Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (70540 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by tosinjay(m): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:
I was a Deeper Life member and worker and almost a Pastor for about 20 years.

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• They are beholden to one man, Pastor Kumuyi

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.
Common man, what you just portrayed here is you getting seriously spiritually bankrupt or becoming an atheist and subliminally making your point not to reflect it.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire
This gave you away.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by agwom(m): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2017
hmmm
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by MhizzAJ(f): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2017
Hier:
A demonic thread

Hier please this is not a demonic thread

The OP raised some good points

Deeper lifers are fond of separating family members and friends...Do they really expect every member of a particular family to attend deeper life

Once you are not a member of the so called church...they tag you a sinner because they see themselves as perfect people
They won't even relate with you well

Youths in that church can't even reason well because to them everything is bad
Their social life is very very poor i must say and they are also very arrogant

I'm just looking at the deeper life members on this thread

4 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Abdulazeez007(m): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2017
hermosa7:

Peace be upon Him? He's the Prince of Peace!

cheesy
and who asked you? sad
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Ccdavies(m): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• They are beholden to one man, Pastor Kumuiyi

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.

And you knew all these and still come here to ask Us if its a cult?
With your afore mentioned years of membership and almost being a pastor,its obvious you never knew what you were doing!
Let me clear you here that there is and will never be a perfect church full of perfect being even where you are right now..even perfect doctrine

If you go to a church to find fault either from the member or pastor,I bet you,you'll certainly find them..

Please don't use your sample to draw conclusion on them ,I might not be a member but there are good people there and wud bet their life to be there.. If you are no longer there its OK and note everybody must not be there.. No htae tho.. Just and expression of my opinion and view.. Bless

Oh yak aba

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2017
Op, now you've got your 1 minute fame from the lies you brewed..

20years and cant spell the pastors name after several attempt?

The OP only lied to trend, he has no clue what h,es saying.. Was expecting him to raise topics around tech (like TV), dressings etc.. But just some gibberish that dont connect

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by supereagle(m): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2017
goshen26:
I stop believing their preaching and holiness higihaga since the GOs daughters wedding scandal
Did you witness the way the church deal with the boy, the daughter and the overseer?

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Chukazu: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2017
hermosa7:

Peace be upon Him? He's the Prince of Peace!

cheesy

Tell them.

"My peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you,not as the world..."

You don't give him what he owns

4 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Diso60090(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

Not surprised !
Na them them
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Bj4christ(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2017
I can see through your lines that something is missing. I want to submit humbly, that your claim that you served as a worker in deeper life couldn't be anything other than falsehood.Let's be very frank here a true child of God,blood of Christ washed and Holy Spirit filled won't have problems with all you have listed as Holy Bible is very clear on these salient issues.Consider salvation Sir. God bless you real good.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by LordIsaac(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2017
I wonder the motive behind the OP's submission. Ask anyone of about age 38 and above to give you an objective analysis of the church, and you'd know the OP has a personal vendetta for the church. I can speak for Pastor W.F. anyday.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Berlyn1(f): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2017
Benevee:
Now with all you've statement, I can say you are not w deeper life member,or you have never served there as a worker.

meanwhile I'm not a member there .
honestly wonder what he''s gonna benefit from trashing the church or the motive behind tis...

unnecessary beefing op get sense already

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by XYZo: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Benevee:
Now with all you've statement, I can say you are not w deeper life member,or you have never served there as a worker.

meanwhile I'm not a member there .

Thanks for that up there. Because u have a personal beef with Deeper Life or a Pastor there doesn't mean you should calumnize the church. Haba! Well those that know the truth simply know it.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by akpunda86: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Frosby you are just bitter.im a CATHOLIC but a flexible Christian since its same God.I enjoy winners,redeem and when I wanna flex and rock I go to house on the rock and dance my souls out.

Something happened,i went to deeper life was a turning point.yeah I love kumuyi,never seen him making blind argument of recent. With people. On tithe.

To me deeper life rocks my best pentecostal. Church.my man whoever that offended. U,go make peace.

I'm still a Catholic. But a flexible. Chrustian

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by tosinjay(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2017
ObaFemy:
Well, I'm not a member and I can't say all these are true. But, a pastor-friend of mine who is a member of Deeper Life, and is very gifted with prophecy and visions, once told me no one is allowed to share visions or prophecies, unless such visions and prophecies are validated and approved by Pastor W.F Kumuyi.
This is true and should be valid, you know why. Demonic prophesies has taken over the world. If such were allowed there would be caos. They don't mean it's wrong to see and prophesy bt can me manipulated if anyone understand this.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Ademolu2002(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

In all your Jesus worship where is the one and only ALMIGHTY GOD ??
You have been bewitched by extremists, may God revive you.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.

Now , go and continue following your cult leader.

