Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria (2623 Views)

Real Reason God Allows Igbo To Be Marginalized In Nigeria – Jonathan’s Ex-aide, / We Are Highly Marginalized In South West - Yoruba Elders / Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
SuperStriker:
Agreed, there is marginalization everywhere but that of the Igbo is state sponsored and well orchestrated.

WHY IGBOS ARE ANGRY WITH NIGERIA By Collins Onuegbu My friends who are not from the East of Nigeria where Igbos come from often ask me why there is so much anger in the East and among Igbos. Some wonder why, despite the famed Igbo” wealth’ and enterprise all over Nigeria, the people still complain that Nigeria is unfair to them. Some insinuate that the anger comes from the loss of the 2015 election by Jonathan who the Igbos heavily backed.

And why is it that the current generation of Igbos are so angry as to contemplate carrying arms against the country? With lots are following Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB with his secessionist message. Those not following may despise his antics and rhetoric but are sympathetic to his underlying message? And what is that message? That Igbos don’t feel wanted in Nigeria. That decades of official marginalization and discrimination should be stopped or they would be ready to take their chances in a new nation.

First, for those who think this is all about Jonathan and Buhari. It is not. Igbos were disappointed that Jonathan did not win. But those whose candidates lose elections lick their wounds. It is allowed. It happens when your candidate loses election. Why did the Igbos invest so much emotions in Jonathan, a non-Igbo Ijaw? It was more because of the fear of their experience in the past 50 years. Nigeria has placed an embargo on any Igbo man becoming Nigerian president. Jonathan was the next best thing. Other parts of Nigeria have supported their sons to the presidency. Some have bombed Nigeria into submission to get their son to Aso Rock. Igbos have little capacity to blackmail Nigeria to the presidency. They chose Jonathan as their “Igbo” . But that’s not to say that they are angry enough because he lost to contemplate going to war on his behalf. Jonathan was not really the model of a President you would go to war for. And his Ijaw people have accepted his loss. So?

Igbo anger has been building up in Nigeria since I was a kid in the 70s. As kids, we made choices in our school years based on the narrative of the Igbo place in Nigeria. We knew of the glass ceiling against Igbos before we were out of puberty. After the civil war, despite the “No winner, no vanquished” program, Nigeria placed glass ceilings and no-go areas for Igbos. The war reconstruction program was observed more in the breach. There was the “abandoned” property program that was introduced to drive a wedge between components of the former South-East Nigeria. While the country was too embarrassed to put the discrimination program down in an official gazette, it was there for anyone who cared to look. It was evident in the Igbo police officer who stayed in one position while less qualifies juniors progressed to become his bosses. It was evident when no Igbo qualified to become the Inspector General of Police, or leader any division in the armed forces. It was there when ‘ sensitive” or ‘lucrative “ positions were shared in Nigeria and Igbos were conspicuously absent. It was there when Igbos were only fit enough to be made Minister of Information until Obasanjo came to power. And even recently, it was there when Buhari appointed 47 people to man the critical roles in his government and no one from the South east was there. Any time there is a federal appointment in Nigeria, its usually the east that shouts. It was there from Buhari first term to his second term and anyone in-between.

The Igbo elite called it marginalization. Other Nigerians countered by saying no part of Nigeria was getting enough. Marginalization was universal. But they forgot something. The Igbo cry of marginalization was official policy. It was expected. It was programmed. And occasionally, key government officials let it slip that Igbos should not complain. After all, they fought a war with Nigeria. Talk about No Victor, No Vanquished. There was a Victor alright. And they were reminded of that at every turn. Every appointment. Every national project. Nigeria was only pretending. Igbos were licking their wounds and complaining and the rest of Nigeria was too busy to notice.

