Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (21164 Views)

'Mary Mother Of Jesus Christ Mosque' Spotted In Dubai - Photos / Concerning The Conception Of Jesus, Allah Blew Into The ﻓَﺮْﺝ Farjaha Of Mary / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by impossible27(m): 8:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jolar101:

Nigeria will never be Islamic nation. So stop lying to yourself. You can't brainwashed everybody.

I believe in spirituality.

Guy kilode? We de talk same thing nah.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
impossible27:

Guy kilode? We de talk same thing nah.

You bet.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by kingthreat(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
BALLOSKI:
lol...this people sef. He died for our sin and we still have sinners.

A fooł says in his heart " There is no God"
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by kingthreat(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Your belief is that a God gave his only son to die for the sins of the men he created. He could not forgive them without shedding someone's blood. No wonder we hear ritualists too use human blood.

Ignorance
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
LordOsix:

6. We believe that he did not die and his enemies the Jews did not kill him, rather Allaah saved him from them and raised him up to heaven alive.

8. We believe that he will come back down at the end of time, and will disprove the claim of his enemies the Jews that they killed him, and will disprove the claim of the Christians that he is God or the son of God, and he will not accept anything from them but Islam.

9. Then he will die and the Muslims will offer the funeral prayer for him and bury him.

Beautiful article but I don't believe in these. Truly, he didn't die on the cross and was neither raised to heaven but he migrated to India where he lived for over 100yrs of age before he died a natural death. My humble submission.

This position was arrived at from the Qur'an and authentic hadith. That your position is incorrect and it's the Qadianiyyah version which makes it easy to adjudge Ghulam Ahmad as a Prophet.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
impossible27:

Yes buddy. Jesus is the son of God for he says "i am the way, the thruth and the the light. no one comes to the father exept through him". in john 3, 16 he is the son of God. and of course mary is the mother of "God the son" (jesus)

And lastly. God is not 3 instead there are 3 persons in one God namely
1. God the father. (yaweh)
2. God the son (jesus).
3. God the holyspirit (the advocator).

Let me advice u. U dont need a cave man to tell u what to belive. U need ur inner spirit to show u the way.

Please Mr. Inner spirit, can your inner spirit tell us when the world will end?

Bogus!
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by LordOsix(m): 11:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

This position was arrived at from the Qur'an and authentic hadith. That your position is incorrect and it's the Qadianiyyah version which makes it easy to adjudge Ghulam Ahmad as a Prophet.
So, are you saying there's another version of the Qur'an?
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by murtaj(m): 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
goingape1:
john 3:16

for God so love the world that he give his only and begotten son (Jesus), who ever believe in him shall no perish and have a everlasting life.

Read Genesis! you will know the God we are referring to here!

How many sons did God have??......... So many as mentioned in the Bible
Luke 3:38, Psalm 2:7, 2 Samuel 7:12 ,
14, 16, Isaiah 9:6 and so on.

Back to the question.... Is Jesus God? If yes, who is the God is he calling upon??

1 Like

Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 23, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Yes, Allah commands us to obey Muhammad just as the Egyptians was commanded to follow Moses. The Prophets are sent to the People by Allah for them to obey Him through them. Jesus and Muhammad were men and they never claimed divinity.

Allah commands...indeed...why were the "tolerant verses" preaching peace "revealed" when mohammed was in mecca with only few followers, and more "violent verses" calling for war revealed when he was in medina and had alot more followers? Go study the wars fought by the Isrealites.
Who was Jabr? Was he the one referred to in surah 16:104 or they are more? How come you have so much similarities in the stories of the non-canonical infancy gospels about Jesus and Mary and those in the quran?
How do you explain surah 2: 106 when allah is supposed to know the end of each matter from the beginning? And how can the all knowing allah say christians worship mary as the third Person of the Trinity, besides mixing her for Mariam, of the old testament who was Aarons sister? There is also the issue of the samaritans meeting with moses before they were even born.
There is no compulsion in islam right, but how come apostacy is punishable by decapitation and you are commamded to treat non-believers harshly and terrorize them, I thought allah is supposed to be the most merciful and most benevolent? Why does he also promote domestic violence and child abuse...even a 9 year old child that most likely hasnt even started seeing her menses...please!
Allah who "acts" like a human subject to correction and change, is obviously nothing but an invention by prophet mohammed to give some sense to his self-seeking stories.
Btw how come there are numerous prophecies about Jesus Christ the Messiah from the Old Testament Prophets, from His Virgin Birth to His Righteous and humble Life and death but nothing about this your great prophet mohammed? Did "allah" forget to reveal this his special great prophet to the earlier Prophets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 23, 2017
kattytamer:

