Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,541 members, 7,801,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Rihanna Met France's First Lady - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna Met France's First Lady (1585 Views)

Comedian, Amb. Wahala Who Mimicks Former First Lady Urges Women To Vote (Video) / WOW!!! Watch Moment Rihanna Met Tems In New York. / Alex And Tobi Meet Rashida Yahaya Bello, Kogi State First Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
A Tale Of Two Suits: When Rihanna Met Brigitte Macron

RIHANNA took a break from the Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets press tour yesterday, in order to pay a visit to French President Emmanuel Macron.

First lady Brigitte Macron welcomed the pop star at the Elysée Palace, where the agenda was education rights in impoverished communities. Macron, it seems, took Rihanna’s Tweet to him in June asking, “will France commit to #FundEducation?”, seriously. Other world leaders, such as Argentina’s Mauricio Macri, are yet to respond to her queries. Lest they should forget that Harvard University awarded her the Humanitarian of the Year Award earlier this year. Rihanna means business.

[...]

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/rihanna-and-brigitte-macron-paris-style

Two inspiring ladies, doing their own thing their own way instead of giving in to traditions that limit them. They are making a difference, they are writing history. They are strong and they are powerful.
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by BlackDBagba: 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
cool
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by eezeribe(m): 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
OK
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Ever8054: 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
only if I manage not to find this her dressing funny especially the trouser...
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ever8054:
only if I manage not to find this her dressing funny especially the trouser...

They met to discuss how to improve access to education in impoverished areas but you chose to focus on her trousers. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by cococandy(f): 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
I love Rihanna.
Literally. I have a crush on her. kiss
She's my idea of an ideal woman.
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by oluebubeneo(f): 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
I just love this girl... she nor just send. Go girl!!!
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Mindfulness:

Two inspiring ladies, doing their own thing their own way instead of giving in to traditions that limit them.

What exactly are these traditions that limit an average woman in first-world countries?
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by jakandeola(m): 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
cococandy:
I love Rihanna.
Literally. I have a crush on her. kiss
She's my idea of an ideal woman.
baby I miss u a lot am on ban
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by cococandy(f): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
jakandeola:
baby I miss u a lot am on ban
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by jakandeola(m): 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
cococandy:
why dat
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
boostdom:

What exactly are these traditions that limit an average woman in first-world countries?

Is Rihanna from a first-world country?

Is it common for women in first world countries to have a husband who is 20 years younger?

Both women are an inspiration. Macron is proud to say how his wife is the driving force behind his success and Rhianna was only 16 when she left her home to audition in New York. And gbam, the rest is history! She is almost 30 years old and instead of lamenting about her marital status or attacking other women when her husbands cheats, she is devoted to promoting education in impoverished areas.
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Is Rihanna from a first-world country?

Rihanna is not from a first world country, thus this question is quite irrelevant here because she is whom she is because of her achievements in a first world country.

Is it common for women in first world countries to have a husband who is 20 years younger?

Is it common for women in first world countries to have a husband who is younger? Yes. See what I did there? Your question is deliberately scripted to fit a narrative. My question was about limitations of women in first world countries.

I am not trying to debase the achievements of these women but was curious when you made it about patriarchy.

1 Like

Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
boostdom:

Rihanna is not from a first world country, thus this question is quite irrelevant here because she is whom she is because of her achievements in a first world country.

Is it common for women in first world countries to have a husband who is younger? Yes. See what I did there? Your question is deliberately scripted to fit a narrative. My question was about limitations of women in first world countries.

I am not trying to debase the achievements of these women but was curious when you made it about patriarchy.

Patriarchy? No, rather women's misplaced priorities. wink
You have a choice in life, even in Nigeria. Not sure about Saudi Arabia though. grin

So if Rhianna could make it, others can make it too. This is what I called inspiration at the beginning. I hope you felt a breeze of inspiration too.
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Patriarchy? No, rather women's misplaced priorities. wink
You have a choice in life, even in Nigeria. Not sure about Saudi Arabia though. grin

So if Rhianna could make it, others can make it too. This is what I called inspiration at the beginning. I hope you felt a breeze of inspiration too.

Lol.

I guess the bolded affirms your opinion of the virtual absence of traditions that enforce women subjugation in first world countries.

Are you on boxden? I see this same username there.
Re: Rihanna Met France's First Lady by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
boostdom:

Lol.

I guess the bolded affirms your opinion of the virtual absence of traditions that enforce women subjugation in first world countries.

No.

Are you on boxden? I see this same username there.

No.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Problem With Timi Dakolo, Darey And Praiz? / Shatta Wale Goes Mad As Google Confirms Wizkid Biggest Musician In Ghana / Money Speaking!! Rapper The Game Flaunts His Fleet Of Exotic Matching Red Cars A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.