Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv (4765 Views)

Dstv/Gotv/Startimes Cabletv Subscription @ Zero Convenience Charge. / Dstv & Gotv Updates (new Decoder Prices & Monthly Subscriptions) / DSTV, GOTV AND STAR TIMES SUBSCRIPTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv by morereb10: 8:13am On Sep 17, 2017
MultiChoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-Per-View Pricing Model For DSTV/Gotv Subscribers

The issue of adopting the pay-per-view model against the usual monthly subscription model which is obtainable in Nigeria has been a subject of discourse for a while now. For some people, the wait is over while for some people, the injustice is over.

Most of the DStv/GOtv subscribers are complaining bitterly about the price reap-off of this current subscription regime and consider it as a cheat and believes that we should only pay for what we consume.

Finally, Multichoice Nigeria has announced it would be launching a Pay-Per-View (PPV) option in the country. The company says this would allow subscribers watch some important programms not available on their bouquet. Though, at an extra cost to the willing consumers.

According to the HPR, “Pay TV operation is not like the telecom version where you pay for the amount of airtime you want to use. Pay-as-you-go, as believed by some customers, is not obtainable in the pay TV business,”

“Paying for PPV in Europe and the UK is equivalent to paying for two months subscription in Nigeria. We know Africans love boxing that is why we are bringing the best thing that is happening in the world to Africa.”

Many subscribers of Multichoice Nigeria's pay-TV service are currently having issues with the company on its fixed subscription regime.

Some of the company’s pay-TV subscribers state that Multichoice should extend the pricing model to over all its bouquets. Consumers say the current pricing regime is unfair and waste of resources as they usually don’t get the value for their money.

One subscriber lamented bitterly, saying:

“Having a pay-per-view could be a good alternative, as to me the current subscription regime is a cheat on me. Initially, I used to do the full bouquet like N13000 ($42.5) and then I just thought I was wasting money and reduced it to around N3000 ($9.cool. What I really watch on the DStv is the E!,” said Ms. Olamide, a DStv subscriber.

Another Explorer subscriber of the DStv pay-TV states that: “The current regime is a reap-off on subscribers as we should only pay for what we consume.”

“I feel the PPV thing should work. I suggest this should be based on option as there many channels and for the explorer package where they record some of the best movies for you to watch. Then, how would do this as it would also affect them.”

This might be a good development as there is no sufficient electricity to enjoy the value of your monthly Pay TV subscription.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/09/multichoice-nigeria-finally-introduces.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 obinoscopy

1 Share

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv by thesicilian: 8:13am On Sep 17, 2017
Gone are the days when Nigerians would just take anything you give them hook, line and sinker. Now they ask questions, they protest, they query the status quo. Multi choice has now seen that they can't deceive us for long. I bet they have lost so many subscribers that's why they are caving in.
Let's watch and see what this their new PPV pricing will look like.
Still waiting for a formidable competition to break the DSTV monopoly.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv by PROPUNTER(m): 8:14am On Sep 17, 2017
Useless Multi Choice this service i have enjoyed in Southafrica Long Ago , what took them Long to introduce it here.
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv by bamite(m): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2017
Good development
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv by sarrki(m): 8:17am On Sep 17, 2017
Nice one

But Dstv customers l services and online services are poor
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv by torres89: 8:21am On Sep 17, 2017
no bouquet plan yet
and Nigerians are celebrating
Re: Multichoice Nigeria Finally Introduces Pay-per-view Pricing Model For Dstv/gotv by dagok(f): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2017
From two seasons ago they lost the French Ligue 1, lost the Germany Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, the Brazilian league.

One would wish they Compensated all these lost with a reduction in subscription fees but No. Infact they have biannually kept increasing their fee despite the lost of these contents acting under the guise of still having the UEFA Champions League and English Premier League, LALIGA games(just Barcelona and Real Madrid appeals there) to show off with.

Backed by the little watched Europa league all thanks to Chelsea and Manchester United who have graced there recently and now Arsenal.

The FA Cup there again they will say they have it.

Dstv Don jonzi again.

Despite the fact that we cant even watch European qualifiers for World Cup again and lost some FIFA tournament to rival Pay TV.

This season again, they have recorded another low losing the right to show the mid week League Cup popularly know as Carling Cup but now Carabao to another but new Pay TV platform Kwese Sports is a big disappointment and scam of the highest order without any apologies to the their esteem customers.

So no league Cup on dstv this coming mid week but only a Kwese Sports.

Subscribers to their Compact Plus packages cant even see all Champions League games again like last season and even the dedicated collective package for sport has made life difficult for viewing centre owners with their strict rules yet logistics and matches scheduling failure.

Yet their fee kept increasing.

Dstv is fraud.
Take it to the bank.

Who will save us

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

*~ Gadotor Voted The Satellite Poster Guru Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations! / Panasonic 32" Full HD Tv For Sale / Decommissioning/installing Of Micro Wave Antenna.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.