Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB (39428 Views)

Anambra Workers Risk Sack Over IPOB Sit-at-home Order / Yoruba Youths Storm US Embassy Over IPOB Suit Against Army / Abiriba King Orders Closure Of Police Stations Over IPOB Women, Soldiers Faceoff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by luluman: 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
PointZerom:
Clap for your stupidity, so in less than two weeks you were able to destroy IPOB terrorists a feat US can't achieve. I thought that APC said no country can defeat terrorism. Pls can you display the WEAPONS you recovered from these terrorists let the whole world see. Chai, If you see Nigeria, tell her that I am weeping for her.
If you like, cry us a river.Bye bye Ipob.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by RomeSankara: 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
walexy100:

Buhari has killed Tompolo, Elzacky zacky and now Nnamdi Kanu

Strange as it sounds it's seems very true .
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by luluman: 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
attackgat:

What a disgraceful statement by the Nigerian Army. Declaring victory where there was niether war nor a fight. So their victiry was against people extorting money at road blocks?

The Army just went to a state where there was peace, gunned down unarmed people and declared victory.

Shameless people
If una no threaten to distabilize naija this for no happen now.

Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by luluman: 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
sekxy:
this zoo army no get shame atall..you declared yourself winner over unarmed citizens? ?
I'm not understanding
Understand or not, that's your problem provided ipob is gone.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by luluman: 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bede2u:
I keep telling pple Nnamdi kanu has been killed and buried in an unmarked grave. That was the goal of operation python dance. And declaring ipob terrorists is to cover up and divert attention. U declare ipob terrorist and dont declare kanu wanted? U say kanu is still on the run yet u already declared urself victor. This govt is as bad as sani abacha's and d worst since 1999.
LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by luluman: 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
attackgat:

Hiw where they a menace? Dud they touch anyone? Where they armed? How exactly did they create this fear with no arms?
Don't be dumb now, what they did with hate speeches, & insults to Nigeria & to other tribes is more than carrying arms.Use your brain.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by raphaeladeyele: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
welldone
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by attackgat: 11:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
luluman:
Don't be dumb now, what they did with hate speeches, & insults to Nigeria & to other tribes is more than carrying arms.Use your brain.

Really? Now ask your self this. If Shekau had just being insulting people, pouring hate speech, denigrating Nigeria, would you have prefared the Shekau of today that has taken up arms and killed so many people?

What about Niger Delta militants that have taken up arms destroyed many infrastructures?

Herdsmen have slaughtered many thousands all over the place

But the most important thing for you is Nnamdi Kanu who has no arms, never killed anyone and only wants referendum?

My brother, there are many bereaved families that have lost loved ones who wish boko haram, herdsmen had only had never taken up arms abd just stuck to hate speech and insults. Hate speech and insults are just words that cant kill anyone, guns abd bullets are a different matter
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Mikeal09: 11:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
tongue Armed or unarmed, Victory na Victory... If e pain you, go fight. grin
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by ndubueze92(m): 12:00am On Sep 24, 2017
Throwback:
IPOB was certainly a menace that created fear in the people. That menace and false government have since been neutralized.

The legitimate government of the SouthEast states can now function again.

Kanu tried to usurp the democratic and constitutional leadership of the SouthEast, but Buhari would have none of that.
usurp ? if only you had Katsina unabridged dictionary.... Since you don't know how to state nor qualify things .... I leave you to your sorry state In your zoo country.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by guonno: 3:51am On Sep 24, 2017
technicallyrich:

You. Are a big fool.
I repeat I am so ijaw and proud. Of my tribe,infact I'm rivers state presently if you want o know me pm me fool.
Not everyone hates igbos.mumu

Do not mind him. He thinks you are stupid and has the slave spirit in you. You and other ijaw men saw what the fulani and yoruba man did to president jonathan, and i know that unlike the westerners whom will never believe that they are slaves, you are fighting back because
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Daboomb: 5:46am On Sep 24, 2017
technicallyrich:

Just trolling the yorubas.i am in ph,hit me up if you insist that I am not ijaw.and moreover I don't have your time.

