Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating (677 Views)

Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion / US Adds Nigeria To Blacklist On Religious Freedom. / Bishop Oyedepo: How To Handle Insults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
I recently debated someone (an atheist) to be precise. the person I can only describe as an emotional keg.. it so full of insult that I couldn't get his message.....I wonder what seun and his moderators are doing. this platform has internationalized Nigeria and that make it a global land .....this kind of people need to be checked before it pull this prestigious sites down....

anyway these are what I observed about those kind of people.

They claim to know better than you....

They criticised you instead of criticizing the argument.....

Their mission is to win a debate...

what I suggest you should do when you engage one.

The biggest form of reply is to stop worrying what other think or type about you negatively...

Who cares if they down vote you? Who cares if they comment on your level of knowledge or understanding? At the end of the day it’s about the person you are made of and the quality of your understanding that matters......

Just remember one thing: this person is publicly making themselves look like a real fool…. and once it’s out there on the inter web it’s generally there for good.

stay true to yourself, never worry about what he or she type about you and just aim to be the bets person you can be. and lastly emotional intelligence is the key......

mynd44 can you do your job pls....... I want this thread to reach as many as possible.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by butterflylion: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
I recently debated someone (an atheist) to be precise. the person I can only describe as an emotional keg.. it so full of insult that I couldn't get his message.....I wonder what seun and his moderators are doing. this platform has internationalized Nigeria and that make a global land .....this kind of people need to be checked before it pull this prestigious sites down....

anyway these are what I observed about those kind of people.

They claim to know better than you....

They criticised you instead of criticizing the argument.....

Their mission is to win a debate...

what I suggest you should do when you engage one.

The biggest form of reply is to stop worrying what other think or type about you negatively...

Who cares if they down vote you? Who cares if they comment on your level of knowledge or understanding? At the end of the day it’s about the person you are made of and the quality of your understanding that matters......

Just remember one thing: this person is publicly making themselves look like a real fool…. and once it’s out there on the inter web it’s generally there for good.

stay true to yourself, never worry about what he or she type about you and just aim to be the bets person you can be. and lastly emotional intelligence is the key......

mynd44 can you do your job pls....... I want this thread to reach as many as possible.

Succinct!
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by hopefulLandlord: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
"Down vote"? was this copied somewhere? last I checked its actually impossible to down vote a post on Nairaland
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by hahn(m): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
"Down vote"? was this copied somewhere? last I checked its actually impossible to down vote a post on Nairaland

Maybe the post was copied from quora

Op, post the source of this post or post the discussion you had with this atheist here on nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I use the word downvote here to address the thread. because once the victim is insulted ...other join....
nevertheless I borrow the idea from my own blog.....
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
copy wok that I paraphrased to suit this post...it is reference from my blog....that can be linked to another party.... I will post the source of the debate latter.
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by hopefulLandlord: 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
I use the word downvote here to address because once the victim is insulted ...other join....
nevertheless I borrow the idea from my own blog.....

fair enough bro

give me your blog's address, make sure its not clickable by adding spaces before and after (.) so you don't run the risk of a ban
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

fair enough bro

give me your blog's address, make sure its not clickable by adding spaces before and after (.) so you don't run the risk of a ban
what is your aim? I already told you is a copy work that I paraphrased.... pls do not disturb the mission of this thread... you can add a way out of the problems.... that is all what I need... is it a crime to copy and paraphrase here?
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by hopefulLandlord: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
what is your aim?

what? I'm not having a go at you bro, I just learnt you have a blog and I'll like to check it out haha

I've already moved on from "downvote"

you can decline giving your blog address though, no bigie
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by butterflylion: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
what is your aim?

grin grin

He is the chief troll and monitoring spirit of Nairaland. An undisputed title.
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what? I'm not having a go at you bro, I just learnt you have a blog and I'll like to check it out haha

I've already moved on from "downvote"

you can decline giving your blog address though, no bigie
you said I risk be banned....that sound suspicious.... or you are trying my intelligence.
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by hopefulLandlord: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
you said I risk be banned....that sound suspicious.... or you trying my intelligence.
oh! you should've been specific about that part, yeah, anyone giving a clickable link risks a ban especially blogs

let's say I have a blog called hopefulLandlord , its advisable to post the link as HopefulLandlord . . com then tell the viewers to remove the spaces and visit
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

oh! you should've been specific about that part, yeah, anyone giving a clickable link risks a ban especially blogs

let's say I have a blog called hopefulLandlord , its advisable to post the link as HopefulLandlord . . com then tell the viewers to remove the spaces and visit
OK I understand you....
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
to those of you asking for the discussion I had with the person I described as an emotional keg...

you can have it...

https://www.nairaland.com/4069305/why-atheists-bother-dont-believe
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by adepeter2027(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
hahn:

Maybe the post was copied from quora

Op, post the source of this post or post the discussion you had with this atheist here on nairaland grin
He's actually referring to stupidtheist

Some Christians are funny sha
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by hahn(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
adepeter2027:

Yeah. Like Christians on this forum can have a debate without hurling insults undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by adepeter2027(m): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
The op gat no meaning walai
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
adepeter2027:

I am not a Christian.... the thread isn't meant for the monicker alone. it can even be referred to any religious person who also behave similar.
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
hahn:

Yeah. Like Christians on this forum can have a debate without hurling insults undecided
that is the aim of the op... we can debate maturely without throwing jabs at each other..... that is what I want the thread to achieved.
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by adepeter2027(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
I am not a Christian.... the thread isn't meant for the monicker alone. it can even be referred to any religious person who also behave similar.
My bads for referring to you as a Christian.

BTW, this is NL, you gat to be ya self.
Seems you haven't gotten in contact with Analice107, only then will you realize the big gap between insults and words
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by vaxx: 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
adepeter2027:

Seems you haven't gotten in contact with Analice107, only then will you realize the big gap between insults and words
it shouldn't be like that... I feel very bad when I realise that there is much of insult on this forum than knowledge.... I believe it can be corrected. it is not even limited to religion section alone.....
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by hahn(m): 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
that is the aim of the op... we can debate maturely without throwing jabs at each other..... that is what I want the thread to achieved.

Nice

But we all know that is never gonna happen especially when Christians are in the spirit

smiley
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by adepeter2027(m): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
it shouldn't be like that... I feel very bad when I realise that there is much of insult on this forum than knowledge.... I believe it can be corrected. it is not even limited to religion section alone.....
Story for the gods bro.

It can never work....
Re: How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating by UncleTee3Odds: 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
adepeter2027:

lol, i created a thread to point out that scam called analice. Look at her vulgar words and can you imagine at the last page she began preaching christ. Though the mods took down the thread and banned our accounts grin

(1) (Reply)

PAUL-NATHAN UDEZE Denies Accusations Of Being A TAGITE / Should A Christian Use Horoscope And Zodiac Signs? / Spiritual Gifts And Ministries Of The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.