Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years (573 Views)

Female Student Writes Love Letter To Corper To Be His Sugar Girl (Photos) / Rivers State University Student Writes Open Letter To The University's VC / AAUA Student Writes Emotional Letter As He Drop Out Over High Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years by kingtobi95: 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
A Nigerian student has taken to Facebook to write about how he finally passed NECO exams after 7 years of being out of school.

Solomon Bartholomew in a lenghty post on facebook, wrote about the hurdles he had to go through in life, including losing his mother.

Despite his mates being graduates and some serving in the NYSC, he says he doen’t feel an inch of underachievement

Anxious to check his result, he finally did and saw he passed with 8 credits and 1 Good.

Read his full write-up below

“…and I checked my NECO result today. After 7 years.

Last week, I wrote an article on personal timing that went viral, where I founded that my classmates have been done with school since two years ago and some serving this year, meanwhile I haven’t even been to the university.

That nobody defines when it’s prestigious to reach a height in life. Whether to get married, or get a job, or get a degree. We could be classmates but not purpose or destiny mates, hence life will happen to us very differently.

I was done with high school in 2010. I went to a science school, and my results were bad.
Life happened, I went to serve as ‘NWABOY’ as ensured by my dad. So schooling was the last thing on my mind, tho I was a voracious reader.

Mom died. Things got bad and all other penury that happened.

Getting my O’ level was the last thing on my mind. No funds, and life wasn’t just favourable.

I remember an uncle of mine telling me to rewrite, that he’d sponsor. When time for registration came, he didn’t pick my calls again ever.

Well, a lot happened and I decided to rewrite NECO this year. I wasn’t loud about it. Just members of my tribe knew.

Do you know what it’s like to go back to write an exam after a whooping 7 years of being out of curriculum?

I read my best. Prayed my best. And took each paper with the best of me. This time around I rewrote for social science, and art, as I am looking at a career in social work or psychology to help boost me as a life coach and prospective psychotherapist. Whenever God wills.

Today when I read in the news that the results were out. I got anxious, but to end the anxiety, I got off to get the scratch card and check my result.

I saw 8 credits. 1 Good.
I screamed. I cried.

Yes, you might feel it’s too small an achievement, but this is personal to me. Very personal. The crucibles of life’s experience that surrounded my life. The uncertainty of many things. The unusual timing.

I decided to share this here, because I do not feel any inch of underachievement ‘cos my mates have bagged their degrees and I just got my SSCE.

A lot of people hardly believe I am not a graduate. It’s understandable.
I have poured a lot of development into myself resulting to how much I have inspired and motivated lives.

That is one reason I am proud of me.
I might not have what my mates have but I have what they admire, what they seek, what they consult and pay me for.

And a woman said to me today:

“Getting a university education for you now is just to add to your accolades. You have been trained in the university of life.”

Life has taught me some lessons in my short span of existence.

That we should never compare ourselves to anyone even if they were our classmates.

God will never give you a thing because he gave it to your mate, he’d give you because it is his purpose for you.
Stop killing yourself by comparison.

There’s no general timing for success.
When your time comes, you’ll have it.
And the very best time is when it comes; God’s time.

Your mates might have gotten their degrees, and gotten married. Working with a good pay.
And if you’re not, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re late. It doesn’t mean they are better..

It means that we all have personal timing ordained by God for our affairs.

In his own time he makes all things beautiful, not in the time of your mates.

You may SHARE

See more at>> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/nigerian-student-writes-finally-passed-neco-7-years/

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44

Re: Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years by Edopesin: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
I am not understanding Neco and their Obsession with Credit ooo sad
Extraordinary
Re: Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years by collinometricx: 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
cry
Re: Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years by hazan041(m): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
finally you passed the first test by your village people
Re: Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years by akinade28(f): 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
Congrats bro, may better things come ur way soon
Re: Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years by MhizzAJ(f): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
Glory be to God
Re: Nigerian Student Writes How He Finally Passed NECO After 7 Years by Ramwab94(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
No matter how hard you try, You cannot pass and get grades more than C. Everything in Nigeria will kill you. NECO is not a differer.

(1) (Reply)

INTRODUCING : PROJECT 57,000 / Kaduna State Government To Sack Local Government Staff. / Need Idea / Contribution From Anyone On My Mastmaster's Thesis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.