Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. (8273 Views)

Trapped By Passion (18+) / Victims Of Passion / There Is No Religion Greater Than Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Kazrem(m): 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
By Kazeem Abolore

“The level of your talent isn’t nearly as important as the intensity of your passion.” – Keith Harrell

I woke up in the early hours of the morning two Thursdays ago to a piece of news that not only gladdened my heart till this moment but also made me proud of myself. What was the good news?

If this article inspires you to take action, it had achieved its purpose, for it is not meant to pitch a sale but to give hope to those in despair and a reason to believe to the hopeless.

I woke on that particular Thursday to the glittering news that my first and recently published book, Write To Stardom (How To Write Irresistible Articles That Keep Readers Glued To You From A-Z), made the Bestseller list on Amazon in 2 days after publishing it. Yes! It ranked #3 in Education and Reference section and #10 in Writing Skills section. It, in a matter of hours later, topped Education and Reference section (#1) and rose to #7 in Writing Skills section. It was super amazing and I was super fantastic.

If there was one act that I could attribute this incredible feat to, it would be passion – the obsession to learn, the love to teach and strong desire to write. I do not think I am a talented speaker but I am cocksure that I am passionate about teaching via speaking.

I am not certain I am blessed with choosing words at the right situation but I am sure I am passionate about learning. If you doubt me, tell me you want to teach me a skill or a how to.

I am not sure I have more than the average skill of a writer but so much love putting down my thoughts that has ultimately improved my writing skills and has projected me as a “talented” writer before my audience.

Passion has got me what talent couldn’t.

“The level of your talent isn’t nearly as important as the intensity of your passion.” – Keith Harrell

I did say a long time ago, April precisely, that if there was one thing I would love to do all my life, it was to read, teach and write.

To you who have an enviable talent and had discovered it, this message is for you.

To you who think he does not have a talent or has not yet discovered it, this message is equally for you.

The message is simple but subtle. Here is the message: Talent is good, passion is better. A talent that is coupled with passion is best. Talent would take you far but passion would take you farther. When and where talent fails you, passion can make you. Love what you do and do what you love. Attach purpose – real life purpose – and mission to what you do and every day get beaten for not reaching the mission yet. Many are people who are not born with natural talent but are doing pretty well in their chosen field with a strong determination, daily learning and practice. And many are people who are born with unrefined but bountiful natural talent but amounted to nothing as a result not learning and practicing. More than talent, passion is what you need.

“Success comes to those who dedicate everything to their passion in life. To be successful, it is also very important to be humble and never let fame or money travel to your head.” – A.R Rahman

Abolore Kazeem is an
Amazon #1 Bestselling Author.
Innovative Teacher, Creative Writer, Personal Effectiveness Strategist and the Creator, 30 Days Writing Challenge.

http://www.opinions.ng/passion-greater-talent/

lalasticlala
mynd4

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Hardewarlee(m): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2017
FTC......

My sec sch teacher asked me this question once "why is passion greater than Talent and i was like ehm ehm

But thanks for this write up ... Lemme comman go to this teacher house and tell him the answer.

Good morning Nairalanders ... I wish you all Happy Saturday.

2 Likes

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Pweetyjuddy(f): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2017
I guess d first next time
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Zeze06(m): 7:21am On Sep 23, 2017
smiley

Create your own world...
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by boldking(m): 7:22am On Sep 23, 2017
The message is simple but subtle. Here is the
talent that is coupled with passion is best.
Talent would take you far but passion would take
you farther. When and where talent fails you,
passion can make you. Love what you do and do
what you love

op op that's the message

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Adaumunocha(f): 7:22am On Sep 23, 2017
Pcguru come summarize
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:23am On Sep 23, 2017
Good for you
What good for you might not good for me
I will pursue my own side pursue yours also
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by merryossai(m): 7:23am On Sep 23, 2017
talent is never enough in john Maxwell's voice. remember that hard work replaces talent when talent refuse to work hard. if u are talented, make sure you add to your talent passion, hard work, character, sagacity, patience, dedication, commitment, discipline, cool headedness and above all, the GOD FACTOR(grace), else you will end up like balotelli, who had all d talent but lacks the necessary rudiments to stay at the top. thumps up op for your achievement, I believe this is just a miniscule of what you r set to achieve.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Discharge(m): 7:24am On Sep 23, 2017
God's Grace is greater than Passion

