Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,554 members, 7,809,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Please Help! Before I Make The 2nd Biggest Mistake Of My Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help! Before I Make The 2nd Biggest Mistake Of My Life (732 Views)

7 Ways Low Income Earners Can Make The Most Out Of Their Earnings. / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? / The Biggest Mistake I See On Resumes - Google Head Of HR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Before I Make The 2nd Biggest Mistake Of My Life by Johnnny(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
I urgent need your advice please on my career life.

I am now 37years old, married with a child. My wife just lost her job. I work in a bank as a Contract staff, paid N28,000 monthly. I just finished my OND in mass communication through parttime schooling.

My problem now is that I don't know what next to do based on the following facts of my life:

1. My salary is not sufficient for the upkeep of my family anymore,
2. At 37, should I still proceed on doing my HND since I will be over 40 by the time i am through
3. Should I just resign myself to fate and start helping my child to build a better future inorder not to repeat
the failures of my life?

I need urgent help, I am very confused. I don't know the next step to take, pls. help
Re: Please Help! Before I Make The 2nd Biggest Mistake Of My Life by mrperfect(m): 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2010
You can further your education even if you will be 40, (If you don't go to school you will definiterly get to thesame age)
Look for personal business that can help you outside your job. Focus your mind on building your business other than working for any body.
Re: Please Help! Before I Make The 2nd Biggest Mistake Of My Life by harkeju(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2010
bro, it's not too late. if you don't further now you may regret it later. this would definitely help build a career that would help you accumulate enough resources and experience to help you build your children's
Re: Please Help! Before I Make The 2nd Biggest Mistake Of My Life by biina: 7:13am On Mar 08, 2010
Given the current uncertainty in the banking industry, your immediate priority should be getting your wife another job or biz, to complement your income. Even if she gets a another job, I would still advise that you invest in a biz that can complement your income. Only after you have consolidated your position should you make plans for your HND.
Re: Please Help! Before I Make The 2nd Biggest Mistake Of My Life by dondada78(m): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2010
Plz do all you can to further your education. Do your HND and do all you can to push your education to its zenith.
I know it might seem hard but think of it , if you do nothing you will end up worse than before.Just commit all to God and go for it
also it will be advisable that you start thinking of a biz to start with your wife

(1) (Reply)

Shell Selection Test-someboody Help / Graphic Artist Wanted , Pls Send Your Cv To Gold3ddesign@hotmail.com / The "Do Nots" In The Banking Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.