You see your foolish life for open?

Na so u Pigs dey chnage like Chameleon, every wind that blows.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 24, 2017
Wiseoldman:

Some people claim IPOB is the over 30 million Igbos in the world, when Buhari called it a terrorist organization. Same persons are saying its a small group of freedom fighers, when the army claims it has defeated them. In logic, the law of excluded middle and law of contradiction are not being followed here. You can either be A or B and not A and B. You cannot be A and Not A at the same time...
But why didn't the army parade the weapons they found in ipob members possession to the public when they invaded Biafra?
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 24, 2017
luluman:
What can you say about these same politicians who make hate speeches?

Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2017
Victory over unarmed agitators? Victory over young men and women you rode over like a "game" of chariots and horseback riding? As surely as JAH lives Nigeria will know no peace. Nigeria will breakup.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Ofemmanu1: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2017
HermajestyQ:
Am a lady...also a Masters student. The office of Nigerian president is been rotated across the 6 geopolitical zones . Ever ask yourself why an Igbo man has never been given the slot since Zik? Judging the fact that Igbo is the third largest ethnic group in Nigeria. Nnamdi Azikwe may be the only Igbo man that will EVER get there think you know why or you could go ask your teacher.

Madam, just because you're a lady and a masters student doesn't mean you'll always be right- infact, you know nothing about the Nigerian History and Politics.

The article below could rip your ignorance apart if only you can read and comphrehend- ENJOY..

..WHEN YOU ARE NOT BLINDED BY ETHNIC HATE , THERE IS AN
OUTBREAK OF COMMONSENSE.

FROM PRESIDENT OF OHANAEZE
I remember a time in this Country when all the six Ministers in Jonathan's kitchen Cabinet were all Igbos.

Ayim Pius Ayim was Secretary to the Government of the
Federation, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was in charge Finance, Emeka Wogu was in Labour and Productivity, Berth Nnaji was in Power and Energy.

Dieziani Madueke was the powerful Minister for Oil.
The six of them outside the Federal Executive Council would meet and decide what and what not to be discussed at the larger FEC.
Whatever they decided would eventually be the position of Government.

In six years, this was the situation. Okiro and Onovo had the Police under their control.
Ihejerika and later Minimah controlled the Army.
These powerful Igbos could do and undo.
Nigeria was in their pockets.
Rather than care about the poor Igbo chaps scattered all over the Country, they were busy diverting Billions of Naira into their accounts at home and abroad.
The Second Niger Bridge, they didn't do. They shared the money.
The Lagos/Calabar rail lines passing through nine States, three of them in the South East, they were not bothered.
They refused to pay the Chinese the Counter part fund. They shared the money.
Enugu/Onitsha, Aba/PH and other roads of economic importance to their fellow Igbos, they abandoned them.
Who is to blame ?

Who is marginalising the Igbos ?
You had your chance, you bungled it.
There was only one Yoruba Minister worth mentioning at the time, Akinwunmi Adesina.
He was in Agriculture. His budget was less than 1% while Emeka Wogu in Labour had over 10% for his Ministry.
Ayim had unlimited access to the treasury for the benefit of himself and Family members.
The poor Igbo guys meant nothing to him.

If an Igbo becomes President tomorrow after Jonathan, will there be any difference ?
The Igbo man will marginalise his fellow Igbo people...

PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Under Former President Jonathan, A South Easterner:
**Senator Pius Anyim - former Secretary to the Federal
Government for 5 years - Igbo.
**Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - former Minister of Finance and
Coordinator of the Economy for 5 years - Igbo.
**Senator Ike Ekweremadu- former and incumbent Deputy Senate
President for 5 years plus - Igbo.
**Emeka Ihedioha - former Deputy Speaker, House of
Representatives for 5 years -Igbo.
**General Ihejirika - former Chief of Army Staff for 4 years - Igbo.
**Diezani Alison Madueke - former Petroleum Minister for 5 years
- Ijaw/ Igbo.
**Senator Stella Odua- former Minister of Aviation for 4 years.

Please add these to the List.
All since the present Democratic dispensation in 1999.

