Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? (34144 Views)

Jim Beam Bartender Competition Worth N500k #jimbeammixoff / Win N500k In The Itel #igotthemoves Dance Competition / Apostle Suleman Gifts Football Juggler N500k After Showing Some Onderful Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by queenfav(f): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
MrBigiman:

Advice very much appreciated
Uwc bro.. About the car thing.. Please shine your eye bro. I sense she has serious "obiageli" (i have come to enjoy) mentality. Look before you leap! From what you said, i am not sure she is financially and emotionally ready for marriage. Sorry, but i need to be honest here.She has to know marriage isn't all sugar.. Ability to adjust and weather the storms of life matters a lot. I see nothing wrong with trekking while married. So long as you have plans in motion, and hustle to ensure you don't trek for too long.. A car isn't a sign of being wealthy in my opinion.. Let her check her friends or whoever is advising her. She clearly cares a lot about what the world would say, hence the need to impress.I like comfort a lot, but the ability to plan around what you have, without being overly extravagant is key. You can't please the world, so don't let her make u go broke trying to keep up with the Joneses.

14 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by jashar(f): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.

Eeerrmmm......
No vex ooo...
Are you sure you want to marry that lady?

Just a question oooo....

8 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by MrBigiman: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
jashar:

Eeerrmmm...... No vex ooo... Are you sure you want to marry that lady?
Just a question oooo....
Guy shun.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by vanvick247(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.

Seriously?!! A ride is a liability if u don't have the resources to maintain it for now ooo..

Like sum1 said please no matter the amount u plan on spending for your wedding, please try and ensure you have a reasonable amount left in your account after your spendings. Coz life after the wedding day naim be the koko oooo!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by vanvick247(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2017
queenfav:
lwkmd.. Sorry but is she kidding ? How old is she? Your woman shud be able to plan arnd what u have. I am having my trad and registry marriage this December.The registry wedding will be a private affair, just few persons going with us.For the trad, we are planning for only 200 guests. Finally, we no go spend pass 800k.We settled for that to cut costs and save money for projects that will benefit our lives. Better that way, than clearing our account just so we can have a society wedding to the detriment of our finances. My point is she should be concerned abt your lives after marriage than a one day affair. Thankfully i and le boo are very real about our finances. We have a lot to do with money after marriage, hence decided to do what we can easily afford . If she wants you to steal, no wahala. But u have to sit her down and let her know what u can afford. I am sure she is trying to impress friends. Just tell her to be realistic. What you spend getting married isn't a guarantee that the union will be a happy one. Left to me sef, i would just walk into a registry, get married in jeans and go on vacation with d money i would have used to feed crowd. An older friend of mine told me how she and her husband got married with 25k,and they are still happily married after many years. They didn't have a reception, just paid for food for few friends who followed them to a restaurant. Bottomline, she has to understand and plan with what u have, except she wants to assist u financially. Don't empty your account because you want to marry, it's just one day. Una no go chop love o! Have a budget and stick to it. You guys will be fine with good planning.

Cool advice and congrats in advance.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by queenfav(f): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2017
vanvick247:

Cool advice and congrats in advance.
Thanks bro.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by bumi10(m): 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
which kind question be that?

u get money now
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by martineverest(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
those kenya couple will give u a better anwser
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by AntiWailer: 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
Why ceremony ?

Use just 100k for court and do church on a week day.

Save the 400k and buy a car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Saintsbrown(m): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Wht if the ride gets Missing or accident?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by McOsheBaba(m): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
You can conduct it with only 10k self. It all depends on what your pride allows you to forfeit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by dake40(m): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
If the latter is the case, i will proceed to breakdown the expenses for you.
Traditional marriage : (200k)
- attire for couple : 30k
-5 crates of malt (120pcs) : 15k
-Half bag of rice and condiments: 40k
-1 cow leg : 15k
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Wedding / Registry : 300k
Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
Brides outfit : 50k
Dj :10k (Get a friend to do Mc)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin
Chairs, canopies, decoration: 50k
Rings, Cake : 50k
photography :50k

Tips on how to save more money
1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
2. Use an open field for reception
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.
8. Please do not serve alcohol at ur wedding if you want to cut cost.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

Please marry me
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by sidneyeze: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Advice very much appreciated
Very possible Bro
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by dake40(m): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
If the latter is the case, i will proceed to breakdown the expenses for you.
Traditional marriage : (200k)
- attire for couple : 30k
-5 crates of malt (120pcs) : 15k
-Half bag of rice and condiments: 40k
-1 cow leg : 15k
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Wedding / Registry : 300k
Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
Brides outfit : 50k
Dj :10k (Get a friend to do Mc)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin
Chairs, canopies, decoration: 50k
Rings, Cake : 50k
photography :50k

Tips on how to save more money
1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
2. Use an open field for reception
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.
8. Please do not serve alcohol at ur wedding if you want to cut cost.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

Please marry me
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Ofemmanu1: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
If its Abokki or Igbo weddings, why not?!

