Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever (26752 Views)

Sony Ericsson P990i: How Many Of You Remember This Powerful Phone? / Tecno Spark 4: Decent Yet Powerful Phone / Toughest Phone Ever:The Land Rover's Explore Comes With Swappable Battery Pack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:
this is what they mean when they say you cannot disceen oga.

There are two pictures below. In one the lines are obvious. And that's the 3GS(non Retina) in the other the lines aren't (iphone 4)
Bleep me! You are comparing apples and oranges! The 3GS with the iPhone 4? Your analogy is wayyyyyyy off Bro..
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

This is my point exactly..in real life usage the top 5-10 phones are so closely matched in speed of use that an average user(and most phone owners are average users) won’t notice the difference..

We want the very best brother. It is our money
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

Bleep me! You are comparing apples and oranges! The 3GS with the iPhone 4? Your analogy is wayyyyyyy off Bro..

*facepalm* please understand I was not comparing rather enlightening you.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by texazzpete(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

No it is not....in actual usage, you will hardly notice any difference because both phones use OLED displays..the human eyes haven’t evolved to be able to see pixels in their singular form..wait, the iPhone 8 doesn’t use OLED sef..that’s the iPhone X if I’m not mistaken..

You people will not kill me with laughter.

So the Galaxy S3 camera from 2012 and Google Pixel camera from 2016 are identical because the S3 has an OLED display?

Kai.

Will an OLED display magically fix motion blur, noise, resolve low light detail and fix white balance?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

How did you know most people are buying because of the design? Did you do a survey? Can I read It? I don't know about your most people. But I have my iPhone 8 preordered. And will use it until the X is out. Because the X is way more powerful than the 8 and not because of your silly design excuse.

Dony get emotional, it's on the internet. People are waiting for the X because the 8 brings nothing new to throw table design wise. Why did Apple name these series 8 when it's obvious a 7s? It's a plan to decieve the gullible.

X won't be too powerful than the 8 because they have same chipset but X is a 2017 phone unlike the 8. This is a year of OLED and bezeless screen phones.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

Oh for Pete’s sake! Is an iPhone so rare that one can’t come across it again? Even the s6 has a better looking screen with a it’s 1080ppi to the iPhone 7 720ppi, and the s6 is an older device..the s8 brings an even better screen than the s6..but like I said, in real life usage, our eyes can’t really tell the difference between a 720ppi and 1080ppi screen..the AMOLED screen of the s-series phones gives it a darker black, which makes it better for watching movies.....

Yes it is rare in Nigeria. You don't see it on every street. Unless you're a student, or have internet fraudster friends. Iphone's are rare. Especially the latest models. Most people don't know which is 6 and which is 7.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Dony get emotional, it's on the internet. People are waiting for the X because the 8 brings nothing new to throw table design wise. Why did Apple name these series 8 when it's obvious a 7s? It's a plan to decieve the gullible.

X won't be too powerful than the 8 because they have same chipset but X is a 2017 phone unlike the 8. This is a year of OLED and bezeless screen phones.

The iPhone 7 has more similarities design wise to the iPhone 6s than the iPhone 8 has to the iphone 7. But when you walk around with an iPhone 7 and an iPhone 6s I don't need to tell you for you to know the difference.

It is not an "obvious" 7s because if it was there would be no design change. Look at the older generations
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

You were there when they stole the tech or you supplied the guns?

Apple gives out contracts Oga!

And with Apple it must be standard. We must not be ripped off! That's why we have a phone that has just face ID with no back up fingerprint scanner. If you like put on all the make up in the world it will work if it's you. It's Apple.

Apple stole the tech from Winsonsin University, don't be stupid and emotional at the same time. Why didn't faceID work on the stage while it was unveiled? It failed and that made Apple stocks fell.

Why didn't Apple allow anybody to register their face during the event? An Apple staff was beside every stand with their face pre registered and nobody could test it by registering thier face. Quit sounding like a gulible fanboy and discourse logically and intellectually
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

How?
Blowing away is subjective? Apple's SoCs have always been beastly thanks to tech stolen to arrive at it. Also, a tiny population does video editing let alone doing it on the phone. On a daily usage , you wouldnt see mufh difference in these things.

Same thing was said last year about iPhone 7 yet S7 edge won the award of the best 2016 smartphone
Talking about a thing being subjective..
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Apple stole the tech from Winsonsin University, don't be stupid and emotional at the same time. Why didn't faceID work on the stage while it was unveiled? It failed and that made Apple stocks fell.

