Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. (1877 Views)

Help! I'm Dying Of Pains / Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic / General Hospital Ambulance Dumps Sick Man On Drip Along The Road - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. by ogbongenet: 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2017
On the 2nd of September my Aunt was rushed to the general hospital ijaye Abeokuta, she was seriously sick and we have to rushed her to the emergency unit of the hospital, but to the greatest of my surprise we are left outside till we collect card, after card collection she was placed on bed but no doctor on ground to attend to her. She was there for like 30mins ,I was so frustrated that I have to challenge the doctor when he finally showed up but his response was 'I'm going to kill myself, I was the only one to attend to over 50 patents .finally doctor came he examined my aunt and he took some blood from her that we should take to the lab.for test but unfortunately when I got to the lab.the blood sample was collected but I was told that it's already 4:30 that I should come for the result the following day. I have to rushed back to explain to doctor which said he can't do anything without the lab.result. with the help of a senior nurse I got the result from the lab.that day,doctor begin treatment.A lot of bad incidents that can be prevented, if there is enough doctors to attend to patents happened at the emergency unit. You can only get some small small drugs at the hospital pharmacy, you have to go outside to buy drugs. On the 8th of September my aunt was moved from the emergency room to ward room but on 9th some thing unfortunate happened to her, she started breathing heavily and badly, we are told to go and pay for oxygen and I hurriedly pay 6,500 but when they brought the oxygen kit there is no extension box to plug the kit. I was ask to go and source for extension box from the nearest shop which is at sapon market but before I came back alas! my aunt was dead.when people in the same ward started complaining... The doctor on duty said "Do you people expect me to provide extension box. Complain to your Governor, if he can borrow billions of dollars to build roads and flyers.he should borrow more to equip the hospital also".when they have ordinary cold they fly out of the country. I'm so sad, I loss my aunt because of an extension box, I don't think there is hope for this country.

Re: General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. by wahles(m): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
Sorry op! Accept my condolence.
Re: General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. by ifyalways(f): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Sorry OP.

I think with the way things are going in that country, if one can't afford a private hospital, then he should endeavor to go to the general hospital with stuff like torchlight with extra batteries, extension cord and detachable sockets, saline water and syringe, small generator. embarassed

Meanwhile some private hospitals do accept NHIS. that's another option.
Re: General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. by onlyme07(m): 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
So sorry about your loss bro. May her soul rest in peace.Amen.

To the issue,it is worrisome the way patients are been handled in Nigeria. It is not only in Abeokuta,it once happened in Igbobi where the Doctor walked in majestically when he was called for emergency in the ward. To worsen the issue,there was nothing in the oxygen placed on the patient, I looked helplessly on my bed as the man gasp for breath and died.

I have gone back to Igbobi again,things have improved though but our government can do better.
Re: General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. by Newway2(m): 8:16am On Sep 18, 2017
Sorry abt ur loss my friend. May her soul RIP.

D truth of d matter is that u pay for everything in all our public hospitals. From syringe to cotton wool to air to bandage, water etc. Nothing is really free as claimed.

It's a reality we hv found ourselves & govt is not totally at fault. Most of d hospital's administrators are saboteurs.

I know a case of a hospital in Lagos which has WHO support, but d drugs are in d shop of d administrator & not in d hospital's pharmacy.

We are all "fantastically corrupt"
Re: General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. by NoToPile: 8:31am On Sep 18, 2017
So Sorry OP cry

I won't be surprised if the government has made provision for all those things but some ogas at the top are "eating" the money.

A lot of corruption takes place in state and federal owned hospitals, it seems its only Lagos state that has been able to curb corruption in their hospitals to a reasonable extent.

We are our problem in this country.
Re: General Hospital Ijaye Abeokuta.. Home Of Pains,agony And Death. by ogbongenet: 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thanks brother
onlyme07:
So sorry about your loss bro. May her soul rest in peace.Amen.

To the issue,it is worrisome the way patients are been handled in Nigeria. It is not only in Abeokuta,it once happened in Igbobi where the Doctor walked in majestically when he was called for emergency in the ward. To worsen the issue,there was nothing in the oxygen placed on the patient, I looked helplessly on my bed as the man gasp for breath and died.

I have gone back to Igbobi again,things have improved though but our government can do better.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Remedy For Toothache? / Authentic Pregnancy Test Strip For Sale (wholesale) / Sisters: What Is Good Medicine For Pms Cramps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.