Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? (27465 Views)

People That Get Jobs Without Connections And Work Experiences How Did You Do It? / Opeyemi Awoyemi: When Developers Get Jobs Abroad, Better Founders Emerge / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by NPComplete: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
dominique:
My sister got her current job via the platform about four years ago. Don't know about now with so many scam job vacancies littered there.

I swear the scam jobs now na die.
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Tinie: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
lonlytroy:
LinkedIn is dead in Nigeria

Relatively but when compared to other outlets in Nigeria, its one of the best. As far as your profile is set up well and you dont lie, you have a chance
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Brymo: 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
Connect with me via this link and let me endorse you
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sam-buraimoh-b65298117

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by sucess001(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2017
yep...i get contacted there regularly.

with a good and proper profile, you will get referrals regularly.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by ayogabriel(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2017
chyy5:
Is just where people show off. Where working class people show off to intimidate job seekers. Nobody cares about you there. If you are there please deactivate your profile and hit the street. Get a good shoe and walk around. God shall bless you with a good job. When God picks your call, sign up again and show off. Remember to upload office selfie on daily bases, every board meeting u must snap and upload, if you get close to any offshore facilities whether for excursion just snap, I mean snap and snap and upload.
Watch how ur connection will grow and ur inMail will increase geometrically.
People come there to talk about their 'whocaresabout' achievements and wouldn't care to help an applicant looking for job.
I've used that platform for long, I even activated linkedIn job alert notification and applied for almost all the jobs yet no success. The last one I applied for made me buy e-book for the exam and was also successful in the exam yet nothing happened.
I don't go there again, still hustling despite my 2.1 one day I will go back to upload my own work selfie. They are intimidating me joor!

The reason why you haven't been called, isn't far fetched now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by DarryOsh(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
chyy5:
Is just where people show off. Where working class people show off to intimidate job seekers. Nobody cares about you there. If you are there please deactivate your profile and hit the street. Get a good shoe and walk around. God shall bless you with a good job. When God picks your call, sign up again and show off. Remember to upload office selfie on daily bases, every board meeting u must snap and upload, if you get close to any offshore facilities whether for excursion just snap, I mean snap and snap and upload.
Watch how ur connection will grow and ur inMail will increase geometrically.
People come there to talk about their 'whocaresabout' achievements and wouldn't care to help an applicant looking for job.
I've used that platform for long, I even activated linkedIn job alert notification and applied for almost all the jobs yet no success. The last one I applied for made me buy e-book for the exam and was also successful in the exam yet nothing happened.
I don't go there again, still hustling despite my 2.1 one day I will go back to upload my own work selfie. They are intimidating me joor!

People get jobs via LinkedIn.

However, I think the platforms favours those who have work experience, not fresh graduates or people with limited experience.

I know a good number who got jobs via LinkedIn.
Usually, though, they don't apply. Companies go through profiles and invite those with the skills and experience they desire. Companies 'snatch' well qualified people via LinkedIn.

6 Likes

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
ayogabriel:

The reason why you haven't been called, isn't far fetched now.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by ekkywolex(m): 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yes. So many times. Recommended so many people too.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Owiii(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
Linkdin is meant for high profile skilled jobs not cleaner job or low level jobs..

I have seen people who got foreign jobs via that platform
I was contacted for a foreign job in Canada for an engineering role. Lost out because I couldn't speak French.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by kabaka1: 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
skydancer:

What do you mean by heavy?

he probably means a mouth watering contract like say he won the lottery of a contract
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Owiii(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
Naff24:

I rendered a short time services to the said company, but the payment was huge
What service was that? I'm interested please. Just hint me on how to go about it.
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by arowstev2000: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
My current boss got d job through linkedin

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Rick9(m): 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
There are some skills some job seekers are demanding for, if you list them on your profile, they might just contact you,
Maybe those job seekers may not Benin possession of such a skill,
After all not all graduates have the skillbof Graphics design and web design. Etc
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Shammak(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yeah!

Got 2 job offers in France and UK through LinkedIn

Also, I have been able to establish a strong working relationship with professionals in my field.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Naff24(f): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
designmogul:
Pray, what was the job description

It was a construction firm, got them GIS licensed software, installed, configured and trained their staffs.

4 Likes

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Naff24(f): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
Owiii:

What service was that? I'm interested please. Just hint me on how to go about it.

It was a construction firm, got them GIS licensed software, installed, configured and trained their staffs
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by ayibavictor8: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
Good day
Please can u give me guidelines on how to apply for a job through LinkedIn
Thanks
Contact me through....07037276598
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by kabaka1: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
Tinie:

Relatively but when compared to other outlets in Nigeria, its one of the best. As far as your profile is set up well and you dont lie, you have a chance

actually, partly in your qualifications is smart way to land an and a job via linkedin or other job platforms. the secret is that once u land a job u can always navigate ur way to get the knowledge you faked in your profile. u just have to be smart about it. I've met people who got good jobs now by applying this strategy
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by akano19(m): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
Plenty scammers on LinkedIn. I got a fake employment from there, so be careful
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Naff24(f): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
designmogul:
Okay, thank you

You welcome
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Tinie: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
kabaka1:

actually, partly in your qualifications is smart way to land an and a job via linkedin or other job platforms. the secret is that once u land a job u can always navigate ur way to get the knowledge you faked in your profile. u just have to be smart about it. I've met people who got good jobs now by applying this strategy

Lol, the hustle is real.

Im personally not comfortable doing that on my profile, cv but I understand.
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by dsocioemmy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
Is working for some while it doesnt work for others..
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by nuesmann(m): 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
it's all about how you use the platform. personally, I try to add people who are in Hr and sales. I got my present job via one of those
contacts.
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by Humility017(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
pooozeee:
The LinkedIn.com is nonsense, I have never seen or heard of any1 getting a job thru it
I did...I got my first job through LinkedIn...
all you need do...is to be very active on the platform...I mean very active and please don't post anyhow like trash....unlike Facebook your words and language should be strictly of professional level

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by peteofi(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
Well I just did an online interview for a job I got from LinkedIn. Was looking good until they asked me to pay some amount to have an interview in USA or locally. I think $150 for local interview. So now am thinking on LinkedIn again? The USA face to face meet was about $1500. So am a little skeptical about LinkedIn at the moment. And nope. This is the first interview am about to get and am already losing faith.
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by brightnonso: 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
kennyblaze007:

0816 398 2264 my watsapp number
I also need help. I have also added your number
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by lawrykings(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
Merriman:
Yes I got my recent job from the there

I will be glad to stay under your tutelage sir.
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by itsmeurLady(f): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yes I got a job from der even as a corper buh I cldnt resume immediately like they wanted Cs I was still serving... please I'd be rounding up next month, NLanders pls help a sister out, I don't wanna stay home after youth service!! cry cry cry
Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by babacares: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
i got my current job through linkedin, i still prefer it to jobberman and the rest.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? by ayogabriel(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
chyy5:

Thank you

I am been sarcastic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recruitment: EFCC Bars Married Applicants, NECA Kicks / What Do You Know About NewEdge Financial Limited / Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.