Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion (37508 Views)

Francis Ngannou Knocks Out Stipe Miocic To Become World Heavyweight Champion / Anthony Joshua Names 7 Fighters He Wants To Face Before Retirement / Tyson Fury Is The New WBC Heavyweight Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by delors(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Kubrat will most likely beat him. I keep on telling people that AJ's undoing would be his lack of tactical skills. He relies too much on his physique than skills. He was lucky to win against a 40+ Wladimir who even knocked him down during the fight and would have won him on TKO. Kubrat is a master tactician. AJ has to start working on tactics.
Nah not sure kubrat can beat him. His true threat is Deontay. That dude is an animal. Kubrat cannot pose the same threat Klitschkov posed. Well below AJ by far. If Kubrat wasn't a mandatory challenger he would never choose to fight AJ.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by LordOfNaira: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2017
delors:

Nah not sure kubrat can beat him. His true threat is Deontay. That dude is an animal. Kubrat cannot pose the same threat Klitschkov posed. Well below AJ by far. If Kubrat wasn't a mandatory challenger he would never choose to fight AJ.

God, what makes you think Kubrat is way below AJ? Is it because AJ struggled to beat 40+ year old Wladimir in round 11? You people and your laughable analysis sef.

Anyway, the fight will decide.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by LordOfNaira: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2017
[quote author=DeRay98 post=60647509][/quote]

Everyone wants to make a go at AJ because they think he is a weak tactical boxer. Everyone came to this conclusion after they saw him struggle against a 41 year old who had not fought since 2015 and even got dominated for a huge part of the fight. Except AJ brings more than physical strength into the fight, Kubrat would knock him out faster than he knocked out Samuel Peter.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by shurlermoz(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2017
pooozeee:
This is the 1st tym AJ would lie, AJ knocked down Klitschko , Klitschko knocked down Kubrat very easily so tell me how would kubrat be able to beat AJ ? I av also seen deontay fight, he is not a beta match for AJ

Boxing is not maths oga, this is heavy weight boxing if you get punched you must go down.

Joshua went down against WK and he can go down against Pulev if he refuse to sort his defense out.

Wilder is just a noise maker anyway, He hasnt really fought first grade opponent, Wilder next fight against KingKong Ortiz will put him thru that test.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by abbadsinger: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2017
SuperSuave:
Nigerian-British boxing champion, Anthony Joshua has disclosed his two biggest threats in the heavyweight boxing division.

The reigning heavyweight champion told  Skysport during an interview that  Kubrat Pulev  – his next challenger, and  Deontay Wilder  are the biggest threats to his current rank.

This coming ahead of October 28, 2017, unified world heavyweight champion showdown at theMillennium Stadium in Cardiff.

The fight would be the first time of Anthony Joshua in the ring after a definite win overWladimir Klitschko in April this year.

Joshua hoped to have a lucrative rematch with the Ukrainian in Las Vegas, but Klitschko opted for retirement. This leaves him with Kubrat Pulev as the last and mandatory option.

http://www.pulse.ng/bi/sports/sports-anthony-joshua-names-the-two-boxers-who-can-end-his-reign-as-world-heavyweight-champion-id7337275.html

Lalasticlala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEeULJ3-DE
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2017
DONADAMS:
Hmmmmm..but why doesn't this guy have as much money as maywhethercos I understand he fights in a higher category!...dunno know about boxing sha
Is All About Marketing Bro, And Perhaps If You're Comparing Him To Mayweather You Should Know Mayweather Started Boxing Way Earlier Before AJ

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by shurlermoz(m): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Everyone wants to make a go at AJ because they think he is a weak tactical boxer. Everyone came to this conclusion after they saw him struggle against a 41 year old who had not fought since 2015 and even got dominated for a huge part of the fight. Except AJ brings more than physical strength into the fight, Kubrat would knock him out faster than he knocked out Samuel Peter.