Why didn't Apple allow anybody to register their face during the event? An Apple staff was beside every stand with their face pre registered and nobody could test it by registering thier face. Quit sounding like a gulible fanboy and discourse logically and intellectually

Now you just sound stupider.

How can you register your face on a demo device? How many people would they allow to register and how would they choose?

Modified

If you don't know what to say, you can just end saying. I'm sorry I haven't used an apple device and I really don't know anyone using one. So I just tend to say from things I think and feel I didn't know it was this stupid. I will try not to sound passive aggressive next time.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

The iPhone 7 has more similarities design wise to the iPhone 6s than the iPhone 8 has to the iphone 7. But when you walk around with an iPhone 7 and an iPhone 6s I don't need to tell you for you to know the difference.

It is not an "obvious" 7s because if it was there would be no design change. Look at the older generations

There's no difference between these phones design wise. Heck, place the phones on the table and it would hardly be seen. iPhone 8 could because it's glass but will i wanna upgrade to 8 from 6s or 7 because of that? No. I will rather buy the X, this is part of the reason why 8 sales isn't moving
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

We want the very best brother. It is our money
Best is subjective here..what you consider as being best will differ from another person...and for the record, I use an iPhone too..
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Now you just sound stupider.

How can you register your face on a demo device? How many people would they allow to register and how would they choose?

You stylishly commented on this alone leaving out the rest. Yes you can if Apple wanted to. Werent peole allowed to register this fingers to test touchID on demo units? Why is it different this time?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Dude if you use an iPhone you’ll know that you first have to input your Touch ID if your phone was restarted or hasnt been used after turning on...

the message it displayed is very familiar... dude it didn’t fail.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2017
KillerFrost:

Talking about a thing being subjective..

Yes it is but this was an award and before this would happen so many phones would have been compared together and the features weighed. Strengths and weaknesses compared against one another
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:42am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

You stylishly commented on this alone leaving out the rest. Yes you can if Apple wanted to. Werent peole allowed to register this fingers to test touchID on demo units? Why is it different this time?

When? What release? Send me a YouTube link. Your assertion that Apple stole tech from tech from Wisconsin is baseless. And its not "winsconsin". Your s6 edge did not correct it for you?

Ps- check I modified the comment
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2017
texazzpete:

You people will not kill me with laughter.

So the Galaxy S3 camera from 2012 and Google Pixel camera from 2016 are identical because the S3 has an OLED display?

Kai.

Will an OLED display magically fix motion blur, noise, resolve low light detail and fix white balance?
I can assure you that when you place an iPhone 6 and an S3 side by side, you will not be able to tell which is better..because the OLED screen of the much outdated s3 offers a vibrant display..use both the ip6 and s3 to watch a movie and I bet you you will prefer the S3..now I am talking of real life usage because I’ve owned both phones...I am not a fanboy of Samsung/Android or iPhone/ios...but yes, the ip6 has a better camera.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2017
KillerFrost:

Dude if you use an iPhone you’ll know that you first have to input your Touch ID if your phone was restarted or hasnt been used after turning on...

He is very ignorant.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

I can assure you that when you place an iPhone 6 and an S3 side by side, you will not be able to tell which is better..because the OLED screen of the much outdated s3 offers a vibrant display..use both the ip6 and s3 to watch a movie and I bet you you will prefer the S3..now I am talking of real life usage because I’ve owned both phones...I am not a fanboy of Samsung/Android or iPhone/ios...but yes, the ip6 has a better camera.

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahah ������

I don't know what to tell you o
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

There's no difference between these phones design wise. Heck, place the phones on the table and it would hardly be seen. iPhone 8 could because it's glass but will i wanna upgrade to 8 from 6s or 7 because of that? No. I will rather buy the X, this is part of the reason why 8 sales isn't moving

Is there a difference between the s6 and s7? Or s6 edge and s7 edge apart from size. Or the s5 and s6?

