Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,180 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos (55332 Views)

Did Nigerian Kings Rule Europe Centuries Ago? / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? / Alaafin Of Oyo Visits Ayaba Maryam Adeniran Adeyemi, Wife Of His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by PrettyCrystal: 7:56am On Sep 23, 2017
Here are photos from the grand finale of 2017 Oranyan Festival. A major highlight of the event was the wearing of Sese-Efun (White Coral Bead Crown) by the Alaafin of Oyo; his Imperial Majesty, Alaafin Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III. According to reports, the Sese-Efun crown was made centuries ago and historically it has only be worn seven times by the successive Alaafins.

According to the historians, Alaafins do wear the crown only after ten years of coronation.

Another highlight of the event was the performance by Ayabas to showcase one of the best cultural tradition and Oyo historical pre-eminence was "igba titi" otherwise known as calabash drumming. While this was being done, the Ayabas were singing the praises and eulogising the past and the present Alaafin of Oyo.

The festival indeed attracted several traditional rulers, government functionaries, artists, cultural enthusiasts, Oyo sons and daughters at home and from diaspora. Guests were entertained by the cultural troupe and masquerades.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/alaafin-of-oyo-oba-adeyemi-wears-sese-efun-crown.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by PrettyCrystal: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2017
nice
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Swegzfreak: 7:58am On Sep 23, 2017
Nice
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by idoncare440(f): 8:00am On Sep 23, 2017
ok
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by juman(m): 8:04am On Sep 23, 2017
His time as king is not good.

Poverty increases.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:04am On Sep 23, 2017
Nice one
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by madridguy(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2017
tongue
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Sleekydee(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2017
Olu-ibadan, Alafin of Oyo, 23 new kingz....I hail
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by sarrki(m): 8:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Iku baba yeye

Alafin of Oyo

Ki egbo Mi eto

Apon apon kotowo

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Holuwahyomzzy: 8:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Wow!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Narldon: 8:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2017
that doesnt look like a century old Crown. ......
meanwhile check this out
Top 7 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2017
These monachs need to be banned from enjoying public fund. Nonsense

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Winners72(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2017
It means he's also angry with Ajimobi on the issue at hand. Ajimobi should better de-crown those baale he made kings.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Naijashortcode(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by abbaapple: 8:10am On Sep 23, 2017
This mode never brush this morning by pushing same thread twice on FP angry
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by HeWrites(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2017
Lalas to like Crown

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by StarBukola(f): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2017
Alafin ,they enjoy. E jus pain me your olori should enjoy this glory with you.

undecided
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Bhella5(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2017
Oba Alaafin Oyo, Oba nla ti n f'Oba je... Alawiye _ Apa keji.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Hashimyussufamao(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2017
alaafin badoo
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by dignity33: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2017
It amaze me when i hear NK hate speech from Nigeria but i have read many of non-igbo and igbos commenting and i discovered that every Nigeria is guity of hate speech including mr. GMB, people should stop using hate speech as excuse because we hate each other but we are just pretending because of oil.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by AuroraB(f): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2017
The hand gloves inclusive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Pearlyakin(m): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2017
Long live the king. Iku baba yeye, Orisa nla. Long live the king.....ashe

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by MrGreenMavro: 8:17am On Sep 23, 2017
O'Shea o
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by maclatunji: 8:17am On Sep 23, 2017
But the crown looks brand new.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Amosjaj(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2017
Arewa we rule
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Bhella5(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2017
dignity33:
It amaze me when i hear NK hate speech from Nigeria but i have read many of non-igbo and igbos commenting and i discovered that every Nigeria is guity of hate speech including mr. GMB, people should stop using hate speech as excuse because we hate each other but we are just pretending because of oil.
una don come again. Too early for Biafra talk abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by muller101(m): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2017
StarBukola:
Alafin ,they enjoy. E jus pain me your olori should enjoy this glory with you.

undecided
grin joking I guess
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by Jobabori(m): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2017
This is an ethnic group with solid culture, history and tradition. Kaaaaabiyesi ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by OmoManU: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2017
dignity33:

But unfortunately, if Igbo's succeeded in seceding, they won't b with the oil and any sea.

"Welcome the landlocked state of Biafra"

Ntor for them

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa? / The Rolls Royce Ooni Ogunwusi Visited Ekiti With (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.