Kubrat is not the same due to age, but the bottom line is this, its heavy weight boxing, if you are sloppy enough to get caught with a bad hand then you are definitely going down.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by Tinie: 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
Rio Ferdinand is coming for you! grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by morch(m): 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
JayCynic:
This guy never receive punch from SARS officer yet, the day him receive am, im go no say Buhari na Hausa man
Bro abeg if you see one of ur own doing great things at the top level try and celebrate am so that great things can cum ur way too. Just saying, abi no b Nigerian u b?
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by DeRay98(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
LordOfNaira:

You make me laugh...Samuel Peter is and was never a yard-stick for measuring heavyweights. He just had and took his opportunity.
While I believe AJ still needs to improve and knows it too, don't dismiss him too easily.
I have watched heavyweight fights videos from 1905 till date, followed fights from the 70s till now, I know more about boxing and boxers than this.
Kubrat will fight hard but AJs hand speed is under estimated by many fighters.
Kubrat doesn't have fight mastery of Wladmir, he 'll be KO 20 for AJ.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
airmark

Even HE knows the truth.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by Chyxki: 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
Nice talk from you Tony.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by delors(m): 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
LordOfNaira:

God, what makes you think Kubrat is way below AJ? Is it because AJ struggled to beat 40+ year old Wladimir in round 11? [s]You people and your laughable analysis sef.[/s]

Anyway, the fight will decide.
At 41, Klitschkov would still have killed Kubrat. He beat him hands down a year and half prior...as in hands down. No one had taken such direct beating like that from anyone of the Klits brothers. Opponents always put up a show but kubrat started receivong it right fron the first second.
Klitschkov would still have beat anyone who came at that period. A rematch with Tyson Fury would have resulted in A klits victory for sure. And about laughable analysis, ain't urs even more laughable or are u a pro boxing analyst? U r just free styling just like the rest of us here.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by LordOfNaira: 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
DeRay98:

You make me laugh...Samuel Peter is and was never a yard-stick for measuring heavyweights. He just had and took his opportunity.
While I believe AJ still needs to improve and knows it too, don't dismiss him too easily.
I have watched heavyweight fights videos from 1905 till date, followed fights from the 70s till now, I know more about boxing and boxers than this.
Kubrat will fight hard but AJs hand speed is under estimated by many fighters.
Kubrat doesn't have fight mastery of Wladmir, he 'll be KO 20 for AJ.

I only said he would drop AJ faster than he dropped Peter. I wasn't particular about Peter as a boxer.

As for Wladimir Klischko, Fury never had his mastery and yet beat him. The truth is Wladimir was already a spent old man. Fury beat him so easily but AJ struggled to beat him. He even dropped AJ once. If AJ doesn't improve much, Kubrat would beat him. The truth is AJ is one of the weakest Heavyweight champions I have ever seen. My opinion, though.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by LordOfNaira: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
delors:

At 41, Klitschkov would still have killed Kubrat. He beat him hands down a year and half prior...as in hands down. No one had taken such direct beakting like that from anyone the Klits brothers. Opponents always put up a show but kubrat started receivong it right fron the first second.
Klitschkov would still have beat anyone who came at that period. A rematch with Tyson Fury would have resulted in A klits victory for sure.

Yet he couldn't kill Fury who was obviously struggling with fitness even at that time. The truth is Wladimir was finished toward the time he met Fury. Fury dominated him easily but in spite of fighting last in 2015, Wladimir still came out to dominate AJ in 2017.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by LordOfNaira: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
delors:

At 41, Klitschkov would still have killed Kubrat. He beat him hands down a year and half prior...as in hands down. No one had taken such direct beating like that from anyone of the Klits brothers. Opponents always put up a show but kubrat started receivong it right fron the first second.
Klitschkov would still have beat anyone who came at that period. A rematch with Tyson Fury would have resulted in A klits victory for sure. And about laughable analysis, ain't urs even more laughable or are u a pro boxing analyst? U r just free styling just like the rest of us here.

By laughable analysis, I mean analysis that are too absolute. How can you just make a statement that "Kubrat is way below AJ". Does that not sound laughable? What sort of analysis is that?
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by akinsmyk(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
Deontay Wilder is the real threat not Pulev. That man called Deontay is a beast

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by delors(m): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
LordOfNaira:

By laughable analysis, I mean analysis that are too absolute. How can you just make a statement that "Kubrat is way below AJ". Does that not sound laughable? What sort of analysis is that?
That wasnt an analysis bro...cool yourself...that was an opinion. My apologies for simply assuming u knew the difference.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by akinsmyk(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
shurlermoz:

Boxing is not maths oga, this is heavy weight boxing if you get punched you must go down.

