Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly (45114 Views)

Tijjani Muhammad-Bande Elected United Nations General Assembly President / Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Demmzy15(m): 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
I love the speech, he virtually spoke about all the current challenges we are facing today; Myanmar, Palestine, refugee crisis, Iraaq, Afghanistan, Syria.

Nice one Baba!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by RomeSankara: 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
A careful analysis shows Buhari speech was just about the protection of Sunni Muslims , his condemnation of Govt Crack down on Rohingya Muslims is another major milestone in the anals of Hypocrisy because the Crack down has cost about 2000 lives over a long period while Buhari is on record to have killed and buried over 1000 Unarmed Shias including sleeping women plus children and buried the without recourse to a ounce of remorse or humanity, he is also reputed to have continuous endorsed the Fulani expansionist pogram program under his watch where Fulani herdsmen under his guidance have killed over 3500 people and displaced many more and of recent is the unfortunate Crack down on unarmed Igbo people of which over 500 have been mowed down unjustly under his watch ...People like Buhari's shouldn't be allowed to speak on issued of human rights at all

2 Likes

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by rhektor(m): 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
yim:
How does all he said affect us directly in anyway?
How does this solve our domestic challenges?
What is our business with North Korea and US wahala?
I bet he didn't write this speech cos he was sick half the time all the nuclear threats were made.

Oh Lord, we need someone that will take our problems to the UN.
We have security issues, Biafra agitation yet unsolved, unemployment sky rocketing; I expected his speech to even propel foreign participation in Nigeria to increase employment. And on how they can help us return our stolen money to us not all what he just read out.

I guess you need a beggar not a president.
Read the speech again this time without sentiment and then analyze it critically. Tell me if Nigeria wasn't in the picture of all he said

2 Likes

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by ngmgeek(m): 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
Empty seats. Our image has been damaged irreparably lipsrsealed
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by burkingx(f): 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
freshest4live:

Is lpob and kanu that important?
.....The gutter dwellers are not ....... grin grin grin

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Electronzeez(m): 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
I don't believe buhari said all this things .it must be that Sudanese man grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by rhektor(m): 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
legitimatefrank1:
He Said He Values Democracy, Why Not Give Biafra Referendum
Where's referendum in Nigeria's constitution?

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by burkingx(f): 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
ngmgeek:

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by freshest4live: 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
Deeldorado:
Average. Wasted too much time talking about the rest of the World while ignoring the challenges in his own country and Africa, in general.
What challenge do you want him to talk about and what would be the advantage?
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Theakthedream: 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
mikeczay:
Bikoo. Is this buhari or the Somalian impostor?
LOL.... Ask nnamdi cownu....

Nnamdi Kanu must Resume or Resign....
#Ourmumudondo

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Oblang(m): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
legitimatefrank1:
He Said He Values Democracy, Why Not Give Biafra Referendum

Why not tell him to let all states go and form their own country then...na so all countries wey dey practice democracy dey give referendum to any disgruntled set of ppl abi...

3 Likes

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by burkingx(f): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
Chascop:
useless speech.

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by enemyofprogress: 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
Baba no remember to mention the Python he left at home with nnamdi kanu
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Theakthedream: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
ngmgeek:
WHY are you so pained and restless?

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by freshest4live: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu resume or resign. Ipob would not take this anymore, it's been one week now and we don't know where our leader is.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Bambela(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Hypocrisy at its finest. Hypocrisy walking on two feet. Bold and infectious. He mentioned respect for Democratic values! What a world we live in. What a world! Humans can be many things and not know it.

I watched that speech and was marvelled at the nature of human beings. Everything he said in that speech made sense. Everything. What I couldn't understand is how when it comes to his own country none of those thoughts are shown.

Dude mentioned a negotiation with North Korea. Sending a team of UN delegates to go discuss the issue to calm Kim. I couldn't understand how the same person who suggested such a great idea couldn't apply same in his home country.

Dude also mentioned Gaza and the possibility of a Palestine state. That was a great idea and what every rational mind will suggest but in his own country, such idea is not even negotiable. You are shot by Zombies when you do so.

