Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... (54110 Views)

Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / These Are The Longest-ever Living Car Models / China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by valarinz: 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
psalmson001:
What about year 2000 model volvo s70 with manual transmission. Any critic or advise about this car?

if you certify the car to be free of issues, it's fine, the car is reliable
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by kingreign(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
Any Peugeot should be avoided bar the 404, 504, 505.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by psalmson001: 3:15am On Oct 15, 2017
valarinz:

if you certify the car to be free of issues, it's fine, the car is reliable

Thanks bro.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:51am On Oct 15, 2017
kingreign:
Any Peugeot should be avoided bar the 404, 504, 505.

but the 406 seems to b a very reliable vehicle, or does it have a terminal ailment that I haven't encountered? only known confirmed issue is the BSI and wen kazeems try to create a workaround,. the whole electrical system starts dancing ajasco

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by kingreign(m): 6:46am On Oct 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

but the 406 seems to b a very reliable vehicle, or does it have a terminal ailment that I haven't encountered? only known confirmed issue is the BSI and wen kazeems try to create a workaround,. the whole electrical system starts dancing ajasco
Timing belt snap syndrome

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Kingkamal(m): 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
adanny01:

All German cars have electrical problems. VW, Benz, BMW, Audi, Opel...
All your mechanics are quacks....

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by adanny01(m): 12:33am On Oct 25, 2017
Kingkamal:
All your mechanics are quacks....

It is an established fact, not only in Nigeria. I dont even use any German car for your info.

The average German car has more electronics and wiring than an average Japanese car. More electronics mean more electronics problems.

Read this thread
https://www.quora.com/Why-are-German-luxury-car-brands-such-as-Mercedes-and-BMW-so-unreliable-after-3-4-years-according-to-Consumer-Reports-vs-5-star-rated-Japanese-cars
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by joebrowntech(m): 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
There’s no such rule on which cars to avoid when they get used. However, you could definitely get knowledge about a certain vehicle from the user manuals they contain. And if you too wish to get a user manual for a certain vehicle, you could contact https://manuals.co/ for assistance.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by faridpac2: 7:13am On Apr 08, 2018
Mutuwa:

3 and 4.
I had witnessed how Golf 4 wiring issues messed my friend up.
only golf 4 has electric issues not golf 3
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by hapi(m): 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
Guys what about Honda pilot 2004, any issues with it.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by civilserva: 6:44am On Jun 18, 2018
Pls guys give us review on used Honda Pilot 2003-2006, i want to buy Nigeria used one.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Attah995: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2018
Mitsubishi Pajero

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by sleekender(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
I disagree with you on the Pajero

It's an amazing car to own upto 3rd hand sef.

Attah995:
Mitsubishi Pajero

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Kewtt: 4:56am On Nov 04, 2018
Mutuwa:

When I said you are a love child I wasn't wrong.It's typical of you folks.You don't see well,because of your stenchy loveless life.Go back to the post and tell me where I mentioned I used a golf you lame mule..
Failure to so do,adds to the fact that you are a love child..
Lol lwkmd.... OMG!!

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by gbengalite(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
civilserva:
Pls guys give us review on used Honda Pilot 2003-2006, i want to buy Nigeria used one.

The maintenance cost is high, saps fuel cos it has a big engine, fix legs every now and then. a colleague used it for 2 yrs and he bought it as TK so i know what i am saying.

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Emimax: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
Please, who has anything to say about Chevrolet aveo?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Kewtt: 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
Emimax:
Please, who has anything to say about Chevrolet aveo?
Unless it's new
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by gopac: 7:28am On Nov 07, 2018
What's your view and experience on these three cars:
Honda addidas 1999/2000/2001
Peugeot 307
Hyundai accent 2004
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Kamalu5258(m): 6:43am On Nov 08, 2018
Why won't the timing belt snap when you use fake timing belt and don't adhere to the manufacturer instructions with regards to routine change of timing and auxiliary belt kits? Prompt routine change of timing and auxiliary belt kits with OEM replacement parts will keep you free from woes and stories that touch. Use China parts and watch the car tear your pocket.
kingreign:

Timing belt snap syndrome

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Kewtt: 7:36am On Nov 08, 2018
Kamalu5258:
Why won't the timing belt snap when you use fake timing belt and don't adhere to the manufacturer instructions with regards to routine change of timing and auxiliary belt kits? Prompt routine change of timing and auxiliary belt kits with OEM replacement parts will keep you free from woes and stories that touch. Use China parts and watch the car tear your pocket.
So you concluded on your own that kingreign has or owned a Peugeot?

