Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) (76773 Views)

You're A Traveller Praying Behind A Imam, Can You Still Shorten Your Solah? / COVID-19: How Can Someone Wearing PPE Perform Ablution For Solah? / Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by abdulsemiu02(m): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2017
WHAT IS QABLI AND BAADI ?
Explanation to "Qabli" and "Baadi" in Salaat.
Lets learn and share plz In Shaa Allah.
Qabli is the SUJUD you make before SALAM when you mistakenly Omit
obligatory parts of salat.
WHILE Baadi is the SUJUD you make after SALAM when you mistakenly ADD during salat.
During salaat one may make a mistake and ADD something to his or her salaat or Omit something in salaat.
These two mistakes often confuse us on how to compensate for them. I will try to explain the two terms bcs they are very important to complete our salaat properly.
When you add anything like rakaat, sujuud etc in salaat which makes the salaat more than expected, we term it BAADI.
To compensate for BAADI you will add two sujuud after final Tashahhud and Tasleem then sit down to repeat tashahhud and Tasleem to complete your salaat.
When you noticed you've shortened or omitted something in your salaat
then compensate with QABLI. It is compensated by two sujuud after
the final Tashahhud before final Tasleem.
If you are wondering omitting something whiles reciting Tashahhud then just do Qabli and try to increase your Sunnah salaat or Naflat salaat to help fix any unknown mistakes to our fard prayers.
Note:Tashahhud is the ''Attahiiyaat to end'' and Tasleem is the final ''Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullah we say by turning our head to the right then to the left''
May Allah keep guiding us aright and may He forgive our mistakes...Amin

13 Likes

Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by AlBaqir(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2017
abdulsemiu02:
WHAT IS QABLI AND BAADI ?
Explanation to "Qabli" and "Baadi" in Salaat.
Lets learn and share plz In Shaa Allah.
Qabli is the SUJUD you make before SALAM when you mistakenly Omit obligatory parts of salat.
WHILE Baadi is the SUJUD you make after SALAM when you mistakenly ADD during salat.
During salaat one may make a mistake and ADD something to his or her salaat or Omit something in salaat.
These two mistakes often confuse us on how to compensate for them. I will try to explain the two terms bcs they are very important to complete our salaat properly.

1. # Imagine a salat that is not rightly performed (incorrect), and here you are making it more incorrect by performing yet another sujud before tasleem making it 3 sujud all in the name of Qabli. What kind of correction is that?

# Any so-called correction to be made should be after tasleem, not before.

# If you have ANY Hadith that referenced Nabi, salallahu alayhi wa ahli, that he said or practised such (i.e correction of salat by performing sujud before tasleem), kindly share please.

2. # In the fiqh (jurisprudence) of Imami, following are evident:

* There is nothing like Qabli as explained above.

* Any major mistake in the first two rakaat of obligatory salat cannot be remedied e.g forgetting ruku, or one sujud etc. You start your salat all over again. The first two rakaat in obligatory salat is the "main salat's foundation".

* Mistake can only be corrected after taslim if problem arises in the last two or one rakaat of obligatory salat. This is Sajdat sahw - prostration of forgetfulness.
Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by abdulsemiu02(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
AlBaqir:

1. # Imagine a salat that is not rightly performed (incorrect), and here you are making it more incorrect by performing yet another sujud before tasleem making it 3 sujud all in the name of Qabli. What kind of correction is that?

# If you have ANY Hadith that referenced Nabi, salallahu alayhi wa ahli, that he said or practised such (i.e correction of salat by performing sujud before tasleem), kindly share please.

* Any major mistake in the first two rakaat of obligatory salat cannot be remedied e.g forgetting ruku, or one sujud etc. You start your salat all over again. The first two rakaat in obligatory salat is the "main salat's foundation".

* Mistake can only be corrected after taslim if problem arises in the last two or one rakaat of obligatory salat. This is Sajdat sahw - prostration of forgetfulness.

subhanallah, I'm seeing this for the very first time, I'll do research on it and get back to u. Jazakumullahu Khairan.

