|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,260,249 members, 4,945,411 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2019 at 02:18 AM
Igbo Political Leaders And Their Past Misadventures Resulting In Current Nationa / Nigeria: Exclusive Legislative List, A Great Impediment To Regional Development. / Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money (2) (3) (4)
|South East Regional Development In Current Nigeria - Alternative Strategies. by amazingspiderma: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2017|
I learnt that there are more subtle ways of addressing issues once you have the support of people in the region. Just like the "sit at home" movement. We from the southeast can go further to initiate, the following:
1. purchase of goods that are made from South east companies must be encouraged.
2. pro- development initiatives in the south east, like compulsory construction of water treatment plant within 2 years in South East states by all governors or risk massive rejection in reelections.
3. Industrial development, and synergy among states.
4.Standardisation of goods produced in the region to meet international standards, by integrating consultant services of experts.
5. Redefining the idea of Igbo entrepreneurship from the original training in the 70s of just non schooled teenagers to accommodation of graduates from the east so that business would grow from been a generational spark to more sustainable global models, and from just trading to diversifying to other sectors like construction, manufacturing, energy etc.
6.Southeast carnival for social and cultural integration amongst it's people. Currently only political office holders decide when states meets, but this must change. It must be an annual event of elders of people,of captains of industry for the benefit of all.
7. Remodeling value chain of the shoe and cloth and automobile and manufacturing hobs in Aba and Nnewi, providing electricity, financial incentives, training, trademarks and efficient revenue generation systems backed with transparency. Other SE states have other advantages, but please pardon me for not mentioning them.
8. Agricultural sustainability programs initiatives to provide food security, fertilizer production, food processing etc.
We need to start tapping from ourselves, the earlier the better. I still know that if this is done there would have still been opposition, but at least progress will be guaranteed. But we must take responsibility.
Gen. 11 v 3- 7. Speaks about the great potential of people.
They said to each other, “Come, let’s
make bricks and bake them thoroughly.”
They used brick instead of stone, and tar
for mortar. Then they said, “Come, let us
build ourselves a city, with a tower that
reaches to the heavens, so that we may
make a name for ourselves; otherwise we
will be scattered over the face of the whole
But the LORD came down to see the city
and the tower the people were building.
The LORD said, “If as one people speaking
the same language they have begun to do
this, then nothing they plan to do will be
impossible for them. Come, let us go
down and confuse their language so they
will not understand each other.”
Nehemiah 2v 17 - 20. Speak of those who mocked as work began.
Then I said to them, “You see the distress
that we are in, how Jerusalem lies waste, and
its gates are burned with fire. Come and let
us build the wall of Jerusalem, that we may
no longer be a reproach.” And I told them
of the hand of my God which had been good
upon me, and also of the king’s words that he
had spoken to me.
So they said, “Let us rise up and build.” Then
they set their hands to this good work.
But when Sanballat the Horonite, Tobiah
the Ammonite official, and Geshem the Arab
heard of it, they laughed at us and despised
us, and said, “What is this thing that you are
doing? Will you rebel against the king?”
So I answered them, and said to them,
“The God of heaven Himself will prosper us;
therefore we His servants will arise and build,
but you have no heritage or right or memorial
On a final note, whether we realise it or not, regional politics never died in Nigeria. The truth is that we never played it. We never committed our resource to the region's development initiatives. No vision,no provision, no mission, no policies. When you have no vision you will serve other people's vision.
We have to start by looking at the mirror before the window.
God cannot help us, unless we start helping our selves.
We must move like water does,by looking for soft spots through which we can make progress and grow.
Only when are strong enough,can we negotiate. Some strategies take a life time to achieve, we must reconsider the gravity of the task ahead. Not everything must happen tomorrow morning.
Patience is a weapon in the hands of the wise.
Let's learn from the North Korean, It took them 3 generations to become a nuclear power. Moses got freedom for Isreal 40 years after his first attempt.
History is our ally, only when we chosen to be it's student.
Ndi ebianyi, Ekelem unu.
Proscription Of IPOB, Unconstitutional...senate President Bukola Saraki. / Biafra: Why Operation Python Dance Is Good – Abia Deputy Governor, Oko Chukwu / See Femi Fani-kayode's Tweets Concerning Buhari's Speech In New York
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46