Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,455 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel (2018 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel / 2006 Corolla Consuming Too Much Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by johnsnow2016: 6:34am On Sep 22, 2017
please I need the help of Nairaland car gurus to help me analyse the present condition of my car.
i observed little black smoke and I was told that the car will be burning fuel.

car name: Toyota Camry 1995
engine size : 2.2
4 cylinders

I have attach two images below for better understanding.

I bought fuel of 2k. ( the level of the fuel in the first image)

I drove from PRAYER CITY in Ogun state to OJODU BERGER and I return back to PRAYER CITY.
I was able to cover my journey to and fro in 30 minutes...

The second image indicates the Level of the remaining fuel and the distance covered .

please is the car consuming excessive fuel.

car experts

mr nurey
mr gazzzuz
mr honmusa
mr mayor
others....please help

Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by ZeroUnity: 6:37am On Sep 22, 2017
Reasons maybe OLD ENGINE, LEAKING EXHAUST PIPES OR ANY LEAKAGE IN UR EXUAST SETTINGS, FIND A DIAGNOSIS CENTRE AND DIAGNOSE ur Car.
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by mayor2013: 6:39am On Sep 22, 2017
No pix. As long you have a black suite coming out from your exhaust tail pipe then your car's engine is in a Rich condition (excessive fuel burn out)
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by johnsnow2016: 6:41am On Sep 22, 2017
mayor2013:
No pix. As long you have a black suite coming out from your exhaust tail pipe then your car's engine is in a Rich condition (excessive fuel burn out)

I have uploaded the pix now....please recheck.
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by johnsnow2016: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2017
mayor2013:

how can I correct the black suite.
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by honmusa(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2017
johnsnow2016:
please I need the help of Nairaland car gurus to help me analyse the present condition of my car.
i observed little black smoke and I was told that the car will be burning fuel.

car name: Toyota Camry 1995
engine size : 2.2
4 cylinders

I have attach two images below for better understanding.

I bought fuel of 2k. ( the level of the fuel in the first image)

I drove from PRAYER CITY in Ogun state to OJODU BERGER and I return back to PRAYER CITY.
I was able to cover my journey to and fro in 30 minutes...

The second image indicates the Level of the remaining fuel and the distance covered .

please is the car consuming excessive fuel.

car experts

mr nurey
mr gazzzuz
mr honmusa
mr mayor
others....please help
Black smoke is enough indication that the level of consumption has gone to the extreme and you need to resolve this issue ASAP to prevent damage to the expensive catalyst .And clogged catalyst will spell doom for your engine in the long run.
What is responsible for this high consumption is as a result of output response of your engine computer (brainbox ) to flawed input signal from sensors.
First step towards the fixing is to go for diagnosis in a recommended auto techie and the diagnosis report from there is what will guide the repair process.
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Sep 22, 2017
After cruising this Toyota for almost 500,000 kilometres, possibly the same engine, gearbox and most auxiliary parts.......

Be thankful and simply visit GAZZUZZ for an engine overhaul or be prepared to buy another vehicle.......... Almost time to upgrade.....

1 Like

Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Sep 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:
After cruising this Toyota for almost 500,000 kilometres, possibly the same engine, gearbox and most auxiliary parts.......

Be thankful and simply visit GAZ.ZUZZ for an engine overhaul or be prepared to buy another vehicle.......... Almost time to upgrade.....

1995?? U like me so?
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by Lexusgs430: 8:46am On Sep 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

1995?? U like me so?

Those University students wey u dey train, can perform experiments on it nah (of course under your supervision).......
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Those University students wey u dey train, can perform experiments on it nah (of course under your supervision).......

assu do call of strike, immediately I tell them te car is for research work tey will all run grin

2 Likes

Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by honmusa(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

is not good o ,for student to turn somebody car that he is spending money on to lab rat !!!

1 Like

Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by Lexusgs430: 10:49am On Sep 22, 2017
honmusa:

is not good o ,for student to turn somebody car that he is spending money on to lab rat !!!

How can they become prolific, without lab rats?
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by honmusa(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Haaaaaa somebody father's car!!! grin grin
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by Lexusgs430: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2017
honmusa:

That father was once and is probably still a son...... So the young shall grow.......
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by honmusa(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Actually for 1995 car is already smoking black ,over kazeemisation self for don dey worry am!!
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by Lexusgs430: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2017
honmusa:

Actually for 1995 car is already smoking black ,over kazeemisation self for don dey worry am

That camry must reach 1,000,000 kilometres...... If we have to push it, GAZZUZZ can organise something.....
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by honmusa(m): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

That camry must reach 1,000,000 kilometres...... If we have to push it, GAZZUZZ can organise something.....
The op will be looking at this thread like

4 Likes

Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by johnsnow2016: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Be thankful and simply visit GAZZUZZ for an engine overhaul or be prepared to buy another vehicle.......... Almost time to upgrade.....

This Is the second engine and I have not really use it for long..
the vehicle is still up and running.
aside from the little smoke.
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by johnsnow2016: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
honmusa:

Actually for 1995 car is already smoking black ,over kazeemisation self for don dey worry am!!

you hardly notice the black smoke, not until you watch for 5 minutes or more...
I am sure it's just a little fix in the right hand.
i
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by johnsnow2016: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
honmusa:

you hardly notice the black smoke, not until you watch for 5 minutes
I am sure it's just a little fix in the right hand.
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by johnsnow2016: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
I will be travelling next month....for my exam. I need to fix it....... anyone ready to assist.....
Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by honmusa(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
johnsnow2016:
I will be travelling next month....for my exam.
I need to fix it.......
anyone ready to assist.....
Let me confirm if you have the 16 pin obd2 DLC for easier diagnosis cos I work with live data .
contact me via WhatsApp with the no @ my signature

1 Like

Re: Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel by johnsnow2016: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
honmusa:

Let me confirm if you have the 16 pin obd2 DLC for easier diagnosis cos I work with live data .
contact me via WhatsApp with the no @ my signature

thanks...I will message u right now....

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get A Good SUV For This Price Range? / Peugeot 406 Spark Plug Issue (I Just Don't Know Again) / If Only I Had A Garage Long Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.