Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 AM

Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. (7346 Views)

Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Photo Of Wike And Secondus 'Looking Angry' After PDP Convention Produced Atiku / Tinubu: I Didn't Disparage Osogbo People, My Comments Were Twisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Amberon11: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2017
IMO , abia and Anambra are only part of NDDC. It is not the same as Niger Delta. Know the difference.
honourhim:

Which one is Niger Delta people? The one that Imo, Abia and Anambra states are part of? Abeg make i hear better contributors.

I asked questions and instead of you to keep quiet since you have no answer to give you decided to disgrace yourself. Carry on if u like.
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Amberon11: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2017
Nigga, like I said IMO, Abia and Anambra are not part of the number delta, they are only a part of the NDDC. Haiti just requested to join African Union, does that mean Haiti is I'm Africa?
honourhim:

You are just making noise like children.
Stop being hypocritical. The same government that gave u your boundary of your land is the same government that included the states i mentioned in Niger Delta so you are just making noise here. I will take you serious if u are able to convince the FG to remove those states from Niger Delta. For now you are an empty barel. I dont have time to waste on noise makers.

If you are reasonable enough answer my points and stop disgracing yourself here.

1 Like

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by amazingspiderma: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2017
The question should be does river state have indigenous igbo people.

The idea of south south and Niger Delta is a political move to bring division.
We must respect each others culture and tribe, as long as no hostile motive is intended.

I have also come to observe that any gathering of Igbo people gives a lot of Nigerians heart burn.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by amazingspiderma: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2017
Alariwo2:

continue fooling yourself o.

Starting from 2018, all residents in Lagos and other parts of Odua land must learn and speak Yoruba whether he/she likes it or not. Yoruba will become compulsory in secondary schools.
We'll teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry and others in Yoruba

You mean to tell me that all laws of physics and chemistry and other sciences and engineering will be translated.
Are you aware that in even more advanced countries that are non speaking, English is fast becoming the adopted language and in France where significant amount of science invention was achieved. Japan, China,Germany etc. are adopting English are the language of international students.
What are you saying?

Stop this childishness.......

1 Like

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 11:56am On Sep 20, 2017
giftq:

Fashola was forced to apologize eventually. He had to accept that Lagos is no mans land

An old person like you should not tell lies. Provide the link and url for your story so that everyone can see in black and white where Fashola apologised. No need for you to lie. Everyone knows that propaganda is your middle name. undecided

1 Like

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Amarabae(f): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Don't get it twisted, RIVERS people NOT IGBOS or ANY ethnic group determine the direction of Rivers election.

Honestly, Ohanaeze (and IPOD) should take their stuff to one of the 5 SE states. Why host in PH? Is it to give the impression that Portharcourt is Igbo city or Rivers people are Igbo? Why is Ohanaeze trying to create problem for Igbos and strain the relationship between Indigenes and Igbo people in Rivers state?

Igbo day should be celebrated in the Southeast where Igbos are
nothing like Igbo people in Rivers but southeasterners,
you ijaws are always paranoid over who is igbo or not,
Igbo day will be hosted in portharcourt and there is nothing the ijaws can do about it because ph is never and never be an ijaw city but rather it belong to ikwerres!
Face your yenegoa or the bayelsa una only homogenous state in Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Amarabae(f): 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
laudate:

An old person like you should not tell lies. Provide the link and url for your story so that everyone can see in black and white where Fashola apologised. No need for you to lie. Everyone knows that propaganda is your middle name. undecided
why getting tensed up over nothing,
Lagos is a full yoruba state!
So chill and take some air

4 Likes

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2017
laudate:

LoL
See the link na https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/deportation-igbos-fashola-tenders-unreserved-apology/

3 Likes

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by njur58: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Are you tired of loosing..Here is the only way call now and testify , is fast ,easy and reliable

1 Share

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
giftq:

LoL
See the link na https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/deportation-igbos-fashola-tenders-unreserved-apology/

Oga, read the story again nah. Pay particular attention to Fashola 's words. He never said he was sorry to the Igbo, during his speech. Check the words he used. He said he tendered an apology to those who misunderstood his govt intentions. It was the Vanguard reporter who used those words to sell his paper. You sef check am now. Did Fashola himself say those words?