He also called for an eye into the Rohinga killings going on in Myanmar(he should work on his pronunciation of the name) and a call for calm. This is a man who ordered some weak men(soldiers if you like) to go shoot up peace.

The speech showed that when it comes to Nigerian matters, intellectual insufficiency is not entirely his problem. His problem is utter hypocrisy. The reasons he is proposing for peace in Myanmar and Gaza is simply because Muslims are affected.

There's no way you can spot any other reason. That's a shame. Everything he said made sense but the vessel through which it came out is rusty. If you know what is good for the world why not begin from your home?

You are great and very meticulous when it comes to analyzing issues. Thanks a lot for this objective criticism.
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Aboguede(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
After so many years from independence and full resource control, large young exposed population and all natural endornments, it is still very very sadened that nigerian leaders still talk like orfans when called to address global issues and still beg for assistance for food like somalia when local countries like kenya, ruwanda and many others can boustfully talk open of their growth in all aspect of life and modern human developments using the opportunity to attract foreign investors and sell their good selves to the wider world Nigeria is still engolfed by tribal crises and communal conflicts like newly created south sudan or worse. it is really shamful that we still allow our gullible hearts to rule over our biger heads.
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by burkingx(f): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Victornezzar:
The guy was just beating around the bush
He was just talking about hurricane irma and isis in the middle east...wen flood wan lavish benue
The person that prepared that speech for him is also a dullard....He didn't even say much
The aljazeera correspondent said he didn't focus on the problem in Nigeria

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by MTKbudapest(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
7. Our faith in democracy remains firm and unshaken. Our
regional organisation ECOWAS came together to uphold
democratic principles in The Gambia – as we had done
previously in Cote D’Ivoire.

this fulani man is too hypocritic, we dont have democracy in nigeria not to talk of making it remain firm and unshaken.

What a zoo we livin in
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by igbeke: 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
13. The international community cannot remain silent and not condemn the horrendous suffering caused by what, from all indications is a state-backed programme of brutal depopulation of the Rohingya inhabited areas in Myanmar on the bases of ethnicity and religion. We fully endorse the call by the Secretary-General on the Government of Myanmar to order a halt to the ongoing ethnic cleansing and ensure the safe return of the displaced Rohingya to their homes in safety and dignity.

14. In all these crises, the primary victims are the people, the most vulnerable being women and children. That is why the theme of this session: Focusing on People: Striving for Peace and Decent Life for All on a Sustainable Planet” is most apposite.

15. While the international community grapples to resolve these conflicts, we must be mindful and focus on the widening inequalities within societies, and the gap between the rich and the poor nations. These inequalities and gaps are part of the underlying root causes of competition for resources, frustration and anger leading to spiraling instability.

20. I end my remarks by reiterating Nigeria’s abiding commitment to the foundational principles and goals of the United Nations. Since our admission as a member state in 1960, we have always participated in all efforts to bring about global peace, security and development. Nigeria will continue to support the UN in all its efforts, including the attainment of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.

Mr Bubu, do you understand what you just read?

This man is truly daft.
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by kings09(m): 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Charity begins at home is a line wch zombies are allergic to. The likes of sarrki, madridguy, omenka, yarimo dont like such line n would hail sai baba even wen they knw his hypocrisy stinks to high heavens
Sapiosexuality:
Hypocrisy at its finest. Hypocrisy walking on two feet. Bold and infectious. He mentioned respect for Democratic values! What a world we live in. What a world! Humans can be many things and not know it.

I watched that speech and was marvelled at the nature of human beings. Everything he said in that speech made sense. Everything. What I couldn't understand is how when it comes to his own country none of those thoughts are shown.

Dude mentioned a negotiation with North Korea. Sending a team of UN delegates to go discuss the issue to calm Kim. I couldn't understand how the same person who suggested such a great idea couldn't apply same in his home country.