Go to the South-East today. Since the 70s and the oil boom. Nigeria has invested in commercial industries across the country. None has been sited in the South east. None. Refineries, Steel Plants, Cement Firms. Any Industry. The South East was systematically de-industrialized. Even when it was the best location for any industry, there was always a reason why it should not be sited there. What this means was that any Igbo man that wanted to work in a commercial federal establishment had to leave the east. Add this to the indigenization policy of the early 70s that pushed the Igbos out of private companies. It meant that international companies also avoided expansion into the south east. The Nigerian Breweries, the Dunlop and other such firms sited their plants outside the East and only set up distribution centers to sell in the region. This is one of the main reasons the exodus of Igbos from the zone accelerated after the war and continues to this day despite the hostility they face in certain parts of Nigeria. And why most became traders and commercial business men. Because access to organized work either in the government, government commercial institutions and even commercial institutions were limited.

The only industrial enterprise in the east are built by easterners; Nnewi, Aba, Onitsha. These are Igbo indigenous industrial cities.

This has been the practice since the end of the war.

In addition to this, the Federal Government has systematically made it difficult for Easterners to do commercial business even in the East. The Federal Roads in the East are some of the worst in Nigeria. The Eastern Sea ports have been made ineffective. It was a war to get the Enugu Airport upgraded to an International Airport. The former Finance Minister shed tears on the day the first International Flight landed in Enugu. Yes, Okonjo Iwealla cried! Recently, it was only the South East that was conspicuously missing in the New Railway Plan of the Federal Government. Nigeria has 6 regions. And one was missing in a national railway plan. Incidentally, Igbos who reside here are the most itinerant in the country and would benefit most from a national transport plan. Even our President changed the plan to include his village but a zone of the country was not included.

When you go to the east, despite the lack of federal presence, the presence of police all over the east tells a story. They mount road blocks and make it difficult to have commercial activity. Recently, Customs has joined. And lastly the army. It is an occupied territory. They extort money. They intimate. They recently have started killing.

Nigeria has made the east unlivable. Purposely. Carefully.

I am often in conversations where people accuse the east of being clannish. That while we are welcome in all parts of Nigeria, outsiders cannot come to the East. My question is: why would you come to the east? To do what? There is no business to do in the east. Nigeria has ensured that. Why would someone from the South West of Nigeria go to the East to invest? No one would prevent you. But it hardly makes commercial sense. Nigeria has ensured that. Those from the North are there in droves. Igbos love to celebrate with cows. And the cattlemen go there to sell their cattle. No one molests them. In my village and most villages in the East, they live unmolested. But those are the only people who can find commercial reason to be there!

So those who wonder why Igbos are angry, wonder no more. While most would not dare carry arms against Nigeria, don’t under estimate the level of disconnection and anger especially among the younger generation. Nigeria is made of nations that came together to form a country. No nation will like to be in perpetual servitude. That Nnamdi Kanu’s supporters starred down army tanks with sticks is a sign that the next generation will be ready to fight bare hands if necessary to stop Nigeria treating the Igbo nation as second-class citizens. There will be fiercer and angrier Kanus in our immediate future if Nigeria does not officially stop the “vanquished “program against the Igbos who fought the civil war. You cannot preach unity and indivisibility of the country on TV and all your actions point at discriminating against the components of the country. It is as dangerous as it is foolhardy. Let those who preach unity walk the talk and stop open discrimination of their countrymen. History has shown that you cannot decree peace. You cannot decree unity. You cannot force any group to belong to a country by force, it may work for a time. But never sustainable.

Nigeria has a lot to look forward to as a united country. It also has enough for the regions and nations that make up the country. Our diversity is a blessing. Our failure to reach our potential is caused mostly by the internal contradictions and the inability to build a fair country that can bring out the best out of her component regions. Those who shout most about loving Nigeria today are mostly those its current unfair structure favor. But Nigeria will continue being as strong as its weakest link. And the weak links are all there to see. The East is one of the weakest links. Until it stops being a weak link, Nigeria cannot truly make progress.

Maybe Its your culture and way of life that is not attractive to other Nigerians, try and change but i guess that will not be possible because its a natural thing.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 4:01am On Sep 22, 2017
TheKabal:

Another emotional response to a logical questions.

North has the lowest education, economical and health indices.

The roads in the north are good and strong because the have good land. Roads are cheaper to build in the north.