Allah commands...indeed...why were the "tolerant verses" preaching peace "revealed" when mohammed was in mecca with only few followers, and more "violent verses" calling for war revealed when he was in medina and had alot more followers? Go study the wars fought by the Isrealites.
Who was Jabr? Was he the one referred to in surah 16:104 or they are more? How come you have so much similarities in the stories of the non-canonical infancy gospels about Jesus and Mary and those in the quran?
How do you explain surah 2: 106 when allah is supposed to know the end of each matter from the beginning? And how can the all knowing allah say christians worship mary as the third Person of the Trinity, besides mixing her for Mariam, of the old testament who was Aarons sister? There is also the issue of the samaritans meeting with moses before they were even born.
There is no compulsion in islam right, but how come apostacy is punishable by decapitation and you are commamded to treat non-believers harshly and terrorize them, I thought allah is supposed to be the most merciful and most benevolent? Why does he also promote domestic violence and child abuse...even a 9 year old child that most likely hasnt even started seeing her menses...please!
Allah who "acts" like a human subject to correction and change, is obviously nothing but an invention by prophet mohammed to give some sense to his self-seeking stories.
Btw how come there are numerous prophecies about Jesus Christ the Messiah from the Old Testament Prophets, from His Virgin Birth to His Righteous and humble Life and death but nothing about this your great prophet mohammed? Did "allah" forget to reveal this his special great prophet to the earlier Prophets?
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by udatso: 7:26am On Sep 23, 2017
impossible27:

Yes buddy. Jesus is the son of God for he says "i am the way, the thruth and the the light. no one comes to the father exept through him". in john 3, 16 he is the son of God. and of course mary is the mother of "God the son" (jesus)

And lastly. God is not 3 instead there are 3 persons in one God namely
1. God the father. (yaweh)
2. God the son (jesus).
3. God the holyspirit (the advocator).

Let me advice u. U dont need a cave man to tell u what to belive. U need ur inner spirit to show u the way.
Who is the everlasting father? Who is the Almighty God?
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by impossible27(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Please Mr. Inner spirit, can your inner spirit tell us when the world will end?

Bogus!
Unknown. Only God (the father, the son, and the holy spirit) knows
Did your cave man told u when it wil end?
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by impossible27(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2017
udatso:
Who is the everlasting father? Who is the Almighty God?
I just stated it in my post nah. Cant u comprehend?
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by impossible27(m): 8:25am On Sep 23, 2017
murtaj:

How many sons did God have??......... So many as mentioned in the Bible
Luke 3:38, Psalm 2:7, 2 Samuel 7:12 ,
14, 16, Isaiah 9:6 and so on.

Back to the question.... Is Jesus God? If yes, who is the God is he calling upon??
There are 3 persons in one God.
1. God the father (yaweh)
2. God the son (jesus)
F. God the holy spirit.
So if jesus (the son) is one of the person in this same God, that means he is a God.

To answer ur first question, jesus is the on son of the father. You can see it during his baptism and transfiguration when the father said "this is my beloved son which whom i am well pleased"
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by udatso: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2017
impossible27:

I just stated it in my post nah. Cant u comprehend?
actually you didn't. You talked of the father, son and Holy Spirit . The question is simple enough. Who is then the everlasting father ? Who is the almighty God? If it's impossible to answer just say so and move on.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by impossible27(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2017
udatso:
actually you didn't. You talked of the father, son and Holy Spirit . The question is simple enough. Who is then the everlasting father ? Who is the almighty God? If it's impossible to answer just say so and move on.
The almighty God are the three because they are same God.

the father is yaweh. oi u can call him the evalasting father.

in the bible, jesus told his disciples "i am in my father and the father is in me" john 10. 38. that will show u how a close relationship the father is to jesus.

