Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (70544 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by umuna(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2017
retake89:

guy u can lie....
Thank you! you are their member and you know what i am talking about.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by PuntGenius: 8:35am On Dec 17, 2017
Hmmm, did he not ask the holyspirit before setting up those committees or was he wrongly inspired?
Seun:
I am currently liking Pastor Kumuyi a little bit because of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-fmJkbRwI

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Seun(m): 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
harbjar:
The article was meant to be about Christianity and one of its denominations (deeper life) but you couldn't misa the chance to take that opportunity to attack Islam....
When the Muslims now try fighting back, then you scream "TERRORIST" and cry crocodile tears to world so as to see you as the peaceful one and the muslims as the bad ones
Why can't muslims fight back with words? Why must they kill? Is it because they don't have good arguments/evidence to support their views?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by chubbypearl(f): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
You are right, was also raised there. I disagree with the poster about them been a cult,I wonder what he will say about the Lord's chosen�.but all the same, it is a good Bible teaching church
ZKOSOSO:
Was raised in DCLM....as we used to call it then..

...my ishh with the church has always been RESTITUTION in Marriage. It's weird kind of.....

The women and children are always at the receiving end.

It's actually not a CULT but fanatics of the Faith.

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by bitchcrafts: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Seun:

Why can't muslims fight back with words? Why must they kill? Is it because they don't have strong arguments/evidence to support their views?
Muslims do fight back with words. I do, Many Islamic fundamentalists do, Muslim elites do, Islamic foundations do, Islamic clerics do. When we do, we fight back with intelligent arguments backed by facts from the Holy book and the Deeds of the Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him), and for the listening ear, those arguments appeal to common sense! Now, I know you know the grammatical implication of ' extremism, illogicality laced with fascism' as it relates to religious views? That's the case with religion extremists. It's not just an Islamic disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ventq: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
What part of church administration do you not understand, Sir.
PuntGenius:
Hmmm, did he not ask the holyspirit before setting up those committees or was he wrongly inspired?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Deckline(m): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
frosbel2:

My friend get out of here , it’s painful to hear the truth especially when you are a follower and worshipper of MAN.

Buzz off
Lmfao... You have A1 in perpetual stupidity. Seek help!!
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.

Now , go and continue following your cult leader.

Without Jesus you will bear your sins yourself. You lied GOD have nothing to do with you without CHRIST.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ichuka(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
debolayinka:

Did you just say all? Please consult your bible once again before making assertions like this.
Yes
All the seven churches in Asia has issues,No?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by fathergabriel: 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
If their concern is holiness, righteousness and salvation then I think they are justified cause bible have said it all. narrow is the way that leads to ethernity and few are following it but broad is the way that leads to destruction and many were they are goes through it. and Bible says that friendly to the world is an eminity God.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Incrizz(f): 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
frosbel2 does not believe in the rapture, Trinity and doesn't need Jesus?? shocked

Pastor Kumuyi is very found scripturally.
I haven't even listened to him but his members.
He has raised up good soldiers of CHRIST..

And dear Pastor Kumuyi, if you had known, you would not have recanted that TV, cell phone decision...
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by harbjar(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Seun:

Why can't muslims fight back with words? Why must they kill? Is it because they don't have good arguments/evidence to support their views?
Oh yeah..
Someone who believes 1+1+1=1 is coming to tell me about good arguments and evidence angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ochoa(m): 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
Was brought up in a deeper life home(left tho) .. The only issue I have with them is their mode of dressing.. It's kinda too rigid.. Also I did tried to date a member years bck.. I did all I could to win her over.. She complained about my dress sense(cause I prefer wearing Tees n jean) my haircut too.. My church was a problem for her.. Had to dump her when she was like the coordinator has warned them not to marry 'outside the church'
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
frosbel2:

So you have added Liar to your name ??

I was a worker for many years in Deeperlife. You don't have to act like a raving fanatic in order to defend your MOG.

