Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone (21759 Views)

Please How Do I Trace My Lost Android Phone? / How To Track Your Lost Android Phone / Best Third Party Application For Finding Your Lost Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by piagetskinner(m): 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
how reliable is this app...have people recovered their phones using this app?
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by airsaylongcon: 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
piagetskinner:
how reliable is this app...have people recovered their phones using this app?

Unreliable at all for Androids. Technically savvy people can easily overcome it
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Kennykenty(m): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
My tip On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone is to save some cash and buy another one.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by adanny01(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
All these will not help properly.

The one i thought could help me but never did was AVG anti theft. It sent by mail, the serial number and network of a new sim that was inserted into my lost phone. I sent the wipe code but i dont know if it worked. The tracking wasn't successful too. The serial number of the sim didnt help since MTN would ask for police report before giving you. Infact MTN said they cant help, that i should give it to police to investigate.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by HMZi: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Lacomus:
grin My Phone wer lost on Saturday na, this procedure no fit help. the best option is to take the missing Phone IMEI to Police for tracking.
Nigerian police dey do am
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by piagetskinner(m): 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Unreliable at all for Androids. Technically savvy people can easily overcome it

toor...I for say....

would have been happy to recover my 2 months old gionee m5 stolen by one oloriburuku sombody
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Artistree: 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
veekid:
No be this naija na hn this go work; once you careless with your phone troway am, just forget it
Not true, someone stole my phone on the 14th of June. I tracked the phone to another state and picked him up...
He paid for my phone in full and sorted out the soldiers that picked him up.
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by chukzyfcbb: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
9jajoseph:
netqin anti-virus/mobile guard. It works bt once the phone is format, the netqin goes along with it
yea then came android o.s,lol
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Oshin56(m): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
this one na for obodo ilu oyinbo he fit work no be naija
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by vertueptime: 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
Iamdemola:
Cc
Lalasticlala

Dragnet

Ishilove

Honsule

Seun

Let me ask? Must u cc them before ur post will get to the promise land?

I find this act annoying, good writeup thou, oya make una ban me
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by centboy123456(m): 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
Lacomus:
grin My Phone wer lost on Saturday na, this procedure no fit help. the best option is to take the missing Phone IMEI to Police for tracking.

if someone do so will it work
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by centboy123456(m): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
I have it activated on my phone.

with these command at my mercy. I will frustrate your life.

even if you format the phone. if you put a new sim card, I will be sent the phone number of the sim that just came into it.

This feature I have been using even from the days of symbian, netqin or so (Nokia e63)

bro how those dis work pls tell me more
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by maxnedu11(m): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
Lacomus:
imei numbers can also be changed, the remedy is keep you properties carefully.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by honsule(m): 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
clems88:
Phone wey don lost don lost

not in all cases o. a phone stolen since June, 2017 a guy(a police) track it just last week and got the phone from a woman's hand. she said her husband bought the phone in the vicinity it was stolen.( the tracking cost 20k depend on the phone model) i have given same person(police guy) my imei and email to track my own M5 that was stolen from me last month. i will keep u posted

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by honsule(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
maxnedu11:
imei numbers can also be changed, the remedy is keep you properties carefully.

thief go come dey think of changing imei?very rare

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by honsule(m): 9:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
Artistree:

Not true, someone stole my phone on the 14th of June. I tracked the phone to another state and picked him up...

quite possible. have seen it

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by clems88(m): 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
honsule:

not in all cases o. a phone stolen since June, 2017 a guy(a police) track it just last week and got the phone from a woman's hand. she said her husband bought the phone in the vicinity it was stolen.( the tracking cost 20k depend on the phone model) i have given same person(police guy) my imei and email to track my own M5 that was stolen from me last month. i will keep u posted
hmm
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by centboy123456(m): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Artistree:

how did u do it
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by maisauki: 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
once your phone is lost, jus go report to d police
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by kindkingsley: 8:48am On Sep 20, 2017
how is it possible? pls educate me. thanks

quote author=honsule post=60631620]

not in all cases o. a phone stolen since June, 2017 a guy(a police) track it just last week and got the phone from a woman's hand. she said her husband bought the phone in the vicinity it was stolen.( the tracking cost 20k depend on the phone model) i have given same person(police guy) my imei and email to track my own M5 that was stolen from me last month. i will keep u posted[/quote]
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by chat2deen(m): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2017
For samsung phones, it's very easy to track when lost or stolen. So many of us don't know the use of "my samsung account" which is embedded in almost all samsung phone. Its mostly found under account, make sure you create the account before the phone gets missing. Once my samsung accoun created you can log to www.findmysamsungphone.com or type "find my samsung phone" in google and it will give the correct url. Once get to the home page of the samsung website login your username and password and there features that can help you locate your phone, you can even retrieve the call log of the person using your phone and his location. [b][/b]Note: the phone must be connected to GPRS before you can achieve good result. My phone was stolen twice but I was able to locate the phone

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by scarycuteface(m): 7:02am On Sep 21, 2017
This is extremely useful. Can it work on my new Tecno Spark phone?
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Ennyholar: 7:41am On Sep 21, 2017
scarycuteface:

Since your device is Android it should work.
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by MicNz(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2017
chat2deen:
For samsung phones, it's very easy to track when lost or username and password and there features that can help you locate your phone, you can even retrieve the call log of the person using your phone and his location. [b][/b]Note: the phone must be connected to GPRS before you can achieve good result. My phone was stolen twice but I was able to locate the phone
Guy it's me. Your roommate in afsb second batch. AB 41.
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by MicNz(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2017
scarycuteface:
Ennyholar:

Since your device is Android it should work.
Yes... Google offers such services for Android users too. You can call your phone from your Googlephone account. Even if it's switched off, it will ring. Plus, you can also locate it if the location setting is switched on.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
scarycuteface:

It will definitely work. Try it out
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by chat2deen(m): 11:32am On Sep 30, 2017
MicNz:

Me Guy? U have missed it, I was never a candidate at ur afsb may be u ask ur friend AB 6 (Nnamdi) to tell him I am in that place

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by MicNz(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
chat2deen:

Me Guy? U have missed it, I was never a candidate at ur afsb may be u ask ur friend AB 6 (Nnamdi) to tell him I am in that place
Sorry.. Who you be then? Coz Nnamdi often mention your username
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by NNAMDIII(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
MicNz:

werey your bunk mate AD03 moniker is Benedictjohn

MicNz:

Sorry.. Who you be then? Coz Nnamdi often mention your username
He's one of the nairalanders i told that showed me Love
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by NNAMDIII(m): 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
chat2deen:

Good evening sir, how have you been? I Lost your contacts cry
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by MicNz(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
NNAMDIII:
werey your bunk mate AD03 moniker is Benedictjohn

He's one of the nairalanders i told that showed me Love
Lol... Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline / When Last Did You Switch Off Your Phone ? / Tecno P9, Tecno S5, & D9 Released For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.