2 Likes

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
laudate:

Oga, read the story again nah. Pay particular attention to Fashola 's words. He never said he was sorry during his speech. Check the words he used. It was the Vanguard reporter who used those words to sell his paper. You sef check am now. Did Fashola himself say those words?
Stop twisting the words to suit your rumors

You asked for link, I sent u link and now u are complaining

4 Likes

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
giftq:

Stop twisting the words to suit your rumors

You asked for link, I sent u link and now u are complaining

Oga nobody is twisting anything. Did Fashola say "Igbo people I am sorry? " What he said was he tendered an apology to those who misunderstood his govt's intentions.

1 Like

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Scholes007(m): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
People and stupid threads. Tell me one reason Igbo day cannot hold in PH?. Are there no indigenous Igbos in the so called Rivers state?

4 Likes

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
laudate:

Oga nobody is twisting anything. Did Fashola say "Igbo people I am sorry? " What he said was he tendered an apology to those who misunderstood his govt's intentions.
Yes
Oya manage sahara reporters http://saharareporters.com/2013/09/26/fashola-apologises-igbos-over-deportation-saga-nation-newspaper

2 Likes

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
giftq:

Yes
Oya manage sahara reporters http://saharareporters.com/2013/09/26/fashola-apologises-igbos-over-deportation-saga-nation-newspaper

It is still the same thing that Sahara Reporters and Vanguard are saying. Fashola only tendered an apology to those who misunderstood the actions of his govt.

He did not say "Ndi Igbo I am sorry I offended you. " Or did he say so?

1 Like

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
laudate:

It is still the same thing that Sahara Reporters and Vanguard are saying. Fashola only tendered an apology to those who misunderstood the actions of his govt.

He did not say "Ndi Igbo I am sorry I offended you. " Or did he say so?
stop telling Fashola what to say and how to say it

1 Like

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by honourhim: 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
giftq:

stop telling Fashola what to say and how to say it

grin the guy`s defence is obviously porous. Fashola did not send igbos out. He just wanted to clear Lagos of people who are not essential to the growth of the economy Lagos and this covered people from various parts of Nigeria.
If the excercise was about Igbos, Fashola would ve sent all the igbos in Alaba and various parts of Lagos out. And of course he lacks the power to do it. I dont have problem with Fashola. He remains one of the best governors in Nigeria. Ambode is doing so well too. I saw the excercise as a step to make Lagos better and not meant to be an attack on any particular tribe.

Again some of the people brought back to Anambra were not Igbos.
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
naija404040:
Statement like these BY AFONJAS make you so-called Niger Deltan people look very stupidd...these afonjas know most of you don't have sense, so keep using this divide tactics on you people....deceiving you. FOR GOD SAKE NIGER DELTANS...THEY HAVE DONE THIS FOR 55 YRS AND LOOK AT WHERE YOU PEOPLE ARE. ALL OIL COMPANIES ARE IN LAGOS INSTEAD OF IN NIGER DELTA. YOUR SEAPORTS ARE NON FUNCTIONAL WHILE LAGOS SEAPORTS REMAIN OPEN. Same Yorubas have refused to move those oil companies back to Niger Delta, nor support opening of your seaports to function in full capacity to Lagos ports. Yet they tell you Igbo is your problem and some of you BELIEVE IT. WHAT IS WRONG WITH BLACK PEOPLE...CAN'T YOU REASON? IT'S ONE THING IF THIS WAS 1980 OR YENEGOA, PORT HARCOURT, UYO, CALABAR, ASABA AND WARRI ARE LIKE LAGOS AND ABUJA, THEN IT WOULD MAKE SENSE THAT THEY CARRYING YOU PEOPLE ALONG BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE...YOU PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING DESPITE HAVING OIL.