You don't do that shitt is SW.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by erico2k2(m): 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:
I have a heart felt question to ask, can one conduct a wedding ceremony with 500k in this recession. Kindly advice and give a Bachelor a reasonable break down. God bless.
yes even N50K, it all depends on waht you want, Money must never be an issue in getting married!.

2 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by wildchild02: 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
of courese, its possible

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
We sha like wasting money grin

2 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Ayo4251(m): 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
When ordinary cow is 250k.......i don't think 500k will do
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Saintsbrown(m): 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
queenfav:
Uwc bro.. About the car thing.. Please shine your eye bro. I sense she has serious "obiageli" (i have come to enjoy) mentality. Look before you leap! From what you said, i am not sure she is financially and emotionally ready for marriage. Sorry, but i need to be honest here.She has to know marriage isn't all sugar.. Ability to adjust and weather the storms of life matters a lot. I see nothing wrong with trekking while married. So long as you have plans in motion, and hustle to ensure you don't trek for too long.. A car isn't a sign of being wealthy in my opinion.. Let her check her friends or whoever is advising her. She clearly cares a lot about what the world would say, hence the need to impress.I like comfort a lot, but the ability to plan around what you have, without being overly extravagant is key. You can't please the world, so don't let her make u go broke trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Bro, thts exactly wht on my mind.
A good wife will accept u even if u have no penny.
Op should be careful.

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by femo122: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
Possible
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by adegeye38(m): 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

saving 800k and spending 500 k on a wedding is idiotic, your fiancé is a materialistic, and foolish and myopic bitch, you should run from women like that,

Invest that money on business

you can do a simple beautiful wedding with a women who deserves you, get a beautiful location one evening invite family and friends, and get a clergy man to join you, then organize a dinner afterwards, classy, nd u will spend less than 200k

2 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Thylord(m): 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
jidedavid:
Cut your coat according to your size... i dont even know why i would spend millions on wedding sef.... my own opinion na introduction, Engagement and registry.... anything more than this, or her family demanding for more?? make dem carry their pikin i no marry again be that.. and they will be damned when i already don plant seed inside her womb
zero chill niggur
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by dust144(m): 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
1man of God
1parent groom
1parent bride
1friend groom
1friend bride
1sibling groom
1sibling bride
Take them to KFC and you will have change of 450,000.

6 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by bayulll011(m): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ishilove:

MrBigiman, church wedding is not by force, neither is it scriptural. It is us humans that have imposed man made doctrines on ourselves. What you should do is traditional wedding then church blessing.

I advise you follow this lady's break down but transfer what you want to spend on white wedding to the trad.

no mind them jaweee.

for me court most important cos we need to jand.

the op should cut his cut according to his size
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by chizzy161(f): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
Even with less. Consult me
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by metulated007(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
Na Bleep u wan marry abi, oya u go Bleep tire.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by erico2k2(m): 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

ahah iza very zimple thing ask her howmuch she is bringing to the over head cost after all, there is nowhere it says only the Man must provide all the money needed for the wedding.

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Afamed: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

The big question is, how much is her contributions towards this project? My brother, be your own driver, don't allow anyone to dictate for you. Saying this from experience.

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by ednut1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
All i see is a man signing up for doom.she say u shud up it to 1.4m and get her a car. weak men everywhere

10 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

She's not ready to settle down, please don't kill yourself. Even if you end up marring her, she will nag you to death with increasing demands. She's not understanding and responsible, sorry to say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Alech101(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
well depends on how you both see it. I wedded with N200k and we are fine and more than ok. I explained everything to her and she know what i earns and my savings. She explained everything to the family and they saw reason and when all those "uncles and aunties" were trying to cause trouble, they all stood their ground.And seriously we had a superb wedding even more than what we planned. We both decided on what we wanted. The way i see it, there is no big or small wedding it all depends on how you view it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Couple Engage In Money Spraying Competition At Their Wedding (video, Photo) / Two Sisters Wed Same Time In Zaria, Kaduna State (Photos) / Girl Slays In Her 5th Birthday Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.