Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide (33117 Views)

Nigeria Labour Congress Strike Not Effective In Lagos / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress / Electricity Workers Threaten Strike, Nationwide Power Outage Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by bedspread: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
DEXTROVERT:
All
These
PDP
Sponsored
Strikes
U BETTER WAKE UP frm PDP and Nd APC discrimination B4 The nation collapses on ur Head

1 Like

Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by ADIEMUS(f): 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Let's go there. I am soooooooo happy. Nairaland is next

Cc adiemus tongue tongue

TROUBLE MAKER!!!
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by julietm123: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Sorry for you. Since a young person has no se..ns..e... Everything is politics. SMH.
DEXTROVERT:
All
These
PDP
Sponsored
Strikes
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by kikake: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bamibor:

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/09/18/united-labour-congress-commences-nationwide-strike/

Nigeria in a scatter mode. Strike all over the place. Islamic soldiers on war in the east of Nigeria in guise of looking for criminals in the east; the east recently declared by an international organization as the most peaceful in Nigeria.
Meanwhile, the war-monger president is busy shaking hands with other world leaders whose countries are in working order.

In 2015, there were hundreds of thousands of young, articulate, well-educated and less-corrupt presidential materials in Nigeria, but Nigerians went for a man like Muhammadu Buhari; no thanks to a skewed political structure of Nigeria with 20 new federating units in Fulani-controlled north;

no thanks to a constitution which states that a presidential candidate must score 25% votes in 2/3 of the 36 states to be declared winner. Buhari benefited from the northern Nigeria military's fraudulent political structure and constitution to win.

The political structure and constitution allows for even a cow from the Fulani-controlled north to win a most qualified professor of law from the south of Nigeria in every presidential election, so long as the northern political class insists that the president must come from the north..

Atiku and El-Rufai from the north are warming up for 2019. In normal circumstances, VP Osinbajo should have been a natural replacement for Buhari.

Nigeria deteriorates with the fraudulent political structure and constitution which now allow the self-acclaimed most educationally-disadvantaged north largely determine who must lead Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by llyodzico(m): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nairalanders sabi English
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by enemyofprogress: 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
ADIEMUS:

TROUBLE MAKER!!!
you go soon begin see me for your dreams dancing python dance tongue tongue
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by ADIEMUS(f): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
enemyofprogress:
you go soon begin see me for your dreams dancing python dance tongue tongue
You are just too dry.I rebuke and cast you out of my mentions.
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by AKPARAJA: 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
Thank God the people are waking up since they have discovered that APC AND BUHARI have nothing to show for the 2 years of grace given to them to settle down.
This country doesn't belong to one zone as they always make us to believe by their actions and appointments
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by EsmeraldaR1(f): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
One week one trouble.......there was a country.
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
So many sadists will like this grin
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by nairanaira12: 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
Flets:
Since all Buhari understands is violence, he should declare operation zombie jump on NLC.

Its already bad to have an illiterate & archive man as president. Its a tragedy when he is also a tribal bigot and religious extremist.

This is not NLC; this is ULC. And they are not recognised by the government
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
I just hope the gov't would not clamb down on the leaders of the ULC and say they want to instigate violence in this administration. .maybe they will soon label it a terrorist organization o
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by Bamibor: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
LordAdam:

Who would vote independents?

Nigeria's democracy is not advanced mate.

Even in the US, an independent candidate would almost certainly not win candidates from the big two parties.

Same case in Nigeria, the folks sponsoring the independent candidate would have their own agenda. And nothing stops the independent candidate from joining or creating a party after clinching the position.

We need to revamp our electoral law no doubt, but we need to have a rethink of the party system. Parties should be based on ideologies. Unfortunately, that is not the case in Nigeria. The ease with which candidates can cross-carpet between parties while retaining the same convictions is appalling.

Independent candidates would not solve this, but there's no harming in trying anyway.

-Lord
I agree with most of your points. Clearly what Nigeria and Nigerians need is an ideological revamp. We're still too held back by the umbilical cords of tribal, religious and political sentiments. While these at some points were useful in giving us our sense of identity and uniqueness, they have currently become instruments of manipulation hindering our progress.