John 14. 8 jesus said "to have seen me is to have seen the father"
All these wil answer ur question
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Bigboss111(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2017
kingthreat:

I wasn't arguing. Simply telling you whom Yeshua is to me. God bless
It is okay my brother.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by udatso: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2017
impossible27:

The almighty God are the three because they are same God.

the father is yaweh. oi u can call him the evalasting father.

in the bible, jesus told his disciples "i am in my father and the father is in me" john 10. 38. that will show u how a close relationship the father is to jesus.

John 14. 8 jesus said "to have seen me is to have seen the father"
All these wil answer ur question
Good. Now you have made an effort to answer the question. Now read further to John 14: 20 and John 17:21. Now that we are in him who is in the father and you call him God, aren't we Gods too by implication?

John 14:20.
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
and
John 17:21
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by hanastazia(f): 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2017
adexuxin:
Christians in the house no quarells if you wanna make a point, make it, if have questions,ask.

This is one of the evidence of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) from the bible.
Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."
The Comforter is The Holy Spirit. He's our standby, Comforter, Counsellor, Strength, Advocate..not Mohammad.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by murtaj(m): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
impossible27:

2. God the son (jesus)
F. God the holy spirit.
So if jesus (the son) is one of the person in this same God, that means he is a God.

To answer ur first question, jesus is the on son of the father. You can see it during his baptism and transfiguration when the father said "this is my beloved son which whom i am well pleased"

In a lay man language..... Do you mean 3 king in one throne
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Haroun13(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
kattytamer:

Allah commands...indeed...why were the "tolerant verses" preaching peace "revealed" when mohammed was in mecca with only few followers, and more "violent verses" calling for war revealed when he was in medina and had alot more followers?
The verses of the Qur'an were revealed in stages, depending on the time, situation or circumstance.

Go study the wars fought by the Isrealites.
How do you explain surah 2: 106 when allah is supposed to know the end of each matter from the beginning?
Allah knows his creation, and as such, revealed his verses in stages, so as to make comprehension and compliance easy.
Now let me ask you. Why did your lord and personal saviour, Jesus (pbuh) not come down to die as soon as Adam was put on the earth? Why did he wait till billions of people (everyone who lived before his alleged crucifixion) were condemned to hell before coming?

And how can the all knowing allah say christians worship mary as the third Person of the Trinity,

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. [Qur'an 5:116]
First, trinity is not mentioned here.
Second, go and do your research, it is no news that many Christian denominations in the past, and even present also consider(ed) Mary to be divine. And I wouldn't blame them. Afterall, a man cannot give birth to a god, only a god can beget a god. Just like a goat cannot beget a man and vice versa.
Third, your argument is based on the fact that your trinity of Father, son and holy ghost is the true trinity, and not those of other Christians which consist of father, mother and son. And I am here to tell you now that whatever trinity combo you have, Allah denounces and condemns.

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger from Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Three": desist: It will be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. [Qur'an 4:171]

besides mixing her for Mariam, of the old testament who was Aarons sister?
First, it's not Mariam but Maryam.
Second, quote a verse of the Qur'an to buttress your point because it is rather ambiguous.
Third, if your problem is with spelling, then please tell me the difference between the names; Mary, Maryam or Maria, if not language.

There is also the issue of the samaritans meeting with moses before they were even born.
There is no compulsion in islam right, but how come apostacy is punishable by decapitation
Apostasy is only punishable by death in a situation of war.

and you are commamded to treat non-believers harshly and terrorize them,
When Allah commands us to say; For you is your religion, and for me is my religion. (Qur'an 109:6)?
When Allah says; "Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful". (Qur'an 4:36)
And a ton of others.

I thought allah is supposed to be the most merciful and most benevolent?
And you thought right.

Why does he also promote domestic violence
When Allah says;
"And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought". (Qur'an 30:21)

and child abuse...even a 9 year old child that most likely hasnt even started seeing her menses...please!
Explain further and provide proof.

Bring your evidence.
Let me now show you a "God" who acts like a human.

Isaiah 5:26. King James Version
And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

Jeremiah 15:6
King James Bible
Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.

