be among the last to go. I laughed in Spanish. The same was said last year...and the year before...and the year before that...we are still here. Fortunately September 23 is my birthday.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Juliusdking(m): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
So I won't watch Chelsea-Atletico Madrid
bros u no well oo you go watch for haeven

1 Like

Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Juliusdking:
bros u no well oo you go watch for haeven
Beside you grin
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by leofab(f): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
Unintelligent people everywhere. He meant the era of believing and faith will officially end and the new era of knowing will begin officially.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Lilcentt(f): 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
Richirich713:
I think he should go back and read the bible again.
I am thinking the Bible has mistakenly drop a clue o. all this mathematician do calculate am lol
but surely a planet will colide with earth if end time no happen within go happen? I am just thinking though
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by zeedof(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
I should have collect my salary by then.... It's ok.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by menwongo(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
malvisguy212:
you need serious bible lesson.

@op. Christ first coming, no one know, but they were expecting a Virgin to give birth to the king of kings, as such, they expect the lady to come from a high class family together with her husband, but no, they are peasant , the wife of a carpenter, in fact there was no room for the child to be born........ people were not expecting the first coming to be in this manner, they were caught unaware. this is how the second coming of Christ will be. if the world did not end as predicted by this scientists, your world or mine may end now, latter or tomorrow, what next ? Read here.
https://www.nairaland.com/1853536/end-days-end-harvest
Don't mind the guy, he claims to be knowledgeable not knowing his not
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Lilcentt(f): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
Phonefanatic:
I don't believe the world will end but last night I has a very strange dreams of Heavy Earthquake swallowing houses and big trucks, lands are sliding and opening up......... Not sure the kind of dream that was but it looks scary. Natural disaster may just be around the corner.
bro I had that very strange dream 5 days ago
mine was volcano eruption and earthquake
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by leocollins(m): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
visijo:
. Lol bro... Are you a student there?
yea bro,am a student there..
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by bahaushe1: 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
The end is surely near but certainly not September 23rd 2017.

The world will end on a Friday.

The false Messiah has not appeared.

Prophet Jesus (alayhis-salaam) has not descended.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Davindal(m): 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
The mad is damn stupid. Isn't the scripture that said that no one knows when the time will be, and not even the son of man(Jesus Christ) knows.

So what is the mad man talking about? Well, he is just exercising his foolishness.
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by uvalued(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Richirich713:
I think he should go back and read the bible again.
putting giza signs makes it suspect..
me i never do like Jesus yet talkless of more than Him ...this world cannot just end...i have to unveil all i have in me...says the Lord
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
IamRaizo:
A Christian numerologist, David Meade has predicted that the world will end on September 23, 2017.

He said this would occur as another planet is set to collide with the earth, British newspaper, The Sun reported.

Meade, who made the claim said that strange things were now happening in the world which were predicted in the past as signs of the end time.

Meade said verses in Luke 21: 25 to 26 is the sign that recent events, such as the recent solar eclipse and Hurricane Harvey, are signs of the apocalypse.

The verses read: “25: There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

[b]26: Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.’

“September 23 is a date that was pinpointed using codes from the Bible, as well as a “date marker” in the pyramids of Giza in Egypt”, he said.

Meade has built his theory, which is viewed with a widely skeptical lens, on the so-called Planet X, which is also known as Nibiru, which he believes will pass Earth on September 23, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/16/numerologist-claims-world-will-end-september-23/
I would come back sep 24 to tell you that this isn't real.
Because the bible foretold that No One knows the Time and hour that the End would come, even Jesus does not know. It depends on God himself. And no man is as wise as God. I rest my Case
Re: David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 by overboard(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
firstolalekan:

Complete nonsense!

My brother, don't be too quick on your thoughts on that book and yes, even on the shape of the Earth.

All I can say is that there is heavy likelihood that things aren't as they've always seemed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo / 'Pray For Buhari Not To Die In Power' - Did TB Joshua Really Say That? / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Smoke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.