Biko, no go kill yahself on top Yoruba people matter, o! shocked See as you just dey shout 'Yoruba', up and down for here.... abi dem cook one kind 'juju for you wey dey make you halla their name like dis?? Talk quick o, make we know how to treat yah case!! shocked
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
giftq:

Lagos is home. It is 51% Igbo.
We need more Igbo reps in Lagos

When did they conduct this census, and how did you arrive at this figure of 51%? shocked You people like propaganda, too much! cheesy So you mean your own part of Ala Igbo is so inhospitable that 51% of your people ran away from there, to come to Lagos? What a pity!! sad
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2017
giftq:
We only need to make Lagos 90% Igbo
Wake up and stop dreaming!! sad The person who made you believe in such futile dreams will not go scot free, o. He will be made to dance like a python in Kanu's backyard.... undecided
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
tobiasbeecher:
You're not even ashamed of yourself that at this 21st century you're still being pegged down by ethnic bigotry! You bigots hate Igbos with passion but will immediately start foaming in the mouth any time they talk about leaving your hate-filled country to form their own country. People like you represent everything that's wrong with Nigeria

My friend, keep kwayiet dia! angry Did you not see your people trying to provoke other ethnic groups, with their peculiar brand of propaganda by laying claim to Rivers State? Your IPOB crew are the progenitors of hate! And yet you still have the guts to accuse others of the same sins you are guilty of? shocked mtcheew....

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Hatred according to IPOB is when people allow your sinister move.

Bros, Ijaw Day (Isaac Adaka Boro Day) is celebrated in Ijaw land, Yoruba day in Yoruba land, Urhobo Day in Urhobo land, why can't Igbo confine themselves to Igboland to celebrate their day? Perhaps, you should take it to Ibadan, Ekiti or Kano.

If you call that bigotry then you need your head examined.

No mind am, jare! Na so dem dey take style find trouble! sad

tobiasbeecher:

I think you deserve Your head to be seriously examined! Can't you see you're talking from a position of hate and intolerance? If not tell me what it will cost you and your fellow hate-filled tribal bigots if the celebration is held in Portharcout? Are you no longer a one nigeria proponent? Do you just shout one nigeria when it suits your narrative? If a mere Igbo day celebration can illicit such hatred from you people, then I'm now more convinced by the IPOB agitation for a separate country.

Look at this pot calling the kettle, black! Abeg, wey my mat? Let me siddon here dey enjoy the drama. cool This chap is a good actor. He knows how to play the victim card to the fullest. See as he is calling another person a bigot, and ranting about Port-harcourt like say na im ancestral home.... hehehe! cheesy
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by cheruv: 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
Alariwo2:

I've told you the fact.. so you won't sound greedy when next you talk outside..

Oyigbo belongs to Rivers not SE.. forget whatever language they speak.
You sound pained son undecided

1 Like

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by laudate: 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
deedeedee1:
I am not talking about Lagos sef. There are many of una in other Yoruba states.
What is chasing you from your land?

Very good question! I am still waiting for one of them to give me a good answer. They are not only in your Yoruba states, they are everywhere else in Nigeria, even in the most remote places you can think of. undecided

honourhim:
Epic reply.

They claim they own their land yet they cant chase people they dont like away from it because they lack the power to do that. Is that how to own a land? Nigeria is na wa o.

What is epic about his reply? undecided When Fashola deported some of your people the other time, you all started shouting and screaming blue murder, as if Lagos was owing you money. Is there something about your land that chases your people away into other lands? shocked Why can't you folks give the rest of us a coherent answer to this question?

2 Likes

Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by PVision2020(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2017
honourhim:

Because we are traders and we understand that communication is important in business. We want to be able to communicate freely with our Customers no matter the level of their illiteracy.
Wanderers not traders. Emeka that left ebonyi for Lagos with nothing is not a trader but a wanderer looking for greener pasture.
A reasonable person/people will always prepare for home, just like jacob. But you'll find 70% of igbos littering the nooks and
crannies of Nigeria, shouting biafra and calling others unity beggars when indeed they are the real unity beggars.
You should ask yourself
1. Why are igbos endangered specie?
(from Asia to kano to even Abia)
2. Why is the igbo language, identity and culture fast going into extinction?
Most of my igbo friends here in the west speaks fluent yoruba but understand little of igbo.
3. Why do igbos leave their land desolate and deserted only to claim the land of others?
4. Why do the world renown developers fail to develop their land?
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by otokx(m): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2017
There is no need making an issue out of this, what is the date of the Igbo day?
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by honourhim: 9:47am On Sep 24, 2017
laudate:

Very good question! I am still waiting for one of them to give me a good answer. They are not only in your Yoruba states, they are everywhere else in Nigeria, even in the most remote places you can think of. undecided

What is epic about his reply? undecided When Fashola deported some of your people the other time, you all started shouting and screaming blue murder, as if Lagos was owing you money. Is there something about your land that chases your people away into other lands? shocked Why can't you folks give the rest of us a coherent answer to this question?