2 Likes

Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by AgentXxx(m): 5:59am On Apr 15, 2018
What about this hadith
Ibn Buhaynah says that once the Prophet (sws) led our zuhr prayer but did not sit down after the first two rak‘at and stood up for the third rak‘at. People also stood up with him until the time when the prayer was about to end and the people were waiting for the salam to be said, the Prophet (sws) uttered the takbir and before saying the salam offered two prostrations and then said the salam. – Bukhari – 1224
AlBaqir:

Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by AlBaqir(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2018
AgentXxx:
What about this hadith
Ibn Buhaynah says that once the Prophet (sws) led our zuhr prayer but did not sit down after the first two rak‘at and stood up for the third rak‘at. People also stood up with him until the time when the prayer was about to end and the people were waiting for the salam to be said, the Prophet (sws) uttered the takbir and before saying the salam offered two prostrations and then said the salam. – Bukhari – 1224

Bro, there are too much lies in the book of ahadith, too much lies (especially in that book called "Daeef Bukhari" ). Imagine Prophet forgetting during Salat grin So, was he among "aledhi nahum ansalatihim saa'un?" There was no one better than Nabi in 100% focus unto Allah during Salat.

Anyway, to different Sunni schools (Maliki, Shafi'i et al), they have provided their answers to that.
Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by Alajiki(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2018
AlBaqir:

Bro, there are too much lies in the book of ahadith, too much lies (especially in that book called "Daeef Bukhari" ). Imagine Prophet forgetting during Salat grin So, was he among "aledhi nahum ansalatihim saa'un?" There was no one better than Nabi in 100% focus unto Allah during Salat.

Anyway, to different Sunni schools (Maliki, Shafi'i et al), they have provided their answers to that.

I go the following from my research. What's your opinion?

[b][/b]There is no consensus about this and the main schools of thought of Fiqh differ about it:

Hanafis consider it to be always after the Salam, but assert that if it is done by mistake before the Salam then it is acceptable.
Shaf’is consider it to be always before the Salam, but assert that if the Salam is said by mistake and not much time has passed after it then it can be said after the Salam.
Malikis distinguish between a mistake that relates to adding something to the required elements of prayer (like reading an extra Rak’ah) or reducing from the required elements of prayer. In case of adding they consider the position of the Sajda to be after Salam. In case of reducing (and also in case of reducing something and adding something else) they consider the position of the Sajda to be before Salam.
Hanbalis consider both positions (before or after Salam) to be valid, while for most cases consider doing the Sajda before Salam to be more rewarding.
Jafaris (Imami Shia) consider it to be only permissible after Salam.
As you can see from the above, there is no consensus about Qabli and Ba’di. This is because this issue (doing Sajda Sahaw before or after Salam) has not been covered by the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) which means it is a matter of Ijtihad and opinion and people can have different views or may follow different views about it and within reason, none can be considered as wrong.[b][/b]
Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 24, 2018
AlBaqir:

When you know you won't believe in hadeeth why ask for it in the first place? Really I pity anyone wasting his time with someone with an-nifaaq Al-'itiqaadiy instead of using it to make ibaadaat to Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala...

4 Likes

Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by abdulsemiu02(m): 5:32am On May 26, 2018
AlBaqir:

Daeef Bukhari, Subhanallah! Don't tell me you do not take ahadith from the book? Are you condemning the effort of Imam Bukhari? Or you're among those that calls him Kafr? Are you telling me Imam Bukhari has done anything on Ahadith?

1 Like

Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by AlBaqir(m): 7:18am On May 26, 2018
abdulsemiu02:
Daeef Bukhari, Subhanallah! Don't tell me you do not take ahadith from the book? Are you condemning the effort of Imam Bukhari? Or you're among those that calls him Kafr? Are you telling me Imam Bukhari has done anything on Ahadith?