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by kingreign(m): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2018
Kamalu5258:
You must be stupid or you must had drank poisoned sapele water. FYI I have Peugeot 406, 407, 307 and a few other Peugeot Haynes manual and also workshop manual.
FYI I have worked on Peugeots and their customers were satisfied. FYI I never owned any Peugeot.
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by thebigkendo(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2018
Only Toyota cars are reliable grin grin grin grin. Everybody has one friend, client or uncle using other brands and them dey chop money, belt dey cut, leg dey pull & e dey drink fuel like water grin grin
Toyota belt no dey cut, e no dey overheat.. No wonder all the diportivo friends weh be toyota part sellers/mechanics dey close shop, since no market grin grin grin
Sombody say e can pour 1000liters of water on the engine bay without thinking of the reparcusion grin grin
If you pour for another car and e no start, does that make your car better or more reliable?? Was any of the cars designed for 1000liters of water to be poured in the bay?

Nigerians and our kind of comparism sha

4 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nmaudu: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2018
Please help review Toyota Highlander 2008. Want to get a Nigerian used model
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 08, 2018
thebigkendo:
Only Toyota cars are reliable grin grin grin grin. Everybody has one friend, client or uncle using other brands and them dey chop money, belt dey cut, leg dey pull & e dey drink fuel like water grin grin
Toyota belt no dey cut, e no dey overheat.. No wonder all the diportivo friends weh be toyota part sellers/mechanics dey close shop, since no market grin grin grin
Sombody say e can pour 1000liters of water on the engine bay without thinking of the reparcusion grin grin
If you pour for another car and e no start, does that make your car better or more reliable?? Was any of the cars designed for 1000liters of water to be poured in the bay?

Nigerians and our kind of comparism sha

We will give you a new middle name "Toyota".

You talk more about "Toyota" more than your loved brand "Honda"

Abi, we should start making party preparation to officially welcome you to the Toyota family.

Leave Toyota for us jooor. We like them like that. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by thebigkendo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2018
TheCar:

We will give you a new middle name "Toyota".

You talk more about "Toyota" more than your loved brand "Honda"

Abi, we should start making party preparation to officially welcome you to the Toyota family.

Leave Toyota for us jooor. We like them like that. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If you dash me I go Collect oh.. Toyota is now my loved brand grin grin
Nothing more to talk about in Honda.. My honda leg dey pull every week, e dey drink full like what!!! Parts very expensive but my belt never cut sha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by diportivo: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2018
thebigkendo:

Nothing more to talk about in Honda.. My honda leg dey pull every week, e dey drink full like what!!! Parts very expensive but my belt never cut sha grin grin grin

na belt remain make e cut

voilà!!

u will migrate to ToyotaVille grin
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by thebigkendo(m): 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2018
diportivo:

na belt remain make e cut

voilà!!

u will migrate to ToyotaVille grin

I dey tell grin grin grin grin
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
thebigkendo:

That one simple now.

Send your plate number, we go inform Police & Lastma to stop your car and use scissor to cut the belt. grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by thebigkendo(m): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2018
TheCar:

That one simple now.

Send your plate number, we go inform Police & Lastma to stop your car and use scissor to cut the belt. grin cheesy grin cheesy

Na police dey cut snap the pijo 406 belt?? tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
thebigkendo:

Na police dey cut snap the pijo 406 belt?? tongue tongue

Don't worry sir.

From today onward, we have rebranded your car.

Toyota Accord

You are welcome to the Toyota Family. wink
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Kamalu5258(m): 2:11am On Nov 09, 2018
Well he was talking like the knew it all obviously he won't talk about timing belt snapping in peugeots if he knew the right way to solve the challenge.
Kewtt:

So you concluded on your own that kingreign has or owned a Peugeot?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Kamalu5258(m): 2:14am On Nov 09, 2018
If you know Peugeots so well as you claim, then you'll know that they don't have timing belt issues unless you go against manufacturer specifications. Mannerless animal.
kingreign:

You must be stupid or you must had drank poisoned sapele water. FYI I have Peugeot 406, 407, 307 and a few other Peugeot Haynes manual and also workshop manual.
FYI I have worked on Peugeots and their customers were satisfied. FYI I never owned any Peugeot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

AirCar: Car That Can Fly Cleared For Takeoff But You Will Need A Pilot's License / Hummer Jeep Used To Sell Beverages And Provisions In Edo (Photos) / 2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.