Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,114 members, 7,807,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) (53125 Views)

Foreign Used Suzuki Power Bikes Are Here For Sales! / Buy And Sell Used, New Cars, Bikes Scooters In Malaysia - Droom / Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by xclusiveguy4(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
Thank God most of it where not shipped to 9ja
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by alexis007(m): 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
Spykey:
you won't reject a car if given
I won't brag about it either. Na human being like me dey own fleet of private jets
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by bigsmoke2(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Igbo bois will be like" nna mhen see free spare parts" grin
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Spykey: 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexis007:
I won't brag about it either. Na human being like me dey own fleet of private jets
with the way you condemned the cars and insulted Africa, one would think you already own a fleet of private jets just like you said

1 Like

Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by blacq2009(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
So na buses dey there like used ideal milk tins?
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by CocoaOla: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
Explorers:
China has been cracking down on high-emission transport in an effort to reduce the overwhelming smog in cities, resulting in a vast number of scrapyards and recycling sites containing thousands of abandoned buses, cars and trucks.

Gigantic mounds of transport vehicles that do not meet the minimum emissions standards have formed at landfill sites.

Millions of cars, motorbikes and lorries are being left on the scrap heap in China every year in a bid by the government to cut pollution levels.

In one scrap yard in the city of Hangzhou, an incredible 100,000 vehicles have piled up after being taken off the road because they did not meet the national emissions standard.

These amazing photographs on People's Daily Online show the sheer scale of China’s car graveyards.

From above, the eclectic collection of cars and trucks could almost be mistaken for the pieces of someone’s giant toy set.

Five and a half million cars will be scrapped this year because they are high emission vehicles, contributing £10.8bn to the recycling industry.

A massive 17 million were sold in 2014 alone, making up a quarter of global sales.

In an attempt to slow down car sales, Chinese authorities have cut the number of new vehicles that can be registered on the roads.

Last year the number of new registration plates available in Beijing fell from 240,000 to just 150,000.

It has been said that by 2017, only 90,000 plates will be issued for ordinary cars and the rest to eco-friendly cars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3020049/China-s-car-graveyard-Stunning-aerial-pictures-hundreds-thousands-vehicles-thrown-scrap-heap-government-aggressively-aims-cut-emissions.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3127980/Shocking-photos-reveal-vast-graveyards-vehicles-Chinese-government-deem-toxic-roads.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Explorer abeg I wan learn work for your hand
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by jmichlins(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
My guys at nwa agbara nnewi are seeing business and profits alone. Which one be high and low emission.
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
Please how can I make money through fetish means.. Am tired of this hard life
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Adaumunocha(f): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
My Nigerians brothers should b regular customers there
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
Oh boy! cry

Most of those cars are in better condition than the taxis that run in Calabar
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Tobiemmanuel007: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
MrTechy:
Can u Guess what i'm thinking. beside i didnt read that long post
what am keen to knw
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by alexis007(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
Spykey:
with the way you condemned the cars and insulted Africa, one would think you already own a fleet of private jets just like you said
I didn't condemn the cars. I don't even own one myself.

I only condemned the attitude of some people who think they should be worshipped because they just got a ride.
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by lonelydora: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
Explorers:
China has been cracking down on high-emission transport in an effort to reduce the overwhelming smog in cities, resulting in a vast number of scrapyards and recycling sites containing thousands of abandoned buses, cars and trucks.

Gigantic mounds of transport vehicles that do not meet the minimum emissions standards have formed at landfill sites.

Millions of cars, motorbikes and lorries are being left on the scrap heap in China every year in a bid by the government to cut pollution levels.

In one scrap yard in the city of Hangzhou, an incredible 100,000 vehicles have piled up after being taken off the road because they did not meet the national emissions standard.

These amazing photographs on People's Daily Online show the sheer scale of China’s car graveyards.

From above, the eclectic collection of cars and trucks could almost be mistaken for the pieces of someone’s giant toy set.

Five and a half million cars will be scrapped this year because they are high emission vehicles, contributing £10.8bn to the recycling industry.

A massive 17 million were sold in 2014 alone, making up a quarter of global sales.

In an attempt to slow down car sales, Chinese authorities have cut the number of new vehicles that can be registered on the roads.

Last year the number of new registration plates available in Beijing fell from 240,000 to just 150,000.

It has been said that by 2017, only 90,000 plates will be issued for ordinary cars and the rest to eco-friendly cars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3020049/China-s-car-graveyard-Stunning-aerial-pictures-hundreds-thousands-vehicles-thrown-scrap-heap-government-aggressively-aims-cut-emissions.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3127980/Shocking-photos-reveal-vast-graveyards-vehicles-Chinese-government-deem-toxic-roads.html

Is there no Igbo man living there? Chineke!!! See money dey waste
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by emmanuel1990(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
MrTechy:
Can u Guess what i'm thinking. beside i didnt read that long post
importer, weldone sire.
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by bmos(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
Izuogu1:
Wow

Looking at correct tokumbos right now. Chei!
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Dshocker(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
Majority of those scrap,will be coming over to Nigeria
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by MrRichy(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
now I know where oga emeka imports his Chinese keke buses from
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by osazsky(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
na buhari dey look for oil in borno and sokoto, something dat will b useless in 15 yes time I pity for Nigeria
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
xclusiveguy4:
There's still a big possibility of that shiii happening. Never trust our brothers from the **st
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by BraniacX(m): 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
MrTechy:
Can u Guess what i'm thinking.
beside i didnt read that long post
my blooooodah! shocked na how to Carnap like two rides oh!

1 Like

Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Dee60: 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
Explorers:
Heavy smog in the city has been responsible for disrupting traffic, worsening air pollution and forcing the closure of school.

and they are asking donald trump to cut emissions in an america that has super clean air....
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Rocketicon(m): 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
Welcome me on board... The latest car dealer in town to be, Am on flight right now to China
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by Dee60: 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
xclusiveguy4:

you may not be so sure...our brothers sabi move things.
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by glosplendid(f): 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
MrTechy:
Can u Guess what i'm thinking
beside i didnt read that long post
lemme guess..they will import it and start selling it as new ones in country like Naija..oooopss
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by nwaire: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Even China? These are things we should be seeing in Europe an usa, but look at China, I bet u if any of those buses get to Nigeria its 2m and above, thesame chinese company are here paying people per kilo of scrap iron, vehicles inclusive. Anyway they recycle it here since we cant mine our iron ore

1 Like

Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by TIDDOLL(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
Kufie:
Hmm, man's not hot there I guess
the tin go skrrrrrrr. Pa Pa Pa...... Skiaaaaa grin
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by teflonaire: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nigerians will go there and buy this peice of shit and import into this confused nation... Nigeria is like a waste bin to ther nations of the world. too bad.
donbrowser:

Nice
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by favourmic(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
teflonaire:
Nigerians will go there and buy this peice of shit and import into this confused nation... Nigeria is like a waste bin to ther nations of the world. too bad.

Forget o nah where to get money be koko glad to buy and sell once i make my money...
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by personal59: 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
are they OK? this are Nigeria friendly now

abeg how I fit ship am in go sell scrap for asomenta ooooo na money be this o
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by gtrader: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
This is the real mgbuka Nkpor and Obosi.
Re: China Graveyard Where Thousands Of Cars,Bikes Are Scrapped To Cut Emission(Pics) by oglalasioux(m): 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
China!

Congested but organised.

Because religion is kept at bay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buy Your Car At Auctionexport.com And Sell It On Carxus.com! / Check The VIN OF Your Car Or Vehicle / Order Cars from Lagos at the Exact Cost!|Nationwide Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.