I know your name and I know your family and I know the last Deeper Life Bible church you attended in the UK before you left. Who made you a worker and where?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

You always type like a robotic computer programme.

But on this topic you have spoken like a human being and have taken time to address his points. This means you were really affected by the OP. It also means there is some truth in what the OP has said.

I was moved personally especially when he lied that he was a worker and almost a pastor.

Ranchhoddas:

That you think every member must know how to spell your pastor's name further buttresses his claims about the cultic nature of your organization.

At your age would it be right not to know the right spelling of your surname? undecided
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I know your name and I know your family and I know the last Deeper Life Bible church you attended in the UK before you left. Who made you a worker?

Okay, so you have decided to investigate who I actually am? Why ? Because you were hurt by my posts or perhaps in disbelief that a former member could call it quits with the church. grin. You know this is called Cyberstalking right? - smiley

Anyway let me satisfy your curiosity - I was a worker in Nigeria years before coming to the UK but was also a worker in a major UK city before settling in my current location.

Do some more research, or keep drooling in your pother.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
Incrizz:
frosbel2 does not believe in the rapture, Trinity and doesn't need Jesus?? shocked

Pastor Kumuyi is very found scripturally.
I haven't even listened to him but his members.
He has raised up good soldiers of CHRIST..

And dear Pastor Kumuyi, if you had known, you would not have recanted that TV, cell phone decision...

So because your LORD Kumuyi says so, it must be SO ?

On the contrary, each of us is personally responsible for the search, discovery, and preservation of truth and also acting on that truth positively and in obedience to God.

To piggyback on a MAN's interpretation and practice of what he deems to be the truth can be very very dangerous indeed.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40am On Dec 18, 2017
frosbel2:

Okay, so you have decided to investigate who I actually am? Why ? Because you were hurt by my posts or perhaps in disbelief that a former member could call it quits with the church. grin. You know this is called Cyberstalking right? - smiley

Are you afraid of your lies being exposed now? I did not only investigate who you actually are but what actually made you leave the church and found out that you lied that you were a worker and almost a pastor in at least the last branch of the church you attended and you know lying is giving false information. cool

frosbel2:

Anyway let me satisfy your curiosity - I was a worker in Nigeria years before coming to the UK but was also a worker in a major UK city before settling in my current location.

If you could lie when you generalised that you were a worker and almost a pastor for 20 years why should I believe you now? 'A Eunuch only has a child in a far country.'

frosbel2:

Do some more research, or keep drooling in your pother.

My findings is not only based on research I also found out that you and your family were beneficiaries from my benevolence.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=63379132]

Are you afraid of your lies being exposed now? I did not only investigate who you actually are but what actually made you leave the church and found out that you lied that you were a worker and almost a pastor in at least the last branch of the church you attended and you know lying is giving false information. cool

Strawman statement - "In at least the last branch " - an attempt to negate the years of attending the Deeper life bible cult by limiting it to the last branch attended when in fact there was no such qualification in my original post which makes me believe ( and thankfully so ), that your knowledge is limited to the last branch, where I actually spent a very short time intermittently before leaving, assuming you even know me smiley

My findings is not only based on research I also found out that you and your family were beneficiaries from my benevolence.

Benevolence and your benevolence for that matter, grin. Well, most members received benevolence in the form of advice, prayer, and guidance. Yes, the last Pastor was a great guy who showed great kindness by giving good advice, visiting various members to share in their struggles and trials, but unfortunately, he could only operate within the framework of the Deeper life brand. Sadly we had to break off with nice people like our former Pastor to achieve this feat.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
harbjar:
Oh yeah.. Someone who believes 1+1+1=1 is coming to tell me about good arguments and evidence angry grin grin grin grin
No religion really makes sense. The only difference is how their followers react when this fact is pointed out. Muslims usually turn to violence.

bitchcrafts:
Muslims do fight back with words
I'm not talking about death threats and violent protests demanding the execution of people whose words or cartoons offended Muslims. tongue

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by anonimi: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2017
Seun:
No religion really makes sense. The only difference is how their followers react when this fact is pointed out. Muslims usually turn to violence.

