Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Top Ten Books On Okadabooks - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top Ten Books On Okadabooks (995 Views)

Don't Fall Into The Trap Of Okadabooks! / I Want To Buy All Your Books On Okadabooks Today (You Must Have At Least 5) / I Am Publishing A Romantic On Okadabooks, Please You Can Buy It Is Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Books On Okadabooks by Divepen1(m): 6:10am On Sep 23, 2017
Last week started the top ten books on Okadabooks and here is this week's own.

Last week's number 2 moves to the first position this week.

Author: Tunde Leye

Price: ₦ 100
Description:

It doesn’t actually take as much as most people think it takes to fall in love. I was twenty seven and not so fresh out of school. I graduated at twenty from a Babcock University and was through with NYSC by twenty one. And as if I was walking on some gilded star, I landed a lucrative job as the assistant to the senior assistant to the directors of a major oil and gas firm (yes, assistants have their own assistants wink ). Over time, I have grown in the business, and three years ago, one of the directors decided to venture out on his own when the firm refused to take a risk and pursue a certain deal. As a sharp Lagos girl, I had rightly guessed that the deal was gold and so I moved with him when he set up. It wasn’t easy in that first year, moving from the comfort and certainty of my first office but now, we are a thriving oil and gas firm, and I am the senior assistant to him, the sole owner. I am more or less the next most powerful person in the company after him. And I am just twenty seven with my own house in Lekki Phase 1, a state of the art SUV and an official salon car with my own driver. And yes, I now have my own assistants. I was a bigz girlz, and I enjoyed life to the fullest, like Wizkid sang London today, Lagos tomorrow, Reks baybay lokeloke, omo jaiye jaiye *pauses to play the song and do an Azonto to it cheesy *. Back to the story...see what happened next

2. Last week's number 6 moves up to be this week's number 2

Title: The Love Triangle

Author: The Fertile Chick

Category: Romance

Price: ₦ 300
Description:

Fola loves Jimi. Jimi loves Dolly...or Fola...or Dolly. The epic love triangle between the sisters and Jimi, that lasted two decades.

3.Title: 29, Single & Nigerian
Author: Naija Singlegirl

Category: Fiction

Language: English

Price: ₦ 900
Description:

Edikan is naïve, materialistic, incredibly thirsty and bordering on delusional. This lady has nothing going for her and is completely unprepared for ‘adulting’. You would think the reverse would be the case, considering her background, but it turns out growing up in poverty doesn’t necessarily make you realistic. This book is absolutely hilarious; but it’s not all fun and games and in the midst of the humor, the author touches on some serious issues. Like the experiences of unemployed graduates in this current clime, with unscrupulous people looking to swindle you at every point , everybody’s obsession with marriage in this country, and the patriarchal system that dictates that a woman is nothing if she doesn’t have a man.

4. Last week's number one
Title: Dangerous Passion Author: Tomilola Coco Adeyemo Category: Romance

Price: ₦ 750

Description:

Toni had always been a good girl, or at least, the closest version to what it was to be a good girl. And even though her life was uneventful and she was bored stiff years after her German husband, Michael Garrn passed, she was still clueless on how to truly lose herself until she met Olumide, the strip club owner. Olumide ‘Black Devil’ Okubanjo was the quintessential bad boy; he had the looks, the body and of course the attitude. He also did really dangerous things and he was on a mission in Toni’s life. However, one moment of passion was all these two needed for their lives to change but they also weren’t prepared for the dark secrets that would not only shake their very foundation but might have them both killed.

5. Moving two step upward from Last week's number 7

Title: Till Day Breaks (Eiba Family Saga Book 3)

Author: Sinmisola Ogúnyinka

Description:

Kade Eiba is the successful MD of Decoy Holdings. To crown his business success was his engagement to Joyce King, a model who had won the most coveted world beauty title, Miss World. The duo had everything going for them. Then one day, a lady called Joy walked into the plush grounds of Decoy Holdings and nothing remained the same for anyone. In a tale of fantasy and faith, retribution and reality, Kade’s once organized life is thrown into confusion; his toughest principles put to the hardest tests and his deepest convictions forced to answer the oddest of questions.