Stop giving us history the things your village people did for their own benefit.
How many times you heard Muslim in the north demand for rights for good education or road or water etc ?. So giving more power to States or restructuring will dismantle some if not many of their north Muslim interest against the south... That is why u see them kick against everything and till date there has never been any known solution about Nigeria supported from the North... All you hear from them is on religion matter or killing but who religion eep? abi na IPhone them produce before? Am not a northern but I want Zamfara to be like Lagos.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
obailala:
What sort of repulsive reasoning is this?... You come in public and dare to say a people don't deserve quality schools or an education (because they don't value it); you give this as a justification as to why you think they aren't also marginalised by the same government which you claim marginalises you. But you expect the rest of the world to give a damn about your own cries of marginalisation?... Once again, what sort of repulsive mentality is that? undecided

Onyeutali, ha kwesiri iji utali ahu pia gbu gi angry
I'm surprised too.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
happybrother:
OP,
Marginalization in Nigeria is ubiquitous.
1. The federation with the support of a few who are from every tribe connive to marginalise the Nigerian masses.
2. The masses by the aid of illiteracy and ignorance marginalise each other in support of those who oppress them.
However one can say that the greatest marginalized are those whose fight their fellow oppressed on any issue. But in a matter of time all the oppressed would wake up.
I like this.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
BALLOSKI:
Except if marginalization means different things to different people, I want to believe we are all in this together.

I'm a northerner who has traversed the whole of southern Nigeria; of course, this gives me an edge and authority to say a thing or two from experience.

There's a living poverty in the north( what else could make someone leave his family up north and go down south to be a shoe-shiner or mai-guard just to earn meagre change?). Development are concentrated at the city centres. Other places really do not have anything to show.

You'll all agree with me that the crisis in the north-east has its roots in poverty and years of neglect( Davido or well-fed kids can't accept to be suicide bombers).

I served in the east, and for a whole year , I stayed there without visiting home. You can see why I'm angry at Nnamdi Kanu for making that very peaceful, serene and beautiful Umuahia a hotbed of his activity.

Ibo towns are developed and are well planned out; they build their villages(no matter how small it's , you will see one or two very big houses planted in the bush).

Just like every other places in Nigeria , they have their challenges in terms of infrastructural decay, but that is not to say they're the worst hit( I've seen it all in the north).

The little our governors get , they put into use...despite corruption that we have in the system. But you have the governors not doing anything(excluding Chime, Obiano, Ngige and Umahi), and they in turn instigate some of their followers to come online and tag all of us parasites living in the north where their money is used in developing( where the development sef?).

You want 100% resource control, but there's nothing to show for the one you've gotten. You gave them little, they siphoned and you want more for them(governors) . Just Negodu!

Marginalization means if people from the SE are not in key positions of government. But , Jonathan had many of them in key positions and they were heavily represented.

Why hasn't this huge representation in GEJ's government translated to all the roads in the east being fixed and save them the energy they use in blaming Buhari for everything that happens in that region?

My question is: which region is not marginalized in Nigeria?
Proliferation of marginalization cannot legalize marginalization
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
giftq:

Proliferation of marginalization cannot legalize marginalization
it can't. But does that mean we should blame other victims of marginalization?
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
BALLOSKI:
it can't. But does that mean we should blame other victims of marginalization?
Some are more marginalized than others
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
Kingspin:
How many times you heard Muslim in the north demand for rights for good education or road or water etc ?. So giving more power to States or restructuring will dismantle some if not many of their north Muslim interest against the south... That is why u see them kick against everything and till date there has never been any known solution about Nigeria supported from the North... All you hear from them is on religion matter or killing but who religion eep? abi na IPhone them produce before? Am not a northern but I want Zamfara to be like Lagos.
just negodu
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
giftq:

Some are more marginalized than others
this I want people to prove to me. Don't tell SW is any better.

Mynd44 , lalasticlala , seun
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
BALLOSKI:
this I want people to prove to me. Don't tell SW is any better.