Oga stop disgracing yourself. Fashola did not send igbos out . HE LACKED THE POWER TO DO IT. No governor can do it.
Arewa boys tried it and failed woefully so stop making useless opinion.

Any governor that is serious should go to the media and give Igbo quit notice. They know they can never do it so stop disgracing yourself. Why didnt Fashola chase the igbos in Alaba and other parts of Lagos out? Answer is - HE LACKED THE POWER TO DO IT.
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by honourhim: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2017
PVision2020:

Wanderers not traders. Emeka that left ebonyi for Lagos with nothing is not a trader but a wanderer looking for greener pasture.
A reasonable person/people will always prepare for home, just like jacob. But you'll find 70% of igbos littering the nooks and
crannies of Nigeria, shouting biafra and calling others unity beggars when indeed they are the real unity beggars.
You should ask yourself
1. Why are igbos endangered specie?
(from Asia to kano to even Abia)
2. Why is the igbo language, identity and culture fast going into extinction?
Most of my igbo friends here in the west speaks fluent yoruba but understand little of igbo.
3. Why do igbos leave their land desolate and deserted only to claim the land of others?
4. Why do the world renown developers fail to develop their land?

Wanderers indeed yet they own shops in Alaba and other parts of Lagos. Making millions and building houses in their villages, training their children in school. Buying lands from Yoruba and building companies and houses. Stop disgracing yourself here abeg.
If you know they are Wanderers then send them out of Lagos. If you can't do it then shame on u.
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2017
I have been following this thread and I see how honourhim has been making provocative statements about how nobody can chase the igbo. I am not happy with him but I prefer to have the igbo around that the Hausa as the former can be contained and pushed out by the Yoruba while the Hausa's are very lethal and hard to surmount.

What I have come to realise is that the igbo would continue to be hated and be the target of all our frustrations because they are naturally proud for no reason and they hate igboland ---they run away from the place and leave it desolate. They have been adviced countless times but they refuse to listen.

What is the solution to the igbo menace? The answer is just to ignore them as they are irritants who walk around with a need to be hated and maimed. I used to hate them very much before but I don't any longer,. I now pity them and don't ascribe any importance to them. Nigerians should rather be weary of the north who want to change the secular nature of Nigeria.

Forget about igbos, they are inconsequential in the scheme of things. Selah.
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I have been following this thread and I see how honourhim has been making provocative statements about how nobody can chase the igbo. I am not happy with him but I prefer to have the igbo around that the Hausa as the former can be contained and pushed out by the Yoruba while the Hausa's are very lethal and hard to surmount.

What I have come to realise is that the igbo would continue to be hated and be the target of all our frustrations because they are naturally proud for no reason and they hate igboland ---they run away from the place and leave it desolate. They have been adviced countless times but they refuse to listen.

What is the solution to the igbo menace? The answer is just to ignore them as they are irritants who walk around with a need to be hated and maimed. I use to hate them very much before but I don't any longer,. I now pity them and don't ascribe any importance to them. Nigerians should rather be weary of the north who want to change the secular nature of Nigeria.

Forget about igbos, they are inconsequential in the scheme of things. Selah.
Next, open 36,000 threads discussing Igbo people
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by stev120(m): 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
giftq:

"We the south south" is a meaningful contribution na

i and my British friend busted out laughing loud when we saw ..We the South south. ..

could you please show me south south in the 4 cardinal points....

save your self the remaining shame by not replying me....

.....still thinking of how to hide this shame from my British pal. ..
Re: Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
stev120:

i and my British friend busted out laughing loud when we saw ..We the South south. ..

could you please show me south south in the 4 cardinal points....

save your self the remaining shame by not replying me....

.....still thinking of how to hide this shame from my British pal. ..
Your british pal and his/her greedy ancestors are responsible for the mess in the south-south

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arrest Adeleke,you Will Heads To Prison - Court Tell IGP, Others / $9.6bn Judgment: FG, P&ID Head For Showdown / APC Peace Panel Gets 170 Petitions, Blames COVID-19 For Delayed Sittings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.