Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (47412 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2017
Treasuredlove:
yeah I know we get really angry and I am not saying he doesn't get angry, but to the point of hitting? I mean...nah. The kind of episode the op witnessed just doesn't happen, it evolves over time. People should be emotionally mature for marriage...its not just a fad its a learning ground. I can bet you both of them were all lovey dovey and I heart you before and a few days, weeks or months, even years after they got married. Something started this episode whixh none of us o. This platform is aware of and how we deal with foundational issues matter a lot in the growth of a matriage
when you are both angry, do you publicly calling him a pig. do you callhis joystick non functional in public. should your issues evolve to something similar. will you call your husband a pig? will you?codemn a woman that is ill cultured first , then condemn a man that hit her next.

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:

When you marry _do what works for you and bear the consequences (good or bad).
when you know people are free to do what works for them and can bear the consequence. why come condemn what they are doing or come with your redundant posts. you are just confused allowing your sentiments making you sound silly. condemn what is wrong on both parties and not see every post as that against women
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF4I2mCofZc?list=PLjmCRMb9UVVkS1yYJ570WdMWPa6gd64jh

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by explicite(m): 11:07am On Sep 18, 2017
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by explicite(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:

I read tru all your comments and contributions... and ... I just want to ask,
1. In your own opinion, what do u think the husband in the OP's story should ve done?
2. You ve experienced spousal verbal abuse 1st hand, compare how u felt all those times to what this guy should be feeling after being insulted by his own wife in front of his neighbors and tell us how you would have handled it differently.

let's learn from you. .
thanks
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Luisema4luv(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:

I knew they'll come for me and I maintain my stand. Nigerian couples don't like to hear diplomacy. They don't like to hear one person would sometimes have to play a fool. How often you play a fool will tell if that marriage is healthy of not. I never supported the woman, but in a situation where one party errs _is the next thing violence? I guess my self-control meter is high, because looking back, my husband wonders how he got away with somethings he said.

Marriages will keep on failing with this do-me-i-do-you mentality. They marry for the wrong reasons, and still use the wrong techniques. Lord help this generation of couples.

Re u saying ur husband will walkway wen u talk about his manhood d way dat woman did nd even after resisting temptation u ll still lock him out?, wen u ans dis questions den u ll understand dat ego is a big factor among men nd he come b say na 4 him yard...... HABA

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Luisema4luv(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2017
Treasuredlove:
sorry to disillusion you, my husband has faced stuff like that cos he was raised among women but he never hit them....besides ours can't degenerate to that because of the kind of maturity and respect for himself he has portrayed with dealing with our issues so my respect for him stands. There is no justification for hitting a woman. Be the bigger one....walk away

Nne pls wat happened to una gender equality, simply learn to keep ur mouth shut if u knw it will warant provocation in a marriage nd watch hw d world will b a beta place. Nobody needs to claim bigger anytin

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by magicfingers009: 11:59am On Sep 18, 2017
tosyne2much:
I have also seen a case when a woman in my street broke a dish (plate) on the husband's head during a quarrel and the man was rushed to the hospital. The funniest was that this woman was not remorseful at all as she kept saying she would do more than that
You can imagine. Some feminist would still blame the man. Y did he bend his head? Why didn't he run? Why didn't he eat fufu when growing so that ordinary plate wouldn't be able to break his head? I thought he was a man?

Women are always quick to cry victim.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tosyne2much(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
magicfingers009:

You can imagine. Some feminist would still blame the man. Y did he bend his head? Why didn't he run? Why didn't he eat fufu when growing so that ordinary plate wouldn't be able to break his head? I thought he was a man?

Women are always quick to cry victim.
I'm also surprised some ladies are still castigating the man undecided

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by PeacenLove2: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
majekdom2:
why hasn't the woman walked away ? Why has it got to be a man first? Why hasn't the woman walked away so she won't have to be ambushed because she called him a pig. Why would a woman who called her husband a pig in the morning even go to church. It shows why Nigeria is what it is today. Hypocrisy

Well different strokes for different folks. We are all different, even couples and we manage stress differently. When we see what's bad, we should condemn it. While we can understand it, we should never condone it.

The wife is absolutely wrong to insult anybody let alone her husband. If they were having issues, even if the man is a pig, she is telling the world she is Mrs. Pig. The joke is on her! The man because his wife insulted him, locked him out of the house (we are not sure who's paying for), thinks he has the right to beat his wife up! That's way off! I wonder if he gets off the bus and fight with conductors who insult him. It's not a contest, a man will kill a woman easily, sometimes only a push. That's how evil thrives, it always takes two to tango. You don't beat a woman because she insulted you. You are her husband, not her daddy. If a man is as uncultured as the wife, let him insult her back. We keep getting remarks like, wives should respect her husband. Whatever happens to mutual respect? Whatever happens to self respect? No self-respecting person reduces himself to a wife beater. Let's just marry well and work towards human progress.

