Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance (25388 Views)

Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring / Atiku Vs Buhari: Agbakoba Reveals Who Should Win Election, Gives Reasons / Buhari Can Fund Election Without National Assembly Approval - PACAC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by nwakibie3(m): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2017
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has claimed that Igbos play what he termed as the ‘worst politics’ among the ethnic and geopolitical zones in the country.

He stressed that Hausa had realized that they can now win an election without Igbos.

He said, “Igbos have to change their strategy, in order to reclaim their relevance in Nigeria’s power equation. Quote me anywhere, Igbos play the worst politics in Nigeria.

“Today, Hausas have realised they can win an election without Igbos.”

Okorocha, who said this in Owerri, during an interactive session with top media practitioners, also condemned activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and reiterated his stance for a united Nigeria.

“Hitherto, Hausa used to think they could not win elections without Igbo.

“Now, they believe with the combined massive populations of Lagos and Kano, they no longer need Igbos to win, hence, the latest alliance between Hausa and Yoruba.

“So, where is Igbo today in Nigerian politics?” he asked rhetorically.

“I’ve always said Igbo have this feeling of abandonment. IPOB would have made better impact if they had operated under any other name other than Biafra, to push their demand for equity in sharing of the nation’s political and economic resources. The call for secession was childish.

“IPOB should have fought their struggle like the Niger Delta youths, Arewa youths and Yoruba group.

“Who is Nnamdi Kanu to ask Rochas to follow him to war?

“Check it out, no Hausa man living in the South East owns a duplex neither can you see a Yoruba man who lives in a room and parlour apartment of his own or an investment worth N20 million.

“But, should Nigeria break up today, Igbos will lose trillions in properties and other investments in Lagos, the North and other parts of the country. This is why we all must condemn IPOB’s call for break up.”

Okorocha said by its struggle for secession, IPOB had created a feeling of distrust in Igbo among other tribes, thus jeopardising the chance of Igbo in the country’s power equation.

“The South South has produced a president, the South West has produced a president and vice president while the North has produced many presidents.

“By political calculation, it was expected that very soon, Igbo would have a chance to produce the president, but, the same Igbo want to break away from Nigeria. Where is our wisdom?

“Regrettably, IPOB activities has created fears in the minds of Hausa and other ethnic nationalities in the country, that, once Igbo becomes president, they would secede.

“So, where are we? This is why I said IPOB were childish in their struggle. We should all condemn the call for secession because if Nigeria breaks up, Igbos will lose.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/20/hausas-can-win-election-without-igbos-okorocha/

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 20, 2017
Igbos want restructuring.
Keep this nigger area lousy politics away from Igbo land.

nwakibie3:
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has claimed that Igbos play what he termed as the ‘worst politics’ among the ethnic and geopolitical zones in the country.

He stressed that Hausa had realized that they can now win an election without Igbos.

He said, “Igbos have to change their strategy, in order to reclaim their relevance in Nigeria’s power equation. Quote me anywhere, Igbos play the worst politics in Nigeria.

Okorocha, who said this in Owerri, during an interactive session with top media practitioners, also condemned activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and reiterated his stance for a united Nigeria.

“Now, they believe with the combined massive populations of Lagos and Kano, they no longer need Igbos to win, hence, the latest alliance between Hausa and Yoruba.

“I’ve always said Igbo have this feeling of abandonment. IPOB would have made better impact if they had operated under any other name other than Biafra, to push their demand for equity in sharing of the nation’s political and economic resources. The call for secession was childish.

“IPOB should have fought their struggle like the Niger Delta youths, Arewa youths and Yoruba group.

“Check it out, no Hausa man living in the South East owns a duplex neither can you see a Yoruba man who lives in a room and parlour apartment of his own or an investment worth N20 million.

“But, should Nigeria break up today, Igbos will lose trillions in properties and other investments in Lagos, the North and other parts of the country. This is why we all must condemn IPOB’s call for break up.”

Okorocha said by its struggle for secession, IPOB had created a feeling of distrust in Igbo among other tribes, thus jeopardising the chance of Igbo in the country’s power equation.

“The South South has produced a president, the South West has produced a president and vice president while the North has produced many presidents.

“By political calculation, it was expected that very soon, Igbo would have a chance to produce the president, but, the same Igbo want to break away from Nigeria. Where is our wisdom?