2 Samuel 22:9
King James Bible
There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful".(Qur'an 7:157)
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by murtaj(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
impossible27:

2. God the son (jesus)
F. God the holy spirit.

In lay man language.......... Do you mean 3 king in one throne
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by murtaj(m): 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
hanastazia:
The Comforter is The Holy Spirit. He's our standby, Comforter, Counsellor, Strength, Advocate..not Mohammad.

According to the Bible, who is the Comforter?
The Comforter is called the Spirit of Truth.

Jesus says, "But when he, the Spirit of Truth
comes, he will guide you into all truth"
John 16:13.
Please dear who is he coming
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
[quote author=Haroun13 post=60756427]
The verses of the Qur'an were revealed in stages, depending on the time, situation or circumstance.

...more like the verses of the quran were "revealed" based on the situation allah cum mohammed found himself...when at a disadvantage- be tolerant and peaceful, at other times- go on rampage.

Allah knows his creation, and as such, revealed his verses in stages, so as to make comprehension and compliance easy.
Now let me ask you. Why did your lord and personal saviour, Jesus (pbuh) not come down to die as soon as Adam was put on the earth? Why did he wait till billions of people (everyone who lived before his alleged crucifixion) were condemned to hell before coming?

You should have asked why God "planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden" instead...anyway I dont know how you arrived at the number of people condemned to hell...or hades, but the Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah came at a chosen time in accordancce with the scriptures, after it was necessary to "give man the chance" to live in accordance to the Will of God Almighty by obeying His commandments...but like your quran also tells you, no one is found completely righteous in the Sight of God except Jesus Christ who is the only faultless or righteous servant, who died for the sins of many (Isaiah 49:1-12;& 53) hence the fact NO ONE IS SAVED BY HIS OWN WORKS BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD...is Jesus Christ one with God? Yes sir, you should read the Book of Daniel 7:13-14,27; and Chap 9 also before you choose your next words. True there were so who considered Mary the mother of Jesus as a God among those who followed the apocrypha, and they were a minority, but curiously why did mohammed choose what minority followed to give an example? Was he actually aware of the Holy Spirit as One of the Trinity? Who is Jabr? Why are apocryphal stories found in the quran like Jesus speaking during infancy and turning clay birds to live birds at childhood? Could it be due to what mohammed heard from...Jabr or not?....the witch cries at night and a baby dies the next morg is just a co-incidence though.
And you still havent explained the essence surah 2:106 coming from a god supposed to know the end from the beginning.

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. [Qur'an 5:116]
Trinity is the short for "Two Others with Me..."
Second, go and do your research, it is no news that many Christian denominations in the past, and even present also consider(ed) Mary to be divine. And I wouldn't blame them. Afterall, a man cannot give birth to a god, only a god can beget a god. Just like a goat cannot beget a man and vice versa.
Isaiah 7:14, 9:6-7 says it is possible.
Third, your argument is based on the fact that your trinity of Father, son and holy ghost is the true trinity, and not those of other Christians which consist of father, mother and son. And I am here to tell you now that whatever trinity combo you have, Allah denounces and condemns.
O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger from Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Three": desist: It will be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. [Qur'an 4:171]

Allah aka mohammed aka the antichrist or son of perdition has the right to say whatever he likes,that doesnt make him of the Truth or Way.

Second, quote a verse of the Qur'an to buttress your point because it is rather ambiguous.
Third, if your problem is with spelling, then please tell me the difference between the names; Mary, Maryam or Maria, if not language.
Mary/maryam or whichever way you understand exactly who i refer to.
Check surah 19:27-28, & surah 66:12; we all know from Moses had a sister miriam,a brother aaron, and their father was amram, maybe its just another coincidence Mary or Maryam the Mother of Jesus Christ had a brother called Aaron and her father was Amram also...

Okay welldone merciful one...but there is no compulsion o

When Allah commands us to say; For you is your religion, and for me is my religion. (Qur'an 109:6)?
When Allah says; "Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful". (Qur'an 4:36)
And a ton of others...but still apostacy is punishable by decapitation and quran 2:191; 9:123, sahih bukhari 1.2.24-25 says what? Infact 2:191 says persecution is worse than slaughter...then what exactly is "personal jihad"?