If you have a wife that's troublesome or you two aren't getting along, and there's exchange that aren't resolved at once, then it's time to put your options on the table. Let's talk peace in the house, let's talk reconciliation and if that cannot be achieved, then it may be time for separation. Like I said, better separate before you kill. To avoid this terrible thing divorce, know your partners well enough, know your thresholds, your values and ideals before you propose marriage. If they don't match, there will be problems. There is a lot of work to be done but the problem leans more towards the other side but not without the help of the other side. grin
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Pojomojo: 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
wink wink wink
dicefrost:

I totally disagree with you. If there is no justification for a man hitting a woman, then there is no justification for a woman to verbally abuse a man. If he continues to walk away from the insult, it ll only be eating him up inside. I find it offensive that you tactfully excused the woman's madness and blame the man for not walking away. You are in effect saying that men should continuously endure domestic abuse because they are physically stronger? You think that a woman's words do not do emotional harm? Is it just the man who should be understanding and reasonable? Should the woman not learn to respect her head?
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by joe4christ(m): 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
[img][/img]
Afam4eva:
I have always maintained that women should not dish out what they don't want in return from men. Anyone woman that hits a man deserves same in return. The only grey area i see here is the juxtaposition between verbal and physical abuse. For instance, by popular wisdom, it's okaw for a woman to thoroughly and consistent verbally accuse her husband but not okay for a man to use his physical advantage because the latter can produce physical injuries while the former will not. I think emotional abuse is as bad or even worse than physical abuse. Some men's self esteem have left them and is currently chilling somewhere around Onitsha and we think it's okay? What is good is good for the gooose is good for the gander and i think a law should be passed to protect men that are being abused verbally.

That's not to say that we don't have inherently evil men who take out frustrations on their wives for no tangible reason. So, every issue of domestic violence should be judged based on it's merits.

You kept contradicting yourself. Are u stable at all
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Pojomojo: 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
I THINK THE MANBSLAPPED THE TASTE OUT OF HER TONGUE...................................MY OWN NEIGHBOR HAS AVERY BAD MOUHT
dicefrost:
Usually, when I read tales of domestic violence, especially when i see a woman battered and bruised, i am quick to feel pity for her, and by default blame the man for being an 'animal'. I hate wife beaters with all my heart. But today's experience actually changed my view.

It started around 7a.m this sunday morning. My neighbor whose flat directly faces mine was washing his vehicle outside. I have never known him to be a violent man. He and his wife always argue and quarrel, but it has never been in the open. Just raised voices and exchanging unkind words. His wife walked in through the gate leading to the compound. As soon as she saw her husband, she started screaming, 'dirty man' 'pig' and some other obscenity in their local dialect. He was scolding the man for not wearing a slippers outdoors. He walking on water barefooted. The man told her to keep quiet and get him a slippers to put on. She continued on top of her voice. She insulted daylight out of the man. There was nothing this woman did not say, from the size of the man's joystick to the number of minutes he stays in the bedroom. Out of anger, the man poured the remaining water he was using to wash the car on her. She ran at him and gripped him by the collar almost choking him. At that point, myself and other neighbors who have been watching ran out to put an end to the fracas before it got out of hand. It took alot of pleading before she eventually let go and went inside. The man just stood there, i could tell that he was really embarrassed by the things his wife said. We advised him to be a man 'you know say na so women be na'.

Not up to 10 minutes later, the man started banging on the door to the house. His wife refused to let him in. She insisted that he must go and wash his feet thoroughly before entering the house, but there was no water outside anymore. The man shouted at her to bring water for him to wash up, but she kept insisting that there would have been water if he hadn't poured it on her. A shouting match ensued again, this woman continued her verbal assault. At about an hour later, when it was time to go to church, she came out all dressed, not knowing that her husband was around the corner. He came from nowhere and landed a slap on her cheeks. She swung her bag at him, and a piece of metal from the bag cut his Jaw. This man descended on his wife with series of slaps. She fought back violently. All the while i was observing through my window. She dipped her hand into the man's eye, and punched him several times. The man seemed to lose it completely and aimed a blow directly at her jaw. The woman screamed, next thing i saw was blood oozing out of her mouth. I ran out of my own apartment to calm things down. Behold she had lost two teeth. When we all came to separate them, the woman started wailing uncontrollably, saying that her husband has killed her. With the blood in her mouth and everything nobody even spared a thought for the man. I could see finger nail marks all over his face. His jaw was a bit swollen too.