Mynd44 , lalasticlala , seun
Start with federal presence in the SE

GEJ made Enugu airport international and many people grumbled
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
People arguing who's the biggest victim. This is funny.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
giftq:

Start with federal presence in the SE

GEJ made Enugu airport international and many people grumbled
Good. And the igbo woman as the minister then rubbished everything? The airport that became a floodplain under an Ibo woman's stewardship?

Who grumbled?
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
Blue3k:
People arguing who's the biggest victim. Thiso is funny.
they have not told me one case of marginalization that's not heard or seen anywhere in Nigeria. I mean the one that's just peculiar to them.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
BALLOSKI:
Good. And the igbo woman as the minister then rubbished everything? The airport that became a floodplain under an Ibo woman's stewardship?

Who grumbled?
efficient Sea ports lacking in SE and SS
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
giftq:

efficient Sea ports lacking in SE and SS
are you saying somebody diverted all the cargo to Lagos? I think there was a thread on this and statistics disputed the claim on SS. Again, where do you want a port to be located in the SE?
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
North the only region marginalizing itself.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
Kingspin:
North the only region marginalizing itself.
in what sense?
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
BALLOSKI:
they have not told me one case of marginalization that's not heard or seen anywhere in Nigeria. I mean the one that's just peculiar to them.

I don't believe much in marginalization but more of bad policy by federal government. The next biggest issue is inaction by state governments. Everyone forgets about their state assembly power. The SE didn't need to wait for federal government to build an airport. They could have done it themselves. Dutse international airport and Akwa Ibom airport bother built by states.

The ports issue same thing. The federal government should have focused on building deep seaports instead of wasting time with smaller port projects. All the seaport projects like Lekki, Ibom, Bakassi are state ambitions mainly. The ports work and your allowed to bring in what oil and non oil items.

The only thing I might consider marginalization is lack of environmental regulations in Niger delta. The oil spills not causes by bombing or bunking keep in mind. If the activities adversely effected people livelihoods in fishing and farming without forcing companies to compensate commuity. I'm just not sure if and why state government didn't pass stricter environmental regulations and fund clean up efforts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Blue3k:

I don't believe much in marginalization but more of bad policy by federal government. The next biggest issue is inaction by state governments. Everyone forgets about their state assembly power. The SE didn't need to wait for federal government to build an airport. They could have done it themselves. Dutse international airport and Akwa Ibom airport bother built by states.

The ports issue same thing. The federal government should have focused on building deep seaports instead of wasting time with smaller port projects. All the seaport projects like Lekki, Ibom, Bakassi are state ambitions mainly. The ports work and your allowed to bring in what oil and non oil items.

The only thing I might consider marginalization is lack of environmental regulations in Niger delta. The oil spills not causes by bombing or bunking keep in mind. If the activities adversely effected people livelihoods in fishing and farming without forcing companies to compensate commuity. I'm just not sure if and why state government didn't pass stricter environmental regulations and fund clean up efforts.
may God bless you for this observation. Imagine if this was in the east . We'd all have been drowned in their tears by now.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by zutu(m): 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
BALLOSKI:
which and which ? Tell me the exact locations of those almajiri schools in the north. I live here and I don't know why I can't spot any of the 300 schools in the north.
I know two of those almajiri schools built by Gej, they are located in soba L.G.A Kaduna state along zaria/ jos express way. The name of the village is yilwa makaranta.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 10:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
zutu:
I know two of those almajiri schools built by Gej, they are located in soba L.G.A Kaduna state along zaria/ jos express way. The name of the village is yilwa makaranta.
existing nomadic schools were given a facelift and tagged almajiri school. How many almajiri do we have in soba?

