Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd (16690 Views)

UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by AutoReportNG: 2:24am On Sep 22, 2017
The Lagos State Government announced that there would be a partial restriction of movement on Ikorodu Road to enable it replace the dilapidated and disused steel pedestrian bridge at Fadeyi Bus Stop with a new footbridge.

In a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Olujimi Hotonu, the State Government said the main carriage lanes of the Ikorodu Road would be closed to traffic for two nights on Saturday, 23rd September, between 11pm and 6am, and Sunday 24th between 11pm and 4am, while the service lanes will be open to traffic.

The Government also said all traffic both inward Lagos and outward Ojota will be diverted to the service lanes. While soliciting for the cooperation and support of all road users especially motorists plying the corridor to observe all the precaution signs on the road, the State Government said it had put in place effective traffic management strategies to manage the traffic during the period of closure.

The Government said the notice of partial restriction of the road became expedient to enlighten motorists and other road users to utilize alternative routes to avoid delay as well as obey traffic officers deployed on the road to ease movement. While regretting the inconveniences the partial restriction would cause, the Government appealed for caution, noting that the ultimate goal of the plan was to safeguard lives and improve traffic along the corridor.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/09/fadeyi-bridge-lagos-state-declares-two.html

2 Likes

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by AutoReportNG: 2:24am On Sep 22, 2017
The power of social media at work..

See more pictures here

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 22, 2017
Ambode is working

3 Likes

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by remsonik(f): 3:47am On Sep 22, 2017
That's a good one I hope road users will adhere to this.

2 Likes

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by Abudu2000(m): 7:40am On Sep 22, 2017
Eko oni baje o

2 Likes

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by nurey(m): 8:46am On Sep 22, 2017
Kai no wonder there has been heavy traffic in areas close to 3rd mainland bridge.

Yeeeee my fuel ooooooo ooooooo oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by Bolustical: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2017
okkkkk
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by thebigkendo(m): 9:14am On Sep 22, 2017
nurey:
Kai no wonder there has been heavy traffic in areas close to 3rd mainland bridge.

Yeeeee my fuel ooooooo ooooooo oooo grin

i think this due to a trailer accident at jibowu bridge connecting Ojuelegba.

2 Likes

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by nurey(m): 9:36am On Sep 22, 2017
thebigkendo:

i think this due to a trailer accident at jibowu bridge connecting Ojuelegba.

there has been traffic since wednesday at thirdmainland bridge enroute to yaba adekunle in the afternoon. Yesterday a journey of 8minutes i used 1hr ten minutes i had to get down AND LET SOMEONE ELSE drive while i ran to meet deadline of picking a ward (i virtually ran/jogged yesterday). Okada, Napep all roads blocked.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by Oildichotomy(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2017
Adding this to the already choked tankers lined roads?? And Lagos Airport Road rehabilitation to Charity bustop is still ongoing.

Next few weeks will be crazy in Lagos..

5 Likes

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by thebigkendo(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2017
nurey:

there has been traffic since wednesday at thirdmainland bridge enroute to yaba adekunle in the afternoon. Yesterday a journey of 8minutes i used 1hr ten minutes i had to get down AND LET SOMEONE ELSE drive while i ran to meet deadline of picking a ward (i virtually ran/jogged yesterday). Okada, Napep all roads blocked.

Ahhh if Okada is blocked.. No hope

1 Like

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by YomzzyDBlogger: 10:42am On Sep 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by mamatayour(f): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2017
I hear ween since Monday from that route

2 Likes

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by mrlaw93(m): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2017
They keep repairing that bridge over and over again.. Replacement is needed instead,

1 Like

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by Johngla(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2017
ITunes card needed
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by jidxin(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2017
Gud
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by ademusiwa3r: 10:44am On Sep 22, 2017
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by obo389(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2017
That bridge na death trap but thank God LSG is coming to the rescue.

1 Like

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by deebrain(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2017
Ambode worketh
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by Iseoluwani: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2017
2019 Z coming

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by OmoManU: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2017
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by Marpol: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2017
nurey:

It's due to tankers trying to access Apapa to load petroleum products.

1 Like

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by 2lateBiafra: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2017
modelmike7:
Ambode is working

Nnamdi kalu is on the RUN.
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by OmoManU: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2017
Presently Orile to Costain and Western avenue inward Ijora is currently on locked down due to truck drivers parking on the road
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by seguno2: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2017
modelmike7:
Ambode is working

deebrain:
Ambode worketh

.......according to low aspiration sycophants who don't pay taxes.
Could this be a good description of you?
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by eluquenson(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2017
LASG should find a lasting solution to Trucks and Tankers invading our road, it's really pathetic and making movement hard for we lagosians

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by free2ryhme: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2017
AutoReportNG:
The Lagos State Government announced that there would be a partial restriction of movement on Ikorodu Road to enable it replace the dilapidated and disused steel pedestrian bridge at Fadeyi Bus Stop with a new footbridge.

In a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Olujimi Hotonu, the State Government said the main carriage lanes of the Ikorodu Road would be closed to traffic for two nights on Saturday, 23rd September, between 11pm and 6am, and Sunday 24th between 11pm and 4am, while the service lanes will be open to traffic.

The Government also said all traffic both inward Lagos and outward Ojota will be diverted to the service lanes. While soliciting for the cooperation and support of all road users especially motorists plying the corridor to observe all the precaution signs on the road, the State Government said it had put in place effective traffic management strategies to manage the traffic during the period of closure.

The Government said the notice of partial restriction of the road became expedient to enlighten motorists and other road users to utilize alternative routes to avoid delay as well as obey traffic officers deployed on the road to ease movement. While regretting the inconveniences the partial restriction would cause, the Government appealed for caution, noting that the ultimate goal of the plan was to safeguard lives and improve traffic along the corridor.

Source:

It is a welcome development
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by Aldebaran(m): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2017
O.k
Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by deebrain(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2017
seguno2:

.......according to low aspiration sycophants who don't pay taxes.
Could this be a good description of you?

I run business and PAY TAX and some of their silly levies.

But it is a thing of satisfaction to see they use it for something good.

And this governor is doing much more than expected.

So the compliment.

You can now kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by eagleonearth(m): 11:00am On Sep 22, 2017
For the night crawlers, Route yapaa. For me I'll simply drive thru Jibowu, burst out Mushin, burst out oshodi and negotiate my way onto the ikorodu road via anthony shikena. For those wey sabi Eko shaa.

Ambo come serious pass Fash oo

3 Likes

Re: Fadeyi Bridge: Lagos State Declares Two-night Movement Restriction On Ikorodu Rd by shoczy(m): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2017
WoW it's been a while seen fadeyi bridge again after 17yrs...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Tries To Smuggle Marijuana To Dubai For Free Visa / Is Living Abroad Worth It? / Truck Falls On Car, Claims Three Lives In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.