Dude also mentioned Gaza and the possibility of a Palestine state. That was a great idea and what every rational mind will suggest but in his own country, such idea is not even negotiable. You are shot by Zombies when you do so.

He also called for an eye into the Rohinga killings going on in Myanmar(he should work on his pronunciation of the name) and a call for calm. This is a man who ordered some weak men(soldiers if you like) to go shoot up peace.

The speech showed that when it comes to Nigerian matters, intellectual insufficiency is not entirely his problem. His problem is utter hypocrisy. The reasons he is proposing for peace in Myanmar and Gaza is simply because Muslims are affected.

There's no way you can spot any other reason. That's a shame. Everything he said made sense but the vessel through which it came out is rusty. If you know what is good for the world why not begin from your home?

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by burkingx(f): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Narldon:

13. The international community cannot remain silent and not condemn the horrendous suffering caused by what, from all indications is a state-backed programme of brutal depopulation of the Rohingya inhabited areas in Myanmar on the bases of ethnicity and religion. We fully endorse the call by the Secretary-General on the Government of Myanmar to order a halt to the ongoing ethnic cleansing and ensure the safe return of the displaced Rohingya to their homes in safety and dignity.

Mr President

"A Man whose House is on Fire; does not go about pursuing Rats" -Narldon, 1847

Permit Me to ask;

What Efforts have been put in place to control:

-Boko Haram Menace in the North

-Fulani Herdsmen all over the Country

-The Marginalization of Igbos

-The Change from Democracy to Autocracy

-Flooding in Benue State and other parts of the Country

-The Internally Displaced Persons in the North-East

-The Ban on Freedom of Speech

-The impending Genocide that has overhauled Abia State

-The incessant Oil Pollution and Pipeline vandalism in the South

-The Religious Division between the Muslims and Christians

Mr President, Let's tell ourselves the Truth...

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Bambela:
You are great and very meticulous when it comes to analyzing issues. Thanks a lot for this objective criticism.
You are welcome BamB.
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Oshin56(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
instead of Mr president to table our country problem. he started mentioning north Korea, lake Chad basin. no wonder the white will continue calling us black monkey

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Champele(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
And the bubu clueless man forgot the challenges Nigerians are facing while enlightening the world on other countries issue. What a president!
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by madridguy(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
Where have you been?

kings09:
Charity begins at home is a line wch zombies are allergic to. The likes of dont like such line n would hail sai baba even wen they knw his hypocrisy stinks to high heavens
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Tayosteve(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
9jvirgin:

Come, take this N100, go and buy sense. Ask them to give you a functional one.
lmao...i like u
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2017
DonMaxxy:
If there is any stuff called `hypocrisy', this speech is an epitome...

If there is any place called `hell', then I am sure of one candidate to go over there...

The continual existence of this hardened hypocrite and doomed soul is the reason why I keep on questioning the existence of God. But God exists and he exists in his own time and space and not in our own time and space...He will act in due time.

Today it is Igbos, Igbos and Abians...
Tommorrow it will be you...

I am Igbo by default and dubbed `Nigerian' by British setting...one day God will surely reset my current setting

Shut up
God doesn't know Igbo
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by manikspears: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
freshest4live:

Is lpob and kanu that important?

You dey mind me? I just dey wyn ,ipob ko bipob ni grin
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by kings09(m): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
madridguy:
Where have you been?

Bro i de around. How ur side. I see as una still de ginger baba....even unnecessarily
Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
The speech writer should be fired. It was an empty speech that added no value to Nigeria as country. Is Nigeria now an Islamic country that should champion the course of the sunnis?

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly by freshest4live: 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oshin56:
instead of Mr president to table our country problem. he started mentioning north Korea, lake Chad basin. no wonder the white will continue calling us black monkey
Why should he table our problem to the international community and what are those problems you want him to table before them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose Helps Man With Eye-Cataract At Akure-Ado (Photos) / Hundreds Of Half Nude Women Throw Mud, Stones At Gov Yero / Muhammadu Buhari Vs E. A Adeboye: A Nigerian Compares Their Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.