And you thought right...but from the above he doesnt show tolerance and love,sorry u are wrong.

When Allah says;
"And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought". (Qur'an 30:21)

But still you should beat your wives when they err...and when husbands err wives should beat them up as well...violence is bad dude.

Explain what? How old Aisha was when Mohammed consumated the marriage or what? You know your hadith better than I do so correct if im wrong to say she was just about a 9 years old child...thats actually not child abuse i guess.

Bring your evidence.

My points are my evidences, from "his" commands one could infer he is just the wishful imagination of an usurper...btw I heard mohammed was bewitched and at a point he was hallucinating things...hope you know what B.A.D; major episode: schizophrenia means? You should check on it with the symptoms.

And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:but how do nations come with speed?

King James Bible
Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.
Thats The True Merciful God who gives people repeated opportunities to repent, but they keep abusing The Grace till Judgement suddenly comes.

King James Bible
There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
Do you also bring out fire from your mouth Funny you no longer know the meaning of figures of speech.

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful".(Qur'an 7: 157)

My friend there is nothing written about the unlettered prophet by the Prophets of the Old Testament...The New Testament refers to him as the son of perdition or antichrist or false apostle.

1 Like

Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by hanastazia(f): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
murtaj:

According to the Bible, who is the Comforter?
The Comforter is called the Spirit of Truth.

Jesus says, "But when he, the Spirit of Truth
comes, he will guide you into all truth"
John 16:13.
Please dear who is he coming
Who is hr coming or when is he coming? And hope you're not thinking Mohammad is the spirit of truth? he's not a spirit. The comforter is the spirit of Truth, the Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit whom has long came.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 23, 2017
[quote author=Haroun13 post=60756427]

...more like the verses of the quran were "revealed" based on the situation allah cum mohammed found himself...when at a disadvantage- be tolerant and peaceful, at other times- go on rampage.

You should have asked why God "planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden" instead...anyway I dont know how you arrived at the number of people condemned to hell...or hades, but the Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah came at a chosen time in accordancce with the scriptures, after it was necessary to "give man the chance" to live in accordance to the Will of God Almighty by obeying His commandments, using the nation of Isreal as an example for all...but like your quran also tells you, no one is found completely righteous in the Sight of God except Jesus Christ who is the only faultless or righteous servant, who died for the sins of many (Isaiah 49:1-12;& 53) hence the fact NO ONE IS SAVED BY HIS OWN WORKS BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD...is Jesus Christ one with God? Yes sir, you should read the Book of Daniel 7:13-14,27; Chap 9, and Isaiah 9:6-7 also before you choose your next words. True there were some who considered Mary the mother of Jesus as a god among those who followed the apocrypha, and they were a minority, but curiously why did mohammed choose what minority followed to give an example? Was he actually aware of the Holy Spirit? Who is Jabr? Why are apocryphal stories found in the quran like Jesus speaking during infancy and turning clay birds to live birds at childhood? Could it be due to what mohammed heard from...Jabr or not?....the witch cries at night and a baby dies the next morg is just a co-incidence though.
And you still havent explained the essence surah 2:106 coming from a god supposed to know the end from the beginning.

Check surah 19:27-28, & surah 66:12; we all know from Moses had a sister miriam,a brother aaron, and their father was amram, maybe its just another coincidence Mary or Maryam the Mother of Jesus Christ had a brother called Aaron and her father was Amram also...

Okay welldone merciful one...no compulsion right?

And a ton of others...but still apostacy is punishable by decapitation and quran 2:191; 9:123, sahih bukhari 1.2.24-25 says what? Infact 2:191 says persecution is worse than slaughter...world people!

And you thought right...but from the above he doesnt show tolerance and love,sorry u are wrong.

When Allah says;

But still you should beat your wives when they err...and when husbands err wives should beat them up as well...violence is bad dude.

Explain what? How old Aisha was when Mohammed consumated the marriage or what? You know your hadith better than I do so correct if im wrong to say she was just about a 9 years old child...thats actually not child abuse i guess.

Bring your evidence.

