Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria (462 Views)

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Is Having A Bad Time, This Is Why / BREAKING NEWS: Mark Zuckerberg’s Instagram Launches IGTV App For Long Videos / "My 2018 Goal Is To Fix Facebook" - Mark Zuckerberg Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by danielude53(m): 12:39am On Sep 21, 2017
These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria

Emeuwa Lazrus September 18, 2017 Tech

Yes we now have more information on Mark zuckerberg visit to Nigeria. According to APO, Mark is not here just to make press conference but he is here to also learn, listen and get ideas home on how Facebook can better support tech development and entrepreneurship across Africa.

Mark will be using his time to meet with developers and partners, explore Nollywood and to also visit Yaba technology hub in Lagos. One of his first stop was the visit to ‘Summer of Code Camp’ at the Co-Creation Hub (CcHub) in Yaba, known as the Silicon Valley of Nigeria. After the visit Mark zuckerberg, CEO of facebook has this to say:

“This is my first trip to sub-Saharan Africa. I’ll be meeting with developers and entrepreneurs, and learning about the startup ecosystem in Nigeria. The energy here is amazing and I’m excited to learn as much as I can.

“The first place I got to visit was the Co-creation Hub Nigeria (CcHUB) in Yaba. I got to talk to kids at a summer coding camp and entrepreneurs who come to CcHub to build and launch their apps. I’m looking forward to meeting more people in Nigeria.”

He also visit Andela -- an engineering organization that is building the next generation of technical leaders in Africa.

Andela is the brain behind turning a group of talented technologists in Africa and refine them into a world class developers via a four year program. This got Mark zuckerberg attention and prompt the facebook CEO to invest in Andela's innovative model of learning. Andela director, Seni Sulyman has this to say:

We are excited and honored to welcome Mark Zuckerberg to Lagos. His visit reinforces not only his support of Andela’s mission, but his belief that indeed the next generation of great technology leaders will come out of Lagos, Nigeria and cities across Africa. Andela has created a platform for passionate, driven software developers and engineers to break into the global tech ecosystem, but the barriers to entry are still very high.

Mark’s visit demonstrates to all Nigerian developers and entrepreneurs that they’ve caught the attention of the tech world, and they are capable of succeeding on a truly global level.”

At the end of yesterday Mark stop by an ExpressWifi stand in Lagos which is owned by Rosemary Njoku. Facebook’s Express WiFi lets entrepreneurs like Rosemary set up a hot spot to help their community access apps and services built by local developers. There will be more event today, Techpill will update you as it unfold stay glue here.

http://emeuwa..com
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by Depreacherman(m): 1:14am On Sep 21, 2017
Mark! Am waiting for more updates

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Z3 For Sale In Lagos @15k Negotiable SOLD / USA Used HP Envy 15 For Sale / UK Used Iphone 6s 32gb For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.