-Evans Enwerem - Igbo- Senate President.
-Chuba Okadigbo - Igbo- Senate President.
-Adolphus Wabara - Igbo - Senate President.
-Ayim Pius Ayim - Igbo - Senate President.
-Ken Nnamani - Igbo - Senate President.
-Chinedu Nebo- Igbo - Minister of Power.
-Bert Nnaji - Igbo - Minister of Power

So who really is marginalising who? When all these had all the chance in the world to get their kinsmen their fair slice of the National cake ?
Did they not get the slice ?
Hell they did. Where did it go ?
Ask them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Sleekdude4u(m): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
Sagir Musa and
Burutai............,

Go to Sambisa and claim victory ,

Go and fight blood thirsty vampires like u then entire world will celebrate victory with u.
Shameless uniformed & cowardice VAMPIRE!!!!
tongue
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by ChristineC: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
cytell56:

Haba, at this time and age!!! Just goggle it and you will see it, even the police officer that was killed including his burial.
didn't see nothing from Google.
what's the exact location of the police station and the name of the officer?
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Daboomb: 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

Madam, just because you're a lady and a masters student doesn't mean you'll always be right- infact, you know nothing about the Nigerian History and Politics.

The article below could rip your ignorance apart if only you can read and comphrehend- ENJOY..

..WHEN YOU ARE NOT BLINDED BY ETHNIC HATE , THERE IS AN
OUTBREAK OF COMMONSENSE.

FROM PRESIDENT OF OHANAEZE
I remember a time in this Country when all the six Ministers in
Jonathan's kitchen Cabinet were all Igbos.

Ayim Pius Ayim was Secretary to the Government of the
Federation, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was in charge Finance, Emeka
Wogu was in Labour and Productivity, Berth Nnaji was in Power
and Energy.
Dieziani Madueke was the powerful Minister for Oil.
The six of them outside the Federal Executive Council would meet
and decide what and what not to be discussed at the larger FEC.
Whatever they decided would eventually be the position of
Government.
In six years, this was the situation.
Okiro and Onovo had the Police under their control.
Ihejerika and later Minimah controlled the Army.
These powerful Igbos could do and undo.
Nigeria was in their pockets.
Rather than care about the poor Igbo chaps scattered all over the
Country, they were busy diverting Billions of Naira into their
accounts at home and abroad.
The Second Niger Bridge, they didn't do. They shared the money.
The Lagos/Calabar rail lines passing through nine States, three of
them in the South East, they were not bothered.
They refused to pay the Chinese the Counter part fund. They
shared the money.
Enugu/Onitsha, Aba/PH and other roads of economic importance
to their fellow Igbos, they abandoned them.
Who is to blame ?

Who is marginalising the Igbos ?
You had your chance, you bungled it.
There was only one Yoruba Minister worth mentioning at the time,
Akinwunmi Adesina.
He was in Agriculture. His budget was less than 1% while Emeka
Wogu in Labour had over 10% for his Ministry.
Ayim had unlimited access to the treasury for the benefit of
himself and Family members.
The poor Igbo guys meant nothing to him.

If an Igbo becomes President tomorrow after Jonathan, will there
be any difference ?
The Igbo man will marginalise his fellow Igbo people...

PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Under Former President Jonathan, A South Easterner:
**Senator Pius Anyim - former Secretary to the Federal
Government for 5 years - Igbo.
**Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - former Minister of Finance and
Coordinator of the Economy for 5 years - Igbo.
**Senator Ike Ekweremadu- former and incumbent Deputy Senate
President for 5 years plus - Igbo.
**Emeka Ihedioha - former Deputy Speaker, House of
Representatives for 5 years -Igbo.
**General Ihejirika - former Chief of Army Staff for 4 years - Igbo.
**Diezani Alison Madueke - former Petroleum Minister for 5 years
- Ijaw/ Igbo.
**Senator Stella Odua- former Minister of Aviation for 4 years -
Igbo.
~EMEKA OKAFOR.