Title: Even the Lawful Captive (A True Dream novel)

Author: Sinmisola Ogúnyinka

Description:

A TRUE DREAM novel is a short fiction story told from the character point-of-view on the romantic journey to getting married. It is true romance that should leave you warm and dreamy. Afoma, like all the other girls and men in Chief’s estate feared the guy called ‘Texas.’ He had a reputation for being brutal, and never failed to execute his assignments to perfection. Afoma never imagined Texas would take any interest in her. But then he did, and like all his other assignments, was bent on succeeding in having a relationship with her. But a relationship with Texas would jeopardize everything Afoma lived for, including her life.

Title: Freddie Untangled (The Essiens #7)

Author: Kiru Taye
Price: ₦ 899

Description:

Kike has struggled for years to break out of the chains of her marriage to Lekan. After moving out of the Ogun estate, she has to cope with condemnation not just from family and friends but from unseen followers as the story of her relationship with Freddie becomes media fodder. She’s finally free to love a man who loves her but is she about to lose everything else that matters to her? Freddie has a new family—Kike and the kids—and he has to pull out all the stops if he is to outwit a powerful sociopathic pastor as well as and deal with ghosts from his past that come to haunt him. He will do whatever it takes to keep the woman he loves safe but the price might be his sanity and his life. Lekan is not about to give up on a woman he sees as his property and uses every weapon in his arsenal to get Kike back, including following through on the threats he made. With the odds stacked up against Kike and Freddie, is a happy future together even possible? Will they ever be out of Lekan’s reach? This story unravels in two instalments—this is the second part and not a standalone. The first part, Freddie Entangled is out now.

Title: Baba Risi

Author: Tunde Leye

Description:

Court! Order! The clerk shouted, banging his hand on the well worn exercise book on the table. Only, this clerk was not wearing a suit, he was wearing a colorful Ankara outfit with a sideways matching cap. The room was a medium sized one, with plastic chairs arranged neatly in two sets of four columns, leaving an aisle in the middle. The clerk sat on small wooden chair behind the desk he was banging in the space in front of the room. In the center of the front, an elevated, padded chair was behind a desk not unlike the clerk’s own, but much bigger. This was Baba Risi’s courtroom. See, in this area, we don’t take our disputes to the police or the courts. That’s too long and clumsy, and we really don’t understand all the grammars those people speak. Baba Risi is the chairman of the boys in the area and his court is where we settle everything. Matters are decided promptly, we understand what is being said and God help you if you disobey the judgments. Awon boys will deal with you ruthlessly. So we trust Baba Risi to deliver and he has been doing that for twenty years in our community now. Enjoy the adventures and activities of Baba Risi’s court!
TISHA

Author: Sinmisola Ogúnyinka Category: Fiction

Description:

Abbey Ilori, a Lagos student teacher is posted to Abagboro Community High School, a secondary school in a remote village far from his home and all he is used to, as part of the requirements for his university degree in Post-primary Education. Abbey must cope with teaching English to local children who speak nothing but their dialect, and at the same time endure the rudiments of living in a village. There he meets Toro, another student teacher from another state, and they develop a close bond. But new arrivals of four graduates on the National Youth Service Corps programme will change the colours of Abbey’s stay and successful completion of his programme in Abagboro village. Throw in Abbey’s infatuation with one of his beautiful students, Bisi, and the intrigues that surround the girl makes Tisha a beautiful tale of survival in the toughest terrains, a touch of romance and a daunting race against evil men.

Accidentally Knocked Up 1: Not Quite A Razz Girl

Author: The Fertile Chick

Price: ₦ 150;

Description:

After enduring a traumatic childhood and a very volatile long-term relationship, Ose finally finds her life falling into place. She meets and falls in love with the perfect guy, and things couldn't be better. Or so she thinks...until a drunken encounter leaves her accidentally knocked up!

http://writertain.com/2017/09/23/okada/
Re: Top Ten Books On Okadabooks by castrol180(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2017
Hi
Re: Top Ten Books On Okadabooks by Divepen1(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
castrol180:
@divepen1, can I know if actually Okada books is paying up to 70% royalty for the intellectual work you display on the site. A friend just withdrew his best selling non fiction book from the site just because okada books was not doing well to him. Please can you shed more light on this as every efforts to contact Ofili has been abortive
How do you mean Okadabooks is not doing him well. Only few people should normally have access to the CEO when you can probably talk to his customers care. Meanwhile, they pay the 70% to all buyers. But you can't withdraw your money until you have gotten to 10,000 naira.

(1) (Reply)

Analysis Of The Poem 'A Government Driver On His Retirement' By Chibuike Onu / Wole Soyinka Leads Literary Icons To Berlin International Literature Festival / Homosexuality And The Question Of Morality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.