I personally drove the woman to a nearby health center so they could clean her up. As we entered, we were greeted with questions 'wetin happen?' 'na accident'? She started crying and narrating how her husband wanted to kill her this morning because she insisted that 'he must wash his dirty legs before entering the house'. The Nurses there started berating men in general, with each person narrating different experiences of domestic violence they had encountered. They were all full of sympathy for her. It was the general assumption that the she married a devil as husband. I just sat there listening to them demonizing men and wondering. The husband even called me while at the health center to know if it was serious. He sounded really worried. He wanted to drive down to meet us. I just discouraged him from coming, because his wife has already made him out to be a devil here.

Whenever the story of domestic violence is told, it is only narrated from the woman's perspective. We often see her in tears, with bruises all over. She plays the victim, because she is the one that usually ends up with bruises, even if she may have delivered the first punch. We hardly hear the man's side of the story, we don't perceive his emotion, he hardly has any physical scars from the encounter, so we assume he wasn't hurt. He is always the violent one, because he won't let you know that a woman's words broke him, he won't gather a crowd a to tell his story.

I'm totally against domestic violence, whether physical or verbal. I believe two people who claim to love each other should be able to settle issues amicably with resorting to abusive language and physical confrontation. If your differences are irreconcilable, then end the damn marriage and let everyone go in peace. I think the real beast is the man that will descend on a woman at the smallest provocation. But as a woman, If you instigate a physical confrontation, either by words or action, make sure you win the fight that ensues.

Next time i read or hear about domestic violence, with a picture of a battered and bruised woman, i won't jump into the 'Men are beasts' wagon, not untill i know the full story.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
PeacenLove2:

Well different strokes for different folks. We are all different, even couples and we manage stress differently. When we see what's bad, we should condemn it. While we can understand it, we should never condone it.

The wife is absolutely wrong to insult anybody let alone her husband. If they were having issues, even if the man is a pig, she is telling the world she is Mrs. Pig. The joke is on her! The man because his wife insulted him, locked him out of the house (we are not sure who's paying for), thinks he has the right to beat his wife up! That's way off! I wonder if he gets off the bus and fight with conductors who insult him. It's not a contest, a man will kill a woman easily, sometimes only a push. That's how evil thrives, it always takes two to tango. You don't beat a woman because she insulted you. You are her husband, not her daddy. If a man is as uncultured as the wife, let him insult her back. We keep getting remarks like, wives should respect her husband. Whatever happens to mutual respect? Whatever happens to self respect? No self-respecting person reduces himself to a wife beater. Let's just marry well and work towards human progress.

If you have a wife that's troublesome or you two aren't getting along, and there's exchange that aren't resolved at once, then it's time to put your options on the table. Let's talk peace in the house, let's talk reconciliation and if that cannot be achieved, then it may be time for separation. Like I said, better separate before you kill. To avoid this terrible thing divorce, know your partners well enough, know your thresholds, your values and ideals before you propose marriage. If they don't match, there will be problems. There is a lot of work to be done but the problem leans more towards the other side but not without the help of the other side. grin
actually, we are saying the same things but in different ways. No one says hitting a woman should be condone neither did I say a woman should not be respected. If you check clearly, you will find that the post I mentioned are one that just come clearly for the man without condemning the woman. You see such post come like there is nothing a woman does... which means th woman is justified. Or you see post like it is all about women when clearly, it's about both parties. I ll give a perfect illustration to buttress my point. As kids, when my elder one hits me and I run to my mum. She calls both of us and ask what happened. When my elder one says I insulted him first. She scolds me first and then scolds my brother a little in my presence and when she thinks I am gone, she scolds him more and talk to him. Meaning, she expect the elder one not to hit me but that's not to say she supported me insulting my elder ones. Growing up this way made me understand so many things. 1. That insults provoke people especially when made public. 2. We are humans and can always make mistakes, we pray to be perfect. The bible even states clearly. Do not provoke your neighbour, the same bible says do not be quick to b angry. So when you look at it clearly.. there is a limit before some people can manage their anger, some can't even at all. For a man like me, once I see that the fault is mine, I say sorry almost the next hour whereas I have been with a lady who never realises her mistakes unless we both have sleepless nights and go through some pains. I kept asking myself, for how long. Relationships is about maturity, patience and tolerance. There are people whose bosses throw shits worst than what their partners throw at them at work place but they still maintain their decorum because they fear to loose their job. Will this lady call her boss in the office a pig. Won't she be arrested and locked up. If the man was a typical Nigeria soldier and she is asked to frog jump in mudwater, will you blame the man. After all, she has not been hit or Is that punishment DV. See for me, I judge you by what you can do to your spouse publicly. No matter how much your spouse has offended you, public scenes are to be avoided at all cost. Any lady that does it should not even be advised or pitied. Forget that Mrs pig talk. Only a few people are this intelligent to know fights are only an embarrassment to the both of them.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Pojomojo: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
See bae wey dey talk sense
nikkyshyne:
@evaberry easier said to walk away. Men are humans with blood running thru their veins and can get physical when pushed to the wall. They are known to have ego. Woe betide the person who tries to tarnish that image. Bottom line, it only takes the grace of God.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
explicite:

