Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,747 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? (34132 Views)

Jim Beam Bartender Competition Worth N500k #jimbeammixoff / Win N500k In The Itel #igotthemoves Dance Competition / Apostle Suleman Gifts Football Juggler N500k After Showing Some Onderful Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by queenfav(f): 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
lovelyncakes17:
God bless you. im planning my registry now with just 70k.
That's the way to go sis.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.
Really? Let me ask what is she supporting you with ( Financially) ? If she is not supporting in any way , please tell her to still stay in her father house , may be when she is over thrirty she go get sense. Nosense, so she value a day ceremony more than a life time commitment. So after wedding she want to start sucking garri?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by manmidtexy(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
Anything is possible, even with N100k

correct planning is the success of anything in this life.

"Give me six hours to chop down a big tree, i will use the first four hours to sharpen the axe."

MrBigiman:
I have a heart felt question to ask, can one conduct a wedding ceremony with 500k in this recession. Kindly advice and give a Bachelor a reasonable break down. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
God help you if your intending wife of from Mbaise Imo state.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by obindomanya(m): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
If the latter is the case, i will proceed to breakdown the expenses for you.
Traditional marriage : (200k)
- attire for couple : 30k
-5 crates of malt (120pcs) : 15k
-Half bag of rice and condiments: 40k
-1 cow leg : 15k
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Wedding / Registry : 300k
Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
Brides outfit : 50k
Dj :10k (Get a friend to do Mc)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin
Chairs, canopies, decoration: 50k
Rings, Cake : 50k
photography :50k

Tips on how to save more money
1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
2. Use an open field for reception
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.
8. Please do not serve alcohol at ur wedding if you want to cut cost.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

smart
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by lereinter(m): 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.

your gf or wife said this
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by beejaay: 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin

1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
E go better my brother
Amen, bright days ahead
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by ikp120(m): 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Don't say I didn't warn you bro. You are heading for trouble when you marry that girl. The signs are already there.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Prestige2050: 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:

Nice

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

If after hearing these from her and you still want to marry her then you MUMU is raised to power 10.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by MrBigiman: 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
opal4real:

If after hearing these from her and you still want to marry her then you MUMU is raised to power 10.

Bro I only sort for advice on how to go about d expenses. One luv.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:

Can't stop laughing cheesy

How market? cheesy

Cc
ADEPETER2027
Hahn

When in Rome act like Romans

If I have to compromise for the woman I love then why not? undecided
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 10:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
hahn:

When in Rome act like Romans

If I have to compromise for the woman I love then why not? undecided
But you will just be shaking your head for the pastors when they're praying for you tongue
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
But you will just be shaking your head for the pastors when they're praying for you tongue

Wetin man go do na

After my father in law died we had to attend thanksgiving service at his church and he called the family to pray. I know it is all useless but I just had to go with it to honor him

While in the church one of his sons was giving everyone money to pay as offering. I collected my own 2k jeje and ate egg roll and fanta after the service cheesy grin

We live in a religious society and just so you do not destroy relationships and ties you sorta have to blend in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Adadioranma79(f): 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
800k home and abroad, yet she'scomfortable with you spending more than half of it and even still asking for more? Even saying she cant trek after marriage? Bros abeg for your sake and your future sanity, rethink this marriage thing with this girl, these are signs of things to come i dey tell you.
MrBigiman:

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Adadioranma79(f): 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
@Acidosis, you a guy or gal pls?
Acidosis:

Please do not create problems for yourself. To buttress Ishi's point, majority of the problems we face today are man-made. We spend 20 hours creating problems for ourselves, and then struggle through the remaining hours of the day looking for solutions.

You have saved N800,000. Go ahead and marry a woman that shares same orientation with you. Many women out there do not need the 'ovation' kind of wedding... don't be scared of anything, they all possess the same body structure and endowment. Spending N1 trillion on a wedding won't automatically give you access to four brea.sts on your wedding night.

A group of businessmen just sat down and derived a way to suck out money from intending couples and they felt the best way to go about it is to build wedding dress worth millions, event centres, etc. Since they are aware that many people out there are mu.mu "sheep-ers" to celebrities, they make sure their services and products get endorsed by celebrities.

You are a human with a mind of your own, you can break the chain!

About the car talk, I sincerely think that you're about getting married the wrong woman. If your woman is not ready to take that public transport with you, then quit. Get a car at a convenient period when you're sure that YOU (not a girlfriend) will NEED it.

If Danfo is what you use, ensure you get a woman that feels comfortable in Danfo, if she bothers you with Uber requests, quit! She's not your type.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Acidosis(m): 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
Adadioranma79:
@Acidosis, you a guy or gal pls?
a guy ma'am
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Adadioranma79(f): 11:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cool, thanks for replying
Acidosis:

a guy ma'am

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
hahn:

Wetin man go do na

After my father in law died we had to attend thanksgiving service at his church and he called the family to pray. I know it is all useless but I just had to go with it to honor him

While in the church one of his sons was giving everyone money to pay as offering. I collected my own 2k jeje and ate egg roll and fanta after the service cheesy grin

We live in a religious society and just so you do not destroy relationships and ties you sorta have to blend in
We live in a religious society where atheism will deprive you of many things when publicized. In fact, it may even deprive you of job cheesy
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Acidosis(m): 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Cool, thanks for replying
You're welcome
Why did you ask?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by beblessed(f): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Na wa o. How can she say that? Oya make her family buy her car. Nonsense
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Adadioranma79(f): 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
Just curious is all
Acidosis:

You're welcome

Why did you ask?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Acidosis(m): 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Just curious is all
alright dear
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Adadioranma79(f): 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
grin
Acidosis:
alright dear
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by bummyla(m): 12:12am On Sep 26, 2017
MrBigiman:

How much has she contributed to the wedding! Or does she think she is doing you a favour by marrying you? Let her bring the remaining N900k, una 2 don become 1 now! You go kill yourself. Ladies pay more attention to what people will say about their wedding & not how blessed their marriage will be!

2 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by moonraker(m): 2:28am On Sep 26, 2017
MrBigiman:

Young Man, Sorry to say but your Fiancee is heartless and isnt ready to get married lol.

Like are you kidding me?? She even wants a Car?? I would rather stay single than settle for a woman like that. Just saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by FerrytimCharis: 4:24am On Sep 26, 2017
For your photography jobs. Kindly contact Deluxe Fotography on 0 8 1 4 4 3 8 5 2 9 4
We can always sort things out with ur budget.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 26, 2017
MrBigiman:

Bro I only sort for advice on how to go about d expenses. One luv.

Abeg use the 800k and borrow more to round up d 1.4m wedding she has in mind.

#Price tag wife
#When a man is in Love,a new mumu is born.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Acidosis(m): 8:04am On Sep 26, 2017
Adadioranma79:
grin
LOL

What's that for? cheesy
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by RAFIC(m): 9:12am On Sep 26, 2017
BellaElla:

This is the most beautiful comment I've ever seen on Nairaland.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 10:04am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
We live in a religious society where atheism will deprive you of many things when publicized. In fact, it may even deprive you of job cheesy

I am self employed tongue

But it is true that goes to a large extent to show just how nonsensical the whole concept of religion is. Theists are constantly looking for people to share in their delusion and if you don't you are an enemy

Since my family know I do not believe in their god they are acting funnier than usual and I really do not care. Who dem epp? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Groom’s Father Turns Michael Jackson At Son's Wedding / Couple Engage In Money Spraying Competition At Their Wedding (video, Photo) / Two Sisters Wed Same Time In Zaria, Kaduna State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.