Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. (1420 Views)

My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore / Do I Take This UK Job Or Go To Canada With My PR / This UK Life Sef (Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by NickMelvon(m): 11:26am On Sep 18, 2017
Hi guys, I studied and lived in the UK for some years and I had a situation there before coming back to Nigeria.
There was a time i was ban from driving for over a year based on alcohol. Within the period of my ban i was still driving and later i was caught. When charged to court for driving while being bsn i was given a community order to attend one program for correction once a week for a full year.
However i attended it only twice and never did again till i returned back to Nigeria. At the airport i was scared they might see am wanted for not completing my community order but they never daid anything and i returned back safely.

My visa has since expired because i have been in Nigeria now over 5 years but then i want to apply for a visa to visit and get married to someone i had a relationship with at a point because we have agreed to do that.

I want to know from the experts in the house if that issue i had back then will affect my visa application.
Re: Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by Mrbigman1(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2017
Lol
Re: Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by Lewist(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
got damn you are done with UK man
Re: Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by NickMelvon(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lewist:
got damn you are done with UK man

So why didn't they say that on my departure...
Re: Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by NickMelvon(m): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2017
Seems no one really has good idea about this situation. Where is @Justwise someone said i should mention you.
Re: Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by theforce(m): 11:23am On Sep 19, 2017
Good day,

By the time you are filling out the form, you'll realize that information regarding your history with the law would be asked.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF ANY CRIMINAL OFFENCE IN THE UK OR ANY COUNTRY?

HAVE YOU BEEN ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH ANY OFFENCE IN ANY COUNTRY AND ARE AWAITING, OR ARE CURRENTLY ON TRIAL?

HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY OTHER PENALTY IN RELATION TO A CRIMINAL OFFENCE; FOR EXAMPLE A CAUTION, REPRIMAND, WARNING, OR SIMILAR PENALTIES IN THE UK OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY?

HAVE YOU HAD ANY UK COURT JUDGEMENT AGAINST YOU FOR NON-PAYMENT OF A DEBT, OR RECEIVED A CIVIL PENALTY UNDER UK IMMIGRATION ACTS?

You need to be careful how you answer these questions.....

NickMelvon:
Hi guys, I studied and lived in the UK for some years and I had a situation there before coming back to Nigeria.
There was a time i was ban from driving for over a year based on alcohol. Within the period of my ban i was still driving and later i was caught. When charged to court for driving while being bsn i was given a community order to attend one program for correction once a week for a full year.
However i attended it only twice and never did again till i returned back to Nigeria. At the airport i was scared they might see am wanted for not completing my community order but they never daid anything and i returned back safely.

My visa has since expired because i have been in Nigeria now over 5 years but then i want to apply for a visa to visit and get married to someone i had a relationship with at a point because we have agreed to do that.

I want to know from the experts in the house if that issue i had back then will affect my visa application.
Re: Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by NickMelvon(m): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2017
theforce:
Good day,

By the time you are filling out the form, you'll realize that information regarding your history with the law would be asked.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF ANY CRIMINAL OFFENCE IN THE UK OR ANY COUNTRY?

HAVE YOU BEEN ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH ANY OFFENCE IN ANY COUNTRY AND ARE AWAITING, OR ARE CURRENTLY ON TRIAL?

HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY OTHER PENALTY IN RELATION TO A CRIMINAL OFFENCE; FOR EXAMPLE A CAUTION, REPRIMAND, WARNING, OR SIMILAR PENALTIES IN THE UK OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY?

HAVE YOU HAD ANY UK COURT JUDGEMENT AGAINST YOU FOR NON-PAYMENT OF A DEBT, OR RECEIVED A CIVIL PENALTY UNDER UK IMMIGRATION ACTS?

You need to be careful how you answer these questions.....

Oh yeah true.... Am i suppose to admit that i have been charged to court for drunk driving?
Re: Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by claremont(m): 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
You were charged to court and convicted for flouting your driving ban, it's very likely your name is on the UK criminal records database. They check the database before issuing visas regardless of whether you declare the conviction or not. I don't think you can be issued a visa, you still haven't served your sentence in the UK. At this present time, you are a fugitive running away from your sentence.
Re: Please I Need Info About This UK Situation. by NickMelvon(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
claremont:
You were charged to court and convicted for flouting your driving ban, it's very likely your name is on the UK criminal records database. They check the database before issuing visas regardless of whether you declare the conviction or not. I don't think you can be issued a visa, you still haven't served your sentence in the UK. At this present time, you are a fugitive running away from your sentence.

Lol... They got no joy. Can't they forgive me as its over five years ago. I did attend the community program for some time but didn't finish it.

(1) (Reply)

This Man Was The Only Passenger On A Boeing 737 To Italy / Let's Pray Your Car Won't Break Down In These 5 Dangerous Places In Nigeria / Visas Granted Before The Covid 19 Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.