1 Like

Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 2:03am On Sep 23, 2017
BALLOSKI:
in what sense?
Have you heard of any popular demand or protest from that part of the country against politicians or bad governance aim towards reform? They line up themselves on anything politics or religion. The South have always been at the forefront of reform or change for Nigeria. Unfortunately, majority of those in the North are less concern, fearful and ignorance on their needs and rights. Education is at the back sit cum highest level of illiterate which the leaders are not interested in improving for political or religion reasons..
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 2:55am On Sep 23, 2017
Blue3k:

Marginalization is real. It is injustice, lack of equal opportunities, rights or development for all. One wonder till now why there no operation herdsmen in Nigeria that is marginalization too injustice. Again major road problem in the East is the federal roads and I think they have the worst federal roads in Nigeria. For me the development of nigeria should look equal.. Three nation refinery one in the North is part of it.. Yes state government has their own blame no doubt but the federal should do their job for national interest and development. Why are people running to Abuja? It because that is where the cake of Nigeria is so the center is key in any form. Even in football we have center pitch shared equally among two teams. From the square meters everything is equal so no room for concern.. I am a strong advocate of a restructure or reform Nigeria... If it required more power to states let go ahead and I tell you most of these politicians people worship will have to go back to state level.. Let every state develop accordingly competition will arrive.. I have the opportunity to travel outside and believe it they are develop in province or community, that is in units within a state you don't need to travel to Abuja in the case of Nigeria because everything is within you place of resident.. My country Nigeria is far away nobody is talking about development rather politics.. I always ask if Zamfara state be like Lagos is it a crime? Nigeria need a system whereby every part of the country, state and individual are working. When you dont work you pay for it.( independent driven system). The bottom line is we need to start the plan same time the work to build a country.

1 Like

Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by jumobi1(m): 3:04am On Sep 23, 2017
When Nigeria's true ven is figures come out, we'll see who is truly systemically marginalized. I think the SE needs one more state and the NW needs one less state. Basically each zone should have the same number of states otherwise, the SE suffers in the NASS.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 23, 2017
BALLOSKI:
Except if marginalization means different things to different people, I want to believe we are all in this together.

I'm a northerner who has traversed the whole of southern Nigeria; of course, this gives me an edge and authority to say a thing or two from experience.

There's a living poverty in the north( what else could make someone leave his family up north and go down south to be a shoe-shiner or mai-guard just to earn meagre change?). Development are concentrated at the city centres. Other places really do not have anything to show.

You'll all agree with me that the crisis in the north-east has its roots in poverty and years of neglect( Davido or well-fed kids can't accept to be suicide bombers).

I served in the east, and for a whole year , I stayed there without visiting home. You can see why I'm angry at Nnamdi Kanu for making that very peaceful, serene and beautiful Umuahia a hotbed of his activity.

Ibo towns are developed and are well planned out; they build their villages(no matter how small it's , you will see one or two very big houses planted in the bush).

Just like every other places in Nigeria , they have their challenges in terms of infrastructural decay, but that is not to say they're the worst hit( I've seen it all in the north).

The little our governors get , they put into use...despite corruption that we have in the system. But you have the governors not doing anything(excluding Chime, Obiano, Ngige and Umahi), and they in turn instigate some of their followers to come online and tag all of us parasites living in the north where their money is used in developing( where the development sef?).

You want 100% resource control, but there's nothing to show for the one you've gotten. You gave them little, they siphoned and you want more for them(governors) . Just Negodu!

Marginalization means if people from the SE are not in key positions of government. But , Jonathan had many of them in key positions and they were heavily represented.

Why hasn't this huge representation in GEJ's government translated to all the roads in the east being fixed and save them the energy they use in blaming Buhari for everything that happens in that region?

My question is: which region is not marginalized in Nigeria?

So why is it that northerners are ever willing and ready to soak baboons abi dogs in blood, just to make sure their people remain in power? If you're not getting anything?

Apart from infrastructure, what about acceptance into state owned institutions? The Armed Forces, the police? How is it that they are so northern dominated that they can be willingly used against the south any day?

What about recruitment and appointments into other state owned institutions, the MDAs, top federal institutions?

How is it that the north has the lowest educational index, but when it gets to employment and appointments, the tables turn and they start having the highest index? Isn't this foulplay at work?

Even if the peripheral north also suffers from neglect as u claim, then don't you think it's better we restructure? So that whatever your region/state will be invested within it directly, you'll better feel the impact and accountability will be enhanced?

