Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Unexpected Result - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unexpected Result (572 Views)

Unexpected Joy At Dawn (2018 Edition) By Alex Agyei Pdf Copy Needed / Unexpected Result / Unexpected Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unexpected Result by LIZTEJ(f): 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
SCENE TWO

(After the long vacation the student resumed back to Esther international college, feeling excited about their new classes)

Angela : Am feeling so excited today I cant stop thinking about the new faces in my new school

Jumoke : Angela leave that to me I will make your life in this school so interesting, its my school so there is no problem

Angela : I trust you, you must be really popular in your school because this one that everyone is greeting you I fear oo

Jumoke : What's the usefulness of being In a school if you are not popular, if you are not popular in your school then such students are known as dead students to me

Angela : I guess you are right we need to start getting famous in the right way but you cant be known by everyone in my school our population is high

Jumoke : What do you expect it's a public school but that doesn't mean some teachers and student wont know you ( They bumped into one of the students in the school)

Jumoke : Oh we are really sorry (she bent down to pick the books on the floor)

Samson : No need to worry I guess we were carried away by our discussion if not we should have seen you guys coming

Angela : No its our fault we should have been very vigilant we re really sorry

Jumoke : (Raised her head up to give the books to Samson,looking surprised) Here are your books we re sorry once again

Samson : Apology accepted since you guys cant stop appologising to me(winked at jumoke) where are you guys going to

Angela : To class where else will we go to

Jumoke : (blushing) Yes we are going to class would you like to join us

Samson : My pleasure jumoke

Jumoke : You remembered my name (smiling)

Samson : Why wont I remember my baby's face ,who stares at me all the time at school you haven't changed

Angela : Baby's face (felling disgusted)

Samson : Don't be surprised if I said baby's face she was my junior and also my school daughter then in primary school before she had double promotion and now she is my class mate what a brilliant girl

Angela : Oh sorry nice to meet you, you must be Samson don't be surprised have heard a lot about you am Angela jumoke's best friend

Samson : Oh nice to meet,where are my manners please forgive me for not noticing that you are  new around here

Jumoke : Yeah she is new around here

Samson : Ok welcome to esther international college one of the best school in Africa not only in Nigeria,well jumoke I will see your beautiful face later I need to see the principal now

Jumoke : No p (a slang known as problem) see ya

Angela : You are totally into this guy God when you told me he was handsome I didn't believe you he is fresh check his skin out

Jumoke : Yes he must be fresh he has been my crush since primary school its just a pity he didn't know it

Angela : Who told you he doesn't know, he knows didn't you hear all what he was saying, and you really made it obvious when we were young whenever we talk about boys especially cute boys you were always telling me about Samson you were like angela if you see what Samson did today you talked about him all the time to the extent that I thought you were losing focus in school because you even told me when Samson wears a new socks or shoe to school,the style of his hair and you told me so many things about Samson, I couldn't even wait to meet this guy called Samson

Jumoke : No wonder I was surprised when you mentioned his name I guess I told you he was my school father

Angela : Am sure you were really beautiful and brilliant back then because for boys they hardly have a school daughter and even if they have she must be beautiful and one more thing they must really have liked her a lot also before they approach girls to be their school daughter

Jumoke : What do you mean by back then am still beautiful infact beautiful is an understatement am more beautiful and more intelligent than I was then so watch what you say

Jumoke : Hmmmm have heard you miss world maybe he even had a crush on you then

Jumoke : Yes that's me (she turns around ) I wish he had a crush on me cant you see he is one of the most handsome ,intelligent and well behaved guy in our school so I wish is even an understatement I should have said I don't think so

Angela : Really, well you have the same qualities with him

Jumoke : Well maybe, I think I told you I got a scholarship abroad with some of my new classmate after my double promotion then, well Samson was part of those new classmate if not of my parents who didn't  agree that I should go maybe I would have been back with Samson and others now.

Angela : Yes you told me so Samson did his junior secondary school at Canada

Jumoke : Yes don't you know our school has a branch at Canada only our school uniform is different the rest of what we do in this school is the same they do in our branch at Canada

Angela : Ok now I understand so Samson is back for his senior secondary school no wonder your principal is a white man and even most of your teachers are not from this country

Jumoke : Yes, so lets hurry to the assembly, Samson and the others that just came back have prepared a speech for all the students about our branch in Canada and their experience and I wont like to miss it so please lets walk faster

Angela : Ok your wish is my command (they both laughed and hurried to the assembly hall)

(After the whole lesson, the bell rang for closing time)

Angela : I love todays lesson its very interesting,Mr Bernard is really good in English language I cant believe all classes are air conditioned

Jumoke : Have been expecting you to say that, I guess you agree with me that my school is the best

Angela : Yes my new school esther international college is the best in the whole world ( They both laughed )

Jumoke : It's the best indeed (She laughed )

Samson : (Runnig to catch up with the girls before they enter the school bus) Jumoke I was wondering if you guys can make it to my grandmother's birthday party on Saturday

Jumoke : My pleasure Samson I will make sure I come to grandmother's birthday party

Samson : what of the other girl

Jumoke : who which other girl

Samson : Your friend whats her name again (he hits his head)