Please add these to the List. All since the present Democratic
dispensation in 1999.
Evans Enwerem - Igbo- Senate President.
Chuba Okadigbo - Igbo- Senate President.
Adolphus Wabara - Igbo - Senate President.
Ayim Pius Ayim - Igbo - Senate President.
Ken Nnamani - Igbo - Senate President.
Chinedu Nebo- Igbo - Minister of Power.
Bert Nnaji - Igbo - Minister of Power

So who really is marginalising who? When all these had all the
chance in the world to get their kinsmen their fair slice of the
National cake ?
Did they not get the slice ?
Hell they did. Where did it go ?
Ask them.

Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Ofemmanu1: 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
Daboomb:

Flattinos are just ungrateful basterrds.

History so long.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by luluman: 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
comshots:
What can you say about these same politicians who make hate speeches?
Nobody is comparing you with politicians, I'm only trying to show you where they erred.As for politicians, it was stupid of Ipob to emulate those politicians.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Wiseoldman: 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
Brother, unfortunately I can not answer this question.
comshots:
But why didn't the army parade the weapons they found in ipob members possession to the public when they invaded Biafra?
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by luluman: 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
attackgat:

Really? Now ask your self this. If Shekau had just being insulting people, pouring hate speech, denigrating Nigeria, would you have prefared the Shekau of today that has taken up arms and killed so many people?

What about Niger Delta militants that have taken up arms destroyed many infrastructures?

Herdsmen have slaughtered many thousands all over the place

But the most important thing for you is Nnamdi Kanu who has no arms, never killed anyone and only wants referendum?

My brother, there are many bereaved families that have lost loved ones who wish boko haram, herdsmen had only had never taken up arms abd just stuck to hate speech and insults. Hate speech and insults are just words that cant kill anyone, guns abd bullets are a different matter
That's where you got it wrong: your utterance & actions as IPOB could lead to a civil war & genocide faster than the killing of Boko haram or militant.Boko haram had no interest in war, but only selfish religious ideas,militants have no interest in war too but your people wanted Nigeria to go into another civil war: & you claimed to be ready.If you knew not this, ask you people & hear.People who do not support boko or militant are let to be, but IPOB wants to force everybody into supporting them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Daboomb: 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

Flattinos are just ungrateful basterrds.

History so long.

I also think thay are Willfully and criminally DELUSIONAL.
They always chose not to face reality.
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by Wiseoldman: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
Thanks for the acknowledgment Cheif. However, I'm not sure you would call what happened in the east war. My friend if you see war...in the words of our finer president. If was was war "America will know".

The scope of Nigerian Army ops are actually available to the public. You can check for Operation Lafiya Dole in the North (Anti-Boko), Operation Python Dance in the east (Anti-Crime, anti-kidnapping, anti-IPOB), and the upcoming Operation Crocodile Tears in south west and south east (anti-crime)

Cheers.
graychuks:
Your philosophical logic is noted, but however , useless and pointless in this case.....you can only claim the factuality of A , if it infers B ...soldiers dont go to war , fighting armless individuals,then return to claim victory. .very ridiculous. ....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by chidex3040: 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=NaijaNewsPapers post=60744086]
The Nigerian Army has declared itself victorious over the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) which was recently declared a terrorist organisation. The Army made the declaration on Friday, September 22 in a statement by Colonel Sagir Musa, the deputy director public relations 82 Division.

The statement posted to PRNigeria read in part: “Despite the initial opposition to Exercise EGWU EKE II by the outlawed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra IPOB members and their sympathizers and unpatriotic elements, the general area of the South East especially Aba in Abia State is now fully stabilized. this man no dey shame oo
for your mind you are fighting wat with armless ipob and you called it war nonsense... next story abeg
Re: Nigerian Army Declares Victory Over IPOB by mubeela(m): 1:45am On Oct 12, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
[s][/s]
Tinubu is a bastard

give amnesty to bokoharam - Tinubu
kanu is a monkey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kola Okunlola: Police Commissioner Caught Snatching Election Material In Bayelsa / Emir Sanusi Was Forced Into Exile In Nasarawa Against His Will – Legal team / Lawmakers’ Planned ₦30.17bn Severance Packages Exceed RMAFC Provision – Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.