Joshua went down against WK and he can go down against Pulev if he refuse to sort his defense out.

Wilder is just a noise maker anyway, He hasnt really fought first grade opponent, Wilder next fight against KingKong Ortiz will put him thru that test.

You just underrated a dangerous boxer. I fear that Deontay more than any of them, AJ inclusive. AJ should take Pulev down but Deontay I doubt. How many of Deontay's fight have you seen? Youtube is your friend, you would be surprised. AJ knows deep down.

Deontay likes to make mouth, fortunately for him it's not just making mouth, he fights dangerously. He doesn't only fight to win, he fights to injure

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by delors(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
LordOfNaira:

DeRay98:

And talking about tactics in boxing, it comes in different ways.
Klitschkov tactics was a guerrilla boxing system to wear down opponents: direct hit, withdraw (back step) , attack with direct hit...

Tyson's was physical strength and aggression (upper cuts and swings at the forehead)
Lennox was physical strength and surprise 1.2.
Foremans was physical strength and wrecking ball blows
Holyfield was physical strength and relentless combo.
Mohammed Ali - sting punch, back step.

So if AJ's tactics is physical strength and fast heavy punches, how's that a problem? Most boxers combine physical strength and something else.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by seangy4konji: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
na mumu seekig attention...make sars no carry gun,make youmeet am one on one for corner..no be to trade blows embarrass am with proper beating?

kennygee:

Who SARS officer be?
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by shurlermoz(m): 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
akinsmyk:

You just underrated a dangerous boxer. I fear that Deontay more than any of them, AJ inclusive. AJ should take Pulev down but Deontay I doubt. How many of Deontay's fight have you seen? Youtube is your friend, you would be surprised. AJ knows deep down.

Deontay likes to make mouth, fortunately for him it's not just making mouth, he fights dangerously. He doesn't only fight to win, he fights to injure

Thank God we all have access to Youtube, mention 2 BIG opponents Wilder has faced, I am waiting......

The Bronze Bomber is a lousy boxer, Google is your friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOHGc9x-uW8
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by LordOfNaira: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
delors:
That wasnt an analysis bro...cool yourself...that was an opinion. My apologies for simply assuming u knew the difference.

I will let this slide!!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by LordOfNaira: 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
delors:

And talking about tactics in boxing, it comes in different ways.
Klitschkov tactics was a guerrilla boxing system to wear down opponents: direct hit, withdraw (back step) , attack with direct hit...

Tyson's was physical strength and aggression (upper cuts and swings at the forehead)
Lennox was physical strength and surprise 1.2.
Foremans was physical strength and wrecking ball blows
Holyfield was physical strength and relentless combo.
Mohammed Ali - sting punch, back step.

So if AJ's tactics is physical strength and fast heavy punches, how's that a problem? Most boxers combine physical strength and something else.

Don't ever mention me again!!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by ebereokey(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2017
See they person you should fear,come and marry her

Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by delors(m): 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Don't ever mention me again!!!
ok. Next time remember those who live in glass houses don t throw stones.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by delors(m): 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I will let this slide!!!
Good.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by DeRay98(m): 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
So if AJ's tactics is physical strength and fast heavy punches, how's that a problem? Most boxers combine physical strength and something else. [/quote]
Of all you mentioned only Foreman didn't move much.
Tyson was very mobile with his head and hard to hit.
Holyfield, had endurance and could take hits and return.
Ali dances and uses the ring to evade punches until he got old and heavy.
We have yet to see AJ's unique defences..As a fan, I'm interested in seeing him improve and become a boxing great.
Re: Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion by bikefab(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
My man...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Footballers Who Made The Best Move This January Transfer Window / Al-Nassr Fans Chant Cristiano Ronaldo’s Name During Match (Video) / Chiellini Claims He Put A CURSE On Saka Before He Missed The Decisive Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.