I'm not talking about death threats and violent protests demanding the execution of people whose words or cartoons offended Muslims. tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391004_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by oceeconnect(m): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
My poster, how much them pay you?
You are getting set to write about Redeemed now too. For your information, all what you raised here are FALLACY!
I was born and breed up in Deeper life, I left Deeper in the year 2005 but still follows Papa live streamed messages. What do you want to gain in all this?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Seun(m): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
PuntGenius:
Hmmm, did he not ask the holy spirit before setting up those committees or was he wrongly inspired?
Good question. The Holy Spirit either doesn't exist, or has an extremely poor track record of explaining the correct biblical doctrine to Christians.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by bitchcrafts: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
Seun:

You simply should review where you're digging your truths from, filter them and go with those whose ideology on uprisings agree with yours. That way, our voice as the one human community that craves peace can overshadow that of the violent. You don't have to be a Muslim before you spread positivity about the religion, you simply have to be human enough to.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
frosbel2:

Strawman statement - "In at least the last branch " - an attempt to negate the years of attending the Deeper life bible cult by limiting it to the last branch attended when in fact there was no such qualification in my original post which makes me believe ( and thankfully so ), that your knowledge is limited to the last branch, where I actually spent a very short time intermittently before leaving, assuming you even know me smiley

You didn't exclude the last church when you falsely claimed that you were a worker and almost a pastor for 20 years in Deeper Life, did you? You came off as very paranoid when I first met you and even then you didn't trust anyone, now I can see why.

frosbel2:

Benevolence and your benevolence for that matter, grin. Well, most members received benevolence in the form of advice, prayer, and guidance. Yes, the last Pastor was a great guy who showed great kindness by giving good advice, visiting various members to share in their struggles and trials, but unfortunately, he could only operate within the framework of the Deeper life brand. Sadly we had to break off with nice people like our former Pastor to achieve this feat.

There were other members that had to spend of their physical and financial resources to assist you and your family but you are here to repay them with your spite and ingratitude.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You didn't exclude the last church when you falsely claimed that you were a worker and almost a pastor for 20 years in Deeper Life, did you? You came off as very paranoid when I first met you and even then you didn't trust anyone, now I can see why.

My friend you are either deluded or too dumb to understand my earlier comment made, so I leave it at that for now. I don't know you and you do not know me.

There were other members that had to spend of their physical and financial resources to assist you and your family but you are here to repay them with your spite and ingratitude.

Financial ?? Are you mad - grin grin. Which members? Only the Pastor and a few people like me had well paid Jobs, which other members are we referring to? Now I know you must be referring to someone else or carrying out character assassination which cults are apt to do. You are a vile person for concocting a lie of this sort and even if it is true that your church helped one of its members, for you to use it against that particular church member is exactly what we expect from a dead church void of any love or empathy for its members. Thankfully that Person also turned his back on your fables.

Remember you will give account for every false statement that you and your cult members make, so ensure you know what you are talking about.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by harbjar(m): 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
Seun:

How many times have you see Muslims come up with offensive cartoons to offend other faiths...
How many Muslims have you met and how many of them ever threaten you..
I agree we have our bad eggs doing all sorts of evil things in the name of religion but christains also have theirs... I mean josef stalin, Adolf Hitler, Clifford orji , all killed millions of people but no one says christains are bad neither am i saying that...
Just look beyond what the media says and look inwards into the reality of the religion..
Jesus Christ said "search for the truth and it shall set you free "
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Mathewa(m): 8:54am On Dec 19, 2017
Sokovilla:
that's too harsh,use another verb the word 'hate' is ungodly
alright.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
frosbel2:

My friend you are either deluded or too dumb to understand my earlier comment made, so I leave it at that for now. I don't know you and you do not know me.