The average southerner especially the igbo man knows no king, if the entire resources of the state/region is in the hands of someone we know, and it's not being judiciously utilized, trust me, we'd make a mincemeat of whomever that is. Albeit the country has been stretched to elastic limit, it's either restructure or break, I wouldn't go the IPOB way, but it'll happen one way or another!

obailala I read your comments above, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 23, 2017
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 8:52am On Sep 23, 2017
SnowJay92:

So why is it that northerners are ever willing and ready to soak baboons abi dogs in blood, just to make sure their people remain in power? If you're not getting anything?

Apart from infrastructure, what about acceptance into state owned institutions? The Armed Forces, the police? How is it that they are so northern dominated that they can be willingly used against the south any day?

What about recruitment and appointments into other state owned institutions, the MDAs, top federal institutions?

How is it that the north has the lowest educational index, but when it gets to employment and appointments, the tables turn and they start having the highest index? Isn't this foulplay at work?

Even if the peripheral north also suffers from neglect as u claim, then don't you think it's better we restructure? So that whatever your region/state will be invested within it directly, you'll better feel the impact and accountability will be enhanced?

The average southerner especially the igbo man knows no king, if the entire resources of the state/region is in the hands of someone we know, and it's not being judiciously utilized, trust me, we'd make a mincemeat of whomever that is. Albeit the country has been stretched to elastic limit, it's either restructure or break, I wouldn't go the IPOB way, but it'll happen one way or another!

obailala I read your comments above, what do you think?

This euhedral mendacity has been regularly disputed on this forum and other public forum.

There was a thread showing regional absorption or representation on this forum in MDAs, there was no nothern region that was ahead of the SE in that aspect. No northern state was having up to what the S-eastern states are having. The military and paramilitary? This is based on a set number of slots for all state of the federation.

Show me where you got your info from. Any authentic source as regards your claim of being shunted ?
Prove it ,please.

The north is not against restructuring.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by BALLOSKI: 9:03am On Sep 23, 2017
Kingspin:
Marginalization is real. It is injustice, lack of equal opportunities, rights or development for all. One wonder till now why there no operation herdsmen in Nigeria that is marginalization too injustice. Again major road problem in the East is the federal roads and I think they have the worst federal roads in Nigeria. For me the development of nigeria should look equal.. Three nation refinery one in the North is part of it.. Yes state government has their own blame no doubt but the federal should do their job for national interest and development. Why are people running to Abuja? It because that is where the cake of Nigeria is so the center is key in any form. Even in football we have center pitch shared equally among two teams. From the square meters everything is equal so no room for concern.. I am a strong advocate of a restructure or reform Nigeria... If it required more power to states let go ahead and I tell you most of these politicians people worship will have to go back to state level.. Let every state develop accordingly competition will arrive.. I have the opportunity to travel outside and believe it they are develop in province or community, that is in units within a state you don't need to travel to Abuja in the case of Nigeria because everything is within you place of resident.. My country Nigeria is far away nobody is talking about development rather politics.. I always ask if Zamfara state be like Lagos is it a crime? Nigeria need a system whereby every part of the country, state and individual are working. When you dont work you pay for it.( independent driven system). The bottom line is we need to start the plan same time the work to build a country.
you said there's refinery in the north as if there are refineries in every region of the country. We have 4 refineries, 3 in the south and one in the north - and this call for the cry of marginalization against the north.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2017
BALLOSKI:
you said there's refinery in the north as if there are refineries in every region of the country. We have 4 refineries, 3 in the south and one in the north - and this call for the cry of marginalization against the north.
We have 3 national refineries, one refinery in the north cum with NNPC depots. I give that as an illustration of how things could be achieve and make everybody feel at home. After all the last government give more federal universities to the North. So nobody can say they have it all but let people feel they belong through politics and development. For me development should know no North or South that is my own.. The needs of the people is more important than politics or religion.
Re: Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 6:12pm On May 05, 2019
The vS/West is very marginalized.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apple Begins Sale Of Robot Built By Nigerian-born Engineer / PDP Finally Made The Political Party Of The SS/SE / Buhari Is A Complete Failure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.