“Regrettably, IPOB activities has created fears in the minds of Hausa and other ethnic nationalities in the country, that, once Igbo becomes president, they would secede.

“So, where are we? This is why I said IPOB were childish in their struggle. We should all condemn the call for secession because if Nigeria breaks up, Igbos will lose.”

CC:
lalasticlala
mynd44

9 Likes

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by zinachidi(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2017
Na true shaa, but dosen't change the fact that I don't like the man

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by mcbreeze: 7:57am On Sep 20, 2017
The most foolish governor in the history of Ndi Igbo.
I hate this man with passion. Constantly selling your people to the Northerner.
It will be alright one day. He and his family must account for this now or later.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by BrokenTV: 7:58am On Sep 20, 2017
We are already tired for this hausa man governing Imo states.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Throwback: 7:59am On Sep 20, 2017
That is so obvious. As long as a major tribe can get the support of another major tribe and a handful of minority tribes, then the job is done.

112 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 20, 2017
Of course we all know that the igbos are minorities.. The 2015 presidential elections buttresses the Hausas/Fulanis and the Yorubas as the Majority in this country that without their support then you're no way to go.
Though I'm a proud igbo man from AroChukwu in Abia state but let us tell ourselves the truth that we igbos need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs us

157 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 20, 2017
BrokenTV:
We are already tired for this hausa man governing Imo states.

You never start to tire, remain cry.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by abouzaid: 8:02am On Sep 20, 2017
I don't blame Rocha's okorocha,I blame those that voted him into power. the idiot is against ipob because he wants to become the next president after Buhari,no referendum, no election.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by newyorks(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2017
Heave knws i detest this man any day,any time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by zionmde: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Of course we all know that the igbos are minorities.. The 2015 presidential elections buttresses the Hausas/Fulanis and the Yorubas as the Majority in this country that without their support then you're no way to go.
Though I'm a proud igbo man from AroChukwu in Abia state but let us tell ourselves the truth that we igbos need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs us
shut ignorantum, igbos have equal population with hausas and yorubas, the entire igbos in SE is just about 60% of Igbo population.
Igbo+yoruba can win election
igbo+ hausa can win election
hausa.+ yoruba can win election
so shut up if u know nothing

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by eph12(m): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2017
nwakibie3:

CC:
lalasticlala
mynd44

Can anybody explain why this fear exists? Igbos contribute nothing the least of all major ethnic groups, have properties in billions outside their region, so they should be the ones scared of breaking out and not the Hausas and Yorubas

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Bari22: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2017
My state Kano alone can match all 5 Igbo State votes
GrandFinale2017:

You are a true Igbo I like your opinion, actually Igbo's can correct their own problems with their hands

For example when we Hausas and Yorubas are not comfortable with Jonathan's leadership we make an alliance and make sure we voted him out

Nmandi kanu get a chance to lead Igbos to the promised land but he misuse the opportunity because of his hateful stand

Igbos may not realised their mistake until they loose anyone to tell them the truth

Rochas you have done your own part

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 20, 2017
zionmde:
[s]
shut ignorantum, igbos have equal population with hausas and yorubas, the entire igbos in SE is just about 60% of Igbo population.
Igbo+yoruba can win election
igbo+ hausa can win election
hausa.+ yoruba can win election
so shut up if u know nothing [/s]
ok dummy let's go by Regions..
The North makes up 19 states (middlebelt inclusive).
The South west makes up 6 states.
The South South has 6 states.
While the South East has just 5 landlocked states.
All the states of SE combined with all the states of SS and Ekiti but still couldn't give GEJ a returning seat.
We Igbos don't count in politics, we are only good in commerce and trade. Whenever discussions on politics arises i think we igbos should keep quiet cos we are minorities

109 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Paperwhite(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2017
"Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall"-Proverbs 16:18.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2017
Bari22:
My state Kano alone can match all 5 Igbo State votes
mehn i saw Kano states vote during the last presidential election i just weak

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by toolovely(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2017
i dont understand all this about igbo president. if he becomes the president today, is it for the Igbos or for himself and his family?
the SS he said produced the president, what did they gain having someone from his Zone as the President?
just individuals close to Jonathan that enriched themselves.