Your ticket to the ALMIGHTY GOD is Jesus Christ..I i am the way the truth and the life ...NO ONE COMETH UNTO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME

6 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Chigold101(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2017
ObaFemy:
Well, I'm not a member and I can't say all these are true. But, a pastor-friend of mine who is a member of Deeper Life, and is very gifted with prophecy and visions, once told me no one is allowed to share visions or prophecies, unless such visions and prophecies are validated and approved by Pastor W.F Kumuyi.
it is a good organisational strategy.
It is to help them stay away from false prophecy or those who use prophecy to course confusion.
no matter how angry you are once you joins a government you don't respond to thinks just as you think but you view things with the eyes of the man on top. Because even the slightest careless statement from you would be seen as the opinion of your principal.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by tosinjay(m): 9:06am On Dec 16, 2017
NoWorries7:
Don't know... I'm Planning to join them though. I really do like their simplicity. I need it.
Don't follow what this op said, if you need something close to what Christ wants of us go with deeper life. No be where una go dey drag who pay biggest tithe or give biggest donation/offerings, wear most expensive or finest cloth

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

• They are beholden to one man, Pastor Kumuiyi

Sir, everything you wrote here is very incorrect. I'm a member of this church and have gone very far with leadership and all you state here are not true.
if truly u r a pst, state your district, group or old group, let me ask more about you. then we can talk.
kumuyi said if he teaches you anything, find time to check if its true and if not throw such away.
As per cult group, I assume you belong to a cult group too because it takes a cult group to know another one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2017
Ferisidowu:
Hmmm though the Bible say let us not all be teachers-they receive more strict judgement ....
In my view the post and the later replies of the op doesn't show that he is so matured as to ever be or even to have left...... I'm not really a member......

But an op that doesn't need Jesus surely doesn't need God ....

As a matter of dlcm may not be filled with matured Christians yet it's better than some churches..

May God help us all
Amen

Even a true Muslim needs Jesus (they are not Muslims if they don't believe in Jesus). By true Muslim, I don't mean those fu*king bombers.

So I'm pretty surprised at the op when he said he doesn't need Jesus.

btw, I'm a Muslim

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by lonikit: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2017
I'm a member. the op is not objective here.some of his points are true why some are not. indeed, there are doctrines that I dont believe sha. e.g will of God in marriage and marriage restitution.
no pastor is my standard, only the bible is the standard.

no church is perfect but that doesn't make u equate a church of God to cult group. that is so derogatory.
u nid God's mercy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by enimooko: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2017
Are the Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body a cult?

Is the Pope a cult?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Reference(m): 9:08am On Dec 16, 2017
dav9ice0416:
OP you need Jesus.....cuz u'r a disgrace to the christiandom

He is not a Christian. True Christianity is founded in love. All he does is fault finding of individuals, doctrines and churches the Bible itself indicates happens. There is the church at Corinth, the church at Ephesus, the church at Rome. These represent various doctrines and denominations we have today. All acceptable to God as children of differing characters in a home that brings the beauty of His family. Instead of focusing on the things that will bring about harmony, understanding and progress he continues to sow discord. What will he say to God was his mission on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 9:08am On Dec 16, 2017
Frosbel or whatever you may be or call yourself

All what you've written up there is as a result of your ignorance or lack of understanding, if you don't like the church, clearly state it and let's know than for you to come out here claiming to be a worker for over 20yrs, who made you one?? No not in this church.

By their fruits we shall know them, you're certainly not one of us, because if you're with us you'll not be against us.

Repent of your sinful ways and embrace the work of salvation because hell is real

#Deeper life is not a cult.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by honey001(m): 9:09am On Dec 16, 2017
It's like the OP is excommunicated from the church due to one bad behaviour or something else.... You remember Satan? He was thrown out of hell cos of pride.... I think the same thing happened to this OP. Tell us the main reason you left the church and stop castigating the body of Christ.

4 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:09am On Dec 16, 2017
I'm not a deeper life member, I feel they are quite rigid. But for you to equate that ministry to a cult shows you've lost it. You need to reevaluate y

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by frankwyte: 9:12am On Dec 16, 2017
Even the devil know you can't succeed to bring DLBC down! All the point you raised are validated by the word of God. You can't put your wife away and married another without restitution! If you claim to be pastor for 20years you have no Holy Spirit to direct you? and bringing it to this forum is how your Bible tot you! You are indeed fake and need to be avoided.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Heartbender: 9:13am On Dec 16, 2017
Everyday people apply for satan to use them. If you're dissatisfied with the mode of doing things in DLBC why not port elsewhere than rubbish them? I don't agree with Roman Catholics,Anglicans, Jehovah's Witnesses but I will fight anyone who conjures the most bizarre things about them just to have cheap publicity. You need Jesus man...and repent from this irresponsible life of an irredeemable lunatic.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Oletubo(m): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2017
Pastor Kumuyi himself, in one of his videos on YouTube said lots of things were deliberately added (not as the bible commands) in order to keep members away from what he believes would lead them to sin.

He however promised to stop most of all these "personal addition".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Mike Bamiloye Reacts / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex / There Are Plans To Assassinate Buhari – Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.