Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Nigerian - Canadian College Commemorate 1-year In Style - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian - Canadian College Commemorate 1-year In Style (1145 Views)

Visa Denial: Canadian College Withholds Nigerian Applicant’s Fees (pics) / University Of Benin Girls Celebrate Easter In Style (Photos) / FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian - Canadian College Commemorate 1-year In Style by okrote4real: 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
It was a day to remember at the Nigeria –Canadian College, Abuja when the school celebrated her one year of existence as a school.

The smiles could be seen on the faces of the teachers, children and the proprietress who were happy that they have come thus far.

In an interview with the Founder, Nigeria – Canadian College Abuja, (Amb) Halima A. Suleiman who couldn’t hide her joy thank God for making her see the first year of her school after the challenges she has encountered in making sure the school is what it is today.

Amb. Halima Abubakar presented with an award
“Today mark the first 365days of Nigeria – Canadian College existence, we have grown in strength and number, in truth and freedom, engaging students, empowering and enlightening them.
“In Nigerian-Canadian College, we are building a warm, welcoming and nurturing environment for our children. Hence the one-on-one attention shown by the teachers to make our children feel comfortable and be successful.

“I want to use this opportunity to thank my founding management team and staff, who have worked tirelessly in making NCC Abuja a dream come through. Thanks to everyone who have supported our mission for the past 365days, and to those who will continue to allow the school to provide our students the best opportunity to learn, grow and excel as young people.
“I also want to give a special shout out to the founding families who took the challenge upon themselves to provide a private, independent and thriving school for their children. We pray that God Almighty will continue to give us wisdom, knowledge and understanding to lead our students’ in the right path, “she said.
In a related development, the school received a special guest who showered encomiums on Hajiya Suleiman and the staff making sure the school gets to that height.

In an interview with Dr. Okenwa Gabriel, the Executive Director, Partnerships and Strategy Bank of Industry (BOA) and an associate professor with the Univeristy of Califonia who also doubles as a strategist and a reseach fellow, said the gesture by Hajiya Halima must be supported not only by the government but various individuals who believe in the fundamental growth of Nigerian youths and education.
According to him, what he saw in the school which is just celebrating a year in existence is mind blowing and believes and with support, she will set the pace for good learning enviroment.

“This is one Nigeria that epitomizes height of excellence. She is an embodiment of love and sincerity. I am more or less an educationist. She has come from the perspective of warmth and readiness to take her school to the next level. In terms of what I have seen, the facilities are lovely. Her enthusiasm to kick start what would become a citadel of academic excellence even with the few numbers of students makes her a great educationist and someone who is focused to achieve her set goals. I also see this school beating the Loyola Jesuit College of today because the environment and the teachers are wonderfully happy to do their jobs.

“I urge her to keep on keeping on. Let me end with what I always believe and develop during the cause of my studies. I fight to leave a legacy worthy of emulation, my good God, where I cannot, let me be brave in the attempt. Also Frantz Fanon said that you only become what you are by the radical and deep seeded refusal of that which others have made of us. I call on government to give her all the support because I see this place become an annex of the bigger things. Canada is known for education and the union between both countries will go along way,”he concluded.
View more photos on http://okrote..com.ng/2017/09/nigerian-canadian-college-commemorate-1.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

With D7 In Economics And E8 In Financial Accounting. / Top 10 Quotes Of Stephen Hawking As He Dies At 76 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.