Rochas is just concerned of being the President nothing more

31 Likes

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by toolovely(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
All the states of SE combined with all the states of SS and Ekiti but still couldn't give GEJ a returning seat.
We Igbos don't count in politics, we are only good in commerce and trade. Whenever discussions on politics arises i think we igbos should keep quiet cos we are minorities

and those states quoted, you forgot there Igbos who voted for APC too?
you know very well that Kano election was over rigged and thats why the returning officer and his entire family...........

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by nwaUrasi(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2017
like I stated earlier, Imo state should be merge with other state( or better still move it out of south east to north central so they can compete with kogi and Benue)

you can't help but wonder how they end up with the likes of Araraume, Emeka Ikedioha and Rochas Okorocha as political leaders.

to even think that the likes of Keneking, Abagworo, hungerbad and Ngeneukwenu are all from Imo state is another point of bewilderment.

9 Likes

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by fergie001: 8:34am On Sep 20, 2017
Oh My Jehovah shocked shocked cool shocked shocked
Jos always come to mind,serene environment.

"Jesus had his Peters and Johns,he also had his Judas Iscariots
Julius Caesar had his McAnthonys,he also had his Brutuses,
I have my friends as well as my enemies."
(Nnamdi Benjamin Azikiwe)

That's all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Desyner: 8:35am On Sep 20, 2017
In Biafra or Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 20, 2017
and if Yoruba's had voted GEJ do you think buhari will win

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by vedaxcool(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2017
Watch as childish ipob insult this man for telling them to think

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by zionmde: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
We Igbos don't count in politics and not minorities in terms of population
SW and SS cannot win election against SE and north, north and SS cannot win election against SE and SW so SE and SS cannot win an election

For population maybe u havnt been to the north before, if u have gone there u will notice two things
1. census was exaggerated as most women were not counted, they just came up with values to oppress other regions
2.millions of igbos in the north were counted as northerners.
so next time u want to make a comment do that with caution, u dont just come out with empty brains to say Igbos are minorities

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by geraldmezi(m): 8:48am On Sep 20, 2017
We no blame u okorohousa

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by CaptainG00D: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:

Sharaaaaap..u ignoramus!!
Shouting we igbos doesnt make u any igbo.
it is not by number of states u dummy.

If u really have working brain u would know that the 5States were given to igbos by fraudlent nigeria.
And doesnt in anyway mean they have lesser popoulation.
Which schools did u attend pls... u sound like one who lacks basic education
undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by CaptainG00D: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2017
zionmde:

We Igbos don't count in politics and not minorities in terms of population
SW and SS cannot win election against SE and north, north and SS cannot win election against SE and SW so SE and SS cannot win an election

For population maybe u havnt been to the north before, if u have gone there u will notice two things
1. census was exaggerated as most women were not counted, they just came up with values to oppress other regions
2.millions of igbos in the north were counted as northerners.
so next time u want to make a comment do that with caution, u dont just come out with empty brains to say Igbos are minorities

Dont mind that dumb afonja idiot..
The way he shouts "we igbos" sold him ou t that he is not igbo..
A person with an active psycology would know he is afonja.

14 Likes

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by GavelSlam: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2017
mcbreeze:
The most foolish governor in the history of Ndi Igbo.
I hate this man with passion. Constantly selling your people to the Northerner.
It will be alright one day. He and his family must account for this now or later.

I thought your Lord and Saviour claimed he isn't even igbo.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by orisa37: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2017
There's no Hausa without Fulani in Nigeria again. The Fulanis have bleeped them off like Afonja. They will soon reach Imo State to make Afonja of Okorocha.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by es144000: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2017
nwakibie3:

CC:
lalasticlala
mynd44

They will start insulting him but he said the whole truth,who will entrust an igbo man with power now?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance by fulanmafia: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2017
This is the absolute truth, which is why instead of humbly going back to their political drawing board to restrategize, they're arrogantly and desperately seeking political relevance through blackmail/secession.

That's why when caught supporting PDP or restructuring while seeking breakup, they'd tell you Biafra is a "metaphor" grin grin grin

Python piss knows where to fall wink

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Over 300,000 Nigerians Benefits From ₦10 Billion MSMEs Fund – FG / Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis / You Are Playing With Fire – FFK Tells Herdsmen, Dares Buhari To Arrest OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.