My points are my evidences, from "his" commands one could infer he is just the wishful imagination of an usurper...btw I heard mohammed was bewitched and at a point he was hallucinating things...hope you know what B.A.D; major episode: schizophrenia means? You should check on it with the symptoms.

And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:but how do nations come with speed?

King James Bible
Thats The True Merciful God who gives people repeated opportunities to repent, but they keep abusing The Grace till Judgement suddenly comes.

King James Bible
Do you also bring out fire from your mouth

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful".(Qur'an 7: 157)

My friend there is nothing written about the unlettered prophet by the Prophets of the Old Testament...The New Testament refers to him as the son of perdition or antichrist or false apostle.

1 Like

Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2017
impossible27:

Unknown. Only God (the father, the son, and the holy spirit) knows

Did your cave man told u when it wil end?

Stop this...it's better to keep quiet if we don't know things or else we'll expose our ignorance.

Jesus said in the Bible that only the father knows it and he doesn't.

Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa Salam doesn't know it too. Only Allah knows best.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2017
kattytamer:

Please reframe your question to corelate with the post or create another thread and tag me.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2017
LordOsix:
So, are you saying there's another version of the Qur'an?

No the Arabic Qur'an is one but the interpretation of the texts matters! And this is one of the cause of crises in today's Muslim world.

We need to understand the Qur'an just as the people it was revealed to understood it.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by LordOsix(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

No the Arabic Qur'an is one but the interpretation of the texts matters! And this is one of the cause of crises in today's Muslim world.

We need to understand the Qur'an just as the people it was revealed to understood it.

Can you point out some instances where the interpretations are wrong.
Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Hadone(m): 9:55am On Sep 24, 2017
UnknownT:
Among all the above listed prophets, Why is it only Prophet Mohammed that doesn't have a biblical name?
This is for the simple fact that all the above mentioned prophets were sent by God during and prior to the holy bible, while Muhammad is the last prophet sent by God almighty. And Muhammad was sent to mankind decades after the revelation of the holy bible

1 Like

Re: What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) by Haroun13(m): 10:04am On Sep 24, 2017
kattytamer:

Congratulations. Since you already had your hypothesis which you did not plan to give up even when a proven theory was shown to you, why ask in the first place.

You should have asked why God "planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden" instead...
And I would not ask such a question from someone who doesn't have the means to give a correct answer.
Allah simply asked them not to eat from a particular tree to test them, not a "tree of knowledge of good and evil".

anyway I dont know how you arrived at the number of people condemned to hell...or hades, but the Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah came at a chosen time in accordancce with the scriptures, after it was necessary to "give man the chance" to live in accordance to the Will of God Almighty by obeying His commandments...
You have no problem with writing "when it was necessary", but when you've been told that verses of the Qur'an were revealed according to circumstances, you let pride cloud your judgement. Why the double standards?

but like your quran also tells you, no one is found completely righteous in the Sight of God except Jesus Christ who is the only faultless or righteous servant, who died for the sins of many
Please where is the bolded found in the Qur'an?

(Isaiah 49:1-12;& 53) hence the fact NO ONE IS SAVED BY HIS OWN WORKS BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD...is Jesus Christ one with God? Yes sir, you should read the Book of Daniel 7:13-14,27; and Chap 9 also before you choose your next words.
I read them, with the exception of chapter 9, and I want to tell you now that just as it is not scientific to follow hypothesis, when there is a proven law, with which the hypothesis disagrees, so also it is irrational to follow a book that has errors, with inconsistent sources (look up Bart Erhman) while there is a book, perfect, and free from all forms of errors, whose source is well established.

True there were so who considered Mary the mother of Jesus as a God among those who followed the apocrypha, and they were a minority, but curiously why did mohammed choose what minority followed to give an example?
First, the verse was revealed by Allah.
Second, you seem to have misunderstood the point. That verse of the Qur'an like I said is not debating on which trinity is followed by majority or not, but is saying that you should not worship Jesus or his mother (peace be upon them) and I quoted another verse to show you that whatever combination of trinity you have, it has been condemned by Allah.

Was he actually aware of the Holy Spirit? Who is Jabr?
Who is Tom?
Doesn't Jabr have a last name? Or is it only one person that has been so name in this world? Be specific.