I believe we can have political parties with clearly defined ideologies.
I also believe we can have a restructured political landscape where independents can run on the mettle of their credentials and not on the basis of who is "godfathering" them.
All of these however must begin with a change in the mindset of the populace.
We are the ones to demand the positive change we need.
Reading through your comment and those of some others on different threads and platforms, gives me hope that Nigeria has men who can shape the future positively.
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by hAlexandro(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
undecided who are the United? We know nigeria Labour congress them we don't
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by Bamibor: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
bakila:

When was this trade union registered? I think it is another secret society that is trying to cause confusion.

Secret society, you mean like ogboni? cool
The federal government claims not to recognize them. However they have groups like NUPENG, bankers and insurance employee association, electrical workers association and others under the United Labour Congress.
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by Bamibor: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:
grin grin grin grin
Nigeria needs Help
Bamibor u wan burst be brain here...
No jokes intended o...abi you sef no dey see am.
We need to help our country out of these endless cycles
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by aperture11: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is the most stupid strike ever. Their grievances are so blanket, nothing specific - ratify deals that took years to complete, pay salary arrears across the country, because ASUU is on strike etc (very laughable).

They are in a battle for recognition from the FG and rather than go to court and wait for the judgment, they decide the best thing to do is go on strike, who suffers, Nigerians, you and I.

We come here and we abuse ourselves and mention parties while those they are trying to get their attention do not suffer one bit. How sad undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by wildchild02: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
jokers

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by madgoat(m): 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
Rubbish... Who be United Labour Congress? Them just dey deceive themselves. Nobody go strike. undecided
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by joenor(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
Why buhari nor go travel for check up, too many problem we dey give that old man... una wan kill am?? there is money in this our nation pay worker for Jesus sake......haba
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by uwajeh(m): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
Please how can a so called "Union" which is not even recognised by law go on strike?! This is simply ridiculous!
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by bedspread: 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bamibor:

No jokes intended o...abi you sef no dey see am.
We need to help our country out of these endless cycles
You soooo right...
But ur summation got me cracking
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by esphil(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Unregistered and unrecognized union trying to be relevant. The call for strike will be very ineffective
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by Bamibor: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:
You soooo right...
But ur summation got me cracking

Na when small pikin see wetin pass e go cry na. I had to make a rallying call to all and sundry before we sink deeper in this many-faced quagmire we are dunked in.
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by Valsmart: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
Dz aiit hapnin mehn,Na die b dz ooo
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by Bamibor: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
esphil:
Unregistered and unrecognized union trying to be relevant. The call for strike will be very ineffective

Well...let's hope you're right because if it turns out to be effective, that would amount to almost a total grounding of the nation's economy.
Think oil maketers, banks, stock brokers, insurance companies, electricity company workers, on strike. Dreary!
The importance thing though is that the government should be awake to its responsibilities
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by blacknp(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bamibor:

My brother, the country is crying out for an ideological and leadership revolution.
So the answer is to go on an industrial strike?are strikes only for the Federal Government?

why don't they embark on strikes to hold the State Government's for not conducting local Government elections or a strike to compel state governments to show their accounts of management?
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by blacknp(m): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Flets:
Since all Buhari understands is violence, he should declare operation zombie jump on NLC.

Its already bad to have an illiterate & archive man as president. Its a tragedy when he is also a tribal bigot and religious extremist.
In your frustration against President Buhari you will die of heat stroke for nothing.

Person wey no go school like you claim defeat lecturer,who come be the mumu?

1 Like

Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by breakeven: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
DEXTROVERT:
All
These
PDP
Sponsored
Strikes
APC megaphones sited!
Re: United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
operation python dance to the rescue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boss Mustapha Got To Know About His Appointment As SGF Through Amaechi / Policemen Boo Gov Matawalle After Bandits’ Murder Of 13 Colleagues / Wike Storms INEC Office To Supervise Collation Of Results As PDP Wins. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.