Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,708 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday (21997 Views)

What Happened In Osun And Ekiti States Will Not Happen Again' - Nyesom Wike / Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 21, 2017
Yorubas will leave their Problems and carry Ipob matter for head. Watch how they will avoid this thread.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 21, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
When CAN complained that there are plans to islamized Nigeria we all laughed, see it happening now cry

Shut up, what's the correlation between this and islamization of Nigeria? It's not a must to comment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nasiruddeen(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2017
The Hijri New Year, otherwise called Islamic New Year is the day that denotes the start of another Islamic schedule year, and is the day on which the year check is increased.

The main day of the year is seen on the principal day of Muharram, the primary month in the Islamic date-book.

The principal Islamic year starts in 622 AD with the displacement of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) from Mecca to Medina, known as the Hijra.

May Almighty Allah infinite Mercy make us grow in Islam and make us to be steadfast in prayer. May this hijra 1439 bring us abundant blessing & make us witness more as a devoted Muslim.

I pray this year surpasses previous years in blessing and success.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omogin(f): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2017
These silly governors are the ones dragging the country backwards, with the help of the dullard at the top.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2017
krak101:
Yes. Different religions have their different calendars. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar

Don't mind fools like him. The only thing in their dumb heads is islamization of Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nasiruddeen(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2017
The Hijri New Year, otherwise called Islamic New Year is the day that denotes the start of another Islamic schedule year, and is the day on which the year check is increased.

The main day of the year is seen on the principal day of Muharram, the primary month in the Islamic date-book.

The principal Islamic year starts in 622 AD with the displacement of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) from Mecca to Medina, known as the Hijra.

May Almighty Allah infinite Mercy make us grow in Islam and make us to be steadfast in prayer. May this hijra 1439 bring us abundant blessing & make us witness more as devoted Muslims.

I pray this year surpasses previous years in blessing and success.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Amberon11: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2017
Meanwhile Garbage Shehu just condemned ipob on channels today for declaring work-free days in the past. Hypocrisy!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2017
krak101:
Do the states declare holidays in January (new year )?

January 1st is not a religious holiday

5 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by semit: 11:10am On Sep 21, 2017
including oyo state
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by chukxy44(m): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2017
@ OP and MOD include OYO to the headline.

we self no go work both private and public sector dey house
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Iseoluwani: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2017
Omeokachie:
Sheik Rauf Aregbesola will encourage and sponsor recitation of the quran competition.

Never heard him sponsor inter-schools debate, or mathematic competition.

Welcome to the islamic state of Osun

I tire for this useless country

4 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by petitejolie(f): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Osun was part Christian part muslim but it seems now muslims have taken over. Same with Oyo state. Next is ogun and ondo state
ondo state lai lai ti lai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Cyynthia(f): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

Interesting...Kano and osun gone..more to follow..This is how it starts,one after another untill the much acclaimed and denied islamisation takes place..

SE and SS should be alert before its too late..SW is half gone with the caliphate already afterall the Christians there say they are one with their muslim counter-parts in all they say or do
I wish my fellow Yoruba Christians can read the hand writing on the wall.
Honestly I am tired of educating them. If you try to educate them, those Muslims will start crying on my mentions by telling me that Yoruba is Yoruba.

No problem, the clock is ticking so fast.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by slimtoney(m): 11:14am On Sep 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

Exactly!!!...but i never laughed but took them seriious cos i have dealt with muslims and know what their plans,impression and mindset about Christians are.

Mumu people, please what are u afraid of. Have they in any way stop u from expressing and practicing you religion. Why are u people so apprehensive and feel unease each time Muslims express themselves.

Guess u should be afraid of the consequences of ur actions. Islam is not ur problem, u are ur own enemies.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by nwakibie3(m): 11:14am On Sep 21, 2017
abeg make lagos state declare ooo even if na jst a day grin grin
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by denjjy(m): 11:14am On Sep 21, 2017
let them keep on spreading and celebrating illiteracy. Bigots..

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2017
Cyynthia:

I wish my fellow Yoruba Christians can read the hand writing on the wall.
Honestly I am tired of educating them. If you try to educate them, those Muslims will start crying on my mentions by telling me that Yoruba is Yoruba.

No problem, the clock is ticking so fast.

Senseless comment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by pmc01(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Is new year a religious holiday?

What's the origin of your 'new year'?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by RALPHOW(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2017
Aregbesola is the greatest Tragedy and Regret of Osun State. He has put the state into years of unreasonable debt with nothing to show for it.
Osun people can not wait for 2018 for God almighty Deliverance from this prison.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by slimtoney(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2017
Iseoluwani:

I tire for this useless country
Relocate ASAP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Cajal(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2017
OYO STATE ALSO DID
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 21, 2017
There's also public holiday here in ibadan
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2017
The funniest thing about all this madness is that even their saudi masters have since switched to the Gregorian calender

15 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Cyynthia(f): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Yorubaland is gone. I would rather be a 4th class citizen in Europe than live in an Islamic society. I love my tribe but we lost it with the 2019 elections. We were deceived in the millions.
Oh, you are now seeing the light ?
Smh.
ColonelDrake should come and read.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Dalek(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2017
Very stupid move, states that need to work more to improve they are relaxing on some no existence holiday. awon loni isoro
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Michael004: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Yorubaland is gone. I would rather be a 4th class citizen in Europe than live in an Islamic society. I love my tribe but we lost it with the 2019 elections. We were deceived in the millions.
Not all yorubaland, count ondo, ekiti n Lagos out. Such poo holiday can't be declared in those states, especially in ondo and ekiti where 75% are Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2017
state holidays are not recognized by the private sector, all states except where it is declared and FG agencies so what's the fuss here?

some states even declare 3 pubic holidays to mourn the loss of their hero. some SW states still observe June 12 so what's our problem even ipob declare holidays on behalf of their state governors and no one breaks anybody's head here

Only religious bigots are wailing as usual, awon were!

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2017
grin
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2017
Goke7:
state holidays are not recognized by the private sector, all states except where it is declared and FG agencies so what's the fuss here?

some states even declare 3 pubic holidays to mourn the loss of their hero. some SW states still observe June 12 so what's our problem even ipob declare holidays on behalf of their state governors and no one breaks anybody's head here

Only religious bigots are wailing as usual, awon were!

How about May 30th - Biafran Day?

Will that one pain you as well?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2017
grin
TheKingIsHere:

The states are meant to be secular not Islamic
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by AlanTuringAI: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Osun was part Christian part muslim but it seems now muslims have taken over. Same with Oyo state. Next is ogun and ondo state
Count Ondo and Ekiti states out of that islamization ish cos Muslims in those states are very minute. Didn't you see how the Muslim union were crying all over the media of being marginalized in Ondo state during the last elections as the candidates for Governor and Deputy governor in the major parties-APC and PDP were all Christians. This is not the same for Oyo, Osun and Kwara states particularly (Kwara is even worse).

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? / Udom, Wike, Hayatu-deen Swell PDP Presidential Aspirants To 12 / Nigeria Military React to Bokoharm video Say No Safe Haven For Terrorists - DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.