AlBaqir:

# Apart from the simple fact that there are lots of daeef ahadith in sahih al-Bukhari, we are actually taking the jugular itself - Imam Bukhari was not the author of the popular Sahih al-Bukhari we have today. That is our assertion. You can visit the below thread dedicated for it to avoid this present one being derailed.

www.nairaland.com/3108197/wrote-sahih-bukhari-obviously-not
Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by abdulsemiu02(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2018
AlBaqir:

www.nairaland.com/3108197/wrote-sahih-bukhari-obviously-not
I'm just scared of you being a member of the Shiilites. May Allah grant you and us idayah
Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by AlBaqir(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2018
abdulsemiu02:
I'm just scared of you being a member of the Shiilites. May Allah grant you and us idayah

grin grin Then you should be scared more of Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim because most of their hadith narrators were Shia (Rafidha).
Re: Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) by elfatmail(m): 7:44pm On May 10, 2023
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/77430/when-should-the-prostration-of-forgetfulness-be-done-and-what-should-be-said-in-it

When should the prostration of forgetfulness be done, and what should be said in it?
Publication : 30-03-2006
Views : 140295

Question

I would like to ask about how the prostration of forgetfulness is to be done in the case of omitting or adding something in the prayer. If the prostration of forgetfulness comes after the tasleem, should the worshipper repeat the tashahhud or not?
Should he say Subhaana Rabbiyal-A’la (Glory be to my Lord most High) during the prostration of forgetfulness? Or are there other dhikrs that can be said in the prostration of forgetfulness?
If the worshipper forgets to say the first tashahhud, does he have to do the prostration of forgetfulness or not?.
Answer
Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

With regard to when the prostration of forgetfulness should be done, before or after the salaam, there is a great difference of opinion among the scholars. The most correct view is that if a person does something extra in the prayer by mistake, the prostration must be done after the salaam, and if he omits something then he should do the prostration before the salaam. If he is not sure then it is subject to further discussion. If one thing seems more likely to him than the other then he should do the prostration after the salaam, and if neither seems more likely then he should do the prostration before the salaam. This has been discussed in the answer to question no. 12527.

Secondly:

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (8/7):

The first tashahhud in the prayer is one of the obligatory parts of prayer, according to the more correct of the two scholarly views, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do it and he said: “Pray as you have seen me praying.” If he omitted it by mistake, he should prostrate because of forgetting, and if he omitted it deliberately, then his prayer is invalid. The one who omitted it by mistake can make up for it by doing the prostration of forgetfulness before the salaam. End quote.

Thirdly:

It is not prescribed to repeat the tashahhud after the prostration of forgetfulness, whether it comes before or after the salaam. This has been discussed in the answer to question no. 7895.

Fourthly:

The prostration of forgetfulness is to be done like the prostration in prayer, so one should prostrate on seven bones as in the prostration of prayer, and remember Allaah by reciting the well-known dhikr (Subhaana Rabbiyal-A’la (Glory be to my Lord most High)) and saying between the two prostrations Rabb ighfir li, Rabb ighfir li (Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me). There is no special dhikr for the prostration of forgetfulness. This is what has been stated by the scholars.

Al-Mardaawi said in al-Insaaf (2/159):

The prostration of forgetfulness, what is said during it and after rising from it are the same as the prostration in prayer. End quote.

Al-Ramli said in Nihaayat al-Muhtaaj (2/88):

The manner in which it (i.e., the prostration of forgetfulness) is done is the same as the prostration in prayer, with regard to its obligatory duties and recommended parts, such as placing the forehead on the ground, being at ease in the posture, and iftiraash (sitting on the left thigh with the right foot upwards and its toes pointed towards the qiblah) when sitting in between them. End quote.

Some fuqaha’ regard it as mustahabb to say Subhaana man la yas-hu wa laa yanaam (Glory be to the One Who does not forget or sleep) during the prostration of forgetfulness but there is not evidence for this. What is prescribed is to limit oneself to the dhikr that is said when prostrating during prayer, and not to recite any other dhikr.

Other scholarly comments are quoted in the answer to question no. 39399.

And Allaah knows best.

Is there a Tashahhud after Sujood al-Sahw?
Praise be to Allah.

