Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,170 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:10 AM

HUSTLE - A Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HUSTLE - A Short Story (4197 Views)

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HUSTLE - A Short Story by liznificent(f): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
HUSTLE
She had entered the rich big city, her little bundle strapped at her back like an archetypal mountain climber with the word ‘Hustle’ tattooed on her mind and flowing through her veins. Since pepper no wan rest foram, Ese had decided to go meet pepper like in the mountain and Mohammed style and she is going after it with everything within and withal. She had left the small city where she had lived all her life with her parents and siblings and travelled miles just to make a better life and she must make it, she vowed, legal or illegal.

Ese got down to business ‘as soon as possible’. First, the legal way- searching and picking up minor jobs she was able to get. Starting with a waitress in a popular Thai restaurant in town where the pay was so much that she can hardly afford a proper three square meal after the first two weeks of collecting her salary. She had hoped for connection to a better life but she only got the opposite- degradation in all shades of it. She had moved on to a school as an auxiliary staff and then afterwards as a sales personnel at a boutique. Eight months after, the money she came for, she wasn’t seeing -no personal savings, still a squatter, no good cloths, no beta boyfriend sef. This is not like been saintilicious, for Ese was far from a saint. She had simply wanted to take hustle with her church mind but who church mind epp? Not her obviously and equally not her friend Omolara, who invited her over to the city to hustle or her younger sister who they live together with. It was crystal clear that money wants it hard and her blood is already pass boiling to take it the hard way.

She quitted her job to chase money the other kind of way. Her friend, Omolara was already on it so it wasn’t hard to blend in as Omo told her it was for her. “There are certain qualities you must possess in other to excel in your quest. You must be bold, outspoken and most of all, daring. The future belongs to those who are able to dare. Chasing money is no job for the ‘No liver individual’ Omolara lectured Ese who in turned listened attentively, ready to burn whatever bridge necessary to get to her dreams. “This is not prostitution. It is not runs or those things the society says young girls do. This is HUSTLE; PURE HUSTLE!” Omo continued, the perfect motivational captain to her team. “You go out there, you smart it out and you make your money. You got the perfect body, one problem solved already. The rest is for you to play your cards well. Most ladies in this city hustle for a living. That’s how they all made it. You have to step on the game or you go back to where you came from empty handed or worse. So wise up” Ese resurrected the Delta girl in her and kept the hustle only on the tight level. Truly, hustling had really paid her. She had met a whole bunch of the country’s high personalities and living her life.

But apparently, Omolara omitted a very important aspect of ‘Hustle’. The very aspect staring point blank at Ese right now. The aspect that had left her jaw right on the floor and had her eyes popping like Tom’s that moment when he sees Jerry escaping with his Victim(Jerry’s cousin).

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by liznificent(f): 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ese had gotten her eyes on the handsome young man seated at the table located at the south wing of Truth Lounge since the very moment she entered there that night. She was seated some tables away from him nursing her glass of wine and assessing him. He looked rich - the Bulgari watch, the designer shoe, the solid gold cufflinks. This indeed was the way she likes them, she thought with a smile and then got to work. She started giving him the signal- the eyes and the body languages- playing her cards as the pro that had turned the past few months, scarcely aware of the other young man seated behind her. In few minutes, the handsome young man began to look at her direction at intervals. Ese was happy. In the past few months, she had come to realize that Hustling is an art which the mastery of leads to unimaginable achievements. When you master the art, things fall unbelievably into place for you in awe of people around. As the master she had become, the handsome young man she targeted had simply felled into her hands without much stress. Just that moment, he winked at her and Ese winked back excitedly. Today won’t be bad at all, she thought. The night is still young and yet so fruitful; all pieces of her game are gradually falling into place. She adjusted the cape of her skimpy dress seductively baring more flesh. Her aim: to give her potential client, a view of the future. In a few more minutes, Mr. Rich and Handsome stood up, his glass of wine in hand started towards Ese. Hmm… Mission accomplished. She congratulated herself. She relaxed into her chair with her glass at hand looking seductively at Mr. Rich and Handsome as he approaches. But then, the unexpected happened. Mr. Rich and Handsome walked pass Ese to the table right behind her and joined the young man who was seated, all smiles. Her jaw dropped.
Ese was confused. She didn’t understand what just happened. The eyes, the winks had all been to the other young man It’s so unbelievable. She had no idea this was possible too. No one told her. She picked her jaw off the floor then managed a look back and saw the smiles, the connection, and the romance between the two young men. Then it dawn on her. She had just been outwitted by a hustler. A MALE HUSTLER! Ah! She wept.

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 6:46am On Sep 22, 2017
Wawu...Brilliant..
Most times, we are always outwitted by the simplest of things.

Meanwhile, don't stop writing or posting your stories here. We would like to always read more..Next time you can just mention my name alongside that of others.

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by temmyjoe(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2017
Nice story... Dis is better.... Not all dat yeeyee pictures of a tin

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by SirLakes: 8:28am On Sep 22, 2017
Short and captivating

Thumbs up man

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by Thylord(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2017
nice story,good formative procedure,ride on op.

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by xtremeTall(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2017
More ink to ur pen..

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by lyriclekidd(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2017
nice

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by twentyk(m): 9:22am On Sep 22, 2017
i think i would make a terrific writer though...im a reader and digesting information is my thing but i havent written anything before....i do have ideas,a lot sef but whenever i try to write i cant come up with nothing....Op PUT MORE SUSPENSE NA...good job though....

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by starchris(m): 9:56am On Sep 22, 2017
This are the kind of post we need here

1 Like

Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by liznificent(f): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2017
Divepen1:
Wawu...Brilliant..
Most times, we are always outwitted by the simplest of things.

Meanwhile, don't stop writing or posting your stories here. We would like to always read more..Next time you can just mention my name alongside that of others.
Lol.. Thnx xo much dear. As 4 ur name, I will surely do thnx again
Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by liznificent(f): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2017
Thnx all. @Sir Lakes. I'm Lizzy not man. Lol. Thnx too. @ twentyk. Thnx too. I wll definitely do dat nice time.
Re: HUSTLE - A Short Story by ril19(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
Vewy fine stowy! pls keep it up Liz.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dinner Conversation / Recommend Threads For Fp / Proofreading Reading Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.