Jumoke : Oh you mean angela, she will surely come no problem with that she is my bestie, Angela say something

Angela : No worries I will be there (she smiles)

Samson : Ok thank you very much I will be expecting you guys make sure you bring your invitation cards with you it is strictly by invitation bye

Angela & Jumoke : ok bye

Jumoke : (shouts) He Is so cute

Angela : yeah yeah can we go now

Jumoke : yes by the way why didn't you say anything when Samson was here

Angela : He called jumoke not angela how do you expect me to interfere into what I was not invited to, please spare me all that

(The student were dropped in their various home by the school bus,Jumoke was happy to see her parents at home)

Jumoke : Good afternoon dad, good afternoon mum

Mr owolabi : How re you dear

Jumoke : Am fine sir

Mrs owolabi : How was school today, I hope angela also enjoyed herself

Jumoke : Yes mum she was so excited and happy she said I should thank you for the scholarship your company gave to her thank you so much mother

Mrs owolabi : All thanks to God, I really didn't do anything if she didn't pass the exams then maybe she wouldn't have been to your school since she passed she really worth being in your school

Jumoke : Yeah that's true, mum am going in

Mr owolabi : Wait a minute I forgot to tell you something my brother is getting married this Saturday so we are travelling to the state this Saturday

Jumoke : Oh uncle francais am so happy for him I really wish I could follow you but have got plans for this Saturday

Mr owolabi : What other plan is more important than your uncle's wedding

Mrs owolabi : Your dad is right jummy what other plan do you have this Saturday

Jumoke : My friends grandma is having her birthday party this Saturday and I have promised him I will be there

Mr owolabi : So all because of your friend's grandma you wont go to your uncles wedding is that birthday party more important to you than your uncle's wedding,remember family matters first

Jumoke : Family matters first so you know Family matter is first when you abandoned me on the important days of my life or were you and mum there to celebrate my primary and junior secondary school graduation with me, no you weren't you were busy with your friends on that day to discuss some annoying things you call a discussion is that what you meant by family first or when have you ever remembered my birthday so shameful am ashamed of the both of you even my mother couldn't remember when she gave birth to her one and only child

Mrs owolabi : Don't get angry child I remembered I never forgot that day but I just couldn't celebrate with you you know the kind of job I do and you know I send you gifts which will be at your bedside every morning and the cards in the gift always extends my birthday greetings to you (looking sad)

Jumoke : This is where I get angry with you people you always get me pissed off for one reason or the other can you hear yourself and do you think your cards extending your greetings to me is more important than you being there to celebrate that beautiful moment with me if you think that way then its fine by me I will give you my gift and a card to extend my  greetings to uncle that's not bad right its not my fault but you know the kind of friends I have,3my cards and gifts will extend my greetings to uncle so don't worry (she walks away)

Mr owolabi : You should place that anger on us and not him he hasn't wronged you in anyway (He shouted)

Mrs owolabi : (crying) Oh my God, Honey she hates us (she was hugged by her husband)

Mr owolabi : Don't worry we will make it up to her even if it means you quit your job

Mrs owolabi : I don't mind I will quit if that's what to be done for me to have good times with my only daughter that's what mothers do for their family right, at least you will still be in the company

Mr owolabi : Yes you are right, I pray she calms down (they went to jumoke's room to pacify her)

Mrs owolabi : Jumoke am so sorry I know I haven't been a good mother to you please can you find it in your hearth to forgive me (crying)

Jumoke : Oh no mum don't cry do you want me to start crying also

Mrs owolabi : Am so sorry please forgive me your mother is here now am so sorry

Jumoke : (cries) I have forgiven you a long time ago, I only wanted you to realize what you re doing before its too late please forgive me also I shouldn't have been rude to you and dad am so sorry

Mr owolabi : No we re so sorry you were right we should have created time to spend with you,I promise you our family will be united once again and our lives will be sweeter than honey

Jumoke : Oh I love you both and I pray that God continues to be with us,please put a smile on your beautiful faces

Mr& Mrs owolabi : Amen (they smiled while hugging their daughter) light out
Re: Unexpected Result by LIZTEJ(f): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
SCENE 3

( The birthday party has started at samson's house ,everybody at the party dressed so nice and they were having fun)

Angela : I love this party ,its so organized by the way where is Samson

Jumoke : I don't think he is here let me check the sitting room (she left the garden for the sitting room and saw Samson sleeping ) Samson wake up everyone is waiting for you

Samson : (opened his eyes) Jumoke you are here

Jumoke : You have not changed a bit you are still a sleepy head stand up everyone is waiting for you at the party,I heard it is a surprise for your grandma

Samson : Yes have been planning it for a long time, how did you know I will be here

Jumoke : Funny you, have you forgotten the send off party before you travelled you were here sleeping, I was asked to wake you that day

Samson : Oh I remember I was surprised to see everyone back then

Jumoke : Yeah you should be, that party was a surprise for you

Samson (laughs) let me get my grandma tell everyone to sing for her once she opens her eyes

Jumoke : ok I will do just that(they both left )

Samson : (He brought his grandma covering her eyes ) Grandma are you ready to open your eyes