I read tru all your comments and contributions... and ... I just want to ask,
1. In your own opinion, what do u think the husband in the OP's story should ve done?
2. You ve experienced spousal verbal abuse 1st hand, compare how u felt all those times to what this guy should be feeling afin front of his neighbors and tell us how you would have handled it differently.

let's learn from you. .
thanks
Thanks for being civil.
Just what I did, ignore and talk when tempers are calm. This I started right from time, not when we have both degenerated into mad people. We didn't degenerate into mad people, because I stopped indulging him. If I had indulged him like this woman's husband, we would have gotten to the point they are.

This two people are intolerant and none is ready to play the fool. I know how this works in marriage. It's different from the epistle some people are typing about. If you follow that story, you would have seen the point where this all would have ended, but EGO got in the way. That EGO is what's killing marriages today. At that point she locked him out, following actions set the ball rolling. I would have simply thanked you for opening the door and enter.

How I felt? I felt bad, I felt like dishing out one or two slaps _but I thought of its consequences and refrained. I remembered he isn't bad, he just doesn't know how to keep his expressions in check when angry.

I understand we all can't be the same, you all should do what works for you. People are different _thus Marriages are different, but there are things every marriage needs, wisdom and tolerance.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by freshvine(f): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
Treasuredlove:
your point about murder and self defence doesn't stand. In self defence, a person's life is being threatened and there is no escape hence the killing, but in a relationship like what the op stated, there are loads of choices....walk away, ignore, divorce etc to name a few. There is no justification for hitting the woman. The op said the main was waiting at a corner to ambush her on her way to church. He was waiting....while waiting...he had a lot of choices to choose from

He was locked out of his own house. Guess his rage was building up cos of the unending embarrassment

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ngwanu Op dicefrost, how far the man and woman now? Give us what went down after her clinic session. I see that marriage over because for her to over talk her mouth and for her husband to subtract two of her teeth means one of them can kill each other, something just need to trigger it. The marriage should be over by now.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by segunotiti(m): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned.

We are all human, if this happens daily and frequently one day the man could loose it. No matter the amount of walking he does, in as much as we watch our temper, women should also watch their mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
freshvine:

He was locked out of his own house. Guess his rage was building up cos of the unending embarrassment
Thank you jare. People be talking like they are not humans. Whilst what the man did is totally unacceptable. That lady is a mad woman, really mad one. People come online and paint one picture of what's not obtainable how sweet their spouses are when they throw tantrums at them. Only a few people will want to be in a marriage as the one OP is talking about and what these kind of people resort to is hitting one another and embarrassment as that.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:

Thanks for being civil.
Just what I did, ignore and talk when tempers are calm. This I started right from time, not when we have both degenerated into mad people. We didn't degenerate into mad people, because I stopped indulging him. If I had indulged him like this woman's husband, we would have gotten to the point they are.

This two people are intolerant and none is ready to play the fool. I know how this works in marriage. It's different from the epistle some people are typing about. If you follow that story, you would have seen the point where this all would have ended, but EGO got in the way. That EGO is what's killing marriages today. At that point she locked him out, following actions set the ball rolling. I would have simply thanked you for opening the door and enter.

How I felt? I felt bad, I felt like dishing out one or two slaps _but I thought of its consequences and refrained. I remembered he isn't bad, he just doesn't know how to keep his expressions in check when angry.