There is no tashahhud after sujood al-sahw, because the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do that, as is indicated by the saheeh ahaadeeth (see question # 211). If he had done that, he would have taught it to his companions would have said so, and they would have narrated it to others. And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Pray as you have seen me praying.”

Shaykh Ibn Qudaamah said:

“Ibn Seereen and Ibn al-Mundhir said (concerning sujood al-sahw): there is tasleem [saying salaam] in them but there is no tashahhud.

Ibn al-Mundhir said: the tasleem [in sujood al-sahw] is proven from more than one isnaad, but there is some dispute concerning the tashahhud.”

(al-Mughni, 2/431, 432)

According to al-Nawawi, among the things we learn from the hadeeth of Dhoo’l-Yadayn are:

That sujood al-Sahw was done at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

That it consists of two prostrations, and that one should say Takbeer (“Allaahu akbar”) for each prostration. They are like the prostrations of prayer, because they are called sujood, and if they had been different, he would have explained that. One should say salaam after doing sujood al-sahw, but there is no tashahhud, and if one has to do sujood al-sahw because of doing something extra in the prayer, this should be done after the salaam.

(Sharh Muslim, 5/71).

And Allaah knows best.

What should be said in the two prostrations of forgetfulness and in between them?
Praise be to Allah.

There is no specific dhikr to be said in the two prostrations of forgetfulness as far as we know. Based on this, they come under the same ruling as prostration in prayer, and the same should be said as in the prostration in prayer, such as “Subhaan Rabbiy al-a’la (Glory be to my Lord Most High) and du’aa’, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The closest a person can be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a great deal of du’aa’ (at that time).” Narrated by Muslim, 482.

See also question no. 7886 and 39677.

The same should be said between the two prostrations as is said between the two prostrations in prayer, namely “Rabbiy ighfir li (Lord forgive me).

See question no. 13340.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ (4/72):

The prostration of forgetfulness is two prostrations, sitting in between them. It is Sunnah to sit muftarishan (with the left foot lying along the ground and sitting on it) in between them, and to sit mutawarrikan (with the left upper thigh on the ground and both feet protruding from one (i.e., the right) side) after them until one says the salaam. The way in which the prostrations are done and the dhikr to be said in them is the same as in the prayer. And Allah knows best. End quote.

It says in al-Sharh al-Kabeer (4/96):

He should say in the prostration of forgetfulness the same as he says in the prostration of prayer, by analogy with it. End quote.

It says in Asna al-Mataalib (1/195):

The prostration of forgetfulness is two prostrations… the way in which they are done is the same as in prayer. He should sit muftarishan between them, and recite the same dhikr as in the prostration during the prayer. End quote.

It says in Mughni al-Muhtaaj (1/439):

The way in which it is done is the same as in prayer, both obligatory and naafil prayers, such as putting the forehead on the ground and being at ease (in the posture)… and he should say the same dhikr as in the prostration of prayer.

Al-Adhra’i said: And they did not say anything about the dhikr to be said in between them. It seems that it is the same as the dhikr between the two prostrations of the prayer. End quote.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (6/443):

When doing the prostration of forgetfulness and prostrations required when reading Qur’aan, he should say the same as he says when prostrating during the prayer: “Subhaan Rabbiy al-a’la (Glory be to my Lord Most High)”. What is required is to say it once, but the least level of perfection is to say it three times. It is mustahabb to say du’aa’ whilst prostrating, saying whatever du’aa’s prescribed in sharee’ah one can. End quote.

Some of the scholars stated that it is mustahabb to say in these prostrations: “Subhaana man laa yanaamu wa la yas-hu (Glory be to the One Who does not sleep or forget).”

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in al-Talkhees (2/12): I could not find any basis for this.” End quote.

(1) (Reply)

Birds Seen Doing Tawaf (Circumambulation) At Deserted Masjid Al Haram / Lagos Lockdown: Muslim Worshippers Shout 'Allahu Akbar'', Attack Officers / Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.