Grandmother : Of course I cant wait any longer (Samson freed her and she was so surprised ) wow am so happy thank you so much God bless you (she hugged samson ) oh my God I love this DJ play the music I want to dance its my day (she started dancing everyone joined her)

Jumoke : Samson can I dance with your grandma ,you know I love dancing

Samson : Of course you are free

(As jumoke was dancing she saw Samson laughing and talking with angela ,she went back to her seat)

Jumoke : So what are you guys talking about

Angela : Non of your concern girl , go on continue dancing

Jumoke : Fine if you wont tell me am going to get myself a drink

Angela : ok bring mine also

Jumoke : See your mouth like bring me a drink anyway I don't have a choice your majesty (they both laughed)

Samson : Funny girl (looked at a grinded meat the waiter serves the people) angela you should try these meat

Angela : I don't like eating this kind of meat

Samson : please try it , its delicious I never liked it until my grandma forced me ,its really tasty you will like it I promise, you will pick the next meat yourself trust me now(He tried to put the meat in her mouth)

Angela : Ok I will try it this time but if its tastes awful I will never listen to you again (she allowed him put it in her mouth, jumoke was watching them from afar) hmmmm its really delicious I love it( she picks another one but before she puts it in her mouth Samson already packed plenty of the meat and squeezed it in her mouth and ran away angela packed some meat to squeeze it in his mouth and ran after him)

Jumoke : (Jumoke went to meet them feeling jealous ) love wan tin tin ooo (she hissed and walked out )

Angela : please excuse me (she said to Samson and ran after jumoke) Jumoke what is wrong with you don't tell me you are jealous about I and Samson

Jumoke : You got hat you wanted what do you want again, you have snatched my boyfriend again and you expect me to be calm, Tony came he liked you, Raphael came he liked you now its Samson

Angela : Calm down, there was nothing between i and tony I never liked him but you know its possible to have an admire,and about Raphael ok maybe I liked Raphael but I found out he was a womanizer so I left him before you saw him and said you liked him, I warned you about him but you didn't listen

Jumoke : Alright I understand all that but what about Samson how can you explain what happened

Angela : Samson was only telling me what you do that looks funny to him like the way you stare at him everytime in school before he travelled, and he told me to try the grinded meat but I didn't like it so he squezzed it in my mouth and that was why I was chasing him,I wonder why you acted that way

Jumoke : Am so sorry I was thinking otherwise you people really looked like a couple out there,to be sincere it got to a point I was jealous and I couldn't hold it anymore

Angela : Seriously, so you Angela Owolabi can be jealous (she laughs ) like seriously I should hang out with Samson a lot am sure you will kill us and kill yourself over a boy that hasn't even said he liked you

Jumoke : Stop teasing me the way he looks at me makes me know he likes me

Angela : (she mimicks jumoke) The way he looks at me made me know he likes me funny you, you better face your studies and wait for the right time remember mum told us that we can at least date anybody we like in the university but that doesn't mean we wont keep ourself till our wedding night you better wait for the right time (she mimicks jumoke and laughs as she was going)

Jumoke : Stop that now (jumoke shouts )

Angela : Make me stop (she continues laughing and mimicking jumoke)

Jumoke : If I catch you ehn silly girl (she laughs and ran after angela

Angela : okay that is enough don't kill me lets go back to the party

Jumoke : You should also apologise to me

Angela : Apologise to you, why will I do that

Jumoke : What do you mean by why will you do that, you have to since you were not suppose to play with Samson like that its not like you know him before

Angela : So because I played with your friend a little I have to apologise for that anyway sorry since you said I should apologise

Jumoke : He is not just my friend you should know he is my boyfriend

Angela : Boyfriend (she laughs) You are not serious at all , he hasn't said he likes you so what is your problem

Jumoke : My problem is you I don't like the way you apologized to me

Angela : I said am sorry whatelse do you want me to do to please you

Jumoke : Oh you think it is easy to forgive just like that ,look at the way you are apologizing to me after I making me walk miles and wasting my siliver before you explained what happened to me

Angela : So what , you are not sounding real at all what is your problem this jealousy is getting out of hand I already told you am sorry if you don't want to accept no problem, infact I will make you more jealous if that is what you want

Jumoke : I see so you didn't even tell me what really happened or did Samson woe you at all tell me

Angela : You know what if I ever have a relationship with Samson you pushed me to it. Because you worry me about things that are irrelevant and now I will make you more jealous I will love Samson the more since you love lies,to be sincere I had a crush on him immediately I saw him it was love at first sight I never knew he was Samson who will see such a handsome, nice and intelligent boy and wont like him, most of the girls in this school likes him so I don't see a big deal in liking him,I almost gave him up because of you but since you don't act martured I will make you martured, since he hasn't even said he likes you there is a big chance for everygirl in this school (She walked away leaving jumoke speechless)

Jumoke : Is this girl serious anyway that wont spoil my mood (she carried her bag and left the party)

light out

(1) (Reply)

Mr. And Mrs. / Midnight Conversations : Flash Fiction / Story Alert!!! Travails Of A Budding Poet - A Poetic Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.