Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,372 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) (11187 Views)

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by ReachHard: 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
so una watch dis match??
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
Germany vs Argentina live
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2010
O boy too many games today.

Don't know which one to concentrate on
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by rickie4us(m): 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2010
where do you guys watch all these matches sef?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 9:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
rickie4us:

where do you guys watch all these matches sef?

http://atdhe.net/
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by chidichris(m): 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
this is a new game plan by eguavon to come back to power.
the larger of a man knows nothing abt these home based players so it is obvious he did not make the selection.
it shld have been a better move for these new group look for real test instead of arranging with few boys who they can dismantle with ease.
i am very suspicious here.
are these the quality of players we need to play argentina, korea and greece? if yes, i am not going to watch the show of disgrace in south.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
The stupidest thing about todays friendlys is that all other teams used this opportunity to test out the playing style of their opponents in terms of football region while our SE went to play Congo who have no relevance in preparing us for the WC
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
morpheus24:

The stupidest thing about todays friendlys is that all other teams used this opportunity to test out the playing style of their opponents in terms of football region while our SE went to play Congo who have no relevance in preparing us for the WC

England is playing Egypt.
Wales is playing Sweden
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
davidylan:

England is playing Egypt.
Wales is playing Sweden

Englang playing egypt in place of algeria(north african style football)
Ghana playing Bosnia in place of serbia(baltic region style football)
USA playing netherlands in place of England(northern european style football)
korea playing ivory coast in place of Nigeria (West african style football)

need I go on,
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2010
Egypt comparable to Argentina? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by philipinho: 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2010
we were to play paraguay but it either got postponed or cancelled due to the earthquake,
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
davidylan:

Egypt comparable to Argentina? grin grin

That was a typo, i meant algeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2010
philipinho:

we were to play paraguay but it either got postponed or cancelled due to the earthquake,

Thats not the reason why. The nFF was not going get good concessions fromthe game so they bowed out,
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by morpheus24: 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2010
i am watching germany vs argentina

and from the looks of the the argentines are going to be tough
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by vikiviko(m): 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
I hope the best home base is opportune to be in the train to South Africa.

Friendly is friendly irrespective of the team , the essence is to discover new talents.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by chelseabmw(m): 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2010
congrats nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Amhatu(m): 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2010
Nice Match. The Congolese should have come 2 days early to rest up.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by toosoon(m): 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
good warm up match!!!
afterall South Africa played Namibia, lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Daboncrush(m): 3:10am On Mar 04, 2010
Lets wait and see the performance of the boys in the WC
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 04, 2010
big up the Congo same way. . .congrats to "Naija".
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2010
Going by Argentina's match last night, it will be a MF battle. We need very fit MFs if we really mean business.
Gutirez (A player with little or no skill) is nothing but a machine. He was everywhere on the pitch.
Macherano is also there to break legs if necessary.
Need I say how lethal their striker (Gonzalo H) is?
And on the wings? oh dear. . .we have to up our play by all means necessary!

Greece?! A very boring side. We should get a win against them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by DoubleN(m): 9:03am On Mar 04, 2010
Saw a min or 2 of the Nigeria game and it was damn boring and uninspiring.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by fathermike: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2010
which channel televised the Nigeria vs Congo friendly match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 9:39am On Mar 04, 2010
ait!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by galatico(m): 9:47am On Mar 04, 2010
Our mates where playing against world cup bound sides, we where busy playing against Congo DR, Cameroon played against Italy, so did Egypy play against England, Ivory Coast played against South Korea, cuz they are familair opponents they'll face at the world cup, we choose to play against a side they didn't qualify for the world cup instead of testing our strenght against European and Asian Countries . Pathetic!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Johnnny(m): 10:11am On Mar 04, 2010
Guys, can you believe this,

I was at football.co.uk to check on the results of all yesterday's matches only to find the Nigeria/Congo matche update missing from the results

Na wa o, Nigeria no even command any respect from anybody anymore. Its a shame o
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by pek(m): 10:26am On Mar 04, 2010
joined the match the second half. the worst commentary i have heard in all my life. the two commentators used the phrase yes indeed more than thirty times. pathetic. it was as if they didnt av any other thing to say.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by honeric01(m): 10:40am On Mar 04, 2010
I heard there are still 2 more windows before the worldcup, England still have 2 more friendlies to play, so we definitely can use these 2 friendlies to iron out our squad for the worldcup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Obinoscopy(m): 10:53am On Mar 04, 2010
I learnt we have dropped rank in the FIFA World Ranking. That is the effect of playing a low team like Congo
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by ayusco: 11:17am On Mar 04, 2010
WAS DISSAPPOINTED @ THE LEVEL OF OPPOSITION BUT HALF BREAD IS BERRA THAN NONE. NFF SHOULD REALLY GET US STIFFER TEAMS SUGGEST JAPAN & A TOUGH SOUTH AMERICAN SIDE PERHAPS URUGUAY, ANYWAYS GOOD TO SEE SOME HOME-BASED GUYS. THINK NSOFOF COULD PLAY AS OUR TOP NINE HOLDING UP PLAY FOR OSAZE OBASI & CO LIKE HE DID IN BEIJING, MENNN ARGENTINA GO TUFF NO BE SMALL REALISTICALLY I THINK A DRAW IS THE BEST WE CAN GET. THEN THRASH GREECE AND GET A HARD FOUGHT WIN OVER THE KOREANS, SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THE SE NOT HAVING WC JERSEYS SO WHAT DID THEY WEAR IN ANGOLA ANKARA?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by ohisng(m): 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2010
Egypt plays England for a friendly match.
Nigeria plays CONGO??
And Nigeria won 5-2 and that is cause to rejoice??
Na wah oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onazi Ogenyi Welcomes Second Daughter Zara Agbenu Onazi / Vincent Enyeama Set To Receive Honorary Doctorate Award From University Of Uyo / Week 39 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 30 March 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.