1 Like

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by WizAkzy: 7:24am On Sep 23, 2017
wink
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by YomzzyDBlogger: 7:28am On Sep 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Mharthings(m): 7:30am On Sep 23, 2017
cool

10 Likes

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 23, 2017

I don't agree with this

2 Likes

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Tayosteve(m): 7:34am On Sep 23, 2017
i love this.. without passion .your talent or anything you do is nothing
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Tayosteve(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2017
Evaberry:
I don't agree with this
you better do..passion keeps you going and relevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Tayosteve(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2017
Mharthings:
well, not in all cases. you'll agree with me that Ronaldo is good but Messi is a beast in front of ball. where Ronaldo uses passion Messi is Talented to the core.

PS: I'm a Ronaldo fan but let's say the truth when we see it.
both of them have passion for what they do bro

4 Likes

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by safarigirl(f): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2017
I like to think talent and passion go hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Tayosteve(m): 7:38am On Sep 23, 2017
horlahsunbo225:
Good for you What good for you might not good for me I will pursue my own side pursue yours also
lol..did he tell u not to pursue what you like?...
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by safarigirl(f): 7:39am On Sep 23, 2017
Mharthings:
well, not in all cases. you'll agree with me that Ronaldo is good but Messi is a beast in front of ball. where Ronaldo uses passion Messi is Talented to the core.

Messi and Ronaldo both have passion for football.

The difference between them is Ronaldo puts in the work, but Messi is a natural. CR7 had to learn it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Tayosteve(m): 7:41am On Sep 23, 2017
safarigirl:
I like to think talent and passion go hand in hand.

not all the time..you may not be talented at all..but if u choose what u wanna do and add some passion...ur going places
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by DerrickzB: 7:42am On Sep 23, 2017
In other words Ronaldo is better than Messi.. Argue with ur village elders..
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Tayosteve(m): 7:43am On Sep 23, 2017
Discharge:
God's Grace is greater than Passion
who says its not....charge ur brain before using it
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by DerrickzB: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2017
Mharthings:

U obviously don't get d message.. and secondly u can't comprehend d message..

2 Likes

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Discharge(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2017
Tayosteve:

who says its not....charge ur brain before using it
fully charged, please install the brain of a goat, it will work better on that empty head.
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by khattab008: 7:58am On Sep 23, 2017
@OP:Nice piece, I think the most difficult thing for most people is discovering what they are passionate about.
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by vioment: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2017
Good wisdom. I prefer both, but if pushed i take talent /skill more than passion. I believe that passion without skill is a wash or fluke. Skill without passion is ignorance which can be taught. It also takes passion to learn skill, the only other thing to learning skill or talent is necessity or experiment. Anyone with both 90% talent and skill will always be outstanding eg messi, ronaldo, lebron james, serena williams, michael phelp, Usain bolt, etc. Passion makes you practice, and practice gives you skill/talent.

Talent by itself is like an unplanned house or temporary tent that will be destoryed by a mini wind or trying times, passion is like a foundation without anything built on it, which can be good or bad depends on goals and planning.

3 Likes

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Timbuktuo: 8:11am On Sep 23, 2017
safarigirl:
Messi and Ronaldo both have passion for football.

The difference between them is Ronaldo puts in the work, but Messi is a natural. CR7 had to learn it

This is not totally true. Messi works very, very, very hard. His talent may be natural but he is a very hard worker.

1 Like

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Musa001: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2017
Good one
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by safarigirl(f): 8:39am On Sep 23, 2017
Timbuktuo:

This is not totally true. Messi works very, very, very hard. His talent may be natural but he is a very hard worker.
Messi dies not work as hard as CR7, that is the point

1 Like

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by menxer: 8:52am On Sep 23, 2017
Passion Is Greater Than Talent depending on your perspective, but You can as well say, the engine is greater than the car.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born / Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. / {hindi Diwas Kavita} Hindi Diwas 2016 Kavita, Hindi Pakhwada Diwas Poem, Rhymes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.