Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

My Confusion About The Briafran Movement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Confusion About The Briafran Movement (446 Views)

Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos / Confusion In Kano As APC, PDP Embark On Victory Celebration / Nigeria Government In Confusion About Nnamdi Kanu, Calling Nations For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Confusion About The Briafran Movement by aldexrio(m): 8:39am On Sep 17, 2017
My greatest confusion is the reason for the persistent hate on briafrans by people from other regions of Nigeria. They are not trying to take away your land or any of your other possessions but they are seen as traitors simply because they are agitating for autonomy of their own state/region. What wrong have they done? They are called thieves, fraudsters, drug peddlers etc but still won't be allowed to leave the union. I thought if they are considered to be evil it will hasten their exit from Nigeria. But no Nigerian still want them and won't let them go.
I'm from south south and I support their movement.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About The Briafran Movement by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 17, 2017
all ye kids agitating for war......
pls read more of history.
Re: My Confusion About The Briafran Movement by attackgat: 8:49am On Sep 17, 2017
aldexrio:
My greatest confusion is the reason for the persistent hate on briafrans by people from other regions of Nigeria. They are not trying to take away your land or any of your other possessions but they are seen as traitors simply because they are agitating for autonomy of their own state/region. What wrong have they done? They are called thieves, fraudsters, drug peddlers etc but still won't be allowed to leave the union. I thought if they are considered to be evil it will hasten their exit from Nigeria. But no Nigerian still want them and won't let them go.
I'm from south south and I support their movement.

Nigeria was never about loving one another and treating each other as equals. It was always about subjugating people and exploiting them.

That was what Ojukwu saw and fought for 3 years to get his people out of it.

The country is basically a slave/master thing. A section feels they are the masters and the rest are slaves.

It is not a country to be proud of and my prayers are that my fellow Igbos will one day have theur own independent nation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Count” / Lagos Opens Nigerian’s First DNA Forensic Lab / Former Kano State Governor Shekarau Mocks President Buhari, Brands Change Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.