I understand we all can't be the same, you all should do what works for you. People are different _thus Marriages are different, but there are things every marriage needs, wisdom and tolerance.
you and your hubby need to host a show sometime to help other couples. Don't you think grin
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by classicpeezy(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
[i][/i]You just said it all
dicefrost:

I totally disagree with you. If there is no justification for a man hitting a woman, then there is no justification for a woman to verbally abuse a man. If he continues to walk away from the insult, it ll only be eating him up inside. I find it offensive that you tactfully excused the woman's madness and blame the man for not walking away. You are in effect saying that men should continuously endure domestic abuse because they are physically stronger? You think that a woman's words do not do emotional harm? Is it just the man who should be understanding and reasonable? Should the woman not learn to respect her head?
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
majekdom2:
you and your hubby needs to host a show sometime to help other couples. Don't you think grin

I wonder why you find it so hard to give up,even when it's obvious I have ignored you _you must have the last laugh. I hope you're not like this in reality. No wonder you find it hard to believe some of us don't have that strength to keep up with tantrums.

You'll still reply again, or quote one not directed to you. This is the attitude some of you carry into marriage and wonder why you fight each other.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:

I wonder why you find it so hard to give up,even when it's obvious I have ignored you _you must have the last laugh. I hope you're not like this in reality. No wonder you find it hard to believe some of us don't have that strength to keep up with tantrums.

You'll still reply again, or quote one not directed to you. This is the attitude some of you carry into marriage and wonder why you fight each other.
You are not different from what you just accused him of doing. Most times people accuse others of what they themselves want to do or what they are thinking of doing. You also want to be the last to talk, if not, you would not have quoted him if truly you have ignored him. Never carry this same attitude to marriage, it shows how childish you are.

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by contactikenna(m): 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
For this same misconceptions that its always a mans fault is why the baby mama issue is rampant. Men are gradually getting tired of the drama women bring. At the hospital where I work I had a conversation with a patient concerning marriage he said "marriage is overrated" and should be entered sober. He said he and his wife had an argument and she slapped him nothing happened, he retaliates it becomes an issue.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by sisisioge: 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:

Thanks for being civil.

Abi o, and now she has lost two teeth. A permanent disfigure. Each time he kisses her and his tongue is able to escape through the gap created , he would wish he had kept himself in check.

On the upside, the mouthy woman has learnt her lesson. Ceramic teeth isn't the same as our natural teeth. Nothing is as good a reminder of the fear of God as the woulda-been seen in mirrors. O ma se o grin

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
sisisioge:

Abi o, and now she has lost two teeth. A permanent disfigure. Each time he kisses her and his tongue is able to escape through the gap created , he would wish he had kept himself in check.

On the upside, the mouthy woman has learnt her lesson. Ceramic teeth isn't the same as our natural teeth. Nothing is as good a reminder of the fear of God as the woulda-been seen in mirrors. O ma se o grin

Hahahaaha, sisisioge done carry come. I see that man buying her suya and wine through out this week.

The woman deserves small factory reset, but they took it too far. I am sure by now they are regretting and wishing they handled it better.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by explicite(m): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:

Thanks for being civil.

Well said...
u ve mentioned d problem here... and it's the ego... that I really agree with.... and truely this dude was wrong on all moral grounds... but what I will like to state is that... The wife had it coming and deserves what she got...
Nevrtheless, she deserving it doesn't give him the right to hit her.

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Luisema4luv:

Nne pls wat happened to una gender equality, simply learn to keep ur mouth shut if u knw it will warant provocation in a marriage nd watch hw d world will b a beta place. Nobody needs to claim bigger anytin
huh? Who mentioned gender equality here? From my posts you should have deduced already that I am not a huge fan of gender equality and yes, someone has to be the calm one when it comes to marriage. Two hot heads can't live together
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
freshvine:

their house not his own house. Their house. Hmmm...people who support this beating should not sha try to go and stay in a country like America o. Me I ayam tired of arguing o....
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by babniyen(m): 5:30am On Sep 19, 2017
myking95:

The solution is pale. Don't take such women serious. Every man should have his life planned out, know what he wants and have the balls to kick out any woman who stands in his way.
First of all, never marry a karashika. If she has those spiritual nonsense, carry her to church and drop her there. Its not your cross to carry.
Get your freedom through your finance. Never ever make any stupid sacrifices for her. Above all, know and love God and be smart enough not to be bitter with her. Just accept that she has chosen her path, and you will not be dragged into it.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 19, 2017
Treasuredlove:
their house not his own house. Their house. Hmmm...people who support this beating should not sha try to go and stay in a country like America o. Me I ayam tired of arguing o....
so because it is "their" house, she can lock him out. Stop being silly and unintelligent. No one says beating the woman is right, but condemn what's wrong first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Married At 48, Gives Birth To A Baby Boy Before Her 50th Birthday / Villagers Dig Up Corpse Of Man Who Was Buried By Reverend Sister In Anambra.PICS / Wife Omitted From Obituary After Killing Husband And Children In Benue. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.