Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... (54132 Views)

Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / These Are The Longest-ever Living Car Models / China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by kingreign(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2018
Kamalu5258:
If you know Peugeots so well as you claim, then you'll know that they don't have timing belt issues unless you go against manufacturer specifications. Mannerless animal.
I have lost count or the number of timing belt snaps from Peugeot engines which have not been tampered with.
Jati jati. Anum pama
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Kamalu5258(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2018
Obviously you're a quack, that's why you find it difficult to be able to solve simple reason why a timing belt should snap. If you don't know, ask questions and don't be an unfortunate crying baby.
kingreign:
I have lost count or the number of timing belt snaps from Peugeot engines which have not been tampered with.
Jati jati. Anum pama
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by thebigkendo(m): 12:18am On Nov 15, 2018
Kamalu5258:
Obviously you're a quack, that's why you find it difficult to be able to solve simple reason why a timing belt should snap. If you don't know, ask questions and don't be an unfortunate crying baby.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8120521_img20180925084223_jpegfaebc0dcc040f97c92bbea18893fabeb

3 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by radautoworks: 1:57am On Nov 15, 2018
adanny01:

It is an established fact, not only in Nigeria. I dont even use any German car for your info.

The average German car has more electronics and wiring than an average Japanese car. More electronics mean more electronics problems.

Read this thread
https://www.quora.com/Why-are-German-luxury-car-brands-such-as-Mercedes-and-BMW-so-unreliable-after-3-4-years-according-to-Consumer-Reports-vs-5-star-rated-Japanese-cars

Yes, just like more old people means more deaths. The question is are they a disproportionate number compared to Japanese cars? The answer is no.

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by radautoworks: 1:59am On Nov 15, 2018
Kamalu5258:

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by CityNGR: 4:50am On Nov 15, 2018
Kamalu5258:

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Goldiano(m): 10:18am On Nov 15, 2018
Mutuwa:

Golf...avoid it like Ebola.
what about acura car(tl)
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by kernniejay(m): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
I recommend this old 1993 Honda Accord if you are looking for 2nd or 3rd hand Nigerian used car. Very rugged, cheap to use and can run like mad, I have one and it speeds like jet. No wonder it is still common on the roads till today. Any objection?

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by peacengine(m): 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
menstrualpad:
Unless you are really knowledgeable about the marquees or a mechanic who can personally handle a spanner with dexterity... I will advise you to avoid the following vehicles:

1. Peugeot 607 V6 plus automatic transmission. I won't explain.
2. BMW series whatever series either series a, series b to z. Especially automatic transmission models.

3. Landrover Freelander... Designed by the devil assembled by monkeys.. left factory for showroom with over 200 known faults... Avoid like leprosy!
4. Audi A4 Allroad... I will leave this for kingreign...
5. Nigerian used Nissan Murano... With wires hanging out in the engine bay...in fact all Nissan cars with the slightest sign of abuse..
6. Add yours as led and experienced or known.

Honda
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by peacengine(m): 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
kernniejay:
I recommend this old 1993 Honda Accord if you are looking for 2nd or 3rd hand Nigerian used car. Very rugged, cheap to use and can run like mad, I have one and it speeds like jet. No wonder it is still common on the roads till today. Any objection?

Bro are u not having problem with the fuel pump?

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by olapopsJnr19: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2018
smileyok

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

AirCar: Car That Can Fly Cleared For Takeoff But You Will Need A Pilot's License / Hummer Jeep Used To Sell Beverages And Provisions In Edo (Photos) / 2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.