Why are apocryphal stories found in the quran like Jesus speaking during infancy and turning clay birds to live birds at childhood?
Apocryphal? I should be telling you about apocryphal.
I should be the one telling you about apocryphal. Your Gospels were written by anonymous people, in anonymous places, and there's thousands of them, all differing from the other, yet this is the core of your faith, and you talk to me about apocryphal?

Could it be due to what mohammed heard from...Jabr or not?....the witch cries at night and a baby dies the next morg is just a co-incidence though.

"We do not abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?" (Qur'an 2:106)

Do you know what it means to reveal something in stages? Why didn't your teachers tell you in KG1 that when KClO is decomposed, in the presence of Manganese(iv) oxide as catalyst, potassium chloride is formed and oxygen liberated? Right. Because you would not comprehend it, so you had to learn progressively.
And that was why I asked that according to your method of reasoning, if God according to your teaching knew that man would sin. If He did not, then I'm sorry. If He did, why didn't He send his son to die right from when Adam set foot on the earth.
And your answer would be; "it wasn't time" so why can't you understand that the verses where revealed in stages?

Okay? So what's your point?

Okay welldone merciful one.
I am not the Merciful one. All mercy comes from Allah.

...but still apostacy is punishable by decapitation and quran 2:191; 9:123, sahih bukhari 1.2.24-25 says what? Infact 2:191 says persecution is worse than slaughter...then what exactly is "personal jihad"?
Let's examine your evidences.

190. Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors. . 191. And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers. 192. And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (Qur'an 2:190-192)
123. O you who have believed, fight those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshness. And know that Allah is with the righteous. (Qur'an 9:12)
When I informed you of the fact that the verses of the Quran were revealed according to situations, you refused. Qur'an 9:123 speaks about the Jewish tribes, who were living with the Muslims, but broke their end of the treaty and sided with the enemy. Hence the use of "adjacent".

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives an property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."
I believe this is the hadith you are writing about. Let me ask you a question. Does fight always mean a physical confrontation? If yes, sorry. But if no, let's go on. The hadith spoke about fighting the people until they accept Islam. Do you think that means to kill? Because if someone is killed, I don't think they would be able to accept anything, unless you think otherwise. Also, do you think it means to beat? Because that is oppression and Allah forbids oppression. So what is it? It means to fight against their disbelief, and Allah says;
So do not obey the disbelievers, and strive against them with the Qur'an a great striving. (Qur'an 25:52)
I believe you can now see that your interpretations are unfounded. Always do well to read in context.

but from the above he doesnt show tolerance and love,sorry u are wrong.
Actually, from the above He shows stern opposition to oppression and permits self defense, and still, showed love, because after this, He still said;
"And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful" (Qur'an 2:192)

If you say she was 9, which is in accordance to the hadith, I have no problem, but if you say she was immature, then I have already treated that topic;

https://www.nairaland.com/3664401/jesus-vs-mohammad-how-both#54288940

Okay

That's The True Merciful God who gives people repeated opportunities to repent, but they keep abusing The Grace till Judgement suddenly comes.

Do you also bring out fire from your mouth
Smokers do.

Funny you no longer know the meaning of figures of speech.
Alright. Why don't you tell us the meaning.

That's like saying that because Neil Bohr's outdated model of the atom could only explain the hydrogen spectrum and could not explain the spectrum of other elements, then, the wave mechanics model of the atom which is even most correct, and can explain the spectrum of other elements apart from hydrogen is incorrect.
But let me tell you something. The name Muhammad is expressly mentioned in songs of Solomon, in Hebrew, but of course, your missionary brothers translated the name, in the English, such that you have "the praised one" instead of "Muhammad". Translating names is not done anywhere in literature except in the Bible of course, so as to continue brainwashing people. I bet if they put the name as it is, Christianity would lose more that half of it's followers, because you have no access to the Hebrew (which mind you was not even the language of Jesus), but rely solely on the English, which is translated for deceit. You can see now that even till date, the Bible is being tampered with, and undergoing reforms, and that's the word of God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking!chief Imam Of Abuja Is Dead / Isha'i, Ba'di And Qabli / Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.