You have been found out stretching the truth, all you need to do is to repent and believe the gospel. There's no point hurling abuses. smiley

frosbel2:

Financial ?? Are you mad - grin grin. Which members? Only the Pastor and a few people like me had well paid Jobs, which other members are we referring to? Now I know you must be referring to someone else or carrying out character assassination which cults are apt to do. You are a vile person for concocting a lie of this sort and even if it is true that your church helped one of its members, for you to use it against that particular church member is exactly what we expect from a dead church void of any love or empathy for its members. Thankfully that Person also turned his back on your fables.

Only a single brother sponsored you and your family's trip to the National conference.

frosbel2:

Remember you will give account for every false statement that you and your cult members make, so ensure you know what you are talking about.

You don't have to come back to the church just make sure you come back to your redeemer and Creator, our Lord Jesus Christ and make your ways right. How long are you going to fight God? smiley

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Shev20(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
WHY NOT WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING AS THE SCRIPTURE AS BIDS US INSTEAD OF CASTIGATING A CHURCH WHO YOU TRULY KNEW NOT OF ITS FOUNDATION.

I PRAY YOUR EYES OF UNDERSTANDING RECEIVE ENLIGHTENMENT.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You have been found out stretching the truth, all you need to do is to repent and believe the gospel. There's no point hurling abuses. smiley

Repent from ?? grin

Trust me, I don't even want to state my experiences starting from university days with deeper life until relocating to the UK and then attending various deeper life churches before the last one. I have been encouraged to write a small pamphlet about my experiences for the benefit of younger ones. You just may tempt me to go ahead. cool

Did I get benefits from Deeperlife, of course ;

1. More awareness of the Bible
2. Wonderful brothers and sisters who despite deeperlife were some of the best people I ever met including my last Pastor.
3. Support and encouragement during my days as a student when my family disowned me for joining deeperlife

But the damages far outweighed the benefits.

Only a single brother sponsored you and your family's trip to the National conference.

No idea what you are talking about, you may want to provide specifics.

Besides you made it seem as if your people were paying for my daily living, my wife laughed her head off when I mentioned your comment - smiley

You don't have to come back to the church just make sure you come back to your redeemer and Creator, our Lord Jesus Christ and make your ways right. How long are you going to fight God? smiley

My redeemer is GOD. Christianity is a SCAM not to talk of Deeper Life.

"This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself" - Isaiah 44:24

My greatest Joy is that my children were taken out of Deeperlife , and are now well balanced, well behaved and respectful boys who are allowed to make their own choices with great potential for the future, with no fear of a mythical hellfire or rapture. They will never be encouraged to marry a pentecostal person.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by michony505(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
frosbel2:

Repent from ?? grin

Trust me, I don't even want to state my experiences starting from university days with deeper life until relocating to the UK and then attending various deeper life churches before the last one. I have been encouraged to write a small pamphlet about my experiences for the benefit of younger ones. You just may tempt me to go ahead. cool

Did I get benefits from Deeperlife, of course ;

1. More awareness of the Bible
2. Wonderful brothers and sisters who despite deeperlife were some of the best people I ever met including my last Pastor.
3. Support and encouragement during my days as a student when my family disowned me for joining deeperlife

But the damages far outweighed the benefits.

No idea what you are talking about, you may want to provide specifics.

Besides you made it seem as if your people were paying for my daily living, my wife laughed her head off when I mentioned your comment - smiley

My redeemer is GOD. Christianity is a SCAM not to talk of Deeper Life.

"This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself" - Isaiah 44:24

My greatest Joy is that my children were taken out of Deeperlife , and are now well balanced, well behaved and respectful boys who are allowed to make their own choices with great potential for the future, with no fear of a mythical hellfire or rapture. They will never be encouraged to marry a pentecostal person.

You lack proper understanding of the Bible. What does Matt 25 vs 41 , 10 vs 28 says.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Mike Bamiloye Reacts / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex / There Are Plans To Assassinate Buhari – Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.