Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,551 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

Difference Between Alsatian And Gsd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Difference Between Alsatian And Gsd (919 Views)

Mixbreed Between Rott And GSD / Police Arrest Alsatian Dog For Robbery In Lagos (photo) / Caucasian And GSD Mix For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Alsatian And Gsd by bignwa(m): 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
guys someone wants to sell me an alsatian puppy for 18k .,i just want to know if theres a difference between an alsatian and a gsd dog.
Re: Difference Between Alsatian And Gsd by neihzar(m): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
Both are thesame
Maybe he's trying to sell a local dog to you
You cant get a high quality gsd for 18k
NO WAY
Post pictures of the dog so we can confirm if its truly GSD
Re: Difference Between Alsatian And Gsd by iannathan(m): 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
bignwa:
guys someone wants to sell me an alsatian puppy for 18k .,i just want to know if theres a difference between an alsatian and a gsd dog.

Sometimes fraudsters like to use the word ALSATIAN for the mix of gsd and local dog.
But normally they are the same.
Re: Difference Between Alsatian And Gsd by wheezie24(m): 11:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
The German Shepherd's popularity was greatly due to the soldiers of WW1 lauding the dogs' agility and remarkable behavior during the War (on the side of Germany, to where the dog belonged), although the dogs were present and bred outside of Germany as well. However, towards the end of the war and for a few years after, especially leading up to WW2, there was a universal rise in Anti-German sentiment . It was felt that the word 'German' in the dog's name could hamper the breed's popularity. So, the breed was renamed to
Alsatian, after the French-German border city of Alsace. This was immediately towards the end of the First World War.
At around 1925 or so, the Alsace club, (ironically) reinstated the old name,
German Shepherd Dog. American Kennel Club followed suit. However, the Kennel Club of UK retained 'Alsatian' as the primary breed name, with 'German Shepherd' in brackets. This was reversed in 1977, when the breed became German Shepherd Dog (Alsatian). Finally, in 2010, the name 'Alsatian' was completely eliminated.
The breed is now simply "German Shepherd" throughout the world****culled from Google*****

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Good As New Infinix Hot 5 Lite For Sale / Very Hot Fawn Female Boerboel puppies Available For Pick Up / Adult Female BOX HEAD Rottweiler Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.