Why do you say it's not moving? No one has bought it?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Yes it is rare in Nigeria. You don't see it on every street. Unless you're a student, or have internet fraudster friends. Iphone's are rare. Especially the latest models. Most people don't know which is 6 and which is 7.
If students can afford iPhones, then what makes it rare or unaffordable?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by officialfestus(m): 10:49am On Sep 23, 2017
blastac:
But wait.... What is iPhone 8 offering that Android hasn't done before... They were making noise about the wireless charge but common alot of phones have done that.... What else abeg even Samsung's S8 camera is better than iPhone 8 camera... Okay dey wan boast of water and dust resistance but even infinix have started dat.... I still don't get why I should gv up Android 4 iPhone.... It's like comparing play station(Android) with Nintendo(iPhone)
you've said it all.....
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:49am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

If students can afford iPhones, then what makes it rare or unaffordable?

I said if you're a student because you're likely to see the son of a rich dad or an internet fraudster. Are we going to arguing about how expensive the iPhone is now?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 23, 2017
ib4real95:
[b]
Thats just it at the bolded.. there is no type of tweak and tricks i did not do on android but i got tired of it even while stilll using android. All i needed was iphones smooth and wonderful performance. Been using iphone for about 1 year now and i still smile anytime i pick and unlock my phone.. Y'all iphone users know that smooth experience you feel wink

Chop knuckle my guy....I used android years ago when I was a student and partly jobless, can't deal with laggy phones, wastes my time....
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2017
KillerFrost:

Are you saying that he didn't have faceID set up? That's a big blunder which several articles talked about. Otherwise your post is telling me that you have to unlock your phone to unlock your phone...
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Yes it is but this was an award and before this would happen so many phones would have been compared together and the features weighed. Strengths and weaknesses compared against one another

Firstly, you claim the iPhone is a piece of trash, it came second runner up

Secondly,you don’t expect Apple to go home with all the awards after edging out with the MacBook and watchseries

Finally,The award were voted on by a panel of judges as well as by readers of their site!... I can post multiple links where readers rated the iPhone 7/7 plus best smartphone . Organizing an event and giving out the award is another thing.. Being subjective!

So remind me again how the iPhone is a piece of trash smiley
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:52am On Sep 23, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Chop knuckle my guy....I used android years ago when I was a student and partly jobless, can't deal with laggy phones, wastes my time....

Same here. I used an android years ago when I was a student and still looking for the latest tweakware cheat and how to put it onscreen buttons. When I was still jobless and broke.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

I said if you're a student because you're likely to see the son of a rich dad or an internet fraudster. Are we going to arguing about how expensive the iPhone is now?

This is a pretty stupid comment. Most iPhone users buy the basic versions. iPhone X retails for $999 while Note 8 retails for $929. By your logic, an iPhone Z user is richer than me because i use a Note 8? Don't be stupid, bringing richness to phones is complete stupidity
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 23, 2017
KillerFrost:

Firstly, you claim the iPhone is a piece of trash, it came second runner up

Secondly,you don’t expect Apple to go home with all the awards after edging out with the MacBook and watchseries

Finally,The award were voted on by a panel of judges as well as by readers of their site!... I can post multiple links where readers rated the iPhone 7/7 plus best smartphone . Organizing an event and giving out the award is another thing.. Being subjective!

So remind me again how the iPhone is a piece of trash smiley

Where did i call iPhone a piece of trash?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2017
[s]
vicfuntop:

Let me school you first. Apostrophes are used for possessive nouns hence the "broke boy's comment". So your "iPhone's " doesn't make any sense. It shows you are a dumbass. Your IQ is so low you have to dig for it.
By the way I saw one of your topics about injoo phones. I now understand why you were hypertensive when I said the "broke boy's comment" Take a chill pill, okay; You will get there if only you can channel the rage inside you into thinking.
[/s]
What a Turd. cheesy

someone with great IQ doesn't know the difference between pidgin and proper grammar?

What an idiot. cheesy

Agreed, i'm broke.
Now tell us the number of iphone you have you?

Shit4brain cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Is there a difference between the s6 and s7? Or s6 edge and s7 edge apart from size. Or the s5 and s6?

Why do you say it's not moving? No one has bought it?

S5 and S6 are entirely different looking devices. S6 and S7 doesn't look too different hence the reason s6 edge and s7 edge sold more units.

Most people buy this thing because of the looks. How many people use the internal features of phones in the era of Snapchat and Instagram. Be logical
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Are you saying that he didn't have faceID set up? That's a big blunder which several articles talked about. Otherwise your post is telling me that you have to unlock your phone to unlock your phone...

This is what he is saying oga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Facebook Down? / My Experience From The Infinix Hot6x Photo Walk / Inside Transsion’s (Mother Company Of Tecno/Infinix) Headquarter In Shanghai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.