Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km (1005 Views)

Super Clean Mercedes Benz C240 With Original Duty / Just For (BENZ LOVERS)Toks M/BENZ. C240.saloon / ¤¤¤¤ DISTRESS SALE: Foreign Used 2003 Mecedes Benz C240 For ₦1.550m (Lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by Yommykixz(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
Good day guys

It's my first time of getting close to buy a benz, as i fear what people say about it. Now the issue is this Benz C240 (not 4matic) is clean but has over 300k (km) mileage.

Please what are the issues to expect and should i go for it?
Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by adeleks: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2017
Why not look for something with lower milleage. Abi na awoof? Say 400k
Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by Yommykixz(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
adeleks:
Why not look for something with lower milleage. Abi na awoof? Say 400k

Lol no be awoof o. Its actually a tokunbo car.

1.8m
Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by shortgun(m): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yommykixz:
Good day guys

It's my first time of getting close to buy a benz, as i fear what people say about it. Now the issue is this Benz C240 (not 4matic) is clean but has over 300k (km) mileage.

Please what are the issues to expect and should i go for it?
Bro, that 300km mileage should be like 1,000,000+km in Japanese cars.
The engine(m112) in that car is bullet proof... it hardly fails, even if it eventually does u can get a tokunbo engine very cheap. if the car is clean go for it.
Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by blazeup(m): 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2017
If it is toks... no p. But if it is naija used. . Then be sure that the previous owner maintained it well with a good oil grade.
Check if any Kazeem has tampered with the electronics and wires.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by Yommykixz(m): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
shortgun:

Bro, that 300km mileage should be like 1,000,000+km in Japanese cars.
The engine(m112) in that car is bullet proof... it hardly fails, even if it eventually does u can get a tokunbo engine very cheap. if the car is clean go for it.

The mechanic mentioned that the engine is quite cheap. It reads 199k miles which i converted to km which arives at over 300k.

People are just scaring me about high mentainnace of benz, saying i should go for Toyota corolla.
Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by Yommykixz(m): 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
blazeup:
If it is toks... no p. But if it is naija used. . Then be sure that the previous owner maintained it well with a good oil grade.
Check if any Kazeem has tampered with the electronics and wires.

All the best.

Thank you.

Nothing has been done on the car, still i same condition it came with.
Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by shortgun(m): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yommykixz:

The mechanic mentioned that the engine is quite cheap. It reads 199k miles which i converted to km which arives at over 300k.

People are just scaring me about high mentainnace of benz, saying i should go for Toyota corolla.
in dat case, u r yet to make up ur mind on d car u want. Let no one scare u with high maintenance as no vehicle is maintenance free. I will choose the C240 over d corolla.
Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by besttrader: 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
I moved from a Kia Optima LX 2008 model over to Benz Kompressor and I can tell you that it's gonna be a Mercedes all the way for me. I recently took it on a 400km journey and it was so smooth. Between the Kia and the Mercedes, I can't really say that the Mercedes is damn expensive to maintain, mine came in with about 100k miles on the odometer when I received it. I haven't done much on the car asides servicing, changing front and rear lights (based on dashboard notifications).

Get a sound Mechanic to check the readiness of the car, then you can make an informed decision.

A Mercedes offers a whole lot of drive comfort, freaky nice car to drive.

Most of the problems you might encounter with this car is electronics related, you might have to be a DIY kinda guy. I replaced some fuses myself the other day. The fuse chart can be found on the side of the driver's areas, just pop the cover over and there it is. When replacing ur fuses always ensure you get the right rating for a replaced fuse.

There are Mercedes forums online that have been of great help to me. I actually love reading about my cars and in just about some months, I've known so much bout the car that I even tell my Mechanic some stuffs. I did a coolant replacement myself also. I just order the diagnostic kit for my Mercedes and I'll scan for errors myself, before visiting my Kazeem.

All in all, if you want to enjoy most modern cars especially in our clime, you need to read a bit about your car and get some background info about some common errors. There are tons of information online about every brand.

Stuffs like changing the battery on your automatic key, where you need to change the battery, when you're meters away from the Mercedes (not inside the car) to avoid frying some electronic components (I got this info online).

It is a w203, w204, w205...?

http://forums.mbclub.co.uk/

1 Like

Re: Benz C240 With Over 300,000 Km by Yommykixz(m): 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
besttrader:
I moved from a Kia Optima LX 2008 model over to Benz Kompressor and I can tell you that it's gonna be a Mercedes all the way for me. I recently took it on a 400km journey and it was so smooth. Between the Kia and the Mercedes, I can't really say that the Mercedes is damn expensive to maintain, mine came in with about 100k miles on the odometer when I received it. I haven't done much on the car asides servicing, changing front and rear lights (based on dashboard notifications).

Get a sound Mechanic to check the readiness of the car, then you can make an informed decision.

A Mercedes offers a whole lot of drive comfort, freaky nice car to drive.

Most of the problems you might encounter with this car is electronics related, you might have to be a DIY kinda guy. I replaced some fuses myself the other day. The fuse chart can be found on the side of the driver's areas, just pop the cover over and there it is. When replacing ur fuses always ensure you get the right rating for a replaced fuse.

There are Mercedes forums online that have been of great help to me. I actually love reading about my cars and in just about some months, I've known so much bout the car that I even tell my Mechanic some stuffs. I did a coolant replacement myself also. I just order the diagnostic kit for my Mercedes and I'll scan for errors myself, before visiting my Kazeem.

All in all, if you want to enjoy most modern cars especially in our clime, you need to read a bit about your car and get some background info about some common errors. There are tons of information online about every brand.

Stuffs like changing the battery on your automatic key, where you need to change the battery, when you're meters away from the Mercedes (not inside the car) to avoid frying some electronic components (I got this info online).

It is a w203, w204, w205...?

http://forums.mbclub.co.uk/

Thank you so much for this, it has been of help.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Toks 2010 Toyota Corolla LE... Asking Price: ₦3,100,000 / Toks Toyota Venza 2009 Model For 4.5m / Clean Nigeria Use Toyota Camry 2002 